Posted by: renegade.4851

renegade.4851

12.8k warlock against a thief, because anet

Attachments:

12.8k warlock hit, I am clearly the best

in PvP

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

How many conditions did you have on you?
Warlocks projectile used to be much much much much slower. It almost never hit and could be sidestepped easily. The warlock does increased damage for each unique condition on you.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Phantasmal_Warlock

As you can see it has a very high damage coeffecient as well as a great damage modifier.
So if you had any number of unique conditions on you it would hit that much harder.
I think it just has to do with the fact that Anet fixed the tracking on the projectile which was much needed.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: Pyroathiest.4168

Pyroathiest.4168

You can see 7.8k illusionary sword strikes in that image as well. I’m fairly certain that this thief was either glassy beyond belief, or partially naked.

in PvP

renegade.4851

regular 10/30/0/0/30 d/p thief build with berserker amulet
I’ve had the same swordsman numbers against guardians for example

in PvP

Posted by: Xaylin.1860

Xaylin.1860

So Pyro is right.

Seriously… what do people expect when they go full out glass cannon?

in PvP

jportell.2197

So Pyro is right.

“I heard thieves are OP so that means when I play my thief I shouldn’t get touched at all and if I do then it means that the class that beat me is OP because and needs nerfed….”

That’s kind of what I feel like he is thinking. Seriously all this recent QQ about iWarlock is funny because the damage hasn’t changed. I think it’s just the projectile speed that finally got adjusted.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in PvP

renegade.4851

So Pyro is right.

“I heard thieves are OP so that means when I play my thief I shouldn’t get touched at all and if I do then it means that the class that beat me is OP because and needs nerfed….”

That’s kind of what I feel like he is thinking. Seriously all this recent QQ about iWarlock is funny because the damage hasn’t changed. I think it’s just the projectile speed that finally got adjusted.

actually the damage got significantly changed
prior it would hit around 7k max on those exact circumstances, but now it’s 12.8k

I am main mesmer, but this is just wrong xD

in PvP

jportell.2197

So Pyro is right.

prior it would hit around 7k max on those exact circumstances, but now it’s 12.8k

How many conditions did you have on you when this happened?!

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in PvP

renegade.4851

So Pyro is right.

this was not on me, I did this hit and had the thief send me the screenshot
but I haven’t seen the exact amount of conditions on the thief

in PvP

jportell.2197

So Pyro is right.

this was not on me, I did this hit and had the thief send me the screenshot
but I haven’t seen the exact amount of conditions on the thief

Ahhh…. Well i think it has alot more to do with the projectile tracking…. i didn’t see anything in the patch notes about changing phantasm damage.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

Something is clearly off about Mesmer damage in PvP.

I’ve noticed that too. Can’t say for sure what it is but compared to glass-cannon Shatter Mesmers before the patch they currently seem to be dealing double the regular damage. It’s crazy.

Don’t let the Thief haters undermine the issue. They complain about 6k Backstabs in sPvP, you get to complain about 12k and 7k hits by frikkin Phantasms.

in PvP

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

The person who made this wasn’t even a thief. Its a mesmer bringing up mesmer stuff.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in PvP

Posted by: lollasaurus.1457

lollasaurus.1457

Whatever Anet did in the feature patch, the scaling on phantasm damage has gone up like 30+ percent.

Traiting a phantasm build is letting me dish out 8k illusionary duelists and 7-8k ibersekers easily. On a downed thief I managed to see 12-13k before he vaporized.

in PvP

Posted by: SPESHAL.9106

SPESHAL.9106

So Pyro is right.

You know what’s hilarious about these threads?

No matter how ridiculous the damage or bug in the game…you still have a handful of people who will try to defend it.

What rational person thinks that kind of damage is fine?

in PvP

jportell.2197

Lol the same people defending 13k back stabs?

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: Raunchy.6891

Raunchy.6891

Warlock got ninja buffed maybe? You can see in the log it hits you for 12k then 3k. So there had to be some difference between those two attacks.

in PvP

Posted by: redslion.9675

redslion.9675

So Pyro is right.

Well, nonetheless I never heard of that damage from phantasm mesmers before. Even in duels, they were known for their stable damage and durability, more than for bursts like these.

