warrior skills/traits not on par with others

in Warrior

Posted by: knyy.6427

knyy.6427

It makes me sad and mad whenever i see that, warrior skills and traits are underwhelming in comparison to all the other professions. Maybe there exists some advantageous traits/skill but i know none.
There are all well known, but i wanna collect all here.
I’ll compare warrior skills/traits with similar skills/traits of other professions.

RushRide the lightning
Both are on 20s CD and have the same range. Rtl is not affected by cripple/chill, you can use it in midair and the damage it does is instantly and not like rush after a 1s animation.
Because of the animation you’ll be surprised if you do damage with Rush (mostly in PvP).

vigor/swiftness
Elementalists, Guardians and Mesmer have the trait to get vigor on critical hit and so they have perma vigor. What do we get? Kitten “Furious Speed” with 10% chance on critical hit to get swiftness! Wow, first vigor > swiftness in combat and we only get a 10% while all other similar traits get 100%?? Come on… “Vigorous Focus” is not an option because it is connected to stances. (CD on stances are little bit too high, especially “Endure Pain”). And we are talking about Adept-tier-traits – all of them are.

brawn
All other professions get 1% out of 1 point for their profession traitline. We get 0.1%. I see warrior is the only one which improves the damage and others reduce “just” the CD but then give us something else. Its just plainly useless.

hammer toss
The second down skill. Its just so bad. Single target CC while most other professions have multi target ones.

underwater downed skills
Well, no ranged attack available, just melee…

leap range – HS/Evisc
You all know Heartseeker. It does very good dmg (to enemys low on HP) and is an incredible gap closer and not effected by cripple/chill. And we have Eviscerate…Its our *burst*skill with a 10s CD and the need to have full adrenalin to do some good damage (only if it crits). Thieves can spam Heartseeker.

Maybe you can add some other skills/traits. Thank you.

(edited by knyy.6427)

in Warrior

Posted by: Bran.7425

Bran.7425

Would you accept improvement on though and other traits/skill if it came with all the other professions gaining similar treatment?

The first one I can think of would be the Necromancers getting your 50% bleed duration?

But more to the point this is not solely a Warrior problem, but a general balance issue.

Pets have been hidden due to rising Player complaints.

in Warrior

Posted by: TheBlueI.3486

TheBlueI.3486

Empowered (Warrior major adept trait)
In-game description: “Increases damage for every boon on you”
wiki: +2% damage per unique boon

Power of the Virtuous (Guardian minor grandmaster trait)
In-game description: “Deal extra damage for each boon you have.”

Bountiful Power Power (Elementalist minor grandmaster trait)
In-game description: “Deal 2% more damage for each boon on you.”
wiki: +1% damage per unique boon

An adapet trait more powerful/equal to a grandmaster trait. I would say it is overwhelming in comparison to others.

in Warrior

Posted by: Scoobaniec.9561

Scoobaniec.9561

^ Cool story bro. Now lets see if we can have so many boons like they do.

in Warrior

Posted by: ensoriki.5789

ensoriki.5789

You aren’t a boon heavy prof. In the case of working together with people you gain double the profit.

The great forum duppy.

in Warrior

Posted by: TheBlueI.3486

TheBlueI.3486

How many Guardian skills/traits that gives boons do apply those boons only to the guardian and not to allies as well?

in Warrior

knyy.6427

Empowered (Warrior major adept trait)
In-game description: “Increases damage for every boon on you”
wiki: +2% damage per unique boon

Power of the Virtuous (Guardian minor grandmaster trait)
In-game description: “Deal extra damage for each boon you have.”

Bountiful Power Power (Elementalist minor grandmaster trait)
In-game description: “Deal 2% more damage for each boon on you.”
wiki: +1% damage per unique boon

An adapet trait more powerful/equal to a grandmaster trait. I would say it is overwhelming in comparison to others.

“bountiful power” @ wiki +2% and there is no mention of 1%: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Bountiful_Power

So guardians only get +1% per boon. But they can compensate it with their numbers of boons they can apply. Warriors needs some others to apply boons to them, but with that in mind the guardian has nevertheless much more boon uptime.

