zerker is utter trash and I'm done with it.

in Warrior

Posted by: Ath.2531

Ath.2531

I tried, I really tried to like my main again, who i’ve spent over 2500 hours on. I still find myself trying to play as warrior but I just can’t make myself stick with it for longer than a few minutes at a time.

Berserker is so repulsive as an elite spec that we are better of without it. But why?

- absolutely selfish play that offers nothing a reaper or revenant can’t. Damage is great if you can actually hit enough to build the kitten adrenaline which decays like freakin plutonium within seconds and when wefinally do manage to berserk, our burst abilities are practically downgrades. Hammer, bow burst? OMFG ballerina on steroids.

- Don’t you dare activate zerker stance out of combat. Its like trying to get angry, but instead you become aroused and finally you find inner peace. Our passive heals are horrible and our active condition removal is absurd, requiring a hit to take effect.

- No group support. My DH can shield the whole group with shield of courage from all dmg for like 6 seconds? And that’s 1 ability! DH heal our group with our heal virtue, trap enemies, mobility is superb and you never have to feel helpless.

kittens

Commander Athrael ThunderBorn
GM of Crew of Misfits (CoM)
Piken Square, EU

in Warrior

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

Its like trying to get angry, but instead you become aroused and finally you find inner peace

lol.

in Warrior

Posted by: TheFibrewire.6845

TheFibrewire.6845

have you tried ever one shotting Arrowheads and boneheads? you can stun em with Mace burst skill in one go.

entire break bar just gone.

man Berzerkers is epic, with mace Shield its epic, the Leap ability is invaluble in PVP combined with warrior sprint for me.

I am enjoying Berserker a lot, yeah but many players are not liking it, i feel berserker should give and increased damage boost for few moments at least

in Warrior

Posted by: Warlord.9074

Warlord.9074

should give and increased damage boost for few moments at least

no thats not the problem or the solution.

“Just press 2 to win all the dps was us cuz we’re a
warrior and we’re the best class” Eugene

in Warrior

Posted by: Warlord.9074

Warlord.9074

The adrin changes were bad changes when they were implemented. They were implemented because some lazy player who was also bad suggested anet to do it at some party in las vegas and they listened to them.

“Just press 2 to win all the dps was us cuz we’re a
warrior and we’re the best class” Eugene

in Warrior

Posted by: Scott Lockharte.3412

Scott Lockharte.3412

- absolutely selfish play that offers nothing a reaper or revenant can’t.

Sorry, that first line just needs to be quoted here.

What are you on? Reapers/Necromancers have been complaining about a literal 0 support since launch, Even now we have nothing but damage, a projectile reflect, boonrips/condi control, vampiric aura which does a whole 30-damage / 30 healing per hit, break-bar smashing and being pretty tanky, most of which has been largely useless for 3 years now. Saying we produce anything but that is a flat out lie, there’s absolutely nothing else we do

And no, moving downed corpses isn’t majorly useful, yet…

-Random guy who hangs out in the necro forums

(edited by Scott Lockharte.3412)

in Warrior

Posted by: Shala.8352

Shala.8352

I tried, I really tried to like my main again, who i’ve spent over 2500 hours on. I still find myself trying to play as warrior but I just can’t make myself stick with it for longer than a few minutes at a time.

Berserker is so repulsive as an elite spec that we are better of without it. But why?

- absolutely selfish play that offers nothing a reaper or revenant can’t. Damage is great if you can actually hit enough to build the kitten adrenaline which decays like freakin plutonium within seconds and when wefinally do manage to berserk, our burst abilities are practically downgrades. Hammer, bow burst? OMFG ballerina on steroids.

- Don’t you dare activate zerker stance out of combat. Its like trying to get angry, but instead you become aroused and finally you find inner peace. Our passive heals are horrible and our active condition removal is absurd, requiring a hit to take effect.

