losing Heightened Focus

losing Heightened Focus

in Warrior

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

Assuming the leaked patch notes are correct, it looks like I’m going to lose Heightened Focus. I run a 30/20/0/0/20 great sword build. With Heightened Focus changing to a grandmaster trait it’s going to be out of my reach. Any suggestions on a suitable replacement?

losing Heightened Focus

in Warrior

Posted by: Lighter.5631

Lighter.5631

30 10 0 0 30 dual axe build now dude.

“i think it’s an underserved nerf. now we have to slot a stun breaker??”
“berserker stance clears all CC on you and you’re still immune to CC for 8 seconds”
-Excalibur.9748

losing Heightened Focus

in Warrior

Posted by: Warlord.9074

Warlord.9074

stop using PVT.

“Just press 2 to win all the dps was us cuz we’re a
warrior and we’re the best class” Eugene

losing Heightened Focus

in Warrior

Posted by: Yamsandjams.3267

Yamsandjams.3267

stop using PVT.

Go go apothecary warrior.

losing Heightened Focus

in Warrior

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

stop using PVT.

Uh, wanna take another crack at that?

losing Heightened Focus

in Warrior

Posted by: Veritas.6071

Veritas.6071

Move the trait points and change your gear/amulet.

Old HF with full adrenaline = 189 precision.

You can get 100 of that along with another 10% dmg to bleeders from moving 10 to arms. I realize you lose Fast Hands. Decisions Decisions.

Ve·ri·tas [English ver-i-tahs] A Latin noun meaning Truth.

(edited by Veritas.6071)

losing Heightened Focus

in Warrior

Posted by: Yamsandjams.3267

Yamsandjams.3267

Move the trait points and change your gear/amulet.

Old HF with full adrenaline = 189 precision.

You can get 100 of that along with another 10% dmg to bleeders from moving 10 to arms. I realize you lose Fast Hands. Decisions Decisions.

I would move the 10 from discipline to arms, as you said. I’m assuming the reason he went 20 into discipline was for heightened focus and signet mastery. If he’s doing a GS build, he’ll likely not be swapping to much so he can just 100b mobs, so he can give up fast hands.

If we’re talking sPvP or WvW, then it might be a bit more complicated than that. There wasn’t much information given on what was trying to be achieved though.

losing Heightened Focus

in Warrior

Posted by: Copenhagen.7015

Copenhagen.7015

30/20/0/10/10

10 in Tactics is for Empowered. With many ways to access Fury, I wouldn’t sweat Heightened Focus.

losing Heightened Focus

in Warrior

Posted by: Viking Jorun.5413

Viking Jorun.5413

stop using PVT.

Go go apothecary warrior.

I like you. Apothecary is really the way to go, especially since it’s able to revitalize shout heals and maintain sustained damage with conditions.

losing Heightened Focus

in Warrior

Posted by: killahmayne.9518

killahmayne.9518

not really a big deal IMO

Mace/Greatsword Video (Sept Patch)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoAjKtD6MLY

losing Heightened Focus

in Warrior

Posted by: Redscope.6215

Redscope.6215

Assuming the leaked notes are true:

Lose – Heightened Focus
Gain – Warrior’s Sprint @ 25%

My build will change to 30/20/0/0/20 with
Strength
Restorative Strength
Slashing Power
Berserker’s Power
Arms
Furious Speed (definite 10s of swiftness on 15s cooldown)
Forceful Greatsword
Discipline
Warrior’s Sprint (25% speed w/ melee weapon)
Mobile Strikes

The extra mobility will definitely make up for loss of +9% crit at full adrenaline (not even permanent +9%). I may even go to sword main hand with all the extra cripples and damage it gets.

According to these “leaked” notes.

losing Heightened Focus

in Warrior

Posted by: Bread.7516

Bread.7516

Lose – Heightened Focus

Strength
Restorative Strength
Slashing Power
Berserker’s Power
Arms
Forceful Greatsword
Discipline
Mobile Strikes

The extra mobility will definitely make up for loss of +9% crit at full adrenaline (not even permanent +9%). I may even go to sword main hand with all the extra cripples and damage it gets.

is this for pve/wvw/pvp?

i assume pve since it’s silly to go glass in wvw and pvp.

what’s the use of mobile strikes in pve in terms of dps?
should trait 25 in arms since it gives you 10% more damage instead and ditch mobile strikes

losing Heightened Focus

in Warrior

Posted by: Dolan.3071

Dolan.3071

I currently don’t use Heightened Focus (nor Berserker’s Power) and crit on every hit. Zero kittens given, use your kitten Burst Skills.

Uriel Asther ~ Warrior | Kaya Lereau ~ Elementalist | Natalie Fox ~ Thief
Skye Eterna ~ Mesmer | Arya Slade ~ Charrdian | Kiera Thine ~ Ranger
Oceanic ~ [LOD] [Noob]

losing Heightened Focus

in Warrior

Posted by: Seren.6850

Seren.6850

stop using PVT.

irony coming from a guild that chooses gear and spec for you.

SoS original -“They mostly come out at night … mostly”
[FIRE] Serene Snow, Warrior

losing Heightened Focus

in Warrior

Redscope.6215

Lose – Heightened Focus

Strength
Restorative Strength
Slashing Power
Berserker’s Power
Arms
Forceful Greatsword
Discipline
Mobile Strikes

is this for pve/wvw/pvp?

should trait 25 in arms since it gives you 10% more damage instead and ditch mobile strikes

Can’t ditch Mobile Strikes for PvP. Its not ‘silly’ to build zerk in PvP and WvW, its hard. I enjoy the challenge personally. Can’t stand the bunker-and-win playstyle, it puts me to sleep.

losing Heightened Focus

in Warrior

Bread.7516

Lose – Heightened Focus

Strength
Restorative Strength
Slashing Power
Berserker’s Power
Arms
Forceful Greatsword
Discipline
Mobile Strikes

is this for pve/wvw/pvp?