(edited by knyy.6427)

in Warrior

Posted by: Thunderbrew.7034

Thunderbrew.7034

Go to each other profession forum, and look around. You will see
a topic with the same heading.

It should be titled: Not all are useful or used. I play a 80 Ele, War
and Thief, and know that 50% or more of skills are unused.

in Warrior

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

I’ve brought it up multiple times with Rush, Bull’s Charge, Whirlwind etc. The Warrior’s movement skills are the only movement skills in the entire game that are affected by movement impairing effects. Not even dodge roll is affected by them.

I don’t consider your vigor thing a legitimate gripe. While you’re right and the Warrior’s only grants swiftness, the Signet of Stamina increases regen which other classes don’t all have. Now that said, it would be nice if the Warrior had a signet to remove a condition every 10 seconds like many other classes.

I’m not sure what you’re trying to get at with Eviscerate. It’s not comparable to heartseaker in any fashion so why bother trying?

in Warrior

knyy.6427

Go to each other profession forum, and look around. You will see
a topic with the same heading.

It should be titled: Not all are useful or used. I play a 80 Ele, War
and Thief, and know that 50% or more of skills are unused.

I know that all professions have some traits and skills which are useless. But its not what i meant. I just compare traits and skills which are sort of the same. It would be boring if all professions have the same skills, but some are intended to be the same. Like the signets which give +25% movement speed. First only the thief got 25% and other classes with the same signet only got 10%. Its just not fair and should be adjusted. And because its the warrior forum, i wrote such skills/traits from the warrior, which falls in this category in my opinion.

I know of flaws of other professions, i have 80 of all professions except ranger and engineer.

(edited by knyy.6427)

in Warrior

knyy.6427

I’ve brought it up multiple times with Rush, Bull’s Charge, Whirlwind etc. The Warrior’s movement skills are the only movement skills in the entire game that are affected by movement impairing effects. Not even dodge roll is affected by them.

I don’t consider your vigor thing a legitimate gripe. While you’re right and the Warrior’s only grants swiftness, the Signet of Stamina increases regen which other classes don’t all have. Now that said, it would be nice if the Warrior had a signet to remove a condition every 10 seconds like many other classes.

I’m not sure what you’re trying to get at with Eviscerate. It’s not comparable to heartseaker in any fashion so why bother trying?

I get your point. We have the signet which gives us passiv endurance regeneration but we need one utility for that, others like ranger has an adept minor trait which gives 50% better endurance regeneration. That cannot be compared.

But traits with effect on crit can. And we have a 10% on crit and all other classes a 100% effect on crit. Thats the point.

With Heartseeker not comparable to Eviscerate, you are probably right. Eviscerate << Heartseeker (im just raging).

in Warrior

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

I do agree that it would be nice if Evis had a little longer range cause it just sucks the way it is now. Half the time it doesn’t even connect unless you are at point blank range. It would also be great if bulls rush were not affected by cripple/chill. As for the rest, meh, I’m fine with it.

There a few redundant/useless skill/traits that could be changed to allow greater build variety. We’ll see what we get when this boon hate thing comes around. As is the warrior is not in that bad a shape unless you are playing tPvP. Everywhere else, warrior kicks kitten

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”

in Warrior

Posted by: Iavra.8510

Iavra.8510

vigor/swiftness
Elementalists, Guardians and Mesmer have the trait to get vigor on critical hit and so they have perma vigor.

Ok, how is this: You get my vigor-on-crit-Trait and i get your Forceful Greatsword. Deal?

in Warrior

Posted by: Dirty Dova.6490

Dirty Dova.6490

No joke warriors has great weapons and good crit builds just there mechanics as adrenline are trash. Evicerate is good but as stated short range and not even joking and kind of a long animation. The killshot is decent becuz of the long wait. The greatswprd is terrible. There traits could use some work but are you willing to sacrifice damage to get this or do you want more surviability and same damage?

