[merged] Warrior's New Meta Unkillable Rematch

in Warrior

Posted by: Thesilentflute.8761

Thesilentflute.8761

It isn’t new Just well hidden among the other out of control classes.

Edit: That isn’t even the one I was talking about it was a signet build with sword and lb.

I see good ideas every day …good in theory. – Shawn Farthing
Masters in Geek Mythology
YOU ARE NOT THE INVENTOR OF WORDS!!! lol

(edited by Thesilentflute.8761)

in Warrior

Posted by: Who.4651

Who.4651

It isn’t new Just well hidden among the other out of control classes.

Yeah I know it isnt new, I just added the same title as the coloxus’ guy thread for the luls.

in Warrior

Posted by: CutePicsHunter.7430

CutePicsHunter.7430

Close to my build tho its much better to take pack runes especially if you’re not playing solo (kekeke, banner warrior playing solo). Also you need hammer. Dunno why did you take shamans amulet if you have only 1 damaging condition, lol, cleric is much better if you’re going AOE regen. Remove sword+warhorn, pick hammer, pick II trait in tactics and IV trait in arms.

HoT is just a cash grab.
Almost nothing in this game will ever be fixed.
Anet fix things only if it might increase gemstore sales.

in Warrior

Posted by: Who.4651

Who.4651

Close to my build tho its much better to take pack runes especially if you’re not playing solo (kekeke, banner warrior playing solo). Also you need hammer. Dunno why did you take shamans amulet if you have only 1 damaging condition, lol, cleric is much better if you’re going AOE regen. Remove sword+warhorn, pick hammer, pick II trait in tactics and IV trait in arms.

ofc there are variations, this is just one of them, yeah im gonna change to PTV my bad

in Warrior

Posted by: XII.9401

XII.9401

look how OP their heal/condition with 3.4k Armor . almost can heal 1.2k HP/ sec with inspiring banner trait

The real joke is the number of evades/teleports/ stealth stomps/ shadow step stomps/ unlimited get out of jail cards -instant zero cool down teleports on sword that bypass both stuns and immob- as well as shadow refuge abuses -dropping it before you go down so you remain downed and stealthed thus avoiding a stomp-.

Also..damage doesn’t reveal stealthed opponents.

When all of these cheap cheezy mechanics are fixed maybe then we will look at other classes.

The amount of evades the thief filmed are insane. The thief class needs to be fixed.

There are always hard to kill classes given your build such as bunker guardians.You can’t have anything as a thief. This isn’t real life where daddy and mommy give you everything you want.

Try playing a non-cheezy class and maybe use some skill instead of having a class carry you.

in Warrior

XII.9401

Look how OP your kittened evades are he’s bunker, you’re berserker, and it took him forever to kill a? guy with 918 toughness.

Ask your self as a non-thief: Would you rather fight a tanky target that you can actually hit? Or a glass cannon target that hits you 100% of the time and you can’t hit 90% of the time?

Thieves need to be fixed.

in Warrior

Posted by: Jumper.9482

Jumper.9482

Ask your self as a non-thief: Would you rather fight a tanky target that you can actually hit? Or a glass cannon target that hits you 100% of the time and you can’t hit 90% of the time?

The thief that is two-shottable 50~70% of the time is the obvious choice here.

Anyways, to clear some things up:
S/D Shortbow is very niche.
You give up TONS of dueling and diving pressure for a bit more body cleave.
I also ended up usually throwing my 10 points into Mug to help survive against Necros (a more selfish trait choice than taking Thrill) while offering a bit of much needed poison for other classes/downed bodies.
One important thing to note is the abundance of protection that goes onto downed bodies. 33% reduction in healing? Well, I think I’d rather take away his 33% mitigation and give it to myself, instead. Not to mention I’m not killing myself with retal. So, assuming your team has some other source of poison, it can be even more beneficial to be stealing protection rather than bringing a shortbow.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/Jump-s-Ultimate-PvP-Teef-Wishlist-Jump-Doc/
Winner of Curse’s NA Masters Tournament
twitch.tv/loljumper

in Warrior

Posted by: Lupanic.6502

Lupanic.6502

low damage output and survives very long. Looks balanced to me.

in Warrior

Posted by: ProxyDamage.9826

ProxyDamage.9826

So…. A Thief, playing quite poorly, nearly kills an “unkillable, too op” build, and the only reason he didn’t was because he blew every single chance he had over and over…. and then complains that build is OP?

