[merged] Warrior's New Meta Unkillable Rematch

in Warrior

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

Lol this thief.
He finally runs into something he can’t kill and he’s screaming OP at the top of his lungs.
You’ve given me a good laugh OP.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

in Warrior

Posted by: Coloxeus.3480

Coloxeus.3480

I like how he won without using poison,

i changed trait added 10 deadly arts so i can poison him somehow for 10secs whenever i use steal and Mug trait for additional heals and dmg.

in Warrior

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

i changed trait added 10 deadly arts so i can poison him somehow for 10secs whenever i use steal and Mug trait for additional heals and dmg.

Use Spider Venom instead of Troll for Initiative.

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

in Warrior

Coloxeus.3480

Hhmmm Spider Venom 45secs cooldown? i can only apply poison single condition which he can remove it easily so my 45secs cooldown utility wasted, im fine with 10secs poison from 5 deadly arts trait and look how many times this Troll of initiative saves me from 4secs immobilize/stun and also brings back my whole initiative

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

Hhmmm Spider Venom 45secs cooldown? i can only apply poison single condition which he can remove it easily so my 45secs cooldown utility wasted, im fine with 10secs poison from 5 deadly arts trait and look how many times this Troll of initiative saves me from 4secs immobilize/stun and also brings back my whole initiative

Spider Venom can be applied 5 times for 6 or more seconds, so you use a powerful attack, then another then another, I use it when I got for my sword’s 3 chain then Flanking-Lac strike a little bit and time my attacks. It really screws up healing signet.

You can also steal a warrior’s whirling axe, then shortbow ‘4’ and then whirl into that to poison the warrior for a very long time.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Whirling_Axe_

in Warrior

Posted by: Alkaholic.3875

Alkaholic.3875

This condi war is op but a thief in evade 75% of the time is not?

in Warrior

Posted by: JETWING.2759

JETWING.2759

look how OP their heal/condition with 3.4k Armor . almost can heal 1.2k HP/ sec with inspiring banner trait

Ridiculous

The “ridiculous” ins’t the video (i like it), but the insane damage and sustain of Thief with sword.
That semi-bunker warrior dealing poor raw and condition dmg, while the thief deals 5000+ with stole whirling axe (2x – 3x the actual dmg of warrior with this skills).

This vídeo reforces that warrior still needing huge buff, especially with weapon skills (that sword for example) to pair or nearly pair with that Thief

in Warrior

Posted by: Red Falcon.8257

Red Falcon.8257

>S/D thief spamming FS
>sitting into AoEs
>almost never using stolen item
>trying circling in a game with autofacing
>demanding to kill a tank-spec warrior on a zerk build
>wasting dodges randomly

I think I nailed it?

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

Why didn’t he steal, use shortbow ‘4’ and use whirling axe for lots of poison?

in Warrior

Posted by: Setun.4368

Setun.4368

Why didn’t he steal, use shortbow ‘4’ and use whirling axe for lots of poison?

He’s just too pro for that bro. /sarcasm

in Warrior

Posted by: skillionaire.3574

skillionaire.3574

It seems these days alot of thief players are a complete and utter joke. I play a full cleric warrior bunker Relying on power damage (as much as i can stack/buff on) my damage is 0 crit damage so i’m trading burst damage in favour of massive defense and regen. with my weapons and and my skill i can convincingly beat majority of thief builds/players out there. Only infrequently (in wvw) do i meet skilled thief players that give me a real challenge. From all the duels i’ve had I can tell you alot of theif players seem the “hop on to the bandwagon” type as they rarely seem show any sort of intelligent tactics, they just attempt to spam heartseeker and backstab like idiots.

These guys have insane stealth and evades at any part of the fight they can run away with ease. (leaving the match in stalemate) but no they complain because they can’t win. For some logical reason if they don’t win that translates to the enemy player being op.

..coming from a Guardian bunker player and currently enjoying his warrior bunker don’t let these moaners push you around. You don’t want to go back to being zerk warriors only meta.

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

It seems these days alot of thief players are a complete and utter joke. I play a full cleric warrior bunker Relying on power damage (as much as i can stack/buff on) my damage is 0 crit damage so i’m trading burst damage in favour of massive defense and regen. with my weapons and and my skill i can convincingly beat majority of thief builds/players out there. Only infrequently (in wvw) do i meet skilled thief players that give me a real challenge. From all the duels i’ve had I can tell you alot of theif players seem the “hop on to the bandwagon” type as they rarely seem show any sort of intelligent tactics, they just attempt to spam heartseeker and backstab like idiots.