I have a lvl 80 ele thief and warrior also a lvl 52 mesmer. I understand what op is and isnt.

in Warrior

Posted by: Neandramathal.9536

Neandramathal.9536

vigor/swiftness
Elementalists, Guardians and Mesmer have the trait to get vigor on critical hit and so they have perma vigor.

Ok, how is this: You get my vigor-on-crit-Trait and i get your Forceful Greatsword. Deal?

Technically you have a trait that gives might on crit to you and allies with ANY weapon at the same tier And the guardians vigor on crit is a minor trait.

I will however grant you that Empowering Might (?) has an ICD of 1s.

[GoV] Gnomes of Vabbi || [Imp] Impact
Currently @ Piken Square
Small scale unimpressive videos of unimpressiveness: http://www.youtube.com/neandramathal

in Warrior

Posted by: Saweth You Him.9047

Saweth You Him.9047

Uhhh. Warriors get 12.5 seconds of invulnerability if traited right. They get balanced stance. They can keep up swiftness indefinitely between their elite signet and a banner while traveling between places plus their banner has a charge to boot. Their hammer has a 2 second aoe stun. Their heal removes 2 conditions and if your really desperate for condition removal they have a signet that removes all conditions. They have the highest base armor/hp. They have two gap closers on their GS. They can block and if traited reflect projectiles with their shield. The ranger #3 GS movement skill is affected by cripple. I think the Guardians GS #3 movement skill is affected by cripple as well. They have an immobolize with with longbow #5 and bolas plus a 2 second knockdown with bulls charge and hammer #5 which they can follow up with frenzy and hundred blades. Comparing the warrior who has the highest base armor/hp to an elementist who has the lowest base armor/hp probably isn’t fair.

so sayeth the great innuendo

in Warrior

Posted by: Rednik.3809

Rednik.3809

Uhhh. Warriors get 12.5 seconds of invulnerability if traited right. They get balanced stance. They can keep up swiftness indefinitely between their elite signet and a banner while traveling between places plus their banner has a charge to boot. Their hammer has a 2 second aoe stun. Their heal removes 2 conditions and if your really desperate for condition removal they have a signet that removes all conditions. They have the highest base armor/hp. They have two gap closers on their GS. They can block and if traited reflect projectiles with their shield. The ranger #3 GS movement skill is affected by cripple. I think the Guardians GS #3 movement skill is affected by cripple as well. They have an immobolize with with longbow #5 and bolas plus a 2 second knockdown with bulls charge and hammer #5 which they can follow up with frenzy and hundred blades. Comparing the warrior who has the highest base armor/hp to an elementist who has the lowest base armor/hp probably isn’t fair.

Great, so we just need grab 10 slot utilities panel, 4 weapon sets, get 60-60-60-60-60 talents and wow, now we can beat someone! Stupid warriors, why they don’t find out this awesome build earlier?

Kiijna, Xast, Satis Ironwail, Sekhaina, Shira Forgesparkle, Sfeno, Nasibi, Tegeira, Rhonwe…
25 charracters

(edited by Rednik.3809)

in Warrior

Posted by: Lyonell.1753

Lyonell.1753

>That is if trailed into it, balance stance also has a long cool down.
> So we waste a banner to run around? We got many sources of swiftness but so does almost every other class. Also, banner have a cool down which makes the use of them as a traveling mechanic a stupid idea at most, unless you stole the banner off some random warrior…yeah people can simply pick up our utilities and lol their way to a faster travel. I think Anet forgot how many trolls and kittens exist in the internet…
>AoE Stun that any decent player expects and will dodge lol.
>The heal that removes 2 conditions barely heals at all, unlike other classes who can get 60 – 80% of their health back with almost every heal our only good heal requires us to have full adrenaline, thus making the signet of heal and mending I think was the name quite useless, sure we can use shake it off for a random condition remove which will very likely remove your about to end cripple rather than those 18 bleed stacks…we can use a signed to remove all conditions just to get em back on during the cool down as our cool downs are quite higher than a passive effect.
> We can reflect projectiles with our shield, my favorite trait of all, yet this only affects classes who actually shoot at you, which is close to none as people already learn how to play their class, back in the day you could destroy dual gun thieves and volley warriors, hell even almost every ranger around, but those days are long gone my friend.
>So?
>Pretty much every class got some way of immobilize, hell, we are melee oriented, warriors and guardians should have a truck loaded with roots just as most classes got trucks loaded with escape mechanisms lol.
>Bolas and bull rush tend to miss more than they hit, same goes to shield bash. Sadly since those were some of my fave skills…
>Frenzy and hundred blades is always expected, most enemies focus on simply dodging the cc and those who don’t would die from a normal HB anyways lol!