Oh dear…

°beebeepbeep° My sarcasm detector is going crazy over here. I wonder what might have caused that :/

No, it’s not sarcasm. I used to think he was trolling but, sadly, no. He really IS a terrible player. His PvP warrior build till recently was hammer and dual axes. Don’t take him seriously… Take it as random comedy. That’s what I do.

in Warrior

Posted by: Steelo.4597

Steelo.4597

i fear we will look back to this day and remember the good old wvw as it is now – Jan 2015

in Warrior

Posted by: The Primary.6371

The Primary.6371

Towards the title of this thread, it’s total stupidity to even call this over powered when the thief, guard and engi still hasn’t even been buffed to the degree the warrior, ranger, necro and condition thief/mesmer has been. The mesmer still requires more tweaks but I don’t need to elaborate. But a good engi, ranger, mesmer, necro or maybe guard could beat this war or stale mate the duel, even when not buffed so what does that say. The warrior class needed these tweaks to be competitive. To call for a nerf that if successfully heard, would mean the notion “free kill” for the war.

But on side note, the spec used by the warrior clearly and effectively exploited the weaknesses of jumpers spec and destroyed him. The thief managed to get the war down to 25% hp but continued pressure when it’s condition removal is on cooldown thus allowing the consistent dps from conditions to eat away at him. Since jumpers spec is not designed to take any kind of dps constantly, he dies in the end, how is that op from the warriors stand point?

I would call for a need to buff thieves for build variety instead of a nerf to warriors. But then again I have seen very strong condition builds out there for the thief that could beat this war as well. In conclusion, condition meta ftw.

(edited by The Primary.6371)

in Warrior

Posted by: Steelo.4597

Steelo.4597

the warrior is terrible (not a single combo landed with bow) and you dont use poison against this build because it will just get converted into more regen and is only 33% anyways, you use hard CC to break the healing signet and try to drain him from adrenaline so his adrenal health doesnt pump healing aswell. also the banners dont have 100% uptime. aswell you could have killed him if you didnt headless chicken mode, he was at 10% and your life was full, you should just have pressed him there.

i fear we will look back to this day and remember the good old wvw as it is now – Jan 2015

in Warrior

Posted by: Sizzle Hint.1820

Sizzle Hint.1820

Honestly, either of those are better options that Spider Venom, and, in fact, my build happens to run them both.

But SB is tossed aside cuz S/D S/D is apparently better (even Jumper admitted that he needed SB in his own build), and Serpent’s Touch is a part of DA that for some reason most people won’t even touch nowadays.

S/D S/D has a few advantages over S/D SB, while S/D SB also has a few advantages over S/D S/D.

S/D S/D generates more initiative + dodges than S/D SB while ofc you gain the shortbow if you dont run double S/D. (there is more stuff that you gain by deciding for one of these that the other doesnt have but i dont really want to write a book here)

And yes i know ur build because i run 10 / 0 / 0 / 30 / 30 too but i run it with S/D S/D.

And Shortbow against this kind of build? Thats an awful idea, while poison might be helpful he runs warhorn which means he can cleanse it easily, and thats pretty much the only thing you can do nshortbow, ur cluster hit like kitten (if you manage to hit them) and AA does no damage at all. If you swap to bow you will not be doing any damage for 9 seconds so its dumb to switch. His passive regen will outheal all ur shortbow damage easily (even if you perma poison him im pretty sure) Rather spec 5 into DA to have poison on steal + stay on S/D

(edited by Sizzle Hint.1820)

in Warrior

Posted by: silentnight warrior.2714

silentnight warrior.2714

look how OP their heal/condition with 3.4k Armor . almost can heal 1.2k HP/ sec with inspiring banner trait

Thats funny because most of the time you have more health than that warrior and you are not build tanky…

It looks insted that Thief is OP.

in Warrior

Posted by: Guyver.1426

Guyver.1426

Your meaning of “not OP” or balance is, all warriors should be defeated by you?
Thief (you) lose = warrior is OP
thief (you) win = BALANCE

(edited by Guyver.1426)

in Warrior

Posted by: Yaki.9563

Yaki.9563

Apparently the definition of OP is that you can beat a thief. God forbid a thief not beat every single class. Also, LOL @ calling a super low damage build (can damage get any lower?) “high damage”.

in Warrior

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

Saw title of the thread couldn’t resist saw it was a duel the lul’z.