- No group support. My DH can shield the whole group with shield of courage from all dmg for like 6 seconds? And that’s 1 ability! DH heal our group with our heal virtue, trap enemies, mobility is superb and you never have to feel helpless.

kittens

yea man enjoy your warrior, i enjoy it so much with my 5k+ hours on warrior and like 3k+ duel training to be pwned by noobs carried by class/build. I can feel your frustrating… and it’s even more frustrating if you go watch other classes streams, like a mesmer or a a druid or a DH one, and then you discover those people that you cant beat in duel are pressing skills with mouse and beeing slow like my grandmother, and even not ever watching at any of the opponent animation, their movements are random because any skill they trow will hit no matter what is their positioning, randomly dodging and randomly proccing blind/aegis/evades/weakness.

Speaking about “our main cleanse”, is only 2 years i say cleansing ire is the kittentiest cleanse mechanic could have been done in this game, but even warriors keep saying that is ok loosing all adrenaline for nothing, and having a cleanse countered in fact by a condition (blind) and having the most telegraphed skills as a main cleanser. Other class just resolve by pressing a button without caring to hit, but okay… we need to hit with our telegraphed burt… OKAY

Speaking about revenant, i have tried it and ye has many evades, but when hit by condition is in the same spot as warrior, except for having better healing skills. And his skills are more immediate, i mean… UA has in fact no telegraph, meaning the time you read his animation you already have been hit by the skill. And so why should it do more damage than my full zerk full dps build eviscerate phoned skill?

in Warrior

Posted by: Gandlos.5470

Gandlos.5470

Damage is great if you can actually hit enough to build the kitten adrenaline which decays like freakin plutonium within seconds and when wefinally do manage to berserk, our burst abilities are practically downgrades. Hammer, bow burst? OMFG ballerina on steroids.

I disagree. Adrenaline is something that you can build quite easy. You could activate “To the Limit” or “Signet of Fury” right at the start of a fight so you got enough to berserk. It only decays if you are out of combat. You can easily use berserk and burst 3-5 times before berserk is canceled and you can have it almost all the time on cooldown because of the usage. And about the downgrades. I dont know how you think they are downgrades. Yes some of them have a changed hit range like bow and hammer but they offer a lot more in exchange of this. The hammer primal burst grants 2 sec immobilize and 1/2 sec daze and you just need 10 adrenaline but the hammer burst deals at 10 adrenaline only 1 sec stun. The primal burst is much better for break bars then the normal burst.

Our passive heals are horrible and our active condition removal is absurd, requiring a hit to take effect.

That always depends which traits and skills you use. Warrior have not much condi cleanse from the beginning if you ignore runes etc. That was anets design intention.

in Warrior

Posted by: Jzaku.9765

Jzaku.9765

Damage is great if you can actually hit enough to build the kitten adrenaline which decays like freakin plutonium within seconds and when wefinally do manage to berserk, our burst abilities are practically downgrades. Hammer, bow burst? OMFG ballerina on steroids.

I disagree. Adrenaline is something that you can build quite easy. You could activate “To the Limit” or “Signet of Fury” right at the start of a fight so you got enough to berserk. It only decays if you are out of combat. You can easily use berserk and burst 3-5 times before berserk is canceled and you can have it almost all the time on cooldown because of the usage. And about the downgrades. I dont know how you think they are downgrades. Yes some of them have a changed hit range like bow and hammer but they offer a lot more in exchange of this. The hammer primal burst grants 2 sec immobilize and 1/2 sec daze and you just need 10 adrenaline but the hammer burst deals at 10 adrenaline only 1 sec stun. The primal burst is much better for break bars then the normal burst.

Our passive heals are horrible and our active condition removal is absurd, requiring a hit to take effect.

That always depends which traits and skills you use. Warrior have not much condi cleanse from the beginning if you ignore runes etc. That was anets design intention.

