if rush was reworked...

if rush was reworked...

in Warrior

Posted by: Epic.3950

Epic.3950

I often wonder, having played warrior since release what would be different if rush was a completely different skill. right now its simply a broken runaway tool for bad warriors to escape 1v1s and just plain ol running from that big ol blob in wvw. if rush was an actual useful skill how would it change?
the way I would like to have seen it is as follows
-900 range
-AOE radius
-more reliable to hit (I mean just rework the animation not little polishes)
-25 second CD

obviously there are 2 nerfs here and 2 buffs. a small range nerf to impede running so kitten easily but more combat based buffs allowing it a use as an initiation tool. obviously it needs a higher cd to put it more in line with the eles overnerfed RTL (should be at a 25 second CD flat)

what would you hypothetically wish for in rush if you ever had the chance to change it?
tell me below!!!

if rush was reworked...

in Warrior

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

How about not changing it.

I mean I just started playing a warrior and powerlevel in 5 days, but thanks to my extremely limited experience with it, I can honestly I like rush. IT allows one to close distance and or escape when you are fighting a thief with sw/d and get sick trying to PvP the little kitten cuz all your CC are useless on it.

Or when you overplay your hand and end up next to a zerg and you use rush + whirlwind attack+ charge and then you turn around and you mock the kitten for not killing you.

But in all seriousness I think whirlwind attack should be change, it just seems so boring.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

if rush was reworked...

in Warrior

Posted by: Dand.8231

Dand.8231

Right now, rush works better for traveling and escaping fights. As an offensive tool, it’s highly inconsistent; ironically you’re better off using it to CREATE a gap, rather than close one.

Make it a leap, like Guard GS #3, and problem solved.

if rush was reworked...

in Warrior

Posted by: Scoobaniec.9561

Scoobaniec.9561

Make it a leap, like Guard GS #3, and problem solved.

This.

if rush was reworked...

in Warrior

Posted by: Poxheart.2845

Poxheart.2845

Right now, rush works better for traveling and escaping fights. As an offensive tool, it’s highly inconsistent; ironically you’re better off using it to CREATE a gap, rather than close one.

There is so much truth to what you say. There have been so many times when I’ve used Rush to close a gap, only to see my character run past the target, turn around, attack & miss. Now I’ve learned that I can’t have a target when I use it as a gap closer or else I slow myself down.

Poxheart
Knights of the WhiteWolf

if rush was reworked...

in Warrior

Posted by: Nihilus.3015

Nihilus.3015

And a double cooldown if you miss

AmateurNet

if rush was reworked...

in Warrior

Posted by: atreyu.9624

atreyu.9624

I wouldn’t rework rush, just polish it (a lot). So kittenin buggy when used offensively.

little big wizard – Eu

if rush was reworked...

in Warrior

Posted by: Scoobaniec.9561

Scoobaniec.9561

And 20 skills in gs at once.

if rush was reworked...

in Warrior

Posted by: atreyu.9624

atreyu.9624

icwutdidthar

Anyway guys, yes, you can’t balance 2 skill in the same way, even if they are about similiar, when they work in 2 different sets.
I mean one is a skill available to a 5 skill set weapon. The other is a skill available to a 20skills set weapons combo.

little big wizard – Eu

(edited by atreyu.9624)

if rush was reworked...

in Warrior

Posted by: Dand.8231

Dand.8231

I’d be okay with a double CD on miss… as long as the skill itself actually works like RTL, an extremely fast, accurate move, with a small blast radius capable of hitting and knocking down multiple targets.

The current version of rush misses IMMOBILE targets 50% of the time, to say nothing of moving targets.

Or, heaven forbid, dodging targets. The animation is so telegraphed it’s almost impossible to get hit.

if rush was reworked...

in Warrior

Posted by: Fallout.1798

Fallout.1798

Honestly Rush really still needs to be fixed so it can actually hit the target. For those saying that it allows us warriors to always escape, there’s many simple ways to stop the rush. Get a chill, immobilize, or cripple on us and our rush is effectively stopped. And I have had many times when it doesn’t get me far enough away from the enemy group in wvw, because even if I get the full distance of the rush, I end up still getting hit. And, Rush’s movement still pales in comparison to a thief’s Short bow #5 and dagger #2 skill for chasing. Try as I can in either catching or outrunning a Theif, the Theif still almost always wins.

