make burst precision ignore blind unblockable

in Warrior

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

burst precision is not good enough, lets make it better!

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Burst_Precision

currently,

Burst Precision
“Burst skills have an increased chance to critically hit.”
Critical Chance Increase: 100%

i propose

Burst Precision
“Burst skills have an increased chance to critically hit, unblockable and immune to blindness based on adrenaline level.”
Adrenaline level 1 Critical Chance Increase: 100%
Adrenaline level 2 Unblockable
Adrenaline level 3 Blindness immunity duration: 10 s

Notes:
At Adrenaline level 1, burst skills have 100% critical chance increase.
At Adrenaline level 2, burst skills have 100% critical chance increase plus unblockable.
At Adrenaline Level 3, burst skills have 100% critical chance increase, unblockable, removes blindness before activating burst skill and gives 10 seconds of blindness immunity.

yes, burst precision is that useless, it needs a buff!

discuss!

update:
okay, Cygnus sez its a bit overpowered so imma nerf it a bit. maybe we lose the unblockable thingie.

heres a nerfed version

Burst Precision
“Burst skills have an increased chance to critically hit and immune to blindness based on adrenaline level.”
Adrenaline level 1 Critical Chance Increase: 50% Blindness immunity duration: 3 s
Adrenaline level 2 Critical Chance Increase: 75% Blindness immunity duration: 6 s
Adrenaline level 3 Critical Chance Increase: 100% Blindness immunity duration: 9 s

discuss! again!

update 2:

excellent proposal by Zygil !!!

Burst Precision
Burst skills always critically hit. Burst Skills are unaffected by Blind when you have Fury. Gain Berserker’s Perception after a successful Burst skill attack based on Adrenaline Level.
Berserker’s Perception: Your attacks are unaffected by Blind while under Fury.
Adrenaline Level 1: 3 seconds
Adrenaline Level 2: 5 seconds
Adrenaline Level 3: 7 seconds

discuss !!! once again !!!

(edited by Deimos Tel Arin.7391)

in Warrior

Posted by: Cygnus.6903

Cygnus.6903

I Always get a smile on my face when I read your topics. But everything you suggested here seems incredibly overpowered.

We could use some help with the blind spam though. So I guess that this worthless GM trait might be the way to go.

I only state my opinion unless stated otherwise.
Hulk Roaming Montages/Build Vids
I always rage but never quit.

in Warrior

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

aye, Cygnus, i’m glad to hear that my topics put a smile on your face!

anyway, thanks for the feedback!
i have a new proposal! what do you think?

Burst Precision
“Burst skills have an increased chance to critically hit and immune to blindness based on adrenaline level.”
Adrenaline level 1 Critical Chance Increase: 50% Blindness immunity duration: 3 s
Adrenaline level 2 Critical Chance Increase: 75% Blindness immunity duration: 6 s
Adrenaline level 3 Critical Chance Increase: 100% Blindness immunity duration: 9 s

in Warrior

Posted by: Warlord.9074

Warlord.9074

Wound be better for anet to simply tone down blind. That being said blind doesn’t really effect other classes as much as warrior. So I don’t see any reason for it to be as strong as it is. Literally any class that can spam AOEs blind does nothing to.

Your other option would be to trait brawlers recovery because it clears blind on baseline. or use hydromancy.

“Just press 2 to win all the dps was us cuz we’re a
warrior and we’re the best class” Eugene

(edited by Warlord.9074)

in Warrior

Cygnus.6903

aye, Cygnus, i’m glad to hear that my topics put a smile on your face!

anyway, thanks for the feedback!
i have a new proposal! what do you think?

Burst Precision

I would definitely pick this trait. Would have to make it so that you only get the immunity if you land the burst skill. The duration might also be a bit long.

in Warrior

Posted by: SomeGinger.5697

SomeGinger.5697

That would be a terrifying grand master trait that sounds too powerfull.
However i would love to have that in my stash to choose from.
A lv 3 burst however should be a skill to be feared.
We also have several options for setup skills to “ensure” our next skill succesfully lands.
Other classes also have “answer/OH KITTEN!” skills that prevent such skills from landing.
That trait may tip the scales in our favor for offence too greatly.

in Warrior

Posted by: Velimere.7685

Velimere.7685

That being said blind doesn’t really effect other classes as much as warrior.

