warrior rifle auto dodge

warrior rifle auto dodge

in Warrior

Posted by: Desired.9763

Desired.9763

i was excited for the new update then to learn that warrior with rifle auto dodge’s and there’s no way to turn it off or on ruined me going with a rifle arena net please add the option to enable for disable the auto dodge for rifle

warrior rifle auto dodge

in Warrior

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

i was excited for the new update then to learn that warrior with rifle auto dodge’s and there’s no way to turn it off or on ruined me going with a rifle arena net please add the option to enable for disable the auto dodge for rifle

You’ll learn to function with it.

warrior rifle auto dodge

in Warrior

Posted by: emkelly.2371

emkelly.2371

Jump when you fire and you will not roll backwards.

warrior rifle auto dodge

in Warrior

Posted by: Ven Zehn.6573

Ven Zehn.6573

Always takes a bit to adjust to new functionality, the shot becomes something you use only in certain circumstances, no long just spamming all skills that are off cooldown.

warrior rifle auto dodge

in Warrior

Desired.9763

thanks for the replies

warrior rifle auto dodge

in Warrior

Desired.9763

while i am not happy about the rifle auto dodge atleast warrior has more passive healing

warrior rifle auto dodge

in Warrior

Posted by: Tumult.2578

Tumult.2578

Or, has value in PvP, not in PvE.

warrior rifle auto dodge

in Warrior

Desired.9763

okay im an idiot the ‘rifle auto dodge’ was the number 4 ability with the rifle that evades sorry for making it a big deal

warrior rifle auto dodge

in Warrior

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

You’ll learn to function with it.

Such an awesome change. :/

“In some situations you will only have 4 weapon skills now.”

warrior rifle auto dodge

in Warrior

Posted by: JETWING.2759

JETWING.2759

Then make this skill ground target… We could choose the dodge direction or even dodge w/o move out(on top of walls for example we could stil use rifle #4 w/o fall down).
Other point is that the shoot could fire in midle or end of dodge, cause we are loosing the immobilize advantage for shoots before dodge.

warrior rifle auto dodge

in Warrior

Ross Biddle.2367

Then make this skill ground target… We could choose the dodge direction or even dodge w/o move out(on top of walls for example we could stil use rifle #4 w/o fall down).
Other point is that the shoot could fire in midle or end of dodge, cause we are loosing the immobilize advantage for shoots before dodge.

Jump when firing removes the roll back.

warrior rifle auto dodge

in Warrior

emkelly.2371

Honestly i love the roll back with rifle. I still don’t believe the riffle is perfect, but being able to get my killshot off more often and put some distance between myself and my attackers is a good change to the weapon. you just have to know when to use the ability instead of just spamming your skills.

warrior rifle auto dodge

in Warrior

Tumult.2578

Please clarify whether your writing about PvP or PvE becaused there is a vast difference in the effect of the change to rifle’s Brutal Shot in the two modes.
The skill actually has a use in PvP and makes the weapon basically useless in PvE.

warrior rifle auto dodge

in Warrior

Posted by: Choppy.4183

Choppy.4183

Please clarify whether your writing about PvP or PvE becaused there is a vast difference in the effect of the change to rifle’s Brutal Shot in the two modes.
The skill actually has a use in PvP and makes the weapon basically useless in PvE.

How do the changes to Brutal Shot make the weapon useless in pve?

They added an immob and an evade, and otherwise left the skill as it was. If you don’t want the evade, you just jump and shoot. Even if you couldn’t do that, the immob lasts longer than the evade.

