[video] Talon Deathblade - Hammer WvWvW

in Warrior

Posted by: Callahan.3180

Callahan.3180

A 29 minute video capturing the highlights of Hammer/Sword Shield gameplay in solo WvWvW. Some of you who may have watched Matale’s WvW video a while back might enjoy this. Please watch in full+HD.

in Warrior

Callahan.3180

feed me your views now. I commandeth.

in Warrior

Posted by: gaborkaldy.3210

gaborkaldy.3210

Hi Mate, nice video, gj. I liked that a lot.

It seems you have very good dmg comparing to the WvW PVT build i am using.
Can you please give me a closer look into this build.

What you sacrifice? Whats your biggest encounter?

And again. Great job!

It’s always Beer Time!
Desolation – [TEU]

in Warrior

Callahan.3180

Hi Mate, nice video, gj. I liked that a lot.

It seems you have very good dmg comparing to the WvW PVT build i am using.
Can you please give me a closer look into this build.

What you sacrifice? Whats your biggest encounter?

And again. Great job!

The reason you do no damage is because you have no crit damage. Spec into crit damage and you’ll be set. You don’t sacrifice anything. I’d say precision but you have atleast 50something base with sword, around 64% with hammer plus sigil of intel. My biggest encounter are kittens who create a warband lol. I’m now getting enough recognition near my favorite camp spots that people will add me to group. They get so sour sometimes that they have no choice but to double team me. Biggest counter to any warrior though is a good engie who bunkers, or a really good shatter mez. I wreck most thieves and rangers. I gotta use wit to defeat a bunker engie. Guard just takes a while to kill, but they’re pretty ez. Mes is hard unless they’re super super glass, or you get the drop on them.

in Warrior

Posted by: Puandro.3245

Puandro.3245

Tag for tonight. What server you play on?

GW2 Videos WvW Ele/Thief/Mesmer/Ranger/Warrior PvP Videos
Jade Quarry – Team Savvy – #1 NA WvW Solo Guild

in Warrior

Posted by: Furajir.3815

Furajir.3815

You must not have any good rangers on your server, judging by the video I’m gonna say no. Was fun vid, enjoyed watching.

Tupro-Ranger- “The Great White Hype”
Yak’s Bend(TWIN) Racist against Sylvari
RRR Ranger and Warrior videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/ElmoezHerra?feature=watch

(edited by Furajir.3815)

in Warrior

Posted by: silentnight warrior.2714

silentnight warrior.2714

what is the food/gear you use?

in Warrior

Posted by: Undertaker.2731

Undertaker.2731

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?fIEQNAR3encOk8YzDSBxEhABVQDPKoCmQVoNSPED0INA-j0yAoLBZiDEVAgQAn9KiGbltIasKGM1Zi1nRVFD4xZ0qBA-w

Thats the build i use, i don’t really do 1v1 in wvw, mostly run with at least full party.

Any opinions on the build?

in Warrior

Callahan.3180

I play on Fort Aspenwood and a member of the PRO guild. Some of you may know it because of Bit. My page layout is broken for some reason, is this the same with anyone else? Can’t even quote people.

@Furajir.3815, you could say that about anyone in your video as well, Oh you must not have any good warriors because they don’t do a good job of immobilizing you. There’s a lot of unskilled players. I’ve only faced some decent rangers, and have yet to face someone who will beat me 1v1 that isn’t a mes, engie, or a bunker ele. Nice build though. Redundant song choice.

@silentnight warrior.2714, The entire build is in the video description. Read it.

@Undertaker.2731, and I have to quote this, “Thats the build i use, i don’t really do 1v1 in wvw, mostly run with at least full party.” Well let’s see, I’m gonna be harsh on you. You run a greatsword, first of all. Talk about cookie cutting? Second, you run with a group. Your skill level is obviously lacking if you’re one of those annoying people who run around grouping solo’s.

I’m not a fan of zerging.

in Warrior

Posted by: Furajir.3815

Furajir.3815

I was going off how you talk about Rangers, as if they’re fodder, not because of the video, but I can see based off of your encounters, how you could come to such an assumption. I never once stated Warriors were bad, as with any class, it’s really up to the player.

I personally love my hammer warrior, have been hammer since I made the character, so I’m not biased.

Tupro-Ranger- “The Great White Hype”
Yak’s Bend(TWIN) Racist against Sylvari
RRR Ranger and Warrior videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/ElmoezHerra?feature=watch

in Warrior

Posted by: Puandro.3245

Puandro.3245

Ranger’s aren’t bad, atm a warrior will lose 1v1 to any of the other 7 classes if they are both good players. If the warrior is better you can win though.