Sure isn’t since the uptime, damage, cc and versatility of elementalist makes them way out of our league. I’m a quite good warrior, I wouldn’t say OMFG so good but I can win against almost every person I fought or come close to do so, when fighting mesmers, people with equal skills will usually beat me, this is due to the massive burst and confusion they can deal to me, I don’t roll on berserkers gear so I am no glass cannon, mesmers can cc, stealth and deal damage like no tomorrow so is not about knowing which one is real is about staying on that real, since they got access to better escape mechanisms they can disengage and re engage as they need. Thus making a mesmer a really hard target for warriors.

On the elementalist side, the amount of cc, self healing, movement, engage and disengage array of skills gives them such an uptime, flexibility and mobility that even if you play your warrior to perfection your damage just won’t keep up, thus you are only delaying the inevitable. Sure bad elementalist will drop like flies but this applies to bad warrior and bad everything lol!

in Warrior

Posted by: AlBundy.7851

AlBundy.7851

I get a good laugh when I skim the warrior forums and see bad players say the warrior class should get a 1 for 1 tradeoff in terms of improvement. It must be amazing playing games and not realizing what is actually happening?

Every thread there is some new ignorant white knight who spouts off some stupid comparison that doesn’t actually apply. Instead of being useless how about you take your guardian petition Arenanet to make that class into a pet for the warrior called Buffbot789 give it an asuran golem model and then warriors should be fine.

We all know that the whine ridden Guardian community usually gets what they want so this change should come about lickity split.

in Warrior

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

I don’t know about the Guardian’s leap of faith skill with their greatsword. I’m reasonably sure it isn’t. I know for a fact that Swoop for the Ranger isn’t.

And I think the point he’s trying to make that even with the lowest armor and hp, an ele is more survivable than a warrior. Now build has a large part to do with it and the ele class as a whole has a single build (which is their bunker build) that is actually considered competetive.

in Warrior

Posted by: swinsk.6410

swinsk.6410

RushRide the lightning
Both are on 20s CD and have the same range. Rtl is not affected by cripple/chill, you can use it in midair and the damage it does is instantly and not like rush after a 1s animation.
Because of the animation you’ll be surprised if you do damage with Rush (mostly in PvP).

Sure, RTL is better, but we are different class and such, remember?

vigor/swiftness
Elementalists, Guardians and Mesmer have the trait to get vigor on critical hit and so they have perma vigor. What do we get? Kitten “Furious Speed” with 10% chance on critical hit to get swiftness! Wow, first vigor > swiftness in combat and we only get a 10% while all other similar traits get 100%?? Come on… “Vigorous Focus” is not an option because it is connected to stances. (CD on stances are little bit too high, especially “Endure Pain”). And we are talking about Adept-tier-traits – all of them are.

Warrior with perma vigor might be pretty OP. We also have some movement traits in discipline you didn’t mention. We also have signet of rage that gives long duration swiftness, warhorn for when out of combat. It’s not like warrior is kitten on swiftness.

brawn
All other professions get 1% out of 1 point for their profession traitline. We get 0.1%. I see warrior is the only one which improves the damage and others reduce “just” the CD but then give us something else. Its just plainly useless.

Not sure what you are complaining about here. It makes you mad because this class is different from the rest? Make a guardian then IMO.

hammer toss
The second down skill. Its just so bad. Single target CC while most other professions have multi target ones.

