10 months after release

10 months after release

in PvP

Posted by: Nary Why Irk.8150

Nary Why Irk.8150

-Pvp is still very bad.
-Only 1 pvp mode (No guild vs guild, no deathmatch), which is awful and boring to play, not to mention to watch (250 viewers daily @ twitch, when diablo 3 has nearly no pvp and has constant 4k+)
-The useless traits and skills released in the beginning, havent been changed, being this coming patch a very narrow modify to 5% of them.
-The actual pvp mode is in itself very bad, being no real solo q, matching casuals against teams. Poor development.

I bought it in the release, played active for 5 months, when I saw the slow progress of patching, I decided to quit, and it was a good decision.
For what i keep watching in the patches from time to time, the progress to develop the game is very bad in terms of quality but also slow.
I think the game will have the necessary health and care in 2-3 years more (and maybe some features will never be released), considering the speed of introducing stuff.
The thing is by that time, there will be so nice games out there in the market that most pvpers won´t even remember gw2. But I will remember gw1, that was a real pvp game, fun and competitive.

GL & HF ^^

10 months after release

in PvP

Posted by: shimzor.6057

shimzor.6057

-Pvp is still very bad.
-Only 1 pvp mode (No guild vs guild, no deathmatch), which is awful and boring to play, not to mention to watch (250 viewers daily @ twitch, when diablo 3 has nearly no pvp and has constant 4k+)
-The useless traits and skills released in the beginning, havent been changed, being this coming patch a very narrow modify to 5% of them.
-The actual pvp mode is in itself very bad, being no real solo q, matching casuals against teams. Poor development.

I bought it in the release, played active for 5 months, when I saw the slow progress of patching, I decided to quit, and it was a good decision.
For what i keep watching in the patches from time to time, the progress to develop the game is very bad in terms of quality but also slow.
I think the game will have the necessary health and care in 2-3 years more (and maybe some features will never be released), considering the speed of introducing stuff.
The thing is by that time, there will be so nice games out there in the market that most pvpers won´t even remember gw2. But I will remember gw1, that was a real pvp game, fun and competitive.

GL & HF ^^

QFT

Same goes for me. I dont wana play game where developers isnt able to fix my favorite class since beta. I played WoW for almost 7 years (only tauren warrior). I preordered GW2 at first day, and i played only char warrior in gw2 (around 900 tournament played until November).

Promise at start was:

Focus on PvP, eSports, balance around Warrior….

Somewere in november they promised also:

Tune down AOE, and fix warrior (after that they did few ultra nerfs to warrior and few buffs to ele, guardian, ranger and others)

And now year and a half after i paid money, thay still nerf worst profession and buff other (already OP ones). There is no focus on PvP, there is no eSports (i dont care about this part), and thhre is no balance. It is Ok thqat thief can perma stealth or kill in 2-3 sec, it is ok that guardian, ranger or ele cant be killed, but it is not ok to make warrior viable.

10 months after release

in PvP

Posted by: Treeline.3865

Treeline.3865

Leader of Heroes [Hero] – Seafarers Rest

10 months after release

in PvP

Posted by: Oni Link.4621

Oni Link.4621

• About classes
    ArenaNet said “we want to keep consistency between PVE, SPVP and WVW” but that way the development is ridiculously slow.
    Once for all, break that consistency, and start developing each class differently.
    PVE team will be happy.
    SPVP team will be much more happy.
    WVW team will be happy.
    Players will be A LOT more happy.
  • About solo queue, missing team mechanics and ladders and other basic stuff:
    I don’t know the reason, the development is absurdly slow, can’t understand it.
  • About GvG:
    In my honest opinion, GW2 needs TvT (Team vs Team), not GvG, because the concept of “guild” is absolutely inexistent in GW2. Why? Because you can join multiple guilds, play with any of them, chat with any of them, basically they are like a big scale parties/chatrooms.
    This was the worst development choice I’ve ever seen.

10 months after release

in PvP

Posted by: Nary Why Irk.8150

Nary Why Irk.8150

Well in gw1 you could join only 1 guild at a time and there were alliances.
the thing is that the star game mode was GvG

Its fun how developers care to make only new map for this horrible game mode while they should be making new fun challenging real game modes and reworking and fixing completely all the horrible bugs regarding all classes. its been 10 months and the game isnt fixed yet? What were the beta phase´s for then? Really?

10 months after release

in PvP

Posted by: Jesiah.2457

Jesiah.2457

-Pvp is still very bad.

GL & HF ^^

100% Agree as I too bought this game pre-release and I was so extremely excited … when I didn’t know anything about the game, it was fun, I felt like I had a lot to learn … which is great. I have a thing for testing things out and trying combinations of whatever I can think of in game.

