pvp balanced

pvp balanced

in Warrior

Posted by: Jomo kenyatta.7351

Jomo kenyatta.7351

Its getting to the stage where fighting warriors has become extremely tiresome. Immune to conditions taking 0 dmg shield block stuns mobility, its ruining the game for so many people, ive not spoken to anyone who doesnt think warriors are broken. We cant wait another 3 weeks for this to change.

pvp balanced

in Warrior

Posted by: Writetyper.1985

Writetyper.1985

As a warrior main: you’re not wrong. I actually kinda wish we had before back, I almost prefer flat out sucking in every role to being shoehorned into boring passive builds. I feel like they should have balanced in moderation instead of flat out doubling the healing signet, for example.

Also: According to the leaked notes, barely anything is changing, just para sigil being fixed. We’ll see. At least they’re not overdoing it.

Mortryde/Cold/Thugmentalist Bara
really bad engineer

pvp balanced

in Warrior

Posted by: Alys Florent.1359

Alys Florent.1359

All they need to do is fix sigil of paralyzation to tone down the stun duration of hammer and mace/shield. That’s the only thing that’s actually broken.

If you are getting chain-CC’d by a warrior then you made a mistake, simple as that. Earthshaker’s almost as easy to dodge as Churning Earth for goodness’ sake. Stop trying to fight in melee while they have mace out if you keep getting hit with Skull Crack. It’s far from impossible to survive for the 8 second duration of Berserker Stance.

pvp balanced

in Warrior

Writetyper.1985

All they need to do is fix sigil of paralyzation to tone down the stun duration of hammer and mace/shield. That’s the only thing that’s actually broken.

If you are getting chain-CC’d by a warrior then you made a mistake, simple as that. Earthshaker’s almost as easy to dodge as Churning Earth for goodness’ sake. Stop trying to fight in melee while they have mace out if you keep getting hit with Skull Crack. It’s far from impossible to survive for the 8 second duration of Berserker Stance.

It’s not about dodging any one thing, the uptime and number of the hammer/longbow build’s powerful attacks mean you have a constant stream of different attacks to dodge, and unless you’re abusing energy sigils with permanent vigour, you are literally not going to have enough dodges for it all. The area of control with skills like earthshaker and combustive shot that that particular warrior build is enough to force almost everyone off the point.

really bad engineer

pvp balanced

in Warrior

Posted by: ahuba.6430

ahuba.6430

good suggestion bro, lets kite the immune to conditions warrior and avoid skull crack! he’s still got another 2341234 stuns but atleast we avoided one!

pvp balanced

in Warrior

Posted by: Jomo kenyatta.7351

Jomo kenyatta.7351

thanks for the constructive comments but lets just focus on the actually matter at hand. you cant simply just dodge everything and your going to have to be up close at some point, dont turn this into ‘’oh your just bad if you cant handle it’’ its a serious issue with gameplay lets just be honest.

pvp balanced

in Warrior

Posted by: James Megawatt.9021

James Megawatt.9021

As a bunker, I think the stunlock really is OP. If there is a necro around, and I get stunlocked by a warr, it’s almost certain death. And then you have their immune… And I agree, why do we have to wait weeks/months for this, we need a HOTfix.

(edited by James Megawatt.9021)

pvp balanced

in Warrior

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

Its getting to the stage where fighting warriors has become extremely tiresome. Immune to conditions taking 0 dmg shield block stuns mobility, its ruining the game for so many people, ive not spoken to anyone who doesnt think warriors are broken. We cant wait another 3 weeks for this to change.

8 second immunity.

Survive that long and warrior becomes vulnerable to conditions.

The only reason why Warriors are really good is because it directly counters condition builds. If the meta strays, warriors will be worthless again.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

pvp balanced

in Warrior

Posted by: sorrow.2364

sorrow.2364

inb4 Daecollo noticing the thread and report it to get it moved into the Warrior subforum where you will be able to have a “surely unbiased” discussion with warrior-main players.

pvp balanced

in Warrior

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

8 second immunity.

The only reason why Warriors are really good is because it directly counters condition builds. If the meta strays, warriors will be worthless again.

Nah. It wont.

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

pvp balanced

in Warrior

Posted by: silentnight warrior.2714

silentnight warrior.2714

OK
Lets fix mesmers AI spam and burst (surviability and offense), those are broken.
Lets fix thiefes evades, stealth and burst (surviability and offense), those are broken.
Lets fix all AI Spam across all professions, those are broken.
Lets fix AoE Condition Spam, those are broken.
ANet if you fix the warrior (imo its fine as it is if those issues listed above remain in the game) please fix also all the above.

pvp balanced

in Warrior

Posted by: Scar.1793

Scar.1793

OK
Lets fix mesmers AI spam and burst (surviability and offense), those are broken.
Lets fix thiefes evades, stealth and burst (surviability and offense), those are broken.
Lets fix all AI Spam across all professions, those are broken.
Lets fix AoE Condition Spam, those are broken.
ANet if you fix the warrior (imo its fine as it is if those issues listed above remain in the game) please fix also all the above.

