mending vrs regeneration

mending vrs regeneration

in Warrior

Posted by: Macnor.4832

Macnor.4832

First off my warrior is a power build. The mindset/playstyle is defined by the skill “Bull’s Charge”.
My preference is mending which can restore all my warrior’s health and cure 15 conditions in 100 seconds. I never wait to start healing. Lose the skills amount I heal.

I am looking at a variation to my build and would like some advice from more experience players with regeneration.

As the following are not boons they can not removed or interrupted or so the wiki says.

Dolyak rune, signet and peach pie “should” restore my warrior’s health in 126 seconds.

Is the regen effective enough to be playable?

Current build – accessories are only rare at this time.
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vJAQNAU3XjEdQZH22BueAnIGCCMtMk9CD2BoEGAwZXNIGA-TBSAABto5AA7Pe4IAQwBBgH1fwVJIcm/mT5nYAKD-e

I want an “in your face” alternative to my ranger. A druid based equipped crit 100% 200% dam staff longbow and equipped condi staff sword/torch.

Thanks for any advice!

mending vrs regeneration

in Warrior

Posted by: Choppy.4183

Choppy.4183

Iirc, healing signet and mending are about the same health/second now (I’m on my phone, so you should check). Mending heals three conditions but can be interrupted, whereas the heal on the signet can’t be interrupted unless you use the active for the resistance, which hurts your heal/sec.

The answer to your question is yes, either can work. I prefer healing signet and I play pretty aggressively, but mending could work.

I recommend you drop your runes and pick a better food though. You have enough healing from the signet (or mending) plus adrenal health, and the pie and runes give you a pittance. You’re also way tanked out in your gear choices that I’m not sure what you mean by “in your face”.

It seems to me that your damage output would be pretty low to the point that I think I could safely ignite you in a fight while I focus on your friends or just fight you straight without feeling threatened.

I think you’d do well to adopt a more aggressive gear choice no matter which game mode you’re on. If you’re concerned about defense, damage and/or condi reduction food and runes would give you more than your proposed choices, and I think you could get more weapon synergy than you have now (I don’t see how double axe pairs with rifle).

Warrior has lots of protections and passives to support a more aggressive style of play, which means I think you have more room to develop that “in your face” aspect your looking for.

Good luck.

I’m Biff Rangoon, and I approved this message.
Ehmry Bay | Omg Brb Icecream Truck (ICEE)

mending vrs regeneration

in Warrior

Posted by: Miko.4158

Miko.4158

this wvw? or pve? and do you have hot? like a fair amount of gw2 mending doesn’t make loads of sense , it doesn’t scale with healing power , so is worth more the more you add toughness, as each point is more difficult to take although toughness has a decreasing scale to balance this. however for your purposes doylak signet is your friend. likewise rousing resilience on defense. assuming axe is your main might be worth swapping discipline for tactics and adding shake it off , and balanced stance utility to trigger rousing resilience. you have little to no cleanse so assuming you arent wvw you can ditch stab/last stand. assuming you rifle -bulls charge- axes you should look at increasing your burst damage and stances as they are more efficient for impact play.. fear me can help you break up blobs, and you are then aiming for conditions and or damage? you’ve got a fair amount of bleed physical skills/conditions, but have picked power weapon sigils. you need to pick one or the other to choose offensive runes, maybe necromancer if you like fear me. defensive assuming little to no boons bar a bit of might yes doylak suits your purpose although is more common to stack passives i.e with healing signet as they are deliberately low. rune of the scrapper is also worth a look.

mending vrs regeneration

in Warrior

Miko.4158

oops you are power?
get rid of body blow>for great fortitude and you need to be the otherside of 2000 for power really, look at more might if you cant do it on stats alone. ditch stomp aswell and think about bulls charge do you really need it? you may be better of with hammer.

mending vrs regeneration

in Warrior

Macnor.4832

Yesterday I had a guild mate help me with teleport to friend Auric Basin. Opened the waypoints. Today I got almost 2 mil exp. Yes I have HoT. The build I adjusted doing 73% of Tyria. Have Been There Done That and personal story complete on another character.

I think you could get more weapon synergy than you have now (I don’t see how double axe pairs with rifle).

Almost every warrior I saw today pulled out a rifle. The npcs don’t like to stand still and they do travel quite a ways very fast. There is a point where you decide between chasing after for little damage a silver reward or pulling out a rifle for gold. And it’s Auric so when aren’t you fighting a champ class. Axe and Burst Mastery so the rotation is constant. 2 gives vunerability – 4 – 5 – burst repeat. Unless interupted the rotation is constant and of course you’re going to get knocked down run over stomped on picked up and throw against the nearest wall. It’s Auric!