Its DUEL!! The game isn’t designed around 1v1’s how is this even meta? Is this some dueling meta I am unaware of? So its a meta build within a player created meta-game because that is what duels are.

Anyway the s/d is high pressure not burst you probably would have done more damage if you had D/D.

Also how is this Meta again? People just throwing around the buzzwords “Meta” “OP” if something is good it gets called “OP” as a compliment but then you can still use “OP” for overpowered as in bad.

I don’t even know anymore….

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

in Warrior

Posted by: EvilSardine.9635

EvilSardine.9635

BWAHAHA. All the thief did was spam number 3 and the thief was at higher health than the warrior most of the time and the thief wasn’t even using stealth.

This makes the thief look OP.

PS. Love the “but it’s unfair” comment you said when you lost. Cry baby.

in Warrior

Posted by: Fade.9124

Fade.9124

I LOVE IT!! Thieves complaining warriors are no longer free kills!! Just curious did you ever say ‘warriors too easy to kill’ when warriors were garbage and you killed them at will?

in Warrior

Posted by: Excalibur.9748

Excalibur.9748

Didn’t watch video but the recurring theme is if you beat a warrior, then “look warrior is not OP you beat him” and if you lose then “L2P noob. adapt.”

All is vain.

in Warrior

Posted by: Oozo.7856

Oozo.7856

Good thieves can still be close fights or losses with the Condi/Regen build. Bad thieves get absolutely destroyed by it.

And, there are a lot of bad thieves out there who have been carried by their class.

[Anonymous Defender] on Youtube
Solo & Roaming Group WvW Movies

in Warrior

Posted by: Crovax.7854

Crovax.7854

Didn’t watch video but the recurring theme is if you beat a warrior, then “look warrior is not OP you beat him” and if you lose then “L2P noob. adapt.”

Hey Fenrir, do you still have the compilation of all the quotes from this guy with which
he embarrassed himself. You know, just so the people here can decide for themselves
wether to listen to certain individuals or not.

in Warrior

Excalibur.9748

Hey Fenrir, do you still have the compilation of all the quotes from this guy with which
he embarrassed himself. You know, just so the people here can decide for themselves

That’s called trolling bro, which got his topic closed the first time.

Besides, my posting history has nothing to do with this. Especially since I didn’t do anything wrong.

All is vain.

in Warrior

Oozo.7856

If you watched the video, you would see that this guy is complaining about dying to an “unkillable” warrior that he actually had at 10% health.

What a joke.

in Warrior

Posted by: Mek.2947

Mek.2947

I’ve always wanted to respond with a haiku so here I go!

Warriors are OP
Dodging more effectively
Huge animation

in Warrior

Crovax.7854

Besides, my posting history has nothing to do with this. Especially since I didn’t do anything wrong.

As i said, it serves to show people your opinion on that matter bro
I remember a particular one where you stated that thief should always
come out on top against warriors for whatever reason. Another one where you claimed to win against warriors almost always and another one where you admitted that you are a mediocre player. So what does that tell us?

Warriors are OP
Dodging more effectively
Huge animation

bravo. +1 from me

in Warrior

Posted by: Dand.8231

Dand.8231

look how fast I can press 1-1-1-1-1-3-3-3-3-1-1-1-1-3-3-3-3-1-1-1-3-3-3-3-1-1-1-1-1-1-3-3-3-3-3….. aw I lost. WARS OP!

Fixed.

in Warrior

Posted by: Celtus.8456

Celtus.8456

Argue all you want, warrior is the latest to join the passive/spam-to win professions. Can easily play warrior now without using anything except 1-5, F1 and dodge. (Yes you can still play your warrior without this style, and yes it may not translate to ‘top’ tier pvp winning, but the point remains).

Josre
Zulu Ox Tactics [zulu]

in Warrior

Excalibur.9748

As i said, it serves to show people your opinion on that matter bro
I remember a particular one where you stated that thief should always
come out on top against warriors for whatever reason. Another one where you claimed to win against warriors almost always and another one where you admitted that you are a mediocre player. So what does that tell us?