Really? Warriors have the best #3 to make up for it IMO

underwater downed skills

Seriously, sure there may be a point, but who cares about underwater? It’s bad.

leap range – HS/Evisc
You all know Heartseeker. It does very good dmg (to enemys low on HP) and is an incredible gap closer and not effected by cripple/chill. And we have Eviscerate…Its our *burst*skill with a 10s CD and the need to have full adrenalin to do some good damage (only if it crits). Thieves can spam Heartseeker.

I find warrior has great leap mobility from skills. Heartseeker is affected by cripple/chill. Any kind of movement speed debuff gives less distance traveled.

Just another noob thief…

in Warrior

Posted by: Braxxus.2904

Braxxus.2904

You aren’t a boon heavy prof. In the case of working together with people you gain double the profit.

Ugh. Relying on the ‘group’ defense.
Being babysat by others, requiring others, constantly being surrounded by others is weak and pathetic. People shouldn’t be forced to nut-cup others just to cover up bad design/balance.
(Disclaimer: Just my opinion of course)

Blackwater Vanguard
Yaks Bend

(edited by Braxxus.2904)

in Warrior

Posted by: Miko.5726

Miko.5726

>That is if trailed into it, balance stance also has a long cool down.
> So we waste a banner to run around? We got many sources of swiftness but so does almost every other class. Also, banner have a cool down which makes the use of them as a traveling mechanic a stupid idea at most, unless you stole the banner off some random warrior…yeah people can simply pick up our utilities and lol their way to a faster travel. I think Anet forgot how many trolls and kittens exist in the internet…
>AoE Stun that any decent player expects and will dodge lol.
>The heal that removes 2 conditions barely heals at all, unlike other classes who can get 60 – 80% of their health back with almost every heal our only good heal requires us to have full adrenaline, thus making the signet of heal and mending I think was the name quite useless, sure we can use shake it off for a random condition remove which will very likely remove your about to end cripple rather than those 18 bleed stacks…we can use a signed to remove all conditions just to get em back on during the cool down as our cool downs are quite higher than a passive effect.
> We can reflect projectiles with our shield, my favorite trait of all, yet this only affects classes who actually shoot at you, which is close to none as people already learn how to play their class, back in the day you could destroy dual gun thieves and volley warriors, hell even almost every ranger around, but those days are long gone my friend.
>So?
>Pretty much every class got some way of immobilize, hell, we are melee oriented, warriors and guardians should have a truck loaded with roots just as most classes got trucks loaded with escape mechanisms lol.
>Bolas and bull rush tend to miss more than they hit, same goes to shield bash. Sadly since those were some of my fave skills…
>Frenzy and hundred blades is always expected, most enemies focus on simply dodging the cc and those who don’t would die from a normal HB anyways lol!

Sure isn’t since the uptime, damage, cc and versatility of elementalist makes them way out of our league. I’m a quite good warrior, I wouldn’t say OMFG so good but I can win against almost every person I fought or come close to do so, when fighting mesmers, people with equal skills will usually beat me, this is due to the massive burst and confusion they can deal to me, I don’t roll on berserkers gear so I am no glass cannon, mesmers can cc, stealth and deal damage like no tomorrow so is not about knowing which one is real is about staying on that real, since they got access to better escape mechanisms they can disengage and re engage as they need. Thus making a mesmer a really hard target for warriors.

On the elementalist side, the amount of cc, self healing, movement, engage and disengage array of skills gives them such an uptime, flexibility and mobility that even if you play your warrior to perfection your damage just won’t keep up, thus you are only delaying the inevitable. Sure bad elementalist will drop like flies but this applies to bad warrior and bad everything lol!

True words! Please A-Net “read and understand” this wall of text, otherwise you’ll have to pay dearly for any mistakes.

+ 10

in Warrior

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

It makes me sad and mad whenever i see that, warrior skills and traits are underwhelming in comparison to all the other professions. Maybe there exists some advantageous traits/skill but i know none.
I’ll compare warrior skills/traits with similar skills/traits of other professions.