And yet another pathetic crying thread about how OP Beserker Stance is. These forums are full of people not willing to find ways to counter, that’s why whatever Anet will do, they will always be unhappy and spamming the forums over the same things.

pvp balanced

in Warrior

Posted by: James Megawatt.9021

James Megawatt.9021

And yet another pathetic crying thread about how OP Beserker Stance is. These forums are full of people not willing to find ways to counter, that’s why whatever Anet will do, they will always be unhappy and spamming the forums over the same things.

What is the counter against passive heal? Actively react to it?

pvp balanced

in Warrior

Posted by: Alys Florent.1359

Alys Florent.1359

The QQ about warriors in this current meta honestly reminds me so much of people QQing about backstab thieves (even if you avoid the first backstab, they can just go back into stealth again!!!!! nerf stealth!!!).

Tbh I’m not sure why there is such a sudden outcry over warriors now. Warriors lacked sustain before cleansing ire and healing signet buffs, and were basically useless. They got some sustain several months ago, and now suddenly the game is completely broken and we need a hotfix RIGHT NOW?

pvp balanced

in Warrior

Writetyper.1985

Welp, moved to warrior forums.

RIP intelligent discussion. This is Daecollo territory.

really bad engineer

pvp balanced

in Warrior

Posted by: silentnight warrior.2714

silentnight warrior.2714

Well, you got poison.
In the case of Healing Signet a power build is also a good counter. if the warrior tries to use the signet you can interrupt him as any other heal. The downside of HS is the heal being to low. If the warrior manage to use it, he dont have the passive healing the Healing Signet provides for 16-20 seconds.

pvp balanced

in Warrior

Posted by: Scar.1793

Scar.1793

Are you serious ?
Like someone said, poison. But the passive heal isn’t that high, you must be mad.
Look at Elems, they have lots of regen skills. Yet I don’t cry about it.

pvp balanced

in Warrior

Posted by: Excalibur.9748

Excalibur.9748

The QQ about warriors in this current meta honestly reminds me so much of people QQing about backstab thieves (even if you avoid the first backstab, they can just go back into stealth again!!!!! nerf stealth!!!).

Tbh I’m not sure why there is such a sudden outcry over warriors now. Warriors lacked sustain before cleansing ire and healing signet buffs, and were basically useless. They got some sustain several months ago, and now suddenly the game is completely broken and we need a hotfix RIGHT NOW?

QQ about backstab thieves worked though, they were nerfed a lot, repeatedly.

I’m pretty sure there would not be as many QQers if QQing didn’t work because it practically works everytime.

Also the sudden outcry about warrior is probably due to PAX finals where Super of Car Crash demonstrated how good warrior is. The majority can’t actually think for themselves and need someone in a top guild to demonstrate a good build before they start to use it. So right now we got a ton of FotM warriors running around and steam rolling the competition and so it’s easy to see why the QQ is building.

The people who can actually think for themselves, started the warrior QQ more than a month ago. The precise timing is right after the healing signet buff patch.

All is vain.

(edited by Excalibur.9748)

pvp balanced

in Warrior

sorrow.2364

Are you serious ?
Like someone said, poison. But the passive heal isn’t that high, you must be mad.

Elementalist’s regen is nowhere as good as warrior’s regen.

Also, stop with this Poison joke. To let poison really do something against permanent regen, you have to mantain it permanently, which is impossible considering how stupid good are warrior’s condition cleansing.

pvp balanced

in Warrior

runeblade.7514

8 second immunity.

Nah. It wont.

Then why not become more skilled?

pvp balanced

in Warrior

runeblade.7514

Are you serious ?

Also, stop with this Poison joke. To let poison really do something against permanent regen, you have to mantain it permanently, which is impossible considering how stupid good are warrior’s condition cleansing.

Warrior’s regen is slightly better because it is a HEALING skill. Elementalist regen is in a Weapon skill, and traits.

Elementalist’s burst heal is BETTER than the warrior’s burst heal on healing signet.

pvp balanced

in Warrior

Posted by: Xhean.3452

Xhean.3452

Personally I play Sword/Sword – Longbow conditions and loving it, and I absolutely hate playing the typical skullcrack perma stun builds.

As a warrior main: you’re not wrong. I actually kinda wish we had before back, I almost prefer flat out sucking in every role to being shoehorned into boring passive builds. I feel like they should have balanced in moderation instead of flat out doubling the healing signet, for example.

Also: According to the leaked notes, barely anything is changing, just para sigil being fixed. We’ll see. At least they’re not overdoing it.