Blind is absolutely deadly against Mesmers.

Anyone who says Zerk is the average Joe build is an average Joe.

in Warrior

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

Sounds pretty good

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

in Warrior

Posted by: Henry.5713

Henry.5713

The actual buffs and changes would be up to debate and balancing, sure. This probably sounds a bit more dramatic than it is…

However, having some counter to all of those instant bursts, blocks, blinds, dazes and stuns would be indeed nice.
Don’t think this sounds as overpowered as it would have in the past. You can still dodge or teleport or use one of the immobilize breaking retreats when you see the animations of the burst skills.

I’d much rather have the ability to counter some defenses than more passive traits, instant defensive boons or conditions on hit.
Don’t think anyone can deny that warriors got the short end of the stick when it comes to instantly casted bursts or skills. So wouldn’t they need some way to actually stand up to those?

And stances just aren’t enough anymore. You can’t even make things happen during their use most of the time.
It is only when you pop Rampage that you get to pick someone off quickly.

Honestly, are warriors supposed to be just a walking 120sec cooldown now?

(edited by Henry.5713)

in Warrior

Posted by: Zygil.1276

Zygil.1276

Actually tacking on a Blind Immunity would suit it perfectly. This is a very good idea, and gave me some thoughts on it myself. After all it is “Burst Precision”, which by Precision we are making a precise attack. It fits the theme well.

So the idea I had come to mind is something like this:

Burst Precision
Burst skills always critically hit. Burst Skills are unaffected by Blind when you have Fury. Gain Berserker’s Perception after a successful Burst skill attack based on Adrenaline Level.

This is grand master material. Getting Fury is not difficult for Warriors, however gives some form of counter play that if we don’t have Fury, we don’t get the anti-blind bonus. Fury is the converted Boon to Blind, therefore if we can get outplayed if our Fury gets converted into Blind, or turn the tables by having said Blind converted to Fury.

This gives Fury some use even with critical chances being maxed out as well. By having the Boon, we are more accurate. Note that Arcing Slice for example grants fury after hitting targets, so it still can be countered by Blind if there is no fury already present.

(edited by Zygil.1276)

in Warrior

Cygnus.6903

Burst Precision

I really like this, but burst skills being unaffected by blind when you have fury sounds completely OP still. We can easily have 100% fury uptime, meaning our earthshakers, eviscerates and killshots can never miss due to blind. Give us counterplay, not hardcounters.

The entire suggestion would be GM material without the burst skill blind immunity. The immunity to blind while having Fury if you land a burst skill sounds very good, balanced also.

in Warrior

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

thanks everyone for participating !!!

i think Zygil idea is excellent !!!

in Warrior

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

Well, I haven’t taken my warrior into PvP lately. However, for PvE I use Burst Mastery, Burst Precision, and Signet Mastery.

Burst Mastery gives +7% increased damage on burst skills (as well as adrenaline recharge), Burst Precision gives 100% crit chance, and Signet Mastery give unblockable (6s) when you hit a foe below 50% HP. (And for Signat Mastery, all you need is at least one signet, and Healing Signet is almost always equipped by default it seems, so its not something you need to worry about.)

But it does nothing if you are blinded of course. However, we do have condi removal options, so I guess you’d have to pay attention, use a removal, then hit with Eviscerate (or other burst skill), which if they are at least 50% HP become unblockable. Which people are more likely to block at that point then at the beginning of the enounter.

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

in Warrior

Posted by: MattyP.6954

MattyP.6954

Don’t abilities that count as multiple hits (sword flurry, etc) counter blind-spam pretty well?

Server — Fort Aspenwood
Mains — Mathias of the Wood [Ranger]; Collaborator Bluatt [Engineer]
Alts — Necromancer, Warrior, Elementalist

in Warrior

Henry.5713

Well, I haven’t taken my warrior into PvP lately. However, for PvE I use Burst Mastery, Burst Precision, and Signet Mastery.

Burst Mastery gives +7% increased damage on burst skills (as well as adrenaline recharge), Burst Precision gives 100% crit chance, and Signet Mastery give unblockable (6s) when you hit a foe below 50% HP. (And for Signat Mastery, all you need is at least one signet, and Healing Signet is almost always equipped by default it seems, so its not something you need to worry about.)