Can’t ditch Mobile Strikes for PvP. Its not ‘silly’ to build zerk in PvP and WvW, its hard. I enjoy the challenge personally. Can’t stand the bunker-and-win playstyle, it puts me to sleep.

mobile strike in pvp is senisble, but in any high level tpvp glass warrior is…garbage.
bunker is only for holding points. most people find a balance, there’s no fighter in any pro ring that has no speed technique or power; they have all, some just excel in few other aspects.

(edited by Bread.7516)

losing Heightened Focus

in Warrior

Posted by: Tyrion.4259

Tyrion.4259

Lose – Heightened Focus

Strength
Restorative Strength
Slashing Power
Berserker’s Power
Arms
Forceful Greatsword
Discipline
Mobile Strikes

is this for pve/wvw/pvp?

mobile strike in pvp is senisble, but in any high level tpvp glass warrior is…garbage.
bunker is only for holding points. most people find a balance, there’s no fighter in any pro ring that has no speed agility or power; they have all, some just excel in few other aspects.

In WvW you really need to spec a burst type build unles you want to zerg it. And zerging it is mindless warfare. Me personally I am in berserker gear with defense, tactics, and discipline trained and do well with the hammer and greatsword.

losing Heightened Focus

in Warrior

Redscope.6215

You can roam and do well with zerker gear in WvW if you can react fast enough. Of course you don’t get a lot of room for error. And against other glass builds the fights normally go pretty quick. The only thing you have to watch for really is the troll thieves. They’re still bunker with a lot of movement. I don’t suspect that will last too long though.

In tournaments you probably won’t see warriors at all in the high-end b/c this game’s best strat is to bunker ftw if you can’t spike. Warrior is lacking on the healing side too much to play with the ‘big boys’ as far as bunkers and his only spike is highly predictable and was nerfed.

I don’t play a lot of sPvP though and when I do my zerk build works fine (mostly because you can’t build the same kind of zerk in sPvP). With the upcoming added mobility I’d suspect he’d be even more viable, though still out of the high-end.

But can we stop with all the comparisons to real life in video games? This is a game. If they gave you a skill to one-shot players with ease but you only got it by min-maxing 100% into one stat somehow, people would be doing that. It’s got nothing to do with professional fighting in real life.

losing Heightened Focus

in Warrior

Posted by: PistolWhip.2697

PistolWhip.2697

stop using PVT.

LOL Rekt.

MORE BEARDS OR RIOT

losing Heightened Focus

in Warrior

Bread.7516

You can roam and do well with zerker gear in WvW if you can react fast enough. Of course you don’t get a lot of room for error. And against other glass builds the fights normally go pretty quick. The only thing you have to watch for really is the troll thieves. They’re still bunker with a lot of movement. I don’t suspect that will last too long though.

In tournaments you probably won’t see warriors at all in the high-end b/c this game’s best strat is to bunker ftw if you can’t spike. Warrior is lacking on the healing side too much to play with the ‘big boys’ as far as bunkers and his only spike is highly predictable and was nerfed.

I don’t play a lot of sPvP though and when I do my zerk build works fine (mostly because you can’t build the same kind of zerk in sPvP). With the upcoming added mobility I’d suspect he’d be even more viable, though still out of the high-end.

But can we stop with all the comparisons to real life in video games? This is a game. If they gave you a skill to one-shot players with ease but you only got it by min-maxing 100% into one stat somehow, people would be doing that. It’s got nothing to do with professional fighting in real life.

“omg this is a game not real life”. well, it’s what they seem to be trying to achieve or go closer to if the high-level play is like that.

are you in T1 for wvw? because in T1 you don’t see a lot of berserker for a good reason

losing Heightened Focus

in Warrior

Posted by: Epic.3950

Epic.3950

stop using PVT.

ehrmergherd!!!!!!1111!!!11 I think you made a PVT warrior mad! I run full glass in zergs problem?

losing Heightened Focus

in Warrior

Posted by: Jonwar.9205

Jonwar.9205

Lose – Heightened Focus

Strength
Restorative Strength
Slashing Power
Berserker’s Power
Arms
Forceful Greatsword
Discipline
Mobile Strikes

is this for pve/wvw/pvp?

bunker is only for holding points. most people find a balance, there’s no fighter in any pro ring that has no speed technique or power; they have all, some just excel in few other aspects.

I think you got that backwards. If a warriors not glass, he contributes next to nothing in any team fight. A tanky warrior in tPvP is just a punching bag.

Hurr Durr Blades – PvP Warrior
Jangeol – WvW Warrior

losing Heightened Focus

in Warrior

Posted by: Isaac.6041

Isaac.6041

30 10 0 0 30 dual axe build now dude.

I was thinking the same thing.

An alternative for greatswords I think would be 30 30 0 10 0 with the new empowered trait.

losing Heightened Focus

in Warrior

Posted by: Setun.4368

Setun.4368

I currently don’t use Heightened Focus (nor Berserker’s Power) and crit on every hit. Zero kittens given, use your kitten Burst Skills.

Amen brother.