But that fun changed as I began to learn the game. Started learning that quite literally, at least 75% of traits are worthless trash in PvP. Maybe not entirely worthless in the PvE side of the game (of which, they devote what, 90-95% of their efforts into? PvE updates / story updates / insane amounts of content) but completely utterly useless in PvP and PvP receives updates at a minimum of what feels like a month.

That being said, it’s true, their progress in PvP is ridiculously slow. It’s a bytch slap in the face considering these jagoffs sold this game to me by saying “esports” as many times as they could, and setting up all sorts of expectations they have done ANYTHING but MEET.

So yeah, I’m done with this trash, yet again. I’d like to support OP in saying “GL HF” to those of you who are fans of Arenanet and somehow still have faith in them, let alone enjoy playing a game in which you are so ridiculously pigeonholed into particular playstyles to actually be effective.

I may have hated WoW at one point or another, but at least they gave 3 different specs to every class, all of which played differently. In this game? There is no play different. You either roll with A or you get crushed trying your best to make B worth a kitten .

Also, at least WoW’s side project, PvP, spanned across multiple play modes. Different Battlegrounds & Objectives, and for hardcore PvP fans … Arena. Arenanet? They have their heads too far up their butts to even consider listening to the players. Probably because they’re too busy working on their PvE money making garbage than to actually invest more effort into making PvP a worthwhile, fun, engaging experience.

I’m sick of it. It’s boring. The balance does not exist. It’s just stupid and frustrating. And they’re too busy trying to be unique to actually try to improve the quality of the game with something called “tried and true”. Oh pride, how it destroys good things. (That and greed)

Also, OP. Not sure if you’re into FPS type games … but Titan Fall sure seems pretty amazing. I hope it will catch on … as it has a promising sounding system. Of course, you never know until it comes out … but when it’s released, it’ll be on PC. And I will gladly forget about this nightmare of “PvP” for that game.

Cheers, Arenanubs.

10 months after release

in PvP

Posted by: Awe.1096

Awe.1096

New content every 2 weeks! Living world! Holidays and events! … Still no solo queue.
???

10 months after release

in PvP

Posted by: umbra.2753

umbra.2753

I quit this game seven months ago because pvp was in a terrible state and has not changed since the beta. and now, after 7 months I went but pvp still in the status of the beta test. when I bought the game anet promised that this is a pvp oriented game but…

10 months after release

in PvP

Posted by: aydenunited.5729

aydenunited.5729

I still very much enjoy the game, the PvP, and the game engine. Have still yet to level a character past 56 and still enjoying the overall flow.

In have my own selection of issues with the game, some I’m more frustrated about than others, but even with this game’s PvP still lacking, it SLAUGHTERS anything WoW had to offer. I’m sorry but rotating 40 skills and watching your toolbar the entire time just isn’t fun to me.

Overall, I think their progression has been slow, but it doesn’t look like GW2 is going away any time soon, so I’m positive it still only gets better from here. If you already don’t like the game, you probably never will, that’s not wrong nor write, it’s just a matter of opinion.

And those of you touting “they said e-sports!” as your reason, just quit. They never once said “we will be major e-sports ready within 10 months!” they only ever stated on several occasions that their ultimate goal with tPvP was to become an e-sport. It’s been taken out of context more than the Darth Vader quote.

Jumzi (Ranger), Tarnished Coast

(edited by aydenunited.5729)

10 months after release

in PvP

Posted by: Chase.8415

Chase.8415

I don’t see how having no solo queue is affecting the game. It’s not like you join a match and get completely stomped to the point where you can’t even leave your spawn point.

I think theve done a wonderful job with tournaments.

Nothing is stopping you from killing a team with random players, especially with the matchmaking.

10 months after release

in PvP

Posted by: Jesiah.2457

Jesiah.2457

I quit this game seven months ago because pvp was in a terrible state and has not changed since the beta. and now, after 7 months I went but pvp still in the status of the beta test. when I bought the game anet promised that this is a pvp oriented game but…

Exactly! This is most definitely not a PvP oriented game. It’s just like every other MMO, and operates just like any other business. They made promises while setting up expectations and building as much hype as possible seeing as how esports was / is becoming more of a thing now, just to make more money thanks to that added hype and expectation. Typical trait that goes hand in hand with greed.

And I will say, greed is the great destroyer of many good things, and this most certainly includes what would have / could have been good games.

10 months after release

in PvP

Posted by: Awe.1096

Awe.1096

I don’t see how having no solo queue is affecting the game. It’s not like you join a match and get completely stomped to the point where you can’t even leave your spawn point.

Nothing is stopping you from killing a team with random players, especially with the matchmaking.