Rush needs to be fixed, use a similar mechanic to how ranger Greatsword #3 Swoop works (its 1100), and ends with a leap, or how Guardian Greatsword #3 works. Even just copy one of those 2 skills and just make the adjustments to the range and damage for Warrior Rush and you’ll be good.

Stormbluff Isle
[AoD]- Commander Vars Wolf

if rush was reworked...

in Warrior

Posted by: Monoman.2068

Monoman.2068

I think blade trail should be combined with rush so that when the GS connects you rush over for a follow up strike and we get a completely separate 4 or 5 skill. I would like some extremely hard hitting blow back skill.

Yes I don’t like thiefwarriors.

Laviere – Hybrid Wellomancer
Makonne – Hybrid Regen Ranger

if rush was reworked...

in Warrior

Posted by: Fiorrello.8126

Fiorrello.8126

i hate how greatsword is only taken to either hundred blades or run from fights.

after talking with a guild mate we discussed what changes we would like for the greatsword.

3- same attack, same mechanics, it now moves you the same distance as it would if you where crippled. this allows you to land all of the attack more reliable. and makes it less useful for creating distance.

5 – changed to a leap with the same range as the guardians greatsword leap. applies an aoe cripple on hit.

if rush was reworked...

in Warrior

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

I think that Bull’s Rush and Rush should switch slots.

Bull’s Rush is very useful for Hundred Blades, but isn’t really all that useful for everything else. Maybe except Eviserate, but Shield bash helps more.

This way, GS warriors will have a great reliable burst on one weapon bar while other weapons can have great gap closers.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

if rush was reworked...

in Warrior

Posted by: Redscope.6215

Redscope.6215

How about we don’t nerf/buff anything until the skill is fixed?

How about we fix the skill so that you don’t just dodge it by changing direction?

if rush was reworked...

in Warrior

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

I’d be okay with a double CD on miss… as long as the skill itself actually works like RTL, an extremely fast, accurate move, with a small blast radius capable of hitting and knocking down multiple targets.

The current version of rush misses IMMOBILE targets 50% of the time, to say nothing of moving targets.

Or, heaven forbid, dodging targets. The animation is so telegraphed it’s almost impossible to get hit.

Actually RTL doesn’t do the knockdown, that would be updraft. And its definitely not accurate. Easily dodged by anyone with half a brain who sees the big glowing orb headed towards them and sometimes misses things right in front of you. It also will get snagged on the ground if the ground is slightly elevated for some reason. Its pretty buggy right now. And the fact you get locked out of your skills while doing it kinda sucks if someone immobilizes you. You’re a big floating “kill me” sign.

Trust me, you don’t want it changed to be like RTL. I’d just prefer rush to be a bit more accurate than it is now.

if rush was reworked...

in Warrior

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

icwutdidthar

Anyway guys, yes, you can’t balance 2 skill in the same way, even if they are about similiar, when they work in 2 different sets.
I mean one is a skill available to a 5 skill set weapon. The other is a skill available to a 20skills set weapons combo.

You can take another 5 skills set weapon(s) that has 2x lower cooldowns and deal more damage.

if rush was reworked...

in Warrior

haviz.1340

Sure, increase weapon swap cd by 60%, increase cds of most of the skills by 100% and decrease damage by 50%. This is massive damage for ele.

if rush was reworked...

in Warrior

Posted by: teg.1340

teg.1340

Actually RTL doesn’t do the knockdown, that would be updraft. And its definitely not accurate. Easily dodged by anyone with half a brain who sees the big glowing orb headed towards them and sometimes misses things right in front of you. It also will get snagged on the ground if the ground is slightly elevated for some reason. Its pretty buggy right now. And the fact you get locked out of your skills while doing it kinda sucks if someone immobilizes you. You’re a big floating “kill me” sign.

