warrior

warrior

in Warrior

Posted by: Darksteel.8412

Darksteel.8412

I’m going to be totally honest here, the warrior on any other build but shoutbow is fully useless atm….can’t roll any build that is not full meta and get entirely obliterated….imo the community has hated on the warrior way to much and way to long….all other classes excell at everything the warrior has or should…warrior lacks evades, passive condi removal (cleansing ire is funny yet unreliable except on meta LB) the grandmaster trait brawler’s recovery is also a complete joke when fully condi spiked….it should remove 2 conditions on swap and when suffering from blind and or chill….those should be the prio ones to be removed from others…why? So we can set up a burst for a change on melee builds and not be forced to go all out meta shoutbow…wich is a boring slowpaced build with a role that should be a monk’s role, not a warrior. Nerf/change the warhorn cleansing for all I care….but make the warrior a top dps/burst class again in pvp…all I see on forums is people say buff condi buff condi…when condi spec is already brokenly OP and hands down the easiest spec to play….atm the warrior doesnt have the best burst…doesn’t have the best (close to) mobilty, doesn’t have the best heals and is turned into a kiting shouter while blowing the warhorn and drop an occasional firefield… this gameplay is not only extremely boring…but also extremely passive, having the option to roll support is good…but forcing it to be the meta is lame…..it’s a warrior for crying out loud the most ferocious class of all….supposedly, not a kiting cleansing healer….I’m seriously tired of the community trashing the warrior while it’s far from OP …and imo it’s not even a good class anymore…except on shoutbow……I’m just gonna say it (knowing nothing but mocking and hate will come from this) but the zerker amulet warrior…needs a HARDCORE buff….HARD-CORE!!!!

(edited by Darksteel.8412)

warrior

in Warrior

Darksteel.8412

PS. did I mention the warrior skills that can actually inflict some damage are hands down the slowest animated ones as well and require to be up close too…..fix this. Example…eviscerate needs range 450…range 300 while having to setup and get in close is just bolox (or whatever you spell that) and earthshaker should grant 1 second of stabilty….why? it’s a very predictable and easily evaded skill it can be blinded blocked or just invuln or immobalized even (no mobile strikes doesn’t break when the skill is already activated…..fix this too, I don’t want to wait to get immobalized and than having to use the skill in order to break immob, I want it to break immob as long as im using a mobile skill) eartshaker is a burst skill and my enemy should worry about the burst rather than the player using it…not saying it should always be a free hit…but now its almost guaruanteed to fail vs a player with a little bit of skill…..eartshaker should not be able to be interupted by fear’s etc…I imagine the warrior to fully focus itself into landing an earthshaker and therefor should have 1 second of stabilty….not just cause I imagine this….also to make the skill more viable….it has way to many counters or easily applied solutions to deal with now. I honestly don’t understand that in all these years no one came up with this suggestion…and a burst skill should not rely on stances or signets with long cd’s in order to be somewhat viable…cause there are still plenty of counters (blind) or other solutions… (dodge etc)

warrior

in Warrior

Posted by: OwikGall.1607

OwikGall.1607

I’m pretty satisfied with my sword ‘n board combo right now. I can solo melee champions, keep myself alive longer, stun the enemy, and once I get around to it I’ll be able to stack up on might and remove conditions decently. I haven’t PvP’d or WvW yet, though. I imagine things will be quite different, but for now I am content.

warrior

in Warrior

Darksteel.8412

yea well I’m not refering to pve…for I think pve is so super easy it should not be a measurement on how classes function…..I mean it may take some time….but even a full cleric’s ranger can rek pve entirely

warrior

in Warrior

OwikGall.1607

I couldn’t do good as a swords and shield guardian, though.