Well, it’s okey for others to whine about a class but if you play it yourself and think it’s too good and it’s more fun to play a more active and not facerolling class/build how about you just random pick your traits/weapon and utilities and go for it. No one is forcing you to play like most others who like to be the best they can.

Are you serious ?

It’s not a joke, have you seen the poison uptime of a scepter necro or dagger thief? Doesn’t matter if you could cleanse every 3 secs

pvp balanced

in Warrior

Posted by: MIrra.3604

MIrra.3604

Are you serious ?

Warrior’s regen is slightly better because it is a HEALING skill. Elementalist regen is in a Weapon skill, and traits.

Elementalist’s burst heal is BETTER than the warrior’s burst heal on healing signet.

To be accurate, Warrior healing signet is a lot better than Ele’s Signet of Restoration…in terms of heal per sec, activation, and cooldown.

pvp balanced

in Warrior

sorrow.2364

It’s not a joke, have you seen the poison uptime of a scepter necro or dagger thief? Doesn’t matter if you could cleanse every 3 secs

Yeah, because scepter necros and dagger thieves spend all of their time autoattacking, because it is the only way to have a decent poison uptime.

pvp balanced

in Warrior

Posted by: Seed.5467

Seed.5467

Its getting to the stage where fighting warriors has become extremely tiresome.

I think Conan the Barbarian said it best : "“To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women.”

Warrior works as intended. Just because the warrior got a bit of the needed sustain does not make him OP.

Immune to conditions

You are overreacting now. We are not immune to conditions. We just got a bit of the needed sustain, to cope with other classes. Berserker Stance :“Gain adrenaline for a short time. Condition duration on you is greatly reduced. "That means 8sec on 60sec cool-down.

taking 0 dmg

Since when Endure-Pain became OP? “Take no damage from attacks. You are still susceptible to conditions and crowd control effects.” That is 4sec on 60sec Cool-down.

shield block stuns mobility,its ruining the game for so many people,

Seriously ? 3sec Block on 30sec cool-down followed by telegraphed skills that you can avoid ruins the game for everyone ?

Regards

Seed

pvp balanced

in Warrior

Posted by: Manijin.3428

Manijin.3428

If a warrior pops defensive stance, that 3 seconds where he isn’t attacking. Take the bonus cooldown time on your abilities and wait him out.

If you have decent condition application, he’s likely taking condi damage during this time.

Berserker’s Stance isn’t condition immunity, it’s duration reduction, which means that specc’ing for extra condition duration will allow you to deal damage through the stance. Plan ahead for this.

Invulnerability to normal damage still leaves the warrior susceptible to conditions and CC. This is the time to stun and kite him, as he likely doesn’t have much left in the way of stun breaks by this point.

Warriors typically bait stun breaks using mace 3 and shield 4 before popping Skull Crack. Watch for the baits, and only break the big stun, or dodge out of it if you have the energy. A quick weapon swap should give you what you need if you’re rocking Sigil of Energy (and you probably should be in the current state of the game).

If you can’t out-damage Healing Signet, you need to focus more damage on the warrior, either by getting another player, or by increasing your own damage dealing potential. Thieves and Elementalists can both do surprisingly well against warrior with their good mobility, evasion, and burst damage.

Oh, and Healing Signet is better than Signet of Restoration, but Signet of Restoration can be traited to be WAY better.

pvp balanced

in Warrior

Posted by: Zorgog.3908

Zorgog.3908

I’ve been trying to find the “solution” to fighting warriors and I’ve noticed that, at least for me, it’s the massive regen I have problems with rather than the stunlock. Against the stunlock rotation, if I’m on a light armored character and I mess up once, then I’m dead…and I feel like this is the way it should be for the most part and this is also something that will be easier countered once the para sigil is fixed. When I’m rolling on most medium armored characters, I find it a bit easier.

The best success I’ve had against warriors in general so far has been on my burst engineer (static discharge with lots of vuln stacking). The CC and huge ammounts of vuln and ability to kite if I wanted to melt most warriors in short order. A nice thing about my SD burst is I don’t have to worry about where the camera is to get it off. I’m sure there are other, more condi based builds that do better (as long as they can dish out condis as fast as the war can get rid of them), but I’m sick of condis and don’t play any condi build anymore if I can help it lol.

PvP only
Team GASM

pvp balanced

in Warrior

Posted by: TheLazyOne.8509

TheLazyOne.8509

Personally I wouldn’t mind if Anet lowered the base heal on signet and increased the healing power ratio instead.

pvp balanced

in Warrior

Posted by: Xhean.3452

Xhean.3452

Yeah, because scepter necros and dagger thieves spend all of their time autoattacking, because it is the only way to have a decent poison uptime.

I don’t know about the rest of the necros but I’ve pretty much turned to only autoattacking on my necro since EVERYTHING dies anyway. Ofc with the occasional epidemic when the entire team happen to be at one location