I swear 50% of the problem of anet not hearing our complaints is the PvE players replying to every thread that berserker is fine in PvE. Thanks, did you know that the sky gets lighter in the mornings? Wasn’t it really obvious from the context of that post that he was referring entirely about PvP? Who has e v e r needed to slot Cleansing Ire in PvE, much less have any problem landing burst skills on brainless PvE mobs?

Sorry, my anger isn’t directed at you in particular, I’ve just been reading so many of posts like yours that can’t immediately tell the distinction between PvP and PvE contexts and post stuff like “berkserker is fine, I can apply 25 burn on world bosses” etc etc etc

It’s stuff like this that made Anet buff Berserker damage mods as if that was EVER the problem with Berserker.

in Warrior

Posted by: cryorion.9532

cryorion.9532

I am tired of it too. I tried dueling with it but… It is only good for fun gameplay if you don’t mind dying all the time because of no sustain… and that is all.
I am really disappointed, they buffed the damage and that is exactly what warrior does not need…

in Warrior

Posted by: emkelly.2371

emkelly.2371

I am tired of it too. I tried dueling with it but… It is only good for fun gameplay if you don’t mind dying all the time because of no sustain… and that is all.
I am really disappointed, they buffed the damage and that is exactly what warrior does not need…

And there lies the true problem with warrior. No sustain. it does not healp that there are so many interrupts and stuns flying about now. does anyone remember when stuns were something that showed up once in a blue moon? yeah they were scary because the took skill to pull off. The warriors main strength is combos off their skills. Earthshaker+Backbreaker+Hundred Blades for example. But now I get blind/interrupted/stunned in the middle of the combo chain every time. now not only is my combo chain broken, but i’m stun locked. Dogged march or not, my skill skill go on cool down and I cannot move. And sure, I have stun breaks…on 30-60 second cooldowns!

Take a good hard look at the warrior utility skills. look at their cool-downs. and to make maters worse, the ones we use the most cannot be reduced. Thats right, you cannot reduce the cooldowns on stances or banners. Hell, you cannot even make banners do damage anymore!

Anet has made a huge mistake with the warrior.

in Warrior

Posted by: wolverine.5164

wolverine.5164

kittens

Mate i totally understand your pain… but don’t give up on warriors, be like me, im hiding in a courner in maguma jungle waiting for this absurd piece of kitten “balance” ends…

in Warrior

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

im sad about the current state of warriors. I logged my war last night to get some hero pts in Maguuma on the faint hope that ANET will balance wars properly at some point.

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

in Warrior

Posted by: Dominus.6513

Dominus.6513

OP, that’s exactly how I feel about zerker. I tried it out again for about 10 minutes last night to see if the changes made it any better, nope.

Was really hoping for some better group support options with this elite spec, it’s far too selfish.

in Warrior

Posted by: WhiteOil.1836

WhiteOil.1836

have you tried ever one shotting Arrowheads and boneheads? you can stun em with Mace burst skill in one go.

entire break bar just gone.

man Berzerkers is epic, with mace Shield its epic, the Leap ability is invaluble in PVP combined with warrior sprint for me.

I am enjoying Berserker a lot, yeah but many players are not liking it, i feel berserker should give and increased damage boost for few moments at least

you are part of the reason warrior is in a terrible spot STOP SAYING ITS GOOD more importantly warriors DONT need damage modifiers WE ALREADY HAVE 7 billion of them

in Warrior

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

Reading warrior forum i found 2 issues people complained about. First was lack of sustain – well thats obvious thing which plagued warrior since launch really unless you played shoutbot.

Second complain was why one would go for berserker line when strenght provides higher dps? They buffed dps in berserker and wars are like..we dindt asked for it..the hypocrisy is real.

Imo 50% dmg reduction during berserker mode is all that this elite spec really need to finally break out of stances.

Ps. gunflame needs animation.

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

in Warrior

Posted by: lighter.2708

lighter.2708

Second complain was why one would go for berserker line when strenght provides higher dps? They buffed dps in berserker and wars are like..we dindt asked for it..the hypocrisy is real.