You’re also way tanked out in your gear choices that I’m not sure what you mean by “in your face”.

I am standing in you face 130 melee range hoping to not grab aggro.

It seems to me that your damage output would be pretty low to the point that I think I could safely ignite you in a fight while I focus on your friends or just fight you straight without feeling threatened.

Ignore me and I am at your back
Bull (breaks immobile) knockdown + fumble. My ranged friends pick you apart.
Stomp (breaks stun) Launch + fumble. My ranged friends pick you apart.
In your face Fear unblockable. My ranged friends pick you apart.

Fight me – Fear (unblockable) and when your back is turned Bull and I am on you. Stomp and burst leap and I am back on you. And I like playing with other people. I don’t think they will be just watching. I don’t delude myself thinking this a great damage killer build. But it is very group friendly. I used stomp and fear today to aid in rezzing people. Yes I am tanky. I died once today. A Champ grabbed me by my feet and slammed me on the ground not once but twice WHAM WHAM! That wasn’t too bad but the other champ heard me groan and picked me up by my feet. WHAM! WHAM!. Thru the fog I kinda remember yelling “I need help here!” It’s Auric! Gotta love the place!

maybe necromancer if you like fear me

I have a Sylvari Necro specifically for HoT Sylvari storyline. Doesn’t use fear. Runs into the middle of those pack rapters and pops Well of Blood and Well of Suffering both traited thru Vampiric Rituals. She is kitten hard to kill and if something does she enters shroud! Just plain hard to kill.

ditch stomp aswell and think about bulls charge do you really need it? you may be better of with hammer.

Hammer is truly disfunctional and when that champ takes off at superspeed at least 2400 away… And who doesn’t run thru aggro and how often does something immobilize or stun you from behind? All I have to say is BULL!

/wavehi

mending vrs regeneration

in Warrior

Choppy.4183

Hmmm… I don’t play pve or do raids, so I may not be in tune with what’s required there.

In terms of what I meant by you could probably afford more aggressive stats and still be effective, I mean you could be more of a contribution to your team or more effective in a fight by dumping some of your defensive stats and regen choices. Sometimes killing your enemies faster is a better defense than tanking more damage.

In regards to weapon synergy, I wasn’t saying you shouldn’t bring a rifle, only that rifle and double axes don’t compliment each other in any real way. For example, greatsword is a more common pairing with rifle because it provides mobility, good aoe and targeted melee damage (all things the rifle lacks), plus a little defense through the evade. Other people pair rifle with sword+shield for the mobility, defense, and cc (again, all things the rifle lacks), largely trying to stick to rifle for damage. The rifle obviously brings the ranged pressure the melee sets lack.

I’d be happy to show you what I mean by all of this if you’re up for some fights. Just pm me in game if you’re interested and we can run through a few duels. Maybe you can show me something I’m missing, but I’m pretty sure you could get a lot more output from your warrior by making some changes.

mending vrs regeneration

in Warrior

Macnor.4832

1st thank very much for the replies/advice! Ran the numbers and only loss is 2K health and condition removal. Gonna give it try. Will post the results.

This build I have is also my WvW build specifically my anti clerics druid. Interrupt interrupt interrupt those heals! Would never play my crit based Druid as a “healer”. Did that in WoW. I remember when raid healing gained you no rewards and how long they took to fix that :/ I told the group they pay for armor repairs and I am happy to heal. Groups I didn’t know I wanted the money up front. Anyways…

Again my thanks!

mending vrs regeneration

in Warrior

Macnor.4832

Choppy
What is “lirc”? You opened your 1st post with it. PvP. Had enough! 1989 America Oline opened the 1st graphical interface game called Neverwinter Nights. We had actual alignments and there was really evil characters. Trash talk of all kind in open chat but joking and laughter in whispers. We weren’t kids so… (I’m retired now) The game ended and pvp in a new game. OH MY GOD people took it seriously! Don’t let them get your email because they would sign you up for every spam that existed. PvP naw. Running roaming dieing in WvW. ya okay but enjoying pve way too much to devote much time to it.

Not sure why people think my build doesn’t do damage. It does or I wouldn’t be able to run solo thru Auric and I like to stop and give a warrior’s HELLo to npcs along the way. Today I watched a bezerker build get dropped constantly doing the 0/6 at north gate. Mobbed = dropped! Mob me? Sure go ahead! I was the one standing over him taking damage rezzing him. He was greatsword and he was dieing! Alot! Gw doesn’t have all those addons to moniter just about everything that WoW did (does?). I think of damage as a total at the end of the day’s play. Of course you CAN’T ignore someone whose down.

anyways… Try the build for yourself! The equipment is cheap compared to those high damage options. Ya know those people who ask that noone sneeze in thier direction. Tissue please! Don’t blow just wipe!

lirc ??