Ain’t not like they were some sort of shady and misterious build, nobody knew about…

That is suspicious, but I actually haven’t detected anomalies in the mess caused by eles (those effects need to be less flashy IMHO).

You will never be able to know what an engineer is going to do next…

because he doesn’t know it himself

in PvP

Posted by: aelfwe.4239

aelfwe.4239

12.8k warlock against a thief, because anet

No.

Because that thief had 7+ condi on him and he didn’t cleansed hisself till the slowest mesmer’s phantasm hitted him.

And to be honest, a thief can achieve more than 12.8k dmg on demand hitting 3 key with dagger opening and mug.

So, what’s the point of this post? lul

Aelfwe Dark Asura Mesmer\Thief,
FREE PYRO

in PvP

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

yeah he didnt kill the phantasms. probably the mesmer had 3 up that will hit him the moment he comes out of stealth…still wow this is a super glassy thief. i have never spiked such a number with my mes before

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in PvP

Xaylin.1860

No matter how ridiculous the damage or bug in the game…you still have a handful of people who will try to defend it.

The only ridiculous thing is complaining about the damage as long as you can’t even tell in what kind of scenario it happened. iWarlock is known for dealing an insane amount of damage in PvE on bosses so I’m not surprised seeing it happen in PvP. Instead of instantly assuming a bug people should at least try to figure out what is going on.

Maybe renegade ran the en vogue Runes of Strength and had 25 stacks of Might? Did renegade run any Phantasm modifiers? The Thief most likely had a whole bunch of conditions on him since he just came out of a Chaos Storm. If he got dazed he also might have had 5 stacks of Vulnerability. If he got interrupted you can add 3 more stacks ontop of that. He also had 2 stacks of Vulnerability due to Leap. He still might have been under the effect of Immobilize from Leap. We don’t even have a clue how many other conditions he might have had.

I’m actually more suspicious about the Swordsman hits than the Warlock hits.

(edited by Xaylin.1860)

in PvP

Posted by: Kharr.5746

Kharr.5746

I’m not sure if it’s the new runes, sigils, or some bug with phantasms. Mesmer phantasms are definitely hitting harder. It almost seems like they’re either over scaling with might, or simply ignoring toughness. My 3000 armor bunker gets hit for 7k from iDuelist.

in PvP

Posted by: gesho.9468

gesho.9468

+1 on phantasm dmg. too much currently

in PvP

Posted by: SPESHAL.9106

SPESHAL.9106

The only ridiculous thing is complaining about the damage as long as you can’t even tell in what kind of scenario it happened. iWarlock is known for dealing an insane amount of damage in PvE on bosses so I’m not surprised seeing it happen in PvP. Instead of instantly assuming a bug people should at least try to figure out what is going on.

Maybe renegade ran the en vogue Runes of Strength and had 25 stacks of Might? Did renegade run any Phantasm modifiers? The Thief most likely had a whole bunch of conditions on him since he just came out of a Chaos Storm. If he got dazed he also might have had 5 stacks of Vulnerability. If he got interrupted you can add 3 more stacks ontop of that. He also had 2 stacks of Vulnerability due to Leap. He still might have been under the effect of Immobilize from Leap. We don’t even have a clue how many other conditions he might have had.

Lol…exactly what I said.

NO MATTER WHAT…this is insane damage…and we aren’t even talking about something with a 180 second cooldown.

Yet..people are trying to rationalize it and think it’s explainable and balanced.

in PvP

Posted by: Nabbo.2845

Nabbo.2845

Lol…exactly what I said.

NO MATTER WHAT…this is insane damage…and we aren’t even talking about something with a 180 second cooldown.

Yet..people are trying to rationalize it and think it’s explainable and balanced.

It’s amazing how many people defend this type of damage.. While it may not be 12k all the time, I have seen Warlocks hit for about 11k (on zerk) without any bloodlust stacks and no significant amount of might either.

in PvP

Posted by: rhodoc.2381

rhodoc.2381

Even glass cannon vs glass cannon this shouldn’t be happen in a competetive game. I call this as broken.

i took also 9.1k smoke bomb out of nowhere y.day from those mesmer pets.

