what this work for a condi bunker build?

in Warrior

Posted by: Cerby.1069

Cerby.1069

WvsW i guess would be the main intent given thats all i rly care about. Solo roam and small group fightings.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vJQQNAU8fnMdAdhgtkCmkCEliltA7Nz+ZLtI/tAQoTJGU6aBA-TVjAQB0UJ4EuAAJ4gEwvDgw5OgAHTDDAeAAZb/hTp+Ti0N0hDEAHOCAkU5XAAEgbezkZZGMexLexLexzMn5Mn5MnZpA6bsF-w

healing signet replaced with defiant stance mbe so i dont have a problem with being focus killed.

engage with rifle…and go from there.

I kill you in one gunflame, or I kill you in two.
The Tiny Yuno Sniper of Ebay [EBAY]

(edited by Cerby.1069)

in Warrior

Posted by: Cygnus.6903

Cygnus.6903

It’s bad. Rifle sucks if you go full condi. Like, there is no way to make it work, the only skill you want to use on it is the Berserk burst. You basically have 1 weapon set if you go for this.

I only state my opinion unless stated otherwise.
Hulk Roaming Montages/Build Vids
I always rage but never quit.

in Warrior

Posted by: Cerby.1069

Cerby.1069

so….if i go longbow it becomes good? constructive advice plzes.

ive seen other condi users use rifle in the past. worked for them.
Its gunflame, rifle 2 4 5 that are useful. Engage with rifle, throws them off with what ur running…..when they get close switch and lay in the pain. When they run switch to rifle and gunflame them.

I kill you in one gunflame, or I kill you in two.
The Tiny Yuno Sniper of Ebay [EBAY]

in Warrior

Posted by: Cygnus.6903

Cygnus.6903

so….if i go longbow it becomes good? constructive advice plzes.

ive seen other condi users use rifle in the past. worked for them.
Its gunflame, rifle 2 4 5 that are useful. Engage with rifle, throws them off with what ur running…..when they get close switch and lay in the pain. When they run switch to rifle and gunflame them.

I am convinced that the ones that made it work don’t run Dire. They run Sinister or Vipers so you get benefits from both the hard hitting attack and the burn.

Longbow blows in WvW, as enemies will just move out of your fire fields. Still, probably better then rifle if you are deadset on full Dire.

Your element of surprise won’t compensate for the fact that you don’t have enough cover condi’s to make the burn work well.

Mace seems to be the #1 weapon when it comes to condi warrior right now.

I only state my opinion unless stated otherwise.
Hulk Roaming Montages/Build Vids
I always rage but never quit.

in Warrior

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

I’d probably add more condi to my gunflame, and get far more gunflame uptime into my play.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vJQQNAU8fnMdAdhg9dAmkCElileAzIA0CXaKJuwXY4d6udHvA-TVjAQBHTDDJV+dK1fmwFAAAPAAOcEASwBJgfHAhOcgASkuBaqE8cHQgst/QAAEgbezkZZGMexLexLexzMn5Mn5MnZpA6bsF-w

Probably better off taking GS for mobility so you can engage/disengage better.

(edited by Ross Biddle.2367)

in Warrior

Posted by: emkelly.2371

emkelly.2371

Cerby. i think most people on this thread are correct. this is a bad build. like, really bad. Rifle is crap for condi, and it synergies in no way with sword torch. but there is more to it than that. Warriors can;t bunker. Yes we have great direct damage mitigation now, for about (does math, 4+4+3+3+2+2+2) 20 seconds when running sheild and mace. And we have about 18 seconds of resistance with berserker’s stance+healing signet. We have great access to stability and we have great heal, but the problem is that all of our healing is passive, and once we are out of our blocks and endure pains we are vulverable and there is nothing we can do about it except run away. We can stand in a fight and win the fing, but we can’t truly bunker.

If you want to attempt to bunker as a warrior you need somthing to counteract your weakness. The best way to do this is probably stunning your enemy so they cannot hurt you. unfortunately the warrior’s best CC weapon is horribly bugged in the only skill that really matters (earthshaker has a god awful bug where it delays the cast for about 1.5 seconds most of the time.)

in Warrior

Posted by: Fivedawgs.4267

Fivedawgs.4267

Idk about wvw but I know a warrior who got to legendary using rifle lb in spvp, and as to which amulet he uses * sunset er or whatever) I have no idea.

in Warrior

Posted by: emkelly.2371

emkelly.2371

Forum bug!!!!!!!!

in Warrior

Posted by: CntrlAltDefeat.1465

CntrlAltDefeat.1465

It’s bad. Rifle sucks if you go full condi. Like, there is no way to make it work, the only skill you want to use on it is the Berserk burst. You basically have 1 weapon set if you go for this.

You have just described condi mace perfectly. It only has one condition application on the berserker burst.

in Warrior

Posted by: Ghotistyx.6942

Ghotistyx.6942

With Strength, every cc you have applies bleeding and weakness, and interrupts apply confusion. So now you just need sources of hard cc to be a condi build. Mace+Shield has plenty, and Rifle has a low cd knockback, two if in Berserk with Gunflame. Even Hammer has enough. Skull Grinder and Gunflame condi applications are icing (albeit very important icing) on the cake. It’s also worth mentioning Mace and Rifle heavily rely on Power damage without the specific Strength traits Berserker, so having a hybrid stat set (like Carrion or Vipers) would be beneficial. This should all be known, I just wanted to reiterate.

With that being said, I wouldn’t play something like Mace/Rifle as a bunker, but you could probably get away with it as a skirmisher. As I imagine it, you’d probably want Strength/Defense/Berserker which would give you your condi applications, access to hard cc, reflects for your mace and shield, sustain, and other tools to make something work.

Fishsticks