These guys have insane stealth and evades at any part of the fight they can run away with ease. (leaving the match in stalemate) but no they complain because they can’t win. For some logical reason if they don’t win that translates to the enemy player being op.

..coming from a Guardian bunker player and currently enjoying his warrior bunker don’t let these moaners push you around. You don’t want to go back to being zerk warriors only meta.

Unlike Guardian though, your entire build can be killed with poison.

in Warrior

Posted by: Derps.7421

Derps.7421

1. lol
2. You posted a second video of you beating him so if this is a unkillable op warrior build and you just beat it, doesnt that make your thief build OP?

Dr. Professor Evil – Engi
Stunned Girls Can’t Say No <Hawt>

in Warrior

Posted by: The Primary.6371

The Primary.6371

1. lol
2. You posted a second video of you beating him so if this is a unkillable op warrior build and you just beat it, doesnt that make your thief build OP?

Good way to get a spec nerfed eh?

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

Use Poison.
Use Shortbow ‘4’.

Proceed to Win.

in Warrior

Posted by: Redscope.6215

Redscope.6215

OP Troll-built faceroll thief aside, the bunker perma-regen “never press 6 ftw” warrior build needs a nerf.

I predict something like:

• Unsuspecting Foe trait moved from Adept to Master Tier
  • Blademaster trait moved from Master to Adept Tier
  • Adrenal Health moved from Minor in Master Tier to Major in Master Tier
  • Cull the Weak moved from Major in Master Tier to Minor in Master Tier
  • Inspiring Battle Standard changed to provide healing instead of the Regeneration boon
  • Healing Signet base heal reduced; healing stat effectiveness increased. A net loss for non-heal stat builds only

Bottom line is Adrenal Health is too powerful as a minor and Cull the Weak is a pretty “minor” trait…wouldn’t you say? Banners are invincible perma-regen sticks…no build on any class should be able to perma-boon, fix it. And being able to couple 50% increased crit chance with 25% increased damage from hammer attacks with a 30def/30dis build is just OP amounts of damage coming from a high defense, high life, bunker built class.

Healing Signet just needs to be a more cleric-gear oriented skill. Its powerful enough to use as a CC build with zerker amulet/jewel. That’s exactly what they said wasn’t the ideal for the skill…yet after the changes, it’s the EXACT ideal.

Karl was going on a couple weeks ago about how the Warrior can’t bunker as well as a necro or guard. Well guess what man, he’s better than both right now.

in Warrior

Posted by: mini.6018

mini.6018

Spider Venom can be applied 5 times for 6 or more seconds, so you use a powerful attack, then another then another, I use it when I got for my sword’s 3 chain then Flanking-Lac strike a little bit and time my attacks. It really screws up healing signet.

You can also steal a warrior’s whirling axe, then shortbow ‘4’ and then whirl into that to poison the warrior for a very long time.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Whirling_Axe_

Didn’t the warrior had warhorn traited ?

Karl was going on a couple weeks ago about how the Warrior can’t bunker as well as a necro or guard. Well guess what man, he’s better than both right now.

Lol wut O.O?

(edited by mini.6018)

in Warrior

Posted by: Xom.9264

Xom.9264

another example although Caed win . . . cuz hes really good and skillful thief look how he’s doin and pushing thieves ability to the limit and doin so much effort trying twice harder than to this Ranger which hes just sitting in his Spirits with his 3k armor and insane heals and Condi dmg (burn on hit and protection spirit) and if Caed didn’t kite too much and hiding behind pillars he will probably lose. look how thieves can’t stand to these kind of meta bunker/Condi so tell if this is balance?

How does that show more skill on the thiefs part? Because he moves around more due to class mechanics and skills that port him all about?

You’re bias is showing, just because thiefs animations after using a skill looks cool does not = more skilled.

The first video posted shows the same thing you evading all about thinking your a skilled player due to cheap class mechanics.

Xomox ~Human Necro/Engineer ET

(edited by Xom.9264)

in Warrior

Posted by: Qoltera.3042

Qoltera.3042

OP: Not to join in the flame war, and nothing personal, but I think he isn’t really that overpowered. Although he is healing for insane amounts, he isn’t really hitting you for anything either. It’s your fault for not being able to burst him down quick enough. If he heals 1k, and you hit 1k average, you shouldn’t be complaining about not being able to kill him. Besides, it’s not overpowered that you have almost infinite dodges and evades?

in Warrior

Posted by: Assassin X.8573

Assassin X.8573

bad thief is bad. bad war is better than bad thief.

this match would be over in a matter of seconds had the thief used poison or bleeding. obviously íf he doesn’t understand the mechanics of the game, then hes not going to understand that this build is not “unkillable”.

i am not impressed with your performance.