But it does nothing if you are blinded of course. However, we do have condi removal options, so I guess you’d have to pay attention, use a removal, then hit with Eviscerate (or other burst skill), which if they are at least 50% HP become unblockable. Which people are more likely to block at that point then at the beginning of the enounter.

Don’t think this is a Learn to Play issue. The current state of sPvP just isn’t in a warriors favour at all.

Everything is about Discipline once again. Warrior’s Sprint, Brawler’s Recovery, Burst Mastery and Fast Hands are pretty much mandatory. I don’t see any build working without these traits.
Next would be Defense. Dogged March / Shield Master, Defy Pain, Cleansing Ire / Last Stand and Adrenal Health seem too good to let go.
So it is either Strength, Arms or Tactics as your third choice. Marauder goes for Strength. Shout builds go for Tactics. Some condition builds choose betweenTactics for Burning Arrows or Arms for the sword traits.

The utilities you are left with are either three stances and Rampage, and not much else once those go on recharge.
Or two to three shouts, which are no longer enough to fight the onslaught of conditions and burst.
Or even use a mix of these.

Almost all of these are defensive choices, and yet they don’t seem to be enough anymore. Enemies will still be able to kill you before you kill them.

I think Deimos is right in suggesting that it is our weapon skill based traits which need a change. Even if it is just the adrenalin skills.

Some classes got such interesting new effects compared to us. A few ideas come to mind, those could be added to any of the offensive traits even:

- 4th level of adrenalin to give bursts a new punch
- already mentioned extra effects to adrenalin levels plus one for the 4th level
- another effect on the dodge roll
- crazy adrenalin recovery whenever you are on low hp and lower burst cooldowns
- higher defenses, less conditions based on how low your hp gets
- enrage effect that might make you go into rampage randomly if you get hit too often or get dodged/blocked/etc

We didn’t get any baselines, so I don’t see any of these coming either. One can only dream.

(edited by Henry.5713)

in Warrior

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

Don’t think this is a Learn to Play issue. The current state of sPvP just isn’t in a warriors favour at all.

I snipped for brevity.

I might have not made it clear. Its not so much as a “L2P” issue, as “We already have the tools.” Thus I don’t see how making the unblockable/immune to blind changes to burst traits needs to happen. Again, it’s been awhile since I’ve brought my warrior into PvP, and not since the patch.

I feel that those changes would be a bit over the top. It seems to me that it might “pigeon hole” people into burst builds and leave very little room for anything else. As it is, at least from a PvE standpoint, I feel that the burst traits are rather well done,. and can synergize well with some other traits to do some cool things. But a buff like that would cause other traits to be useless, and once again open the flood gates of “Lack of builds/can’t PHIY, I’m forced to play XYZ”

Thats just me though

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

in Warrior

Posted by: Vizardlorde.8243

Vizardlorde.8243

Problem with blind and warrior is that their pvp viable weapons mostly have 1 single big hit and an easily read telegraph, if they had more multi hit skills that were viable in pvp it wouldnt affect them as much since only 1 of the hits would miss while the rest would connect. The only multi hit skills that do decent damage are on non viable weapons or root you like volley or hundred blades.

in Warrior

Henry.5713

Well, I’d consider learning to utilize all of the tools given to you a L2P issue. I might have misunderstood it then, even if I disagree about having all of the tools right now.

In any case, my opinion is based on the current balance / trait change patch. The recent changes (from a PvP point of view) were rather disappointing to a lot of us. It wasn’t like this prepatch.
Nobody complains about PvE because everyone (including myself) seems to be rather happy with the recent changes.

It is not about forcing anyone into playing anything. I’d rather have build diversity than having to play Shoutbow only.
Yet, there are certain builds which work too well in sPvP or even PvE for people trying to be as effective as possible not use. Those are the ones you are forced to play. The current patch isn’t any different.

People seems to hate whenever someone brings up the ESL and the builds played there, but warriors seem have to almost completely disappeared. It is a bit worrying.

in Warrior

Posted by: baylock.1703

baylock.1703

No skill in game bypasses blind nono on blind

in Warrior

Posted by: perko.8309

perko.8309

Instead of gaining blind immunity, which does seem odd, how about it just cures blind condition as it hits. Not as strong, I know, but better than it is now.