I’m Biff Rangoon, and I approved this message.
Ehmry Bay | Omg Brb Icecream Truck (ICEE)

warrior rifle auto dodge

in Warrior

Posted by: revox.8273

revox.8273

just specced for pure rifle in PVE and oooowh my god what u can do with it, just grab some veterans+ normal mobs, pack em’ together and use 2 bursts (tested in frostgorge sound behind jormag spawn at those 2 veteran wolfs)
the evade on 4th skill is soo nice for pure long range, hit 5 then 4 and u have big gap between u and mobs
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vJAQNBkYDbknD67wuQwyD4ExyPgZ8ACANAlCX3rM8+crubXA-TxRBABPcFAMTJIe6GoU9HAeAAXt/o8r5DCApAiYYF-e
rifle trait not changed yet in editor

warrior rifle auto dodge

in Warrior

Tumult.2578

Not going to hijack the thread so lets simple say that in PvE, a mode with very minimal reason to retreat, the immob is fine but the forced evade is both pointless and absurd.

We should never have to perform an action in order to use a skill, like jumping to evade the evade does. If they want to give us an evade (not needed in PvE) it should be the skill and also have additional benefits for us.
When I get done laughing at the warriors doing the Golem without stability, constantly rolling up and down the steps, I think it’s pretty sad.

I believe Brutal Shot (not sure that sounds right for an evade) actually fits well in PvP.
Unfortunately, it is now the perfect example of why balance shouldn’t be done across the board.

warrior rifle auto dodge

in Warrior

Choppy.4183

@Tumult
Have you tried jumping when you use the skill? Also, what have you lost even if you do perform a half second roll back in pve?

As for additional benefits for people who don’t need the evade, you gained an immob.

EDIT: I just noticed you’d said we shouldn’t have to jump to “evade the evade”. Honestly, I don’t have much sympathy for the position. As Ross says below, we now have options where we didn’t before.

You’re effectively saying this new evade, which is a very useful addition in pvp/wvw, and could be useful in pve in some cases, wrecks the entire weapon for pve… even though you can easily prevent the evade if you don’t want it, and lose a 1/2s (one auto attack) if you don’t while performing the evade (though you gained an immob that lasts 3x longer).

The benefits dramatically outweigh the cost here, jumping as a way to avoid this “cost” is nothing, and in no way would a 1/2 sec delay trash weapon (especially when a 1 1/2 sec immob was added to the skill).

(edited by Choppy.4183)

warrior rifle auto dodge

in Warrior

Posted by: Widebody.5071

Widebody.5071

I was kinda fond of the blind rifle 4 use to have and I really miss the bleeds that rifle skills lost.

warrior rifle auto dodge

in Warrior

Ross Biddle.2367

We should never have to perform an action in order to use a skill, like jumping to evade the evade does.

It’s funny that you say this because for three years, Mesmers would have to run around WvW with their inventory open so they could swap in and out of focus every 24 seconds for 10-12 seconds of swiftness. Free evade on rifle? Boo hoo.

That said, ele staff 4 is it? while attuned to fire is a rollback. Always has been unless im mistaken.

Honestly, its just a l2p issue. It’s actually nice that you can jump to avoid it as it give you options.

warrior rifle auto dodge

in Warrior

Tumult.2578

You can accept the unbalance and circumvent as much of the intended action as you’d like. Personally, I will continue to point out the absurdity of trying to balance across the board.
I played Mesmer for awhile and changed because it was so unbalanced.
Actually the ele staff 4 attuned to fire is exactly what I suggested. An evade that does something more for us. Not a forced evade in order to immobilize.
The intent of the design is to force you to evade.
A half second roll back isn’t that bad in the core game but in Hot, a lot of those evades are going to be over a cliff, out of a tree, basically a loss of position that likely took awhile to attain.

You may think I need to learn to play.
I think you need to learn what to play because warrior is now more out of balance and more warriors will drop the power rifle and go to condi bow, again reducing build diversity.

warrior rifle auto dodge

in Warrior

Choppy.4183

The intent of the design was to make the weapon more viable in competitive play. The rifle’s not “unbalanced” because you have an evade tied to a skill that just gained a longer immob.

Frankly, if you can’t be bothered to press space bar to avoid rolling off a cliff, then the l2p issue isn’t with Ross.

warrior rifle auto dodge

in Warrior

Posted by: Odokuro.5049

Odokuro.5049

I like the changes to Rifle, being able to put a larger gap between my target and I is great, and as others said, jump if you don’t want to roll backwards, but I dunno why you wouldn’t since your using a RANGED weapon, and keeping a gap between yourself and whatever your attacking, is key.