If you believe that matchmaking fixes the premade advantage you are wrong IMO. When solo queue I win perhaps one per ten games vs. premades. At best. I would say it is more like 1 on 15. More often than not I get stomped. Matches where the enemy team seems to be PUG as well are way much more balanced. In fact, tournament PUG vs PUG matches are the most balanced thing I experience in GW2 PvP. Hotjoin is a mess. I cant say about premade vs. premade since I dont play them.

10 months after release

in PvP

Posted by: tichorum.2415

tichorum.2415

-Pvp is still very bad.

GL & HF ^^

Why are you posting if you quit? No one cares. Leave and go play your other games while those that like this mode will continue to play.

Former PvP commentator for ESL & Arenanet.

I used to run the Academy Gaming tournaments for GW2.

10 months after release

in PvP

Posted by: ensoriki.5789

ensoriki.5789

10 months after release, I think thief build diversity has shrank instead of broadened.
10 months after release, I feel Warriors haven’t really moved anywhere relative to other classes.
10 months after release I see a spectator mode, CA and leaderboards but know players who came in from launch/beta who are feeling frustrated and neglected.

The great forum duppy.

(edited by ensoriki.5789)

10 months after release

in PvP

Posted by: uberkingkong.8041

uberkingkong.8041

Yeah the pvp hasn’t changed 1 bit. Went from QP to 8 team tournies to no QP and no 8 team tournies. All you have is hotjoin or 2 team tournament. And whoever considers 2 teams a tournament is an idiot.

The leaderboard is nice, but you’ll never face the best teams in game due to 2 team tournament. If they had a real tournament you’d have much more chance to see whose the best in pvp and why.

And yes anet progresses at extremely slow pace. And yes it still feels like beta because they are watching everything, “we watching leaderboard decay to make sure its right” which means its beta. “we cant show you actual ratings because we watching it to make sure its right” which means beta.

10 months after release

in PvP

Posted by: milo.6942

milo.6942

when is pvp going to be released?

10 months after release

in PvP

Posted by: umbra.2753

umbra.2753

when is pvp going to be released?

I hope pvp will be released in wildstar

10 months after release

in PvP

Posted by: Chase.8415

Chase.8415

If you believe that matchmaking fixes the premade advantage you are wrong IMO. When solo queue I win perhaps one per ten games vs. premades. At best. I would say it is more like 1 on 15. More often than not I get stomped. Matches where the enemy team seems to be PUG as well are way much more balanced. In fact, tournament PUG vs PUG matches are the most balanced thing I experience in GW2 PvP. Hotjoin is a mess. I cant say about premade vs. premade since I dont play them.

I pretty much always queue as solo and never experience a win rate that horrid. I never have a game where the match was completely stomped within the first few minutes. They have always been even and extremely close games.

I have noticed in the lower tier of PvP, a lot of PvE guilds run premades and I can see how this would be troubling for people. But in the top 10% area, the matches are really intense and for the most part fair.

10 months after release

in PvP

Posted by: Mammoth.1975

Mammoth.1975

Mixing teams and solo queues prevents blowouts. If your rating is x and you vs a team, their rating is going to be around x too. They have the edge in comms, coordination etc, but you’ve been making up the difference elsewhere.

Now if you split teams and solo queues, half the community goes to one side and half to the other, you have only half as many potential opponents. That means the rating difference between you and your potential opponents is twice as large. You’ll get a lot more games where you simply have no chance. 80% players matched up with top 10 players. Anyone who whines about matchmaking and lack of solo queue is a straight up moron.

I’m so glad this forum isn’t developing the game. Use your heads.

If you’re having trouble beating teams, get a team. Asking for the game to be changed for the worse because you’re a lazy antisocial piece of kitten is the definition of self entitlement.

I think it’s that self entitled attitude that is the main cause of most peoples problems in finding a team anyway. You think you’re better than you are and can’t figure out why the only people who want to queue with you have around the same rating. After all, your rating is only low because the system is rigged against you with all these premade teams you have to face, while their rating is low because they’re nabs. One day a group of top 50 players will realise this and pick you up.

Of course, the truth is that your rating is low because you’re too quick to blame external circumstances, like your teammates or facing premades, for your losses, and rarely, if ever, focus on what you could have done to change the result (aside from whining on the forums that is), because your delicate ego cannot handle criticism of any kind, even self criticism. No one wants to play with the guy who thinks he can do no wrong and it must be everyone elses fault when his team loses, and so here you are, asking for a solo queue.

TLDR: You’ll never be good until you change the mindset that makes you beg for solo queues in the first place. You’d still be getting smashed in solo queues.

If you’re not playing to win, don’t complain when you lose.

(edited by Mammoth.1975)