RushRide the lightning

vigor/swiftness

brawn

hammer toss

underwater downed skills

leap range – HS/Evisc

So what I get from this is you want the warrior to do stuff other classes do lol. Every class is different taking x class skill vs warrior skill that serves similar purpose isn’t a good argument and goes no where. Every class could do this with all their skills.

A Mesmer could say why doesn’t my heal refresh my class mechanic like surge does and why does it depend on how many clones I have. Why do I have to take a trait to remove condition on heal when mending doesn’t need a trait and it removes 2 conditions. It would go on forever. Just look at what needs tweaking based on the profession itself, comparing is pointless.

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

in Warrior

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

RushRide the lightning

vigor/swiftness

brawn

hammer toss

underwater downed skills

leap range – HS/Evisc

So what I get from this is you want the warrior to do stuff other classes do lol. Every class is different taking x class skill vs warrior skill that serves similar purpose isn’t a good argument and goes no where. Every class could do this with all their skills.

A Mesmer could say why doesn’t my heal refresh my class mechanic like surge does and why does it depend on how many clones I have. Why do I have to take a trait to remove condition on heal when mending doesn’t need a trait and it removes 2 conditions. It would go on forever. Just look at what needs tweaking based on the profession itself, comparing is pointless.

“You all know Heartseeker. It does very good dmg (to enemys low on HP) and is an incredible gap closer and not effected by cripple/chill.”

Except.. it is effected by both those things.

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

in Warrior

Posted by: Sil.4560

Sil.4560

Ugh. Relying on the ‘group’ defense.
Being babysat by others, requiring others, constantly being surrounded by others is weak and pathetic. People shouldn’t be forced to nut-cup others just to cover up bad design/balance.
(Disclaimer: Just my opinion of course)

Agreed.

Nor should we be expected to just go through ridiculous damage reduction boons with “raw force” or “ask for help” because we don’t want to get shut down by a single condition.

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

Vitality Tree:
5: Empowered:
3% Damage per Boon.

15: Boon Armor:
3% Damage Reduction per Boon.

25: Warlord:
Using a Banner grants you and your allies 15s of Protection and Might. – 1200 Radius.
Using a Shout grants you and your allies 5s of Stability and Regeneration. – 1200 Radius.

(edited by Daecollo.9578)

in Warrior

Posted by: CoaxialMazer.9140

CoaxialMazer.9140

Vitality Tree:
3% Damage per Boon.

Using a Banner grants you and your allies 15s of Protection and Might. – 1200 Radius.
Using a Shout grants you and your allies 5s of Stability and Regeneration. – 1200 Radius.

3% is a bit too much i think on both dmg and damage reduction =P + having those as minor traits will make almost all warriors go for boon builds >.>
Maybe 2% for either one, but i do like the last minor trait. Sadly 5s regeneration will be too OP with healing shouts because of boon duration. Everyone would run 30 tactics with those traits =D

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

Vitality Tree:
2% Damage per Boon.

2% Damage Reduction per Boon.

Using a Banner grants you and your allies 15s of Protection and ‘5’ Might. – 1200 Radius.
Using a Shout grants you and your allies 4s of Stability and Regeneration. – 1200 Radius.

How about that?

in Warrior

CoaxialMazer.9140

I think the first two are fine considering warriors can’t stack a ton load of boons like guardians, but that banner one i just realized is freaking godly o.o

ill just drop 4 banners with 90% boon duration (2 sup water/monk, 2 maj water, 20% food, and 30 in tactics, not to mention 10% more from banner of tactics) You could get almost perma protection and 20 stacks of might for 30~ secs in a whole group of 5.
I think the shout one is ok though, even though I think if anet did it, it would be like 3 sec each, and perhaps either stability or regeneration, not both.

I like your ideas, but its really hard to tweak to not make tactics tree so great, that all the other trees would looks worthless to put points into them. I would definitely run a boon build with these minor traits.

