2/19 Paid Tournament Map

2/19 Paid Tournament Map