i think i know why warrior got nerf

in Warrior

Posted by: darkaheart.4265

darkaheart.4265

my main is a warrior, i have played warrior, knight, melee, heavy class in other games and i like facing my opponent face to face and not run or hide because it makes “me”(you can feel however you want) feel like a coward.

i think anet nerf us warrior because the gameplay is simple and therefore it shouldnt have high damage + health + armor so compare to other classes that take more skill to play is a bit unfair. just compare two noobs fighting each, one with warrior and the other with another class. “i think” most likely a warrior would win in this case. therefore not a lot of players master their profession as compare to one who can master a warrior much sooner. so i believe anet nerf us warriors so that we can learn or improve our skills to prove our self if we are worth the warrior.

i7 3770k @ 4.5 ghz|Z77X-UD5H Motherboard|16GB @ 1600Mhz|GTX 1080|Corsair AX750 PSU|Windows 10 Home

in Warrior

Posted by: Cygnus.6903

Cygnus.6903

Yeah, no.

What you’re saying is that the hardest class to play should always be the strongest? Then where are the nerfs for p/d condi thief? PU condi mesmer? Turret Engineer?

I only state my opinion unless stated otherwise.
Hulk Roaming Montages/Build Vids
I always rage but never quit.

in Warrior

Posted by: dominik.9721

dominik.9721

They are bad in tpvp and this is the only competive mode atm.
So actually nobody cares about P/D and PU – 1v1 – heroes

Grimkram [sS]

in Warrior

Posted by: Crash.5362

Crash.5362

Being a class that its more simple than most isnt argument to justify it being weaker in some way.
I understand what’s your point of view and argument, but it would limit the Warrior players (Even the ones who are very pro with it) To never achieving the potential that other classes give. Which would lead to, in high ranks and competitive play, Warriors never managing to be useful simply because pro players would get much more from classes that are more difficult, but with more potential.

in Warrior

Cygnus.6903

They are bad in tpvp and this is the only competive mode atm.
So actually nobody cares about P/D and PU – 1v1 – heroes

#elitist fantasy

in Warrior

Posted by: dominik.9721

dominik.9721

Sad fact but true

Grimkram [sS]

in Warrior

Posted by: silentnight warrior.2714

silentnight warrior.2714

That cannot be the reason.
With two noobs fighting, warrior “would” win, with two pros fighting, warrior “would” loose. That would lead to a loop:
Nerf it because its too simple, buff it because it is lacking in high tier play.

What ANet should look its to make all classes viable at high end play (PvE or PVP). The class should be just a matter of choice / gameplay.

In the end everyone loose the “noob” definition to start to become good/very good players. If ANet nerf classes by what you said warrior wouldn´t be picked ever for any part of the game, as soon people start to get better.

The other thing i dont agree is with other classes being harder to play. Other classes have it easier to deal damage, they have other ways to mitigate damage. Warrior has simple machanics, but other classes as soon you know their gameplay / combos / burst they are also easy to play. The diference between classes is not that big.

(edited by silentnight warrior.2714)

in Warrior

Posted by: Simon.3794

Simon.3794

I seriously don’t know why people think the game should be balanced around noob level…

just because it’s easier to pick up doesnt mean it should be any more less good then others at high level.

in Warrior

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

I seriously don’t know why people think the game should be balanced around noob level…

just because it’s easier to pick up doesnt mean it should be any more less good then others at high level.

That’s my defense for playing. Minion Master. It wrecks nubs who can’t dodge and just sit in a sea of zombies, but in high play, they’re very kiteable, easily aoed down, necro has no CC breaks or boon defenses (vigor/prot/aegis) and no extra evades and poor mobility. And it takes good timing to cc an enemy for max uptime for pets.

But then someone gets ran over by a few minions and we’re right back to OP cheese.

It’s impossible to strike a good balance between bads and pros and it work out well. Unfortunately I prefer high end balance over low level balance, since typically high end players tend to have more to lose out on than a casual player. But alas, I’m not even sure what they are trying to do. I think they do balance around noob levels, which would explain why Thief/Ele/Engi tend to stay Meta at high end because they’re hard for new players to play so they don’t want to make it worse on those start out players. And things like MM gets nerfed because it rocks new players easily, even if it’s close to extinct in high end play.

Just my thoughts, good luck!
High Warlord Sikari.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in Warrior

Posted by: BlackTruth.6813

BlackTruth.6813

my main is a warrior, i have played warrior, knight, melee, heavy class in other games and i like facing my opponent face to face and not run or hide because it makes “me”(you can feel however you want) feel like a coward.

i think anet nerf us warrior because the gameplay is simple and therefore it shouldnt have high damage + health + armor so compare to other classes that take more skill to play is a bit unfair. just compare two noobs fighting each, one with warrior and the other with another class. “i think” most likely a warrior would win in this case. therefore not a lot of players master their profession as compare to one who can master a warrior much sooner. so i believe anet nerf us warriors so that we can learn or improve our skills to prove our self if we are worth the warrior.

Warrior is a simple-minded class by your standards but Guardian and Ranger isn’t? I suppose that’s why you can make the Frenzy utility work, right? You probably base your opinion on shoutbow, which isn’t really what defines Warrior’s skill cap and ceiling.

On topic though, you’re saying “easy” characters should never be op, okay. But look at what ANET previously did to spirit ranger in the past and Guardian before celestial amulet came into existence. Stupidly easy characters and stupidly effective at the same time.