/wavehi

mending vrs regeneration

in Warrior

Choppy.4183

iirc = if I recall correctly

As for damage, as a point of comparison, I have about 2600 power vs your 2100. I’m also based around might generation, so add anywhere from 450-750 power depending on how much might I can maintain in a fight (depends on number of enemies, etc). I also have about 60-65% crit chance (vs your 4%) and about 225% crit damage (vs your 150%) once stacks are factored in. I’ve got a bunch of additional modifiers on there too from the Strength line, specifically, another +10% damage on my greatsword, +10% damage on all weapons when my endurance isn’t full (which is almost always), and +20% damage on all weapons from Berserker’s Power.

So my damage output is considerably higher than yours, and I use movement, blocks, vigor-powered dodges, and stances to avoid damage altogether instead of tanking it with high armour and health pool. These things, plus Adrenal Health and Healing Signet, allow me to run more aggressive gear choices without spending all of my time in downed state, despite spending a lot of my time outnumbered.

My build is more typical of warrior builds in general these days. So it’s not so much that I’m a special kind of awesome that I’m able to do this, rather it’s more because it’s a more optimal use of warrior features.

EDIT: I also just noticed you’re running Axe Mastery instead of Berserker’s Power, which is definitely not optimized.

It gives you +300 ferocity on your axe set only, which translates into +20% damage if you have a 100% crit chance. Because your crit chance is 4%, it’s a damage boost of a mere +0.8%.

Compare that with Berserker’s Power, which will give you a straight +20% whether you crit or not, on both weapons, provided you’re able to land a full burst every 10 seconds. That’s a lot of damage potential to give up just to have your axe cooldowns reduced by 20%.

(edited by Choppy.4183)

mending vrs regeneration

in Warrior

Miko.4158

if you have hot, run it.
If you cant understand why? then you are crazy.
I love builds like this in wvw, and why I will never post my own here.
strictly for guildies.

mending vrs regeneration

in Warrior

Posted by: Me Kill You.9035

Me Kill You.9035

I’m not sure if anyone commented on this, but for a power warrior base ferocity is not good, at all.

Warriors have some decent methods of getting fury and very strong melee skills so when you crit you are going to do a lot of damage. Others people pointed out warriors have great passive and active defensive skills, dolyak sig, endure pain if direct dps is getting you, and lots of other utilities/traits.

I’d go for at least 180% ferocity, I hit 220% with food on my war with ~35% base crit, 26k hp and 2.9k defense with dolyak sig.

Jade Quarry [TPA]

(edited by Me Kill You.9035)

mending vrs regeneration

in Warrior

Macnor.4832

if you have hot, run it.
If you cant understand why? then you are crazy.
I love builds like this in wvw, and why I will never post my own here.
strictly for guildies.

Only 1 area in the game has Auric in the title. Only 1 place in all of the game has a north gate event needing 6/6 done to complete. Have you played HoT? Try a “Reading is FUNdamental” class. They accept all ages.

Love builds like this in WvW? I am sure you do. But you won’t face my war there. You’ll face a 100% crit 200%+ damage 1500 range longbow 2000 range initial pet attack range Druid. My pet swap and shouts gives my group +33% constant speed boost for those like your warrior who can only trait 25. Even my druid heals help players do more damage. One of my pets has a 1200 range 10x 2,437 attack. Meet me in WvW. Not likely! You’ll be run over to quickly to notice.

You’ll never post your build here? Doesn’t matter! Ever here of something called YouTube? It’s out there somewhere (gestures with hand) in WebLand.
Requirements – Bouncing Mushrooms for navigation. Ley Line Gliding to bypass the pitfalls. And you MUST HAVE must have ITZEL POISON LORE to SURVIVE the adventure!

I offer my hand of friendship, compassion and generousity with the following…

(to digress… did you know that shaking hands was an act of warriors showing that unarmed open hand! But they WERE guys so they just had to grab it and see who could squeeze the hardest. Kinda what I’m doing now I guess. SOOOO glad women are coming into their own! If you knew their history you would know what the word HERO means)

My open hand… Out there in Webland in the zone called YouTube you’ll have many encounters where they appear to have no forethought given to what is going to happen… next. But BUT there is always a shining jewel; a beacon shining through the din and mayhem and this I offer to you.

In my hand
https://www.youtube.com/user/AyinMaiden/playlists

And to this young Lady I offer the song “The Best” sung by Tina Turner. And as the lyrics say…

I call you. I need you! My heart’s on fire. You come to me come to me wild and wired. You come to me. Give me everything I need! Give me a lifetime of promises and a world of dreams! Speak the language of (GW2) love like you know what it means. You can’t be wrong! Take my heart and make it strong! You’re simply the best! Better than all the rest!