Yea, just buff berserker dps, make strength line pointless just so people will take berserker line, mhm

in Warrior

Posted by: Thuggernaut.1250

Thuggernaut.1250

And there lies the true problem with warrior. No sustain. it does not healp that there are so many interrupts and stuns flying about now. does anyone remember when stuns were something that showed up once in a blue moon? yeah they were scary because the took skill to pull off. The warriors main strength is combos off their skills. Earthshaker+Backbreaker+Hundred Blades for example. But now I get blind/interrupted/stunned in the middle of the combo chain every time. now not only is my combo chain broken, but i’m stun locked. Dogged march or not, my skill skill go on cool down and I cannot move. And sure, I have stun breaks…on 30-60 second cooldowns!

Take a good hard look at the warrior utility skills. look at their cool-downs. and to make maters worse, the ones we use the most cannot be reduced. Thats right, you cannot reduce the cooldowns on stances or banners. Hell, you cannot even make banners do damage anymore!

Anet has made a huge mistake with the warrior.

Perfectly stated. If you don’t carry at least two stunbreaks, you’re finished with so much stun flying around. But if you blow all your cooldowns on hammer trying to CC the enemy (especially Eles, Mesmers, and Guardians, the typical suspects), they carry limitless low-cooldown stunbreaks to disrupt your combos.

Even after continuous nerfs, Warrior always used to be the king of CC. Now, after the expansion dropped, Warrior is the prime victim of CC.

in Warrior

Posted by: NiloyBardhan.9170

NiloyBardhan.9170

It’s not just the excessive stuns, add to that Anet added so much blind spam mechanics to other classes. Blind, if used properly, can negate a powerful attack but now instead, they are in excessive use and this completely neutralizes a warrior’s ability to contribute in a battle. Once zerker stance runs out the warrior is toast.

14 80s – Niloy Bardhan (warr) ¦ Cute Asura Niloy (guard) ¦ Madhumita Bardhan (ele)
“Owner of the rarest items in Tyria” Legendary collector 8/5 – 300% base MF
Yak’s Bend website – yaks-bend.enjin.com (temporary) #YakForever #YB4LYFE

in Warrior

Posted by: online.1278

online.1278

no. Problem is not on warrior but relies on other classes.

They do too much blind, too much block, too much attack while dodging, too much invisible traps stuffs.

And i am sure that is what should be nerfed and it will make warrior viable again.

The Korean Gamer (Best Warrior NA)
My Stream : http://www.twitch.tv/eSportsKorea see me vs Tarcis, Chaith, Crysis and etc!

in Warrior

Posted by: Rekt.5360

Rekt.5360

They do too much blind, too much block, too much attack while dodging, too much invisible traps stuffs.

And i am sure that is what should be nerfed and it will make warrior viable again.

Yes lol, people shouldn’t ask for buffs to wars we should be asking for a more level playing field, which currently isn’t the case at all. Srsly OP’s post made me cringe a bit, 2.5k hours on war and he can’t make it work, what? if in 2.5k hours you haven’t gotten completely familiar with the great majority of your class, no scratch that, if you haven’t become practically a MASTER of your class then there’s a problem. I personally feel like berserker is far from being as bad as people make it out to be. It’s warriors that are in such a state, not berserker.

Vanov {Warrior} ~ Still waiting for “Guide on Making Proper ||#1 Warr NA|| Sig”

in Warrior

Posted by: CntrlAltDefeat.1465

CntrlAltDefeat.1465

Agreed. The amount of invulnerability/blind spam/blocks triggering into more blocks has left warrior dead in the water. Couple this with well telegraphed skills and bursts that only produce below average numbers have left warrior in a state either under development or everyone else in a state of over development. The irony is that anet has post a well written document about placing good feedback to help them develop various aspects of the game. In response many players have followed these guide lines and stated from the out skirts that berserker in theory is new, but not what was needed. I hope in time this feedback will be regularly reviewed to take warrior in a new and interesting direction. It is kinda sad that many people would have worked hard and creatively to create berserker and that the warrior community has just not taken to it. I appreciate the increase in damage they recently gave, but these increases only left berserker slightly closer to strength line,..which is still currently very lack luster in the current meta.

