1 vs 2 PvP

1 vs 2 PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Nobody.2574

Nobody.2574

What is the point of PvPing, when the put you into a match by yourself against two other players? Really?

I mean, get real! What is the point?

1 vs 2 PvP

in PvP

Posted by: tOss.9024

tOss.9024

Ummm. Leave and go to another server?

1 vs 2 PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Chaos.5893

Chaos.5893

I have won 2 vs 1 games numerous times.

Whats the point? the point is to learn to win those 2 vs 1’s.

1 vs 4 is where it really gets challenging.

Illuminated One

1 vs 2 PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Braxxus.2904

Braxxus.2904

What is the point of PvPing, when the put you into a match by yourself against two other players? Really?

I mean, get real! What is the point?

If you’re a thief, mesmer or d/d ele you can pull this off easily and consistently. If not then yeah it probably sucks but if you can switch to one of those classes then it might be a fun opportunity to perfect the 1vX capability of those classes for future use.

Blackwater Vanguard
Yaks Bend

1 vs 2 PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Khyras.8021

Khyras.8021

PvP should be done like in other MMOs.You can only enter 1 match at the time and when it is finished you must reenter queue for next match.If you leave match at any point you get deserter debuff and cannot enter pvp for a certain amount of time.The way things work atm , there is no deserter debuff in spvp because you got to next map automatically and you must be able to exit pvp when you get bored or have no more time to play or dont want to play certain map.Which means most matches will be with uneven number of players and you cannot win against larger number because even if you kill someone he gets rezed in few seconds.Entire spvp system is faulty at its core.

1 vs 2 PvP

in PvP

Posted by: smug.3895

smug.3895

PvP should be done like in other MMOs.You can only enter 1 match at the time and when it is finished you must reenter queue for next match.If you leave match at any point you get deserter debuff and cannot enter pvp for a certain amount of time.The way things work atm , there is no deserter debuff in spvp because you got to next map automatically and you must be able to exit pvp when you get bored or have no more time to play or dont want to play certain map.Which means most matches will be with uneven number of players and you cannot win against larger number because even if you kill someone he gets rezed in few seconds.Entire spvp system is faulty at its core.

I see spvp as a very casual, test your build kind of thing. Hence, I actually like that it’s not that serious. I think it encourages more people to try it out since winning is not important. The next step would be the free tpvp.

Any debuff for losing would definitely be a bad idea. I would have permanent debuffs for getting stuck in loading screens every fifteen minutes. People who are stuck in 1v2s and want out would also be debuffed. People trying spvp until their tournament opens would get a debuff… There are too many issues right now to implement such a design.

I would like to see the winning spvp groups stay the same for the next map and tally consecutive victories like in gw1.

1 vs 2 PvP

in PvP

Posted by: CENSOR.6081

CENSOR.6081

Can I have your autograph?

Sign it to; Shet, Furlov.

Thanks.

1 vs 2 PvP

in PvP

Posted by: MindlessRuff.1948

MindlessRuff.1948

If they implement a deserter debuff, what the hell am I going to do while waiting for tPvP queues? Not like I can duel people in the mists.

1 vs 2 PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Seeinred.4651

Seeinred.4651

They are making changes soon. https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/structured-pvp-iceberg/

The custom arenas should help the casual and serious players.

If you are in a match where it is 2v1 you should take advantage of it and learn your potential with your profession. Do that until next time you come across 2v1 it doesnt bother you. Or just leave and join a different server to your liking.

Conspiracy Thëory- sPvP
Seeinred -Wv3
Dragonbrand sPvP/Wv3 ~Mesmer

1 vs 2 PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Warjin.8942

Warjin.8942

When this happens we all ways end up just having duels for fun

1 vs 2 PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Moz.8264

Moz.8264

This guy.

1 vs 2 PvP

in PvP

Posted by: OGDeadHead.8326

OGDeadHead.8326

God has spoken.

Win10 pro | Xeon 5650 @ 4 GHz | R9 280x toxic | 24 Gig Ram | Process Lasso user

1 vs 2 PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Embershard.7294

Embershard.7294

like Chaos.5893 said, 2v1 is simple. If you utilize your dodges, strafing and disables than you can outlast those that do not understand this. Here’s what you do…
1) memorize you CDs on your weapons so you dont switch into empty atks.
2) Your dodge negates dmg AND gives you a few more secs needed for CDs to end
3) Pay attention to your disables and how many you have + how long they last.
*ie… If my necro dazes you, than hits DS for fear, than pops staff fear (aoe) right before first fear ends, than switch to dagger for Immob’ing you… How long did I just keep you off that point I was capping? hint…Its mine now:)
2v1 is better because you can test your skills in what you’ll really find in Tpvp. Dodging one so you can take care of the other. Knowing when to use your higher dps on the target and the disables on the other guy. If youre on the recieving end, use your dodge first because you’ll have it again after you cycle through your disables, giving you more time and better control.
You can do all this even with little knowledge in enemy classes. But if you fight them long enough to know how long a thief takes getting to you once he stealths, or what the distance is a warrior needs to initiate his dps… youre better off.

Necromancer – Embershard
Guardian – Vindicator Azure
Thief – Labrat Thief

1 vs 2 PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Soryuju.8164

Soryuju.8164

like Chaos.5893 said, 2v1 is simple. If you utilize your dodges, strafing and disables than you can outlast those that do not understand this. Here’s what you do…
1) memorize you CDs on your weapons so you dont switch into empty atks.
2) Your dodge negates dmg AND gives you a few more secs needed for CDs to end
3) Pay attention to your disables and how many you have + how long they last.
*ie… If my necro dazes you, than hits DS for fear, than pops staff fear (aoe) right before first fear ends, than switch to dagger for Immob’ing you… How long did I just keep you off that point I was capping? hint…Its mine now:)
2v1 is better because you can test your skills in what you’ll really find in Tpvp. Dodging one so you can take care of the other. Knowing when to use your higher dps on the target and the disables on the other guy. If youre on the recieving end, use your dodge first because you’ll have it again after you cycle through your disables, giving you more time and better control.
You can do all this even with little knowledge in enemy classes. But if you fight them long enough to know how long a thief takes getting to you once he stealths, or what the distance is a warrior needs to initiate his dps… youre better off.

This is assuming that the people you’re fighting will not use their own CC, dodges, and burst damage appropriately. While it’s true that player skill in SPvP is all across the board, it would be wrong to assume that everyone you’ll play there is bad, and winning those 1v2’s will often just not be feasible due to good control and mitigation from your opponents. If you’re referring to 1v2 exclusively against bad players, that’s fair enough, but the way you describe 1v2 in general as “simple” makes me skeptical, to say the least. I won’t even comment on Chaos’s post.

1 vs 2 PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Embershard.7294

Embershard.7294

Im not saying that they are all bad, Ive seen some good players out there that have Rofl stomped me. There will always be someone better.

Necromancer – Embershard
Guardian – Vindicator Azure
Thief – Labrat Thief