why nerfing "Burst Mastery" ?

in Warrior

Posted by: Juba.8406

Juba.8406

Q:

i don’t get it , i might understand nerfing hammer/mace burst , but this is a global nerf to Warrior profession.

in Warrior

Posted by: Gasoline.2570

Gasoline.2570

It’s just a silly nerf to end hammer spam. Of course everything else is ignored, so as long as the hammer goes.

The balance team is chained to SPVP, and the PVE team is all about producing carnivals

in Warrior

Posted by: Faranox.4217

Faranox.4217

How much damage is lost from the 3% decrease? It seems minor to me.

Chops Mcgee, of Anvil Rock

in Warrior

Posted by: a t s e.9614

a t s e.9614

It’s 7% nerf and they said it will give no more.adrenaline back I think .

in Warrior

Posted by: Scoobaniec.9561

Scoobaniec.9561

I don’t really understand what they said about adrenaline, but if thats true, this trait no longer will be viable and they can just simply delete it of the game.

Too many nerfs just to silense forum whiners.

in Warrior

Posted by: redslion.9675

redslion.9675

I don’t really understand what they said about adrenaline, but if thats true, this trait no longer will be viable and they can just simply delete it of the game.

Too many nerfs just to silense forum whiners.

They just corrected the tooltip.

The tooltip said Burst Mastery reduced burst skill cost AND refunded 15 adrenaline. That was not true. They’ll remove the 15 adrenaline part from the tooltip.

The only difference between old and new burst mastery is that now it increases burst damage by 10%. New Burst mastery will increase damage by 7%. No big deal.

You will never be able to know what an engineer is going to do next…

because he doesn’t know it himself

in Warrior

Posted by: deathTouch.9706

deathTouch.9706

It’s not a big deal for general war builds, it does compound slightly with hammer nerfs, as hammer dmg was in large part due to crits generated by UF off of ES.

V deathTouch V – Warrior
STD [Scarlet Gave Me Harpies]
Maguuma

in Warrior

Posted by: Mosharn.8357

Mosharn.8357

there goes the only weapon i used since release. Thanks noobs

in Warrior

Posted by: shishike.3958

shishike.3958

i will survive to tell my grandson what they do to warrior.

in Warrior

Posted by: Juba.8406

Juba.8406

How much damage is lost from the 3% decrease? It seems minor to me.

that is my point, 3% might be minor indeed so why even touching it in the first place ? , isn’t -20% Earth shaker already enough ?

in Warrior

Posted by: Ambrecombe.4398

Ambrecombe.4398

They are doing a big mistake, Burst Mastery has always refunded adrenaline points. It is in fact the combination of our previous 2 Grandmaster traits wich were seperatly a cooldown reduction on our burst skill and a decrease cost of adrenaline (wich was actualy a refund) wich got merged together in a patch.

Somehow we only get 1/3 of our adrenaline back instead of the previous 1/2 when they decided to rework our Brawn into a cooldown reduction for Burst skills and now they are willingly going to remove this from our Grandmaster trait judging it as a erronated tooltip value…

(edited by Ambrecombe.4398)

in Warrior

Posted by: Faranox.4217

Faranox.4217

I would think so Juba!

Ambrecombe, you bring up a good point about Burst Mastery. Looking at the Adrenal Reserves trait on the wiki page it states that the adrenaline refunded was about 1.5 bars. With Burst Mastery we regain 1 bar.

Burst Mastery’s tooltip states we gain 15 Adrenaline, however we only gain 10. As such this will fix the broken tooltip. Whether or not it should refund 15 like Adrenal Reserves did is another issue, a very tangled one considering all the changes revolving around Burst Mastery and the Discipline tree.

Chops Mcgee, of Anvil Rock

in Warrior

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

They are doing a big mistake, Burst Mastery has always refunded adrenaline points. It is in fact the combination of our previous 2 Grandmaster traits wich were seperatly a cooldown reduction on our burst skill and a decrease cost of adrenaline (wich was actualy a refund) wich got merged together in a patch.

Somehow we only get 1/3 of our adrenaline back instead of the previous 1/2 when they decided to rework our Brawn into a cooldown reduction for Burst skills and now they are willingly going to remove this from our Grandmaster trait judging it as a erronated tooltip value…

Do you even read the tooltip? They are not removing ANYTHING that it does, they are removing garbage text that shouldn’t be there.

Cost Reduction: 33% -> working as intended and staying on tooltip
Damage Increase: 10% -> being adjusted to 7% (which is basically pointless because of how minor a change to your dps it is)
Adrenaline: 15 -> This text is being removed as this is not something the trait currently does. It would be really dumb if activating a level 1 burst gave you back 15 adrenaline while only costing 7.

in Warrior

Posted by: Ambrecombe.4398

Ambrecombe.4398

Do you even read the tooltip? They are not removing ANYTHING that it does, they are removing garbage text that shouldn’t be there.

Cost Reduction: 33% -> working as intended and staying on tooltip
Damage Increase: 10% -> being adjusted to 7% (which is basically pointless because of how minor a change to your dps it is)
Adrenaline: 15 -> This text is being removed as this is not something the trait currently does. It would be really dumb if activating a level 1 burst gave you back 15 adrenaline while only costing 7.

Well I have to bring you some news, it was never a cost reduction but in reality a refund based on your adrenal level. 5 adrenaline for each stage (from release until burst revamp) wich later became 10 adrenaline at stage 3.

Now they maybe modified the way it worked, but I know for instance it would be easier to refund a fixed amount of adrenaline instead of reducing the cost of it by 33%, especialy when you are working on a table of 30.

Do you know what happens when you divide 10 or 20 by 3, you get infinite numbers that gives you a crap load of useless information you could have ignored if you had selected a fixed value in the first place.

So technicaly they should fix the tooltip information by saying it refunds adrenaline depending on your adrenal level instead of decreasing the cost of your burst skills because that information seems unlikely to be true, and i’m also pretty sure they would never totaly change a skill mechanic to make it work in a very similar way, that would be pointless.