Warriors are OP
Dodging more effectively
Huge animation

bravo. +1 from me

I’ve explained that a couple of times. I used to spam flanking strike, possibly like Coloxeus but I’ve moved on from that. Besides I run 30/30/5/5/0 which means it is NOT possible to spam it. At the time, spamming it worked relatively well anyways but I no longer spam it. There is nothing wrong with spamming if it works well…which it doesn’t anymore. So how does that make me a bad player?

Also like I explained a few times already but warrior is good/OP at everything, and thief is ONLY good at roaming so reason stands that thief should be better at roaming….maybe NOT win everytime but at least 90%+ of the time.

All is vain.

in Warrior

Crovax.7854

Argue all you want, warrior is the latest to join the passive/spam-to win professions. Can easily play warrior now without using anything except 1-5, F1 and dodge. (Yes you can still play your warrior without this style, and yes it may not translate to ‘top’ tier pvp winning, but the point remains).

The only thing passive is the heal. Maybe 4sec regen on movement impairs every
10secs but that’s it if i recall correctly. Besides, what are you doing against conditions
with only 1-5? Cleansing ire? Good luck landing a burst with every other profession
taking a dump of conditions on your head.

in Warrior

Posted by: Celtus.8456

Celtus.8456

10secs but that’s it if i recall correctly. Besides, what are you doing against conditions
with only 1-5? Cleansing ire? Good luck landing a burst with every other profession

Regen, passive perma swiftness, cleansing ire condition clearing every 8-10 secs while doing massive spike damage from bursts (other professions usually need to stop/slow dpsing to clear conditions…), etc. Every update recently has been a power creep for warriors (and a couple other professions, while everyone else sinks).

Josre
Zulu Ox Tactics [zulu]

in Warrior

Crovax.7854

Also like I explained a few times already but warrior is good/OP at everything, and thief is ONLY good at roaming so reason stands that thief should be better at roaming….maybe NOT win everytime but at least 90%+ of the time.

Oh come on. You have to be trolling. Where is warrior op? Wvw? That’s a team activity,
the warrior has subpar support. Solo Roaming? Your pseudo duelling in open zones is not pvp and as such not handled like pvp balance wise.
Pve. Yes, the warrior can dish out a lot of damage in dungeons and tag a lot of mobs
in the open world. OP? That’s non of your concern since you don’t have to compete with them. Don’t want a group of elitists? gw2lfg.com there you go, also cofp1
has been nerfed.
spvp? Guards are better bunkers, sustain without this build is laughable
and so is damage since the only damaging ability is 1hblades and you needto eat the whole thing. It’s only good in 1v1 since in a group fight stunning only 1 person (4secs) as opposed to, say, 3 (secs each) with earthshaker is stupid, and everybody with at least one working eye and half a brain can see that one coming.

Bottom line: CC is good, especially in 1v1. stop QQing about something the games is
not designed around (duelling).

Regen, passive perma swiftness, cleansing ire condition clearing every 8-10 secs while doing massive spike damage from bursts (other professions usually need to stop/slow dpsing to clear conditions…), etc. Every update recently has been a power creep for warriors (and a couple other professions, while everyone else sinks).

Haha yeah, it’s not as if conditions are easily reapplied amirite?!
The counter to this build are conditions, survive zerk stance and you are good to go.
Warriors movement options are laughable.

(edited by Crovax.7854)

in Warrior

Posted by: Coloxeus.3480

Coloxeus.3480

look how fast I can press 1-1-1-1-1-3-3-3-3-1-1-1-1-3-3-3-3-1-1-1-3-3-3-3-1-1-1-1-1-1-3-3-3-3-3….. aw I lost. WARS OP!

Fixed.

hey lol i didn’t post anything like that before… u edited it

in Warrior

Posted by: Sil.4560

Sil.4560

If anything, this video proves that warrior needs to be buffed to deal with absurd gimmicks like evade spam.

in Warrior

Posted by: Dand.8231

Dand.8231

Fixed.

hey lol i didn’t post anything like that before… u edited it

But… That… Ok, I’ll explain.

Fixed. = I humorously and intentionally edited your quoted post, using satire to express from my perspective, why I feel your argument is faulty.

I’m saying you lost cause you played poorly (spammed 1 and 3), got upset by said outcome, and instead of trying to improve your play, you blamed game mechanics.

