replace thick skin with turtle's defense

in Warrior

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

hello, fellow warriors!

so i heard that we want thick skin gone, or replaced etc …
what if …

we replace
Thick Skin
“Gain extra armor while your health is above the threshold.”
Health threshold: 90%
Toughness: +100

with
Turtle’s Defense
“Gain +200 toughness when crippled, chilled, stunned, or immobilized.”

so …
discuss!

in Warrior

Posted by: Brawl.5178

Brawl.5178

what if instead of 200 toughness it was cannot be critically hit. cripple chill and immobilize are the biggest warrior killers so offering some counter play could make sense. just an idea.

I are a warrioh

in Warrior

Posted by: Kagamiku.9731

Kagamiku.9731

what if instead of 200 toughness it was cannot be critically hit. cripple chill and immobilize are the biggest warrior killers so offering some counter play could make sense. just an idea.

That would be too strong. It would make it so no one could apply chill/cripple/immobilize on you because it would make you unkillable. There is a lot of zerkers in pvp these days and a zerger that cant crit does the same damage as someone in soldiers gear without any of the survivability. A skill like that might have room as a grandmaster trait. I know I’d take that over endure pain.

Thick Skin is borderline worthless but it’s only an adept level minor trait. Changing Thick skin to Turtle Defense sounds like a good idea.

(edited by Kagamiku.9731)

in Warrior

Posted by: OwikGall.1607

OwikGall.1607

Honestly, I prefer Thick Skin for my tank build. In comparison it’s less situational, especially when I can pop healing shouts to keep myself within the threshold. Plus, I’m always getting rid of condis, so this will conflict with my strategy.

in Warrior

Posted by: BlackTruth.6813

BlackTruth.6813

hello, fellow warriors!

so i heard that we want thick skin gone, or replaced etc …
what if …

we replace
Thick Skin
“Gain extra armor while your health is above the threshold.”
Health threshold: 90%
Toughness: +100

with
Turtle’s Defense
“Gain +200 toughness when crippled, chilled, stunned, or immobilized.”

so …
discuss!

That’s what I’ve been saying tbh. 200 toughness is something and it isn’t really broken when you’re chilled. It’s only going to mitigate decimals of a second from dying I suppose.

twitch.tv/blacktruth009
Schwahrheit, #1 Fuhrer NA, Just your everyday typical rager

in Warrior

Posted by: Brawl.5178

Brawl.5178

That would be too strong. It would make it so no one could apply chill/cripple/immobilize on you because it would make you unkillable. There is a lot of zerkers in pvp these days and a zerger that cant crit does the same damage as someone in soldiers gear without any of the survivability. A skill like that might have room as a grandmaster trait. I know I’d take that over endure pain.

Thick Skin is borderline worthless but it’s only an adept level minor trait. Changing Thick skin to Turtle Defense sounds like a good idea.

i see your point on it. I think I felt most control durations are quite short so it wouldnt be that powerful and since most targets get out of range at that point we cant hit them.

Turtles defense is so much better than thick skin although. Somehow I don’t see it actually happening, at the very least im hoping for a change to thick skin. maybe that should be changed to cannot be crit while over 90% lol. we all know that once an ele with diamond skin gets below 90% they just melt.
Just out of curiosity what does 100 toughness convert to in armor points?

I are a warrioh

in Warrior

Posted by: Kagamiku.9731

Kagamiku.9731

100 toughness = 100 armor.

Armor is the combined total of your item defense and your toughness.