picking a warrior

picking a warrior

in Warrior

Posted by: reecelox.3658

reecelox.3658

HI all so I got the game about 3 days ago and i’v been playing a warrior as my main in most mmo’s I play a warrior but I have had people saying that warrior’s are a noobs class and every 1 plays a warrior and I should pick a better class to play. Have any 1 ales had this when you play your warrior play let me know thanks.

picking a warrior

in Warrior

Posted by: Kako.1930

Kako.1930

Lol, it doesn’t matter which profession you choose, you’ll always hear that it’s a braindead noob profession from people who don’t play it. Don’t let that stop you from playing whatever you want to play. Warriors are great at pretty much everything, and if you don’t enjoy it, you can always try something else.

picking a warrior

in Warrior

Posted by: Amir.1570

Amir.1570

Lol, it doesn’t matter which profession you choose, you’ll always hear that it’s a braindead noob profession from people who don’t play it. Don’t let that stop you from playing whatever you want to play. Warriors are great at pretty much everything, and if you don’t enjoy it, you can always try something else.

Warriors are great at being balanced because they can’t evade while attacking unless you think Reckless Dodge actually deals damage or GS is even any close to viable. They can’t attack or fight back if they are stunned with no stun breaks. And they have very limited amounts of dodges. You could spec for a perma-vigor build like shoutbow but then burst damage destroys you. If they miss their important stuff they get punished for it. Oh and they can’t teleport through vertical range such as ledges and wait out people’s cool downs.

They’re also very rewarding and is one of the professions where you’re better off playing if you’re actually good at the game. The reason being is that their damage is high and that they can play melee carry and tank at the same time if you know how to build it that way.

If you want to be effective for very little effort though, you can go play Guardian, Ranger, Mesmer, and Ele I guess. Even Necro isn’t bad.

picking a warrior

in Warrior

Posted by: Jurica.1742

Jurica.1742

Don’t think about what other people say. Warrior has a lot of room for error, that is true. But a well played warrior is hard to do.
I’d suggest you that you make one of each class, go over to The Mists, take a look at the builds for what ever thing you want to do in the game (be it WvW, PvE or PvP) You can find all the meta builds at http://www.metabattle.com/

Don’t listen to Amir, he got killed by all those classes because he probably isn’t exactly the most skilled individual and is ranting about every one of them due to his lack of knowledge and will to get that knowledge. No class in the game is easy to play, some are easier to pick up, some are harder to pick up. Some are a bit more forgiving and some are a bit less forgiving. It all also depends a lot on your opponents skill level.
Kind of ironic he says mesmer is easy to play because it has high damage but dies to 1 condition or to a few autoattacks and thinks warrior is harder when he himself says that it can have high damage and survivability at the same time.

For example a mesmer is very hard to play well. Against new players that have no clue what they’re doing, mesmer is very easy. But once you get to players that are using their brain a bit and aren’t new to the game, it becomes a lot harder and the more the opponent is skilled, the harder mesmer is to play, currently it is the hardest class in the entire game to play at a high level in PvP. You have to put in a lot more effort to get to that level compared to all other classes. It also depends a lot on your team on how easy it will be to play mesmer.

Something like:
skill level = opponent skill level / 100 – your teams skill level

But anyway, try every class out and play what you find fun!
Welcome to Guild Wars 2 mate!
Have a wonderful rest of your day, happy playing!

J

Pineapples rule

(edited by Jurica.1742)