lvl 80 PVE builds?

lvl 80 PVE builds?

in Warrior

Posted by: LameFox.6349

LameFox.6349

I’ve gone through most of the game just using a greatsword and a rifle, basically killing things very fast and moving on. Traits are 20/30/0/0/20. All rare berserker armour. I use skills for the sword mostly (the extra damage one and the recharge speed one) and switch to the rifle for special things that I can’t survive long enough to melee. So many critical hits just sort of melts things.

Except now, in the lvl 80 areas with all the undead junk mobs EVERYWHERE, I can’t rely on killing fast enough to survive anymore. I mean they do die really fast, but they also respawn really fast, and they are so close together that it’s hard to avoid adds in every encounter. The guys using the axe throw to drag me around the world also means sacrificing things for stability. I’m frequently unable to be out of combat long enough to heal – something just spawns there or walks there.

Even just walking around trying to harvest nodes is supremely annoying. Heals are too little too slow, stability and endure pain are too infrequent. I’m tired of getting downed by useless trash mob adds and barely managing to kill something with a rock, if at all. I need to find something that actually survives, especially since I’m mostly online in the emptier times when I can’t just tag along and provide DPS.

So, what are some good (survivable) builds?

lvl 80 PVE builds?

in Warrior

Posted by: Tajah.8142

Tajah.8142

I use Sword/Axe… pull with range to break up a pack of mobs… load up fear to crowd control.

Looking For A Classic Guild
Warrior 80/400/400 Armor/Jewelry

lvl 80 PVE builds?

in Warrior

Posted by: Gorge Express.7163

Gorge Express.7163

Put a superior sigil of blood on your greatsword. Use whirling attack often to dodge if you aren’t.

If that’s not enough, go 20/25/15/0/10 to get more passive regen.

And if THAT fails, go 20/20/0/30/0 and use healing shouts.

lvl 80 PVE builds?

in Warrior

Posted by: Decrypter.1785

Decrypter.1785

Im using Sword/warhorn And rifle , lots of bleeds/vulnerabilitys , and it works great for solo Exploring orr zones .

my utilty bar is Mending , Shake it off , For great justice , Dolyak signet , Signet of rage

You have lots of CC removal And healing shouts + Stability + Endurance regen

[WM]give us in game ladder

lvl 80 PVE builds?

in Warrior

Posted by: Absolution.2851

Absolution.2851

Or just use Omnomberry Pie. 66% chance to Lifesteal on crit, no CD.

lvl 80 PVE builds?

in Warrior

Posted by: daoc.5087

daoc.5087

I use GS and axe/warhorn with traited warhorn for condition removal and turning them to boons. It is working really well in PvE especially on Orr where you get slammed with allot of conditions. I use Berksers armor with Knights trinkets which gives me a balanced build with a good amount of power, crit and toughness. It is nice to have the stability buff from Doylak signet when needed.

Anyways thought i should share it since it is working great for me.

http://www.gw2build.com/builds/simulator.php#1.2.12.4.0.21.22.20.0.0.27.34.38.37.50.2.3.10.80.0.0.95.100.0.0.0.0.126.129.0.140.141.0.10.20.0.20.20

Edit: This is for solo PvE and not dungeons. For that you should take something more group oriented. I have hardly done any dungeons so far so i have no suggestions for that.

(edited by daoc.5087)

lvl 80 PVE builds?

in Warrior

Posted by: Psybunny.8906

Psybunny.8906

I’m running with my “Reinforced glass cannon”. Seems like a pretty balanced dps build. I run with full berserker on armor and 4x Ogre/2x Soldier runes. As trinkets I have ruby amulet/backpack, beryl and emerald rings&earrings.
On weapons I have: GS – pow/prec/crit (bloodlust), Rifle – pow/prec/crit (air, thinking of switching to rage), Axe+shield – pow/vit/crit (air&int), Longbow – pow/prec/cond (air).

For survivability I have 1373 toughness (boosted with shield/when crippled), around 21-22k+ hp depending of weaponset and whether I take the 5% vit boost from strength traits. You’ll never get onehitted in dungeons and regen rate from signet+adrenaline is 373+213 ticks, so you’ll usually endure the most common poison/few bleed stacks with pretty much max hp. This build works perfectly for me, because I’m actually pretty tanky and I can still dish out very very big damage (around 16-18k HB, 10-14k killshots and 800-2.5k autoattacks depending on weapon used). This build has very fast adrenaline creation, to be used mostly with rifle/longbow burst spamming. In dungeons I mostly go melee and use 2ndary set for utility/range (rifle/longbow as secondary when needed).

http://www.gw2build.com/builds/simulator.php#1.2.12.8.0.0.16.20.0.0.28.38.39.36.50.2.8.24.80.84.0.0.0.0.107.109.0.0.0.0.139.140.147.20.0.20.0.30 (kinda like this, though pvp calculator can’t handle more precise stat management)