[VcY] Velocity – Gargamell

in PvP

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

On the first day of the patch I noticed the increase in damage instantly. On a normal day when I get caught by an Illusionary leap and Blurred Frenzy my health never drops fast because i’d block a few of the hits and I’d still survive with a little health unless the mesmer dodged backwards and did another shatter… On the day of the patch, this was no longer the case, I died from 1 blurred frenzy and one shatter combo without any hope of coming back.

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

in PvP

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Isn’t the same case like with Ranger’s pets on the first day after the patch?

Except they got “fixed” (and stealth nerfed in surv by a bug) on the next day…

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in PvP

Posted by: Malcastus.6240

Malcastus.6240

Could be strength runes + battle and strength sigils adding the extra damage.

in PvP

Posted by: Locuz.2651

Locuz.2651

It seems all AI is/was doing far too much damage. They hotfixed the ranger pet scaling…..guess its time to hotfix this?

in PvP

Xaylin.1860

Lol…exactly what I said.

You said nothing anywhere near what I said. You just abbandoned any rationale because you believe the damage is too high. I didn’t judge if it was balanced or not. But I’m extremly annoyed by people always assuming that something is bugged if they didn’t even do the math or are unaware of the situation in which it happened.

Run tests. Make the effort. Calculate the damage with a high amount of Might stacks. Consider the amount of conditions. Consider Vulnerability. Do you reach those numbers. If yes, is it too much for the effort made? If yes, what actually makes it so high? Don’t go ‘Duh, too much damage!’.

Mesmers really don’t need any mindless nerfs after those awesome ‘fixes’ we got just because some people headlessly screamed about something actually doing damage. Especially if there is the chance that actually nothing changed about the Phantasms.

in PvP

Posted by: Geiir.7603

Geiir.7603

And people complain about backstab? Backstab has a higher damage coefficient, but even with all might stacks, bloodlust, bonuses from traits and so on: I have never seen a backstab that hard in sPvP – ever. Not even on cloth users…

Not complaining about mesmers though, I find them fun to fight against. Just find it funny that people still complain about thief damage ;p

Melder – Thief

in PvP

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

A thief getting punished for being glassy? The end must be upon us!

Still not as much damage as a backstab, and much harder to do.

in PvP

Posted by: derbaer.1284

derbaer.1284

On target dummies and in spvp/tpvp, my phantasms do exactly the damage they did before the patch. But I like conspiracy theories..:-)

in PvP

Posted by: EverythingEnds.4261

EverythingEnds.4261

Maybe there’s sth. odd with critical dmg?
They might have messed up while trasfering the system to ferocity.

Sometimes, I have the same feeling about shatters. Often, it is the shatter damage, I’m used to and other times, it seems to be insane.

But I wont complain.
There are at least as many bugs which harm the Mesmer, as those which are in their favour and if Anet decides to fix bugs, I want to see one fixed negative one for every positive one they fix.

in PvP

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

[/quote]

[/quote]

That is so true….

in PvP

Posted by: Urejt.5648

Urejt.5648

Thief armor is currently bugged. Thief takes more damage than intended from all sources. We are aware of this issue and working for fix.

Yo Hooj Jest Pole

in PvP

Posted by: Reevz.2617

Reevz.2617

AI got buffed across the board, even svanir/chief hit harder ranger pets rock dog etc.

in PvP

renegade.4851

AI got buffed across the board, even svanir/chief hit harder ranger pets rock dog etc.

ok, well I’d like to hear from anet if this is intended or not

in PvP

Posted by: ghaleon.2861

ghaleon.2861

This is why mesmer is not viable in high end tPvP……….. The amount of hate this proffesion gets everyday, it’s ridiculous. I’ve noticed, dmg increased on every profession after patch. Phantasm mesmers has always hit hard, and iwarlock hits the hardest out of all the phantasm if the target has a lot of condis on them. Even thieves are hitting for 11k backstabs…… Maybe you should all ask Anet to delete the mesmer profession for good, so we can stop having silly post about mesmers everyday. Dmg was increased………. I’m not surprised iwarlock hit for that much, I’ve seen it hit that hard in PvE.

Onesixty IQ Genius[Mesmer]
Zulu OxTactics[Zulu]

(edited by ghaleon.2861)

in PvP

Posted by: Urejt.5648

Urejt.5648

General pet dmg was intended. However phantasms were not supposed to get as much dmg boost as it currently is . Look at necro minions. They are as weak as they were, while mesmer’s clones deal absurd amounts of dmg.

