in Warrior

Posted by: SenthRawr.7843

SenthRawr.7843

True internet warrior

thoughts for my build

in Warrior

Posted by: Warlord.9074

Warlord.9074

No defense tree. 1 stunbreak and its endure pain. Daredevil runes terrible. Soldiers Amulet terrible. so it’s bad.

“Just press 2 to win all the dps was us cuz we’re a
warrior and we’re the best class” Eugene

thoughts for my build

in Warrior

Posted by: Choppy.4183

Choppy.4183

Were you trying to do something in particular with the build? If so, let us know and maybe we can make some suggestions to improve it.

One thing that immediately jumped out is you’ve selected the Peak Performance trait but you don’t have any physical skills. You may as well take Restorative Strength so you can at least get some benefit if you activate Healing Signet at any point.

Otherwise, I think you’d get more benefit out of the Defense Tree than the defensive traits in Berserker are giving you, I imagine you’re hoping the benefits of the Berserker state (like the bursts) offset that… maybe, but I personally don’t think so.

Daredevil runes are doing nothing for you, especially because you have an Intelligence sigil on your axe set. The paralyzation sigil isn’t optimal either, so keep experimenting with different ones to see what you like there.

The primary issue with the build is that you’re taking what’s normally a high damage build, but not committing to the burst by using a defensive amulet. This means your burst isn’t strong enough to kill enemies quickly because of your amulet, and the build lacks the sustain/defense to outlast your opponent.

If you like the weapon set but feel too vulnerable taking the more aggressive usual amulet choice, swap your soldier’s amulet for knights and swap the Berserker line for Defense. Then choose Shield Master, either Armored Attack or Defy Pain (see what works for you), and either Last Stand or Cleansing Ire (again, see what suits you best). Then use Hoelbrak runes to improve your offense via might and your defense against condis.

As you get more comfortable with the build, try swapping out some of the defense for offense to put enemies down faster while staying on your feet. First thing would be to trade the Knight’s Amulet for Berserker or Marauder (and be sure to drop Armored Attack for Defy Pain, if you were using AA with Knight’s), then see if you can swap the Hoelbrak Runes for Strength.

I’m Biff Rangoon, and I approved this message.
Ehmry Bay | Omg Brb Icecream Truck (ICEE)

(edited by Choppy.4183)

thoughts for my build

in Warrior

Posted by: Interpret Interrupt.3824

Interpret Interrupt.3824

I have been toying with a build that could use daredevil runes to get crits while maintaining the health/toughness. I think it would work better with a valkarie amulet. I would have to crunch the numbers though because I feel like you may lose dps just for a few single big attacks.

If you are running soldier amulet, I think you want the defense tree. It may be difficult to give up, but in order to take berserker line, I think you need to drop strength line.

K Pop
The Warrior, The Necro, The F1 Connoisseur
http://www.twitch.tv/interpretinterrupt

thoughts for my build

in Warrior

Choppy.4183

I have been toying with a build that could use daredevil runes to get crits while maintaining the health/toughness. I think it would work better with a valkarie amulet. I would have to crunch the numbers though because I feel like you may lose dps just for a few single big attacks.

If you are running soldier amulet, I think you want the defense tree. It may be difficult to give up, but in order to take berserker line, I think you need to drop strength line.

Honestly, I’d be surprised if there’s any warrior build in which Daredevil runes would be a good choice, especially without an Energy sigil and either Signet of Stamina or high Vigor uptime. Even then, our cooldowns are such that an Intel sigil is more valuable than the runes, which opens things up to choose a better rune.

thoughts for my build

in Warrior

SenthRawr.7843

Well i want something to 1v1 people and ,i thought getting both berserker and str is the way to go.
So since i need those i have to ditch out disc or defense. I chose disc and the lack of tankines i replaced marauder to soldier.

True internet warrior

thoughts for my build

in Warrior

Choppy.4183

Well i want something to 1v1 people and ,i thought getting both berserker and str is the way to go.
So since i need those i have to ditch out disc or defense. I chose disc and the lack of tankines i replaced marauder to soldier.

Unfortunately, swapping to soldier’s amulet then undermines the very reason you went into Berserker in the first place. You’ll be more durable and lethal if you swap Berserker for Defense and make the aforementioned gear changes.

The reason you subbed in soldiers is precisely why Berserker is the least used new specialization – to take it, you usually have to give up something better.

thoughts for my build

in Warrior

SenthRawr.7843

Unfortunately, swapping to soldier’s amulet then undermines the very reason you went into Berserker in the first place. You’ll be more durable and lethal if you swap Berserker for Defense and make the aforementioned gear changes.

The reason you subbed in soldiers is precisely why Berserker is the least used new specialization – to take it, you usually have to give up something better.

well atm im playing the old axe/shield gs build with rampage.But a lot of the times feels useless vs double necro teams and engies.(every other game unfortunately)

True internet warrior

(edited by SenthRawr.7843)

thoughts for my build

in Warrior

Posted by: Interpret Interrupt.3824

Interpret Interrupt.3824

Honestly, I’d be surprised if there’s any warrior build in which Daredevil runes would be a good choice, especially without an Energy sigil and either Signet of Stamina or high Vigor uptime. Even then, our cooldowns are such that an Intel sigil is more valuable than the runes, which opens things up to choose a better rune.

I would go as far to say that energy sigil is pretty mandatory for every class in this game.
Stances give vigor, which is why I would drop strength instead of defense first.
Intel sigil makes you more predictable. I probably eviscerate after a weapon swap 25% of the time. You can read intel swaps and at higher levels, its a dead give away. Plus chop double chop guaranteed crit good damage too.

But back on the original topic. An example build would be sword/ warhorn greatsword, with valkarie amulet, 3 stances, and daredevil runes. You can run warhorn clears and vigor, vigor on stances, and energy sigil on sword. crit final thrust is strong.

K Pop
The Warrior, The Necro, The F1 Connoisseur
http://www.twitch.tv/interpretinterrupt