in Warrior

Posted by: GreyWraith.8394

GreyWraith.8394

I swear 50% of the problem of anet not hearing our complaints is the PvE players replying to every thread that berserker is fine in PvE. Thanks, did you know that the sky gets lighter in the mornings? Wasn’t it really obvious from the context of that post that he was referring entirely about PvP? Who has e v e r needed to slot Cleansing Ire in PvE, much less have any problem landing burst skills on brainless PvE mobs?

Sorry, my anger isn’t directed at you in particular, I’ve just been reading so many of posts like yours that can’t immediately tell the distinction between PvP and PvE contexts and post stuff like “berkserker is fine, I can apply 25 burn on world bosses” etc etc etc

It’s stuff like this that made Anet buff Berserker damage mods as if that was EVER the problem with Berserker.

… clearly the problem is people who fail to understand unspecified ranting. It’s not like someone could be expected to say what they are upset about when breaking into a rage-quit tirade.

End of the Dream by Evanescence
unofficial theme song of the Nightmare Court

in Warrior

Posted by: Raider.4283

Raider.4283

In my opinion, as a wvw player my experience has been mostly poor with berserker. After weeks of trying different builds I just cannot find anything that works well enough to warrant continuing to play. Growing a little tired – maybe I’m impatient? I am just going to stop playing until more is done to balance other professions.

Good luck to those who are still holding on, and well done to those who found something that works for them.

in Warrior

Posted by: online.1278

online.1278

Agreed. The amount of invulnerability/blind spam/blocks triggering into more blocks has left warrior dead in the water. Couple this with well telegraphed skills and bursts that only produce below average numbers have left warrior in a state either under development or everyone else in a state of over development. The irony is that anet has post a well written document about placing good feedback to help them develop various aspects of the game. In response many players have followed these guide lines and stated from the out skirts that berserker in theory is new, but not what was needed. I hope in time this feedback will be regularly reviewed to take warrior in a new and interesting direction. It is kinda sad that many people would have worked hard and creatively to create berserker and that the warrior community has just not taken to it. I appreciate the increase in damage they recently gave, but these increases only left berserker slightly closer to strength line,..which is still currently very lack luster in the current meta.

yeah, warriors can still dmg a lot. the problem is landing dmg or not but current system, has too much random blind, random evading attack, random blocks, random stuffs that makes warrior really hard to successfully land attacks.

Even though fast hand become base line, i don’t think it can solve the problem.
They just need to nerf all other stuffs of all other classes. Buffing war for more damage or fast hand will not solve the problem.

The Korean Gamer (Best Warrior NA)
My Stream : http://www.twitch.tv/eSportsKorea see me vs Tarcis, Chaith, Crysis and etc!

in Warrior

Posted by: KhainPride.3987

KhainPride.3987

lol

I have little to no problems dueling on my warrior(non berserker, still not specing my 250 hero points…anet can take it away from my warrior classes for all i care)

I think most people play warrior in this new meta a bit the wrong way( i main warrior and only play warrior). We warriors cant sustain in this new burst op meta and condi buffed meta.

Think about that and you will have no problems in winning most of your duels.

How about you go roaming with no stability and 0 condi cleanse. You will learn there is more to it than cleansing condis and having stun breaks.

Pre patch jun 23rd, I roamed for 3 months with 0 stability/stun breaks and 0 condi cleanse. I used the endurance regen food that give might on dodge with full berserkers armor.

This patch after june 23rd, I use brawler recovery for roaming with axe shield and 0 condi cleanse when using rifle(use DoE). Still full zerkers( I also raid with full zerkers as well, frontline(sword/wh and hammer + shouts)). I also raid full zerkers using hammer/gs and gs/rifle where I prefer hammer/gs with frenzy as my stun breaker.