Trust me, you don’t want it changed to be like RTL. I’d just prefer rush to be a bit more accurate than it is now.

After playing both warrior and ele in wvw since headstart, I have to say that I definitely would trade Rush for RTL on my warrior! RTL is much faster movement, much better auto-aiming when target changes direction and it actually hits much more reliable than Rush because there’s no huge cast delay between the end of animation and the hit.

In the current state Rush is completely useless to actually hit a moving target. The only purpose is closing gaps. Double cooldown would ruin Rush because you never hit anything with it even if you use it offensively.

if rush was reworked...

in Warrior

Posted by: CntrlAltDefeat.1465

CntrlAltDefeat.1465

I feel what your saying; Out of the 5 skill move set on GS 1) auto attack 2) uber stationary auto attack from hell 3) small gap closer that gets easily nullified if your on uneven terrain that takes you away from your target, or at best through your target 4) long range throw 5) long range dash that the longer you rush, the more likely you’ll over shoot your mark and finishes in perhaps the most awkward and ungraceful animation.

It does feel at times that in close quarter situations, you only have 2 skill available, and one of them is auto attack. Thank goodness for quick hands weapon swapping. Greatsword on its own is good, but too much of it is dedicated to when your target is not in front of you..giving it a ranged weapon feel.

if rush was reworked...

in Warrior

Posted by: teg.1340

teg.1340

GS is just fine expect GS 5 bugs and GS burst, which is the only useless burst from all weapons.

IMO GS5 should work like eles RTL expect cripple/chill ignore. Then cooldown could be doubled if you dont hit a target.

GS burst should be completely revamped. I would like to see something like Axe 5 Whirling Axe.

if rush was reworked...

in Warrior

haviz.1340

RTL ignores chill/cripple but don’t forget it ignores swiftness as well.

if rush was reworked...

in Warrior

Posted by: Dagraan.2854

Dagraan.2854

After playing both warrior and ele in wvw since headstart, I have to say that I definitely would trade Rush for RTL on my warrior! RTL is much faster movement, much better auto-aiming when target changes direction and it actually hits much more reliable than Rush because there’s no huge cast delay between the end of animation and the hit.

In the current state Rush is completely useless to actually hit a moving target. The only purpose is closing gaps. Double cooldown would ruin Rush because you never hit anything with it even if you use it offensively.

you haven’t played an ele recently if you prefer a skill with a 40 second CD always stuck at 1200 range lack of perma swiftness, having to use an elite just to get what warriors already have.
not to mention rubber banding, biggest telegraphed attack in all of GW2, minimal damage, will not cure immobilized, and will always miss something bigger than a norn or charr.

so please tell me why you prefer RTL?

if rush was reworked...

in Warrior

Posted by: Redscope.6215

Redscope.6215

you haven’t played an ele recently if you prefer a skill with a 40 second CD always stuck at 1200 range lack of perma swiftness, having to use an elite just to get what warriors already have.
not to mention rubber banding, biggest telegraphed attack in all of GW2, minimal damage, will not cure immobilized, and will always miss something bigger than a norn or charr.

so please tell me why you prefer RTL?

You obviously haven’t played in sPvP or WvW using Rush…or if you have, you’re fighting complete scrubs.

Just change direction before the warrior reaches you. Rush misses. You save a dodge.

You’re complaining about RtL because of lag? Yeah, lag happens to fk with everything, its not a skill fact.

if rush was reworked...

in Warrior

haviz.1340

You obviously haven’t played in sPvP or WvW using Rush…or if you have, you’re fighting complete scrubs.

Just change direction before the warrior reaches you. Rush misses. You save a dodge.

You’re complaining about RtL because of lag? Yeah, lag happens to fk with everything, its not a skill fact.

I hope you realize RtL was used mostly as an escape tool, not a gap closer. Nerf hit its disengage ability, not gap closing.