I really shouldn’t post this reply. Just let it go! But waking up in the middle of a REALLY good dream to pee has me feeling a bit frisky.

sigh…

Choppy… got a few questions but I’m going back to bed and resume that dream! Ya right! ROFLMAO! Roll damage 10X AOE Knockover Unblockable OH MY GOD! (yes god is mine! But I share! Just kidding! About what not saying! ) I need to go back to bed. The aroma of coffee! The thought of that rich dark fluid. A touch of sweet cream! The cup warm in my hands. maybe not!

mending vrs regeneration

in Warrior

Macnor.4832

I’m not sure if anyone commented on this, but for a power warrior base ferocity is not good, at all.

Warriors have some decent methods of getting fury and very strong melee skills so when you crit you are going to do a lot of damage. Others people pointed out warriors have great passive and active defensive skills, dolyak sig, endure pain if direct dps is getting you, and lots of other utilities/traits.

I’d go for at least 180% ferocity, I hit 220% with food on my war with ~35% base crit, 26k hp and 2.9k defense with dolyak sig.

Okay! 1st I AM tired so please bear with me. You got my attention with your reference to the diversity of the warrior’s talents. Could you post your build?

You and Choppy both provide reasonable alternatives from experinced viewpoints and for that I thank you! Very much so! And I have those alternatives in my hunter. But the reason I made this folder is because

I WANT A TANK!

Obviously I have to be able to do damage and I do. BUT

I WANT A TANK!

In Guild Wars when you ask the Norn’s help against the destroyers what do they say?

One Norn IS an army! We have five. Or was it four?

I want a tank! I don’t want to bull rush into something I want to bull thru it leaving a gaping hole in the shape of my Norn. When I stomp I want people in the next zone to say Norns! Geez!

To me my current build is the ultimate in simplicity. I don’t use food and I have a 400 chef and a few other 400+ crafts. My skill set covers the complete range of activities I will encounter and do encounter. No… whoops food needs redone. No rotation to make. No Skill whatever is still recharging. I don’t look at something I’m going to RUSH into I find out afterwards if it was less than prudent. I am Norn! 1 might say the skill set is almost mindless but it isn’t. I stay in mob fights when others bail. My Guardian is even better at it but no trait run no play. I would give up all my Guardian’s elite options for a trait 33% run buff. Whoops! Too late! I made a warrior. And Norn racial skills! Could I go off on a tangent about those! They are not One Norn One Army! They are a pink tutu and ballet shoes on a 400 pound brawler. The asura power suit that’s a racial skill but like shroud (a non elite skill) it should use it’s own “health”! And like shroud if you suffer a killing blow you are put into your power suit if skill equipped. That’s an “elite” racial skill.

I am Norm!

One Norn. One Army!

I WANT A TANK!

I freely admit even with nearly 30 years gaming exp behind me I can, have and do at times suffer from tunnel vision.

Any advice! ANY ADVICE in achieving my goal I thank you in advance.

/wavehi

mending vrs regeneration

in Warrior

Posted by: Me Kill You.9035

Me Kill You.9035

Yea I played a warrior as my first char to be tanky and get in things faces, back when ferocity didn’t exist so it was a little simpler then.

https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Berserker_-_Phalanx_Strength

Thats the PS PvE build that is the most popular for warrior atm because it pumps out might to team members extremely quickly with that trait. (Phalanx Strength). Head Butt is very good for break bars but Sig of Adrenaline is good for spreading more might quickly. If you are worried about dying you can swap Tactics for Defense, you’d lose personal and party damage but get a lot more defensive options, for example one trait will activate Endure Pain when your health drops below 50%, which is invulnerability to most damage besides conditions, and wars has many many ways of cleansing conditions in their traits and weapons like torch. You’re probably going to want to run at least 1 banner, depending on if your party has other war/s, because banners offer very significant dps boost to the party but for open world you can run whatever.

GS/ Axe-Mace is the best for single target dps because it stacks vulnerability insanely quickly and also has a powerful breakbar skill, but Axe-Axe is good for open world PvE too. I would recommend just starting where you are now, and you can gradually fill in pieces of gear with either Berserk/Cavalier/Assasins or Marauder if you can get some. That’s one of the best recommended way to ease into new builds when you want to trade off some defense for dps, but you can customize it as opposed to if you changed your whole set at once.

Jade Quarry [TPA]

(edited by Me Kill You.9035)

mending vrs regeneration

in Warrior

Miko.4158

snooze this is a warrior forum. if you love rangers …