The Self-Proclaimed Pervy Sage of Yaks Bend.
https://www.twitch.tv/amazinphelix

warrior rifle auto dodge

in Warrior

Ross Biddle.2367

Not a forced evade in order to immobilize.
The intent of the design is to force you to evade.

The intent of the design is to evade, with a bonus immobilize

That was easy XD

warrior rifle auto dodge

in Warrior

Posted by: Onlysaneman.9612

Onlysaneman.9612

Keep in mind, they added the functionality of the old Rifle 4 (namely, just vulnerability) to Rifle 2. I’m pretty sure the intent was to make Brutal Shot a primarily defensive skill, to be used when needed and not whenever it’s off cooldown, and allow 2 to pick up the slack in terms of offense.

warrior rifle auto dodge

in Warrior

Posted by: PirateHell.1079

PirateHell.1079

auto-dodge with rifle I HATE this…

warrior rifle auto dodge

in Warrior

Posted by: nicknamenick.2437

nicknamenick.2437

you can jump so you dont dodge.

Its more maby for PVP, i myself really like this, we should have more of these active defensive skills in this game…

Sure i get the PVE players just want to deal dmg, and thats what 99% of all the warrior weapon skills only does, compared to other classes we do lack active defense on weapon skills.

warrior rifle auto dodge

in Warrior

PirateHell.1079

@Tumult
Have you tried jumping when you use the skill? Also, what have you lost even if you do perform a half second roll back in pve?

As for additional benefits for people who don’t need the evade, you gained an immob.

EDIT: I just noticed you’d said we shouldn’t have to jump to “evade the evade”. Honestly, I don’t have much sympathy for the position. As Ross says below, we now have options where we didn’t before.

You’re effectively saying this new evade, which is a very useful addition in pvp/wvw, and could be useful in pve in some cases, wrecks the entire weapon for pve… even though you can easily prevent the evade if you don’t want it, and lose a 1/2s (one auto attack) if you don’t while performing the evade (though you gained an immob that lasts 3x longer).

The benefits dramatically outweigh the cost here, jumping as a way to avoid this “cost” is nothing, and in no way would a 1/2 sec delay trash weapon (especially when a 1 1/2 sec immob was added to the skill).

if you use it in the wrong position, even accidently, such as say on a wall or an edge of some high place you fall. so now you have to purposefully avoid it, which I did at times because of the immobilization, but now it could be critical.

(edited by PirateHell.1079)

warrior rifle auto dodge

in Warrior

PirateHell.1079

you can jump so you dont dodge.

Its more maby for PVP, i myself really like this, we should have more of these active defensive skills in this game…

Sure i get the PVE players just want to deal dmg, and thats what 99% of all the warrior weapon skills only does, compared to other classes we do lack active defense on weapon skills.

just tried it and it’s asinine that I have to jump up and down during a battle to avoid an attribute. I haven’t found a combo to just jump once yet but hey who really gives a kitten in the long run right, I mean why not add new “FEATURES” that make no sense in PvE

warrior rifle auto dodge

in Warrior

Posted by: TheBravery.9615

TheBravery.9615

The problem with the evade is that it’s lazily tacked on after the shot is fired, now when the shot is being cast. (take a 1/2 second to cast the skill, then evade for 3/4 second afterwards)

It prevents players from using this as a reaction to evade an attack, unlike something like blurred frenzy or whirlwind attack, which procs the evasion right away.

I thought it would be a good idea at the guild chat preview, but it’s not working as I imagined. Instead, it’s an awkward, tacked on effect to an existing skill; and the fact that I need to jump to prevent the dodge is a gimmicky mechanic.