Nowadays, ANET’s balancing team aren’t making bad decisions anymore ever since Jonathan Sharp stepped down. But it’s always been a trend in their balancing in the past, nerf the hell out of hard mode specs and buff the hell out of easy mode specs. Warrior is a victim of high skill cap tech getting nerfed such as these skull crack combos:

TL;DR Warrior got nerfed because of incompetent balance designers, not because it’s an “easy” class. Now that the guy who used to balance the game have stepped down, balancing isn’t so bad anymore.

P.S Before you say Warrior is easy, why don’t you try landing Skull Crack DPS combos against people with half a brain? Or try and make DPS Warrior in general without missing 70% of the time, without rifle that is LMAO.

twitch.tv/blacktruth009
Schwahrheit, #1 Fuhrer NA, Just your everyday typical rager

in Warrior

Posted by: Narkodx.1472

Narkodx.1472

As a Warrior player and multi classer there is only ONE reason why Warrior got nerfed… it was because it was OP

Hambow with no adrenaline decay was OP… that is all there is to it now the other random nerfs I do not feel were that justified or overall that impactful to the class but you guys can not deny that Hambow before Adrenaline and Sigils/Runes changes was the Apex Predator in tPvP

in Warrior

Posted by: Israel.7056

Israel.7056

The whole premise of the thread rests on the assumption that the devs have some objective way to measure how difficult a class is to play. I don’t think they do.

I think it has more to do with community feedback than anything. People cried about warrior for a long time so eventually the devs made changes to the class.

Moral of the story: if you cry loud enough for long enough the devs might actually listen to you.

in Warrior

Posted by: Scoobaniec.9561

Scoobaniec.9561

As a Warrior player and multi classer there is only ONE reason why Warrior got nerfed… it was because it was OP

Hambow with no adrenaline decay was OP… that is all there is to it now the other random nerfs I do not feel were that justified or overall that impactful to the class but you guys can not deny that Hambow before Adrenaline and Sigils/Runes changes was the Apex Predator in tPvP

Talk for yourself. I been wrecking any hambow i came across back in they days where they been considered “op”. The olny problem with hambow was pin down, rest was pretty much a l2p issue.

in Warrior

Posted by: Narkodx.1472

Narkodx.1472

Talk for yourself. I been wrecking any hambow i came across back in they days where they been considered “op”. The olny problem with hambow was pin down, rest was pretty much a l2p issue.

*Speak for yourself

Just because you can beat it in a 1v1 does not mean it is not OP….

CONQUEST aka tPvP is not about 1v1

If you watched any tournaments from those days every team had two hambows

Like today when every team has two cele eles

in Warrior

Israel.7056

But one of, if not the biggest hits to hambow was moving Unsuspecting Foe out of adept tier and then afterwards the toning down to combustive shot, earthshaker and burst mastery.

(edited by Israel.7056)

in Warrior

ronpierce.2760

But one of, if not the biggest hits to hambow was moving Unsuspecting Foe out of adept tier and then afterwards the toning down to combustive shot, earthshaker and burst mastery.

Adrenaline changes hurt too. Same with Cleansing ire changes (only cleanse if you land).

in Warrior

Israel.7056

Adrenaline changes hurt too. Same with Cleansing ire changes (only cleanse if you land).

Absolutely I agree. However the hambow build wasn’t by default overly reliant on front-loaded damage, it’s entirely possible to play the same weapon set as a sturdy nodefighter. Having to be in the fight for a little while might be tougher for a zerk amulet hambow but I think soldier/cele hambow can handle it just fine, particularly running three stances. The cleansing ire changes are definitely a big deal but it was really easy to reliably land the old Combustive Shot. One strike of adrenaline used to be enough to cover a very large area. Now the meta has shifted more towards having highly mobile “bruiser” builds covering as nodefighters and this definitely presents a challenge for hambow due to a distinct lack of mobility but I still feel like the nerfs prior to the adrenaline/cleansing ire changes when taken in aggregate were a much bigger hit to the build than the adrenaline/cleansing ire changes would’ve been by themselves.

in Warrior

Cygnus.6903

So if hambow is the reason for all warrior nerfs, why did axe, GS and mace get nerfed as well?

in Warrior

ronpierce.2760

So if hambow is the reason for all warrior nerfs, why did axe, GS and mace get nerfed as well?

Poor planning and tunnel vision? I’m convinced most times, Devs don’t see builds beyond the most viable/competitive 2 per class. Beyond that, whatever happens is an afterthought.

in Warrior

Cygnus.6903

Poor planning and tunnel vision? I’m convinced most times, Devs don’t see builds beyond the most viable/competitive 2 per class. Beyond that, whatever happens is an afterthought.

That’s probably the case. Anyway, blaming Hambow for all our misery is bs.

Blaming floods of forum QQ is probably more accurate.

in Warrior

Posted by: Travis the Terrible.4739

Travis the Terrible.4739

Just ignore the fact that you still need to “land” longbow burst for condi clear. And by land it just needs to not being destroyed/reflected. You dont have to hit anything with it. Unlike every other weapon in which you have to hit something.

On a side note the burst precision trait that lets burst skills always crit applies to the fire field left by longbow burst skill.

Follow the darkness into the depths, it’s more fun than the light can provide.