Darkhaven Gold Tiger Assassin X [JPGN][Sold][VII]
Videos on Youtube

in Warrior

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

look how OP their heal/condition with 3.4k Armor . almost can heal 1.2k HP/ sec with inspiring banner trait

thief players in a nutshell. minimal skill, huge damage.

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

in Warrior

Posted by: Furiousbeard.7602

Furiousbeard.7602

Nerf thieves again? Is that the purpose of this thread?

FA Soldier of Fortune – Flashypants (20,078 WvW kills) http://m.youtube.com/user/Duppa81
Roamer: 99.99% BLs / 0.01% EB

in Warrior

Posted by: Steelo.4597

Steelo.4597

scratch this post of mine was based on wrong info.

i fear we will look back to this day and remember the good old wvw as it is now – Jan 2015

(edited by Steelo.4597)

in Warrior

Posted by: Zumy.6318

Zumy.6318

Also, no thief using that weapon combination ? Ok sometimes thieves go d/p to brutalize necromancers but sword/dagger still stands as the strongest 1v1 thief build right now. Where have you been all this time when people complained about larcenous strike brokeness like no tomorrow ? Anet even nerfed that freaking thing (same patch that reduced dhum fire from 4 seconds to 2 seconds) and it is still the strongest land weapon skill in the game. If you genuinely think that no thief uses that weapon set you are either trolling or unexperienced. (although i often see shadow refuge used instead of rolling for ini)

And you are either daft or ignorant quite frankly. Nobody uses double Sword/Dagger anymore, neither does anybody use RFI among other things (which makes me wonder where you have been all this time).

So let’s summarize:

- He’s using a 0/30/0/30/10 build (So no Mug and no Serpent’s Touch) on top of the lower damage output of the build compared to the 10/30/0/30/0 build. Mug, Serpents Touch and Pain Response would have made a huge difference in this fight.

- He’s using double S/D, which nobody runs with anymore and never was a good idea to begin with (though one could argue it was viable before the Infiltrator’s Strike "nerf)

- He’s not using Pain Response, which practically 90% of the S/D thieves use since the necromancer changes and which would have come quite handy here as well

- He’s using RFI, Infiltrator’s and Agility. Most thieves will either run with Shadowstep, Refuge (or both) and the Assassin’s Signet (and Infiltrator’s Signet, if they don’t run with Shadowstep for the stun break), as that’s the most effective set of utilities

- He’s using Energy sigils, when 95% of the S/D builds out there are either using Fire or Air for the extra punch

So basically out of 7 traits that the meta 10/30/0/30/0 build you mentioned uses, he’s running 5 and not even the same trait or stat distribution (and I am being generous, because most S/D thieves have also dropped Signet Use by now).

Out of 2 preferred weapon sets, he’s only using one that we see in a S/D build nowadays and out of the 3 preferred utilities, he’s also only using 1. Furthermore he’s using different sigils.

It’s a completely different build basically.

Your eyes are more keen than mine
I thought the “not seen playing that weapon set” came from a non-thief player who was surprised about the sword/dagger combination, not from a thief player who already analized the build better than i did.

He is probably one of the best players of this game. He just isn’t such a big attentionseeker as all those streamlings and WvW-Intigos, that shine by killing baddies and posting videos of it.

Thief | Zumy [Buka]
Legendary counter: Twilight, Bolt, Incinerator, Incinerator Nr. 2, Meteorlogicus, The Dreamer

in Warrior

Posted by: silentnight warrior.2714

silentnight warrior.2714

I was on the thief forum and the OP created a tread like this there. With the exception of OP, thiefes dont see this warrior build to be hard to beat.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/thief/Fighting-Condi-Bunker-Banner-Warrior

in Warrior

Posted by: Burnfall.9573

Burnfall.9573

Also, no thief using that weapon combination ? Ok sometimes thieves go d/p to brutalize necromancers but sword/dagger still stands as the strongest 1v1 thief build right now. Where have you been all this time when people complained about larcenous strike brokeness like no tomorrow ? Anet even nerfed that freaking thing (same patch that reduced dhum fire from 4 seconds to 2 seconds) and it is still the strongest land weapon skill in the game. If you genuinely think that no thief uses that weapon set you are either trolling or unexperienced. (although i often see shadow refuge used instead of rolling for ini)

And you are either daft or ignorant quite frankly. Nobody uses double Sword/Dagger anymore, neither does anybody use RFI among other things (which makes me wonder where you have been all this time).