One thing should be investigted closesly. Clones deal too much dmg to thieves only or to other classes with same armor as well?

Yo Hooj Jest Pole

in PvP

Posted by: hihey.1075

hihey.1075

This is why mesmer is not viable in high end tPvP……….. The amount of hate this proffesion gets everyday, it’s ridiculous.

Lol no, just no. Compared to thief, or even warrior/engi/necro, the hate mesmers get is absolutely nothing.

Pillow Cake
Worst Thief EU
One Handed One vs One Videos

in PvP

Posted by: Matisse.9356

Matisse.9356

It does seem that mesmers do significantly more damage since the patch.
I played against them with a slightly modified bombardier engineer build and I get much more heat from them since the patch.

Quite frankly, I waved it aside as a new fotm build incoming which required some adjustments to counter it as I haven’t really noticed any difference from the other pet classes.

But it might be that some sneaky damage adjustments went off the tracks.

in PvP

Posted by: ghaleon.2861

ghaleon.2861

This is why mesmer is not viable in high end tPvP……….. The amount of hate this proffesion gets everyday, it’s ridiculous.

Lol no, just no. Compared to thief, or even warrior/engi/necro, the hate mesmers get is absolutely nothing.

Yes, mes has always gotten the most hate, maybe not as much now that other class like the one you mention above reign supreme. Mesmer is gonna end up in the recycle bin, mark my words. Even Hugh said it on ready up, that he “hates mesmers”, and plays the most boring class in the game warrior…. I mean if warriors were as fun and took skill like in GW1 to play, I would understand. But warriors in GW2 takes the least skill of all the profession and they roll their face across the keyboard to win.

Onesixty IQ Genius[Mesmer]
Zulu OxTactics[Zulu]

in PvP

Posted by: Nettle.9025

Nettle.9025

My mes friend noticed his phantasms hitting harder lately as well, so we tested this.

We went into a custom, him as a standard shatter mesmer spec (4/4/0/0/6 with zerk), myself as an ele with ~1650 toughness (0/0/6/4/4 with celestial).

His iSwordsman was regularly hitting me, with 1650 toughness, for 6-7k each. The hardest crit we saw was 8200. With 2 swordsmen up I was almost killed from full health by a hit of each.

I was also hit by the warlock in a duel for almost 10k, but I wasn’t watching how many condis I had on me.

What prompted this whole thing was him noticing a swordsman hit for over 10k on a zerk ele.

Badding up tourneys since 2012
NA tPvP – Elementalist – Thief

in PvP

Posted by: Ugruk.4069

Ugruk.4069

Shhhhh it has been allways like that you just dont remember man, yeah “git good” nothing changed for mesmers after the patch you are all dreaming…

in PvP

Posted by: phaeris.7604

phaeris.7604

So this is a thing!

I was pretty shocked to get hit by an iwarlock for 8k, and I was running celestial trinks. I never ever used to get hit by phantasms that hard pre-patch. They must have upped the damage hugely.

in PvP

Posted by: Lue.6538

Lue.6538

Its fine, drop damage, get condition remover, suddenly you’ll be hit for 300 instead of 13000.

in PvP

Posted by: Bacon.4918

Bacon.4918

Why are people trying to defend this? It is clearly broken or something is scaling wrong. I was hit for 10k+ on a bunker guardian earlier by iwarlock. That damage was not possible pre-patch. This is like rangers trying to defend 20k drake attacks when pet were scaling messed up…

Highest soloQ rank – #2

in PvP

Posted by: Daniel Handler.4816

Daniel Handler.4816

I don’t think people are trying to defend it. I think mesmers are high skeptical of people calling one of their abilities OP without anything but anecdotal evidence. We are classing you with the people who complain about Moa Morph because they don’t know about its skill 5. We want more tests and more screenshots before we trust this as not being your fault again.

“Kentigem”-chief. Born cycle of Dusk. Wyld Hunt:
Learn as much mending and medical info as possible so that it can be added to the Dream.
Become the first Chief of Mending and guide the newly awaken as well as those who want to learn.

in PvP

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

Although its more in line with what I might expect from a zerker mes, I got hit for 5.5k the other day with warlock. Was a little surprised since I had only 2 or 3 condis on me.