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

I think the first two are fine considering warriors can’t stack a ton load of boons like guardians, but that banner one i just realized is freaking godly o.o

ill just drop 4 banners with 90% boon duration (2 sup water/monk, 2 maj water, 20% food, and 30 in tactics, not to mention 10% more from banner of tactics) You could get almost perma protection and 20 stacks of might for 30~ secs in a whole group of 5.
I think the shout one is ok though, even though I think if anet did it, it would be like 3 sec each, and perhaps either stability or regeneration, not both.

I like your ideas, but its really hard to tweak to not make tactics tree so great, that all the other trees would looks worthless to put points into them. I would definitely run a boon build with these minor traits.

The problem with it is, it is “godly.” but it just means that you have no utility, no stun breaks, nothing to help you. You “are” the leader. Also it has a max target limit of 5, like all other buffs.

in Warrior

CoaxialMazer.9140

I would just run 3 banners, and shake it off with the 20 into tactics for the stability/stun break and it gives regen O.O, still like the idea, but i think you could find a slightly more balanced way to trait for it.

in Warrior

Posted by: Rezzet.3614

Rezzet.3614

the person’s point was the Ele and guardian traits was Minor while warrior was Major.

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

I would just run 3 banners, and shake it off with the 20 into tactics for the stability/stun break and it gives regen O.O, still like the idea, but i think you could find a slightly more balanced way to trait for it.

Vitality Tree:
3% Damage per Boon.

Holding a banner grants 3s of “Protection” every 3 seconds.
Using a Shout grants you and your allies 3s of Stability and Regeneration. – 900 Radius.

in Warrior

Posted by: Lighter.5631

Lighter.5631

….still….warrior does insane damage

“i think it’s an underserved nerf. now we have to slot a stun breaker??”
“berserker stance clears all CC on you and you’re still immune to CC for 8 seconds”
-Excalibur.9748

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

Yeah, but they give up condition removal/healing/defences to do it.

in Warrior

Posted by: Lighter.5631

Lighter.5631

you want those? go play a guardian

“i think it’s an underserved nerf. now we have to slot a stun breaker??”
“berserker stance clears all CC on you and you’re still immune to CC for 8 seconds”
-Excalibur.9748

in Warrior

Posted by: Chill Winston.7263

Chill Winston.7263

Uhhh. Warriors get 12.5 seconds of invulnerability if traited right. .

I was wondering how I would trait my Warrior to get the 12.5 secs of invulnerability. That sounds awesome.

Slater Alligator
Norn Warrior

in Warrior

Posted by: peter.9024

peter.9024

I was wondering how I would trait my Warrior to get the 12.5 secs of invulnerability. That sounds awesome.

endure pain + defy pain + shield block

Skullclamp

in Warrior

Posted by: Lyonell.1753

Lyonell.1753

you want those? go play a guardian

The problem with your statement is, condition removal/healing/defense > insane damage any day.

Conditions make the warrior unable to deal this insane damage, take more damage and loose hp constantly.

Healing allows you to get all that insane damage healed back, also most of this damage come from burst thus after is done and you heal the warrior pretty much becomes a burn battery.

Defense makes insane damage high damage, protection turns high damage into moderate damage. And Aegis turns this moderate damage into a gag of moderate damage.

So before you go with a simple response, like go play X class, take a moment to think balance is the key to success.

Oh I play both sides of the “soldier” type class, honestly the only thing I wish I had from guardians is their animations…most of the warrior animations make us miss our attacks due to the the lay down of the map. While a guardian simply gets there magically, so he barely suffers from this.

in Warrior

Posted by: purpleskies.3274

purpleskies.3274

The only one I will comment on is the Ride the Lightening. It should be affected by cripple, chill ect. rather than redoing all charge skills.

in Warrior

Posted by: Ivanov.8914

Ivanov.8914

endure pain + defy pain + shield block

That only counts if the duration was fixed to be the proper one(displayed in the tooltip), instead of being 3s each.So both would give 6s , which isn’t all that much considering you can still receive conditions and cond. damage still hurts you.