GW2 Videos WvW Ele/Thief/Mesmer/Ranger/Warrior PvP Videos
Jade Quarry – Team Savvy – #1 NA WvW Solo Guild

in Warrior

Posted by: TheOneNOnlyGeneralBama.9586

TheOneNOnlyGeneralBama.9586

Wow so much hostility in this thread.

I never expect to lose. Even when I’m the Engineer , I still prepare a victory speech.

in Warrior

Callahan.3180

I was going off how you talk about Rangers, as if they’re fodder, not because of the video, but I can see based off of your encounters, how you could come to such an assumption. I never once stated Warriors were bad, as with any class, it’s really up to the player.

I personally love my hammer warrior, have been hammer since I made the character, so I’m not biased.

I meant that as a general finger pointer toward any class. Not specifically warrior. I’m saying that you could say the majority of wvw players aren’t that great lol. Of course there’s good rangers, it’s just not common to face a good opponent with the same amount of hours I’ve got on a warrior.

in Warrior

Callahan.3180

For those who think this video is too long, simply watch the last 10 minutes. I make some miracle plays.

in Warrior

Undertaker.2731

I play on Fort Aspenwood and a member of the PRO guild. Some of you may know it because of Bit. My page layout is broken for some reason, is this the same with anyone else? Can’t even quote people.

@Furajir.3815, you could say that about anyone in your video as well, Oh you must not have any good warriors because they don’t do a good job of immobilizing you. There’s a lot of unskilled players. I’ve only faced some decent rangers, and have yet to face someone who will beat me 1v1 that isn’t a mes, engie, or a bunker ele. Nice build though. Redundant song choice.

@silentnight warrior.2714, The entire build is in the video description. Read it.

@Undertaker.2731, and I have to quote this, “Thats the build i use, i don’t really do 1v1 in wvw, mostly run with at least full party.” Well let’s see, I’m gonna be harsh on you. You run a greatsword, first of all. Talk about cookie cutting? Second, you run with a group. Your skill level is obviously lacking if you’re one of those annoying people who run around grouping solo’s.

I’m not a fan of zerging.

You didn’t get it. I run with at least a full party taking keeps and stuff, not grouping solo’s.

in Warrior

Callahan.3180

You didn’t get it. I run with at least a full party taking keeps and stuff, not grouping solo’s.

No I get it completely. Stick with Gs. It’s got what you’re looking for.

in Warrior

Undertaker.2731

I’m not a lone wolf that doesn’t like team work, so yeah, i’m looking for an organized group to take keeps and camps and score points for my server, I don’t run around the battlegrounds “Rambo” style looking for a 1v1 fight.

in Warrior

Callahan.3180

I’m not a lone wolf that doesn’t like team work, so yeah, i’m looking for an organized group to take keeps and camps and score points for my server, I don’t run around the battlegrounds “Rambo” style looking for a 1v1 fight.

Good for you. I posted this video for those of us who prefer the 1 man army approach. Surely there’s some form of pleasure in that. As for great sword, I never was a fan of it. It’s too easy to use and I think hammer is too great to pass up.

in Warrior

Posted by: Kuruoza.4680

Kuruoza.4680

Nice video m8! Can be a good reference play with hammer in wvw.

in Warrior

Callahan.3180

Nice video m8! Can be a good reference play with hammer in wvw.

Thanks I wanted to include as many scenarios as I could in the short time I played for those to learn how I use it. The last 10 minutes are the best parts though. Those are pretty much the highlights.

in Warrior

Callahan.3180

bump bump bump it up

in Warrior

Posted by: Epic.3950

Epic.3950

nice. Im trying out a similar build but im rolling knights armor and cav accessories. Not sure I like the lyssa spike just due to the nature of having such a small window to deal some crazy damage. Might roll melandru runes since I have the precision from knights already. Love the sword and board tho

in Warrior

Callahan.3180

nice. Im trying out a similar build but im rolling knights armor and cav accessories. Not sure I like the lyssa spike just due to the nature of having such a small window to deal some crazy damage. Might roll melandru runes since I have the precision from knights already. Love the sword and board tho

I never had luck with knights. I’d rather have a full set of valks than knights. Lyssa isn’t just for the spike. It’s a plus if anything but the main reason is for the 7s protection after I despell every buff they throw on me. You’d be surprised how useful it is when you get that off on a necro. Smack them pretty hard for 7s and take little damage in return. It also helps maintain perma fury/swiftness.