But I did it in a way that was both insulting and humorous. It’s what we call a win/win

in Warrior

Posted by: katniss.6735

katniss.6735

This was in spvp forum. I don’t actually care about warrior regen.

Server: Maguuma – Leafy Lass – Elementalist (WvW)
Guild: Bill Murray [Bill]/ [DERP]
twitch.tv/mlgw2

in Warrior

Posted by: Coloxeus.3480

Coloxeus.3480

our rematch held in our guild’s private server room for better and smooth movements

in Warrior

Posted by: Pyroatheist.9031

Pyroatheist.9031

…you’re both bad players running stupid builds, especially yours. Why is this news?

in Warrior

Posted by: dani.1956

dani.1956

…you’re both bad players running stupid builds, especially yours. Why is this news?

+1 ! Thief is bad

in Warrior

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

Ohgod…

Fights Unkillable Warrior whose only defense is healing.

Doesn’t use Poison.

Learn to play please…

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

in Warrior

Posted by: Fenrir.5493

Fenrir.5493

Ohgod…

Doesn’t use Poison.

Learn to play please…

What is more ironic is the fact that thief playstyle is just so wrong and is clearly showed in this video, what with that evasion and dodges spam?, and he even dares to say the warriors is OP when we all saw what we saw, the warrior was not a good player either but i can say for sure that warriors build was far more complicated to play than the thief spam fest, if anything we are seeing the thief broken mechanics.

“We also realize that we can make mistakes but we dont care because I HAVE THE POWAAA!!”

in Warrior

Posted by: EvilSardine.9635

EvilSardine.9635

our rematch held in our guild’s private server room for better and smooth movements

After an extremely long fight you beat him by spamming evades and 3333333. Are you still saying he’s OP?

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

Ohgod…

Doesn’t use Poison.

Learn to play please…

What is more ironic is the fact that thief playstyle is just so wrong and is clearly showed in this video, what with that evasion and dodges spam?, and he even dares to say the warriors is OP when we all saw what we saw, the warrior was not a good player either but i can say for sure that warriors build was far more complicated to play than the thief spam fest, if anything we are seeing the thief broken mechanics.

He would of won if he uses Spider Venom into of Troll for Initiative to make the fight last longer then it should of been, the reason it lasted so long is because hes in a mostly troll build and isn’t using half of what he could to make the fight shorter, even though his enemy can’t even hurt him all that much.

in Warrior

Posted by: alamore.1974

alamore.1974

Another theif making another tread aout how they cant kill wars so easy any more. You know how i deal with ANY build that uses high regen( on my rouge) VENOMS. You have acces to poisin use it. These build rely on regen to stay alive. Without it they r dead in seconds.

Im tired of all the bi***ing l2p. wars r still easy to counter and kill. All thats happend is newb rouges that are use to killing anything cant any more, that just a skill problem. I consider myself a kittenty rouge but i still kill wars easy.
L2p simple as that. You want tips on how wars play message me ingame on water marks.

in Warrior

Oozo.7856

It looks like the OP’s ego was taking too much of a hit for being called a bad player for losing to the “OP and UNKILLABLE” warrior build that he had to post a movie beating the “OP and UNKILLABLE” warrior build just to show everyone that he isn’t bad.

But, don’t worry because the build is still “OP and UNKILLABLE” because a super-skilled thief like the OP shouldn’t be having to put this much effort into killing it.

Heh, people.

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

It looks like the OP’s ego was taking too much of a hit for being called a bad player for losing to the “OP and UNKILLABLE” warrior build that he had to post a movie beating the “OP and UNKILLABLE” warrior build just to show everyone that he isn’t bad.

But, don’t worry because the build is still “OP and UNKILLABLE” because a super-skilled thief like the OP shouldn’t be having to put this much effort into killing it.

Heh, people.

He didn’t even use venoms… so I think that OP AND UNKILLABLE Warrior actually needs BUFFS

in Warrior

Posted by: Gathslan.1870

Gathslan.1870

Heh, people.

+1

Yeah pretty much spot on. ; p

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

I like how he won without using poison,

in Warrior

Posted by: Fade.9124

Fade.9124

I know everyone is enamored with jumper’s build but ever heard of the shortbow aka the thief’s best weapon for kiting and doing good damage at the same time?

in Warrior

XII.9401

Woot! Moved to the warrior forums where all things come to die.