warrior

in Warrior

Darksteel.8412

in pve? omg that’s got nothing to do with the changes being asked for here…more with uhm……w8 whot you realy have trouble in pve on guard??? I’m asking for constructive feedback…am I entirely wrong…pls do so eleborate, for imo I thought this out pretty well…and imo my arguements are totally spot on (at least for the pvp scene) i’m not looking for childish jokes or mocking….say something usefull or don’t speak at all..looking for adult way of discussion

warrior

in Warrior

Posted by: Shalloe.4867

Shalloe.4867

mayb you should make the same thread in the pvp forum.

but i dont see any balance changes coming before HoT hits will have to wait and see what they have in store for warriors

warrior

in Warrior

Darksteel.8412

yea I guess so too about the HoT thing, just trying to come up with suggestions for HoT already

warrior

in Warrior

OwikGall.1607

When I tried sword ‘n board on a guardian I didn’t notice anything that supports either of them for the combo to work. It’s either sword ’n focus, or mace ’n shield.

The combo on warrior for PvE was much more satisfying because I can put the blocks to better use with either the Defender or Guardian runes (ironically) as well as the shield being more offensive via stunning. The bleeding from the swords adds to the swords damage outside of champion cluster groping and covers what damage I’d lose out when dodging, blocking, healing, or avoiding the enemy altogether during combat. So yeah, there’s so much more uses and versatility on the warrior than on the guardian with this combo.

Now if we want to talk about GS, that’s a whole different story, but I don’t use that.

warrior

in Warrior

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

That’s kind of how all the classes are right now, in PvP more so than anywhere, hence the massive trait system redesign that is coming.

warrior

in Warrior

OwikGall.1607

By the way, where do you find the news of that change happening? I looked in news section of the forum and couldn’t find it. <_<

warrior

in Warrior

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

By the way, where do you find the news of that change happening? I looked in news section of the forum and couldn’t find it. <_<

Oddly enough the only news which actually appears in the news forum is related to the forums, servers, or sales, not updates to the actual game. For news on current or upcoming game updates go here.

warrior

in Warrior

Posted by: Shala.8352

Shala.8352

i totaly agree with the topic opener.
I see warrior so bad if not playing with shoutbow. Regardless i am still playing GS axe warrior cuz i dont like the monkey meta build, really is so unskilled.
Aniway i think burst shouldnt be possible to blind, i mean condi damage is already OP cuz is able to heavy damage me even if i should be high tanky class, cuz is ignoring my armor, but after that even be able to blind the burst skill that required so much to prepare with adrenaline is so lame.
Really other class have already many way to avoid burst (dodge/immobilize/stun/kiting/teleporting and considering every high damage burst of warrior has so easy animation to spot) why they should even be able to blind the burst, me as a warrior i cant blind mesmer shatter burst or thief backstab, why they should be able?
The thing is that this silly condition called blind, really have higher effect on warrior cuz of his slow skills animation. Just REMOVE THE BLIND SPAM or SET BURST SKILLS IMMUNE TO BLIND thx.

warrior

in Warrior

Posted by: BlackTruth.6813

BlackTruth.6813

You CANNOT give Warrior instant-cast CC maneuvers like Guardian Judge > Ring for example. It will be broken and cancer.

http://www.twitch.tv/blacktruth009/c/6269321 Like this maneuver right here? This should NOT be easy mode.

What really needs to happen is.. more harsh incentives. Like Signet of Might for example should allow you to ignore protection AND make your attacks unblockable but make it a 60 second cool down. Why is this balanced? Because you will probably sacrifice a defensive cool down for it and in turn, be an easier kill even though you will have an easier time killing.

Signet of Fury should make it so that when you disable a foe, they cannot use a stun break for the next 3 seconds but I don’t think they have the technology for this one.

I’m saying, when you buff something, you need to consider opportunity costs and everything.

I’m perfectly fine with DPS Warrior right now, it’s just that people don’t ever wanna make comps because people don’t ever wanna multi-class in sPvP tbh.

twitch.tv/blacktruth009
Schwahrheit, #1 Fuhrer NA, Just your everyday typical rager