Out play the enemy and kill them in one perfect motion. You will be the winner end of the day

I been in T1,T3(T2 duels as well),T4,T5 and T7 in Wvw where in tier 7, people actually gave a better fight than the guys in higher tier

Anet needs to redesign warrior elite spec or just spit it out from their mouth that they just wanted to make a condi elite spec

edit: I did play thief/guardian(lvl 80) but i deleted my thief and guardian because easy mode LOL

(edited by KhainPride.3987)

in Warrior

Posted by: DresdenAllblack.1249

DresdenAllblack.1249

The dodge mechanic is the most important skill in GW2. They will only add more damage while dodging skills.

It at least teaches kids where that button is.

Angelina is free game again.
Crystal Desert

in Warrior

Posted by: Gambino.2109

Gambino.2109

I agree.. this spec can not be saved.. unless the class is reworked to a better synergy.

I will never use this spec.. and I have only see maybe one or two people in pvp use a berserker and get absolutely destroyed by other classes.

A shame.. I was actually hoping after I got my 400 HP to unlock it I would enjoy it.. kinda ruined a few things, but it’s what ever.

in Warrior

Posted by: Arewn.2368

Arewn.2368

PVE-context
Been running Strength/Tactics/Berserker, with greatsword mace/shield. Mace shield offers good survivability and melts break-bars, especially topped off with Head Bash and Wild Blow (which help with adrenaline too). GS synergizes well with Berserk, gets those 100Blades off really smoothly. Arc Divider has some nice range on it and is fairly spammable for nice damage.

For groups, you’re pumping out lots of might, Empower Allies, and can bring your banner as usual. Your personal DPS is pretty good with Berserker’s damage traits (7% dmg and 7% prec as fero, plus while in berserk an extra 10% dmg, 15% atk spd, and 14% prec as fero).

There’s problems, but it’s serviceable.

in Warrior

Posted by: slamfunction.7462

slamfunction.7462

Its like this: In every MMO, you have “Flavor of the Month” classes. Warrior hit their peak about a year ago, and were really good at everything, and then Healing Signet nerfs, and 100b nerfs, and well. The Warrior has a bit of kitten for dev, so when ya add that altogether, its not surprising things have gone south. BUT, on the bright side, we do play multiple classes, and can hope to whatever the FotM currently is. Thats like MMORPG 101. I don’t agree with it, but its just how these things work.

To those of you making warrior a go in the new HoT areas, my hat is off to you. Great job guys!

Arena Nets are used to catch Gladiator Fish.

in Warrior

Posted by: Jzaku.9765

Jzaku.9765

Its like this: In every MMO, you have “Flavor of the Month” classes. Warrior hit their peak about a year ago, and were really good at everything, and then Healing Signet nerfs, and 100b nerfs, and well. The Warrior has a bit of kitten for dev, so when ya add that altogether, its not surprising things have gone south. BUT, on the bright side, we do play multiple classes, and can hope to whatever the FotM currently is. Thats like MMORPG 101. I don’t agree with it, but its just how these things work.

To those of you making warrior a go in the new HoT areas, my hat is off to you. Great job guys!

Warrior can function perfectly fine in any aspect of HoT’s PvE (minus raids because we don’t know anything about them yet and herald might outclass us)

I did notice getting the Elite specializations on (Herald, Tempest, Chrono) so far that they are all capable of soloing Hero Challenges EASILY where Warrior can’t because they just have so many more tools accessible to them. Herald is especially disgusting because they can solo instantly destroy breakbars with Staff 5 and have a ridiculous Evade/Block uptime on Sword/Shield. Warrior just by and large facetanks doing high damage but now in PvE that’s not enough to perform up to par with the other classes anymore, ever since HoT added actual challenging content in the open world.

I g-guess it’s still fun activating the Berserker heal in a mob and getting full spike heals every time I get off an Arcing Sear