So let’s summarize:

- He’s using a 0/30/0/30/10 build (So no Mug and no Serpent’s Touch) on top of the lower damage output of the build compared to the 10/30/0/30/0 build. Mug, Serpents Touch and Pain Response would have made a huge difference in this fight.

- He’s using double S/D, which nobody runs with anymore and never was a good idea to begin with (though one could argue it was viable before the Infiltrator’s Strike "nerf)

- He’s not using Pain Response, which practically 90% of the S/D thieves use since the necromancer changes and which would have come quite handy here as well

- He’s using RFI, Infiltrator’s and Agility. Most thieves will either run with Shadowstep, Refuge (or both) and the Assassin’s Signet (and Infiltrator’s Signet, if they don’t run with Shadowstep for the stun break), as that’s the most effective set of utilities

- He’s using Energy sigils, when 95% of the S/D builds out there are either using Fire or Air for the extra punch

So basically out of 7 traits that the meta 10/30/0/30/0 build you mentioned uses, he’s running 5 and not even the same trait or stat distribution (and I am being generous, because most S/D thieves have also dropped Signet Use by now).

Out of 2 preferred weapon sets, he’s only using one that we see in a S/D build nowadays and out of the 3 preferred utilities, he’s also only using 1. Furthermore he’s using different sigils.

It’s a completely different build basically.

Your eyes are more keen than mine
I thought the “not seen playing that weapon set” came from a non-thief player who was surprised about the sword/dagger combination, not from a thief player who already analized the build better than i did.

He is probably one of the best players of this game. He just isn’t such a big attentionseeker as all those streamlings and WvW-Intigos, that shine by killing baddies and posting videos of it.

Beautifuly Well Said.

And He Deserves Respect and Honor.

As the saying goes, “The Strength and Power of a Man is Humility”

Advocate of Justice, Liberty and Truth

(edited by Burnfall.9573)

in Warrior

Posted by: vrilek.4038

vrilek.4038

Conclusion → every thief here is better. But mostly in hating on this forum. Make yourself a video fighting decent warrior/condi build and prove your epicness.

in Warrior

Posted by: Senjun.8149

Senjun.8149

healing signet can afford a nerf and wars will still be on top of their game. If you reduce the heal by 20% it will have a balancing effect moreso than a nerf.

in Warrior

Posted by: EvilSardine.9635

EvilSardine.9635

healing signet can afford a nerf and wars will still be on top of their game. If you reduce the heal by 20% it will have a balancing effect moreso than a nerf.

So that the warrior in the video can lose even harder to an OP joke of a class thief that deals massive damage but has huge sustain because of all the evades (and stealth if it was even used)?

You’re funny.

in Warrior

Posted by: redslion.9675

redslion.9675

healing signet can afford a nerf and wars will still be on top of their game.

Which game?

Skyrim?
Dragon Age?
Neverwinter Nights?
Baldur’s Gate?
World of Warcraft?

You will never be able to know what an engineer is going to do next…

because he doesn’t know it himself

in Warrior

Posted by: Excalibur.9748

Excalibur.9748

So that the warrior in the video can lose even harder to an OP joke of a class thief that deals massive damage but has huge sustain because of all the evades (and stealth if it was even used)?

You’re funny.

I see some pitiful damage done by the thief. He was only barely breaking even with warrior sustain. So if the warrior is healing back all that “Massive damage” so that means warrior sustain is “massive” as well?

All is vain.

in Warrior

Posted by: Senjun.8149

Senjun.8149

You’re funny.

I’m not just talking about thieves. Every try fighting warrior using heal signet 1v1 as scepter ele? Impossible to outdamage the heal, you can try to tell me to use any tactic or pull all my tricks but it is a plain impossibility, even on most glass wars and Especially if it’s a mace/gs war.

in Warrior

Coloxeus.3480

so anyone has a video or link can 1v1 any decent warrior with 1k heal/ sec + 4.1k armor with insane conditions and AOE burn!?? kitten even if he dueled with engineers this warrior just sitting and eating all of that engies elite turret… that warrior can really survive, engies cant even bring his hp down below 40% not even zerker mesmers or shatter mesmers, phantasm mesmers

in Warrior

Coloxeus.3480

You’re funny.

I’m not just talking about thieves. Every try fighting warrior using heal signet 1v1 as scepter ele? Impossible to outdamage the heal, you can try to tell me to use any tactic or pull all my tricks but it is a plain impossibility, even on most glass wars and Especially if it’s a mace/gs war.

with my 1,980 armor and 17k hp when that mace/gs kind of warrior caught me with his mace f1 stun and when my breakstun is on cooldown! i prolly 100% dead! if i didn’t manage to evade his f1 mace