If anything, I would suggest that the skill behave more like quickshot.
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Quick_Shot

warrior rifle auto dodge

in Warrior

Posted by: Ven Zehn.6573

Ven Zehn.6573

Most other classes with an evade skill also involve movement, many of their skills leaving little control as to where they end up, at least with this skill, you know you’ll be moving backwards.
Additionally, it should remove immobilize when Warrior’s Sprint is traited, which in my opinion is a huge bonus to the skill.
Having an additional “dodge” combined with immob removal AND immob of the enemy is amazing.

So again, learn not to spam every skill just because it’s not on cool down.
Use it for the immobilize to lock down a player for a bit, or use it as an escape when someone immobilizes you.

Lastly, most wars are probably not running rifle in PvE, it just isn’t optimal unless you have trouble in melee. So this argument of it being useless in PvE is kind of a moot point, it still provides vuln if that’s what you need it to do, and it putting you at further range from the enemy due to the evade? You’re using a rifle…..

Edit: I do agree though that the evade should be immediate.

warrior rifle auto dodge

in Warrior

Tumult.2578

The intent of the design was to make the weapon more viable in competitive play. The rifle’s not “unbalanced” because you have an evade tied to a skill that just gained a longer immob.

Frankly, if you can’t be bothered to press space bar to avoid rolling off a cliff, then the l2p issue isn’t with Ross.

How’s that working for you now?

warrior rifle auto dodge

in Warrior

Posted by: Dipdoo.4861

Dipdoo.4861

You’ll now roll while mid-air. Part of the bug-fixes in the 23rd patch

Big Cat Dipdoo ~ Warrior, Caeda Ripstep ~ Revenant, Braum Has Arrived ~ Guardian [SQD]
“It’s time to Rim Ram their Jim Jams.”

warrior rifle auto dodge

in Warrior

Posted by: Sandzibar.5134

Sandzibar.5134

Unwarranted ‘bug fix’. Was a good way to cancel the crappy rollback on a skill that makes no sense having it on in the first place. Anet failures.

warrior rifle auto dodge

in Warrior

Posted by: St Nap Yppah.1752

St Nap Yppah.1752

Can we revert every change that was made to rifle in the past month … I think they were trying to buff rifle … ? Probably ??? I found it much more playable before the update.

With the piercing removed from most skills they are making it even more of a 1 trick pony. They have removed the cleave component of it so it is basically gunflame, volley, wait for recharges and repeat. When all skills could pierce you could feel like you were actually doing something with the other skills. Now they are just fillers.

I wasn’t a fan of the auto dodge on brutal shot but the jump cancel was a good solution. It allowed me to choose when I wanted the dodge roll backwards and when I didn’t. In most cases I didn’t want it. Now with there being no cancel it greatly reduces the usability of the skill.

Wasn’t the warrior update a month ago suppose to be about opening up warrior weapon skills and making them feel more impactful and active? So the weapon they they gave the most update to ended up actually being worse? Is this the way anyone else sees it?

warrior rifle auto dodge

in Warrior

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Can we revert every change that was made to rifle in the past month … I think they were trying to buff rifle … ? Probably ??? I found it much more playable before the update.

With the piercing removed from most skills they are making it even more of a 1 trick pony. They have removed the cleave component of it so it is basically gunflame, volley, wait for recharges and repeat. When all skills could pierce you could feel like you were actually doing something with the other skills. Now they are just fillers.

I wasn’t a fan of the auto dodge on brutal shot but the jump cancel was a good solution. It allowed me to choose when I wanted the dodge roll backwards and when I didn’t. In most cases I didn’t want it. Now with there being no cancel it greatly reduces the usability of the skill.

Wasn’t the warrior update a month ago suppose to be about opening up warrior weapon skills and making them feel more impactful and active? So the weapon they they gave the most update to ended up actually being worse? Is this the way anyone else sees it?

Making it a flip skill or having the skill give enough endurance for a dodge would have better better.

warrior rifle auto dodge

in Warrior

emkelly.2371

I know I’m in the minority here, but I like the rollback
I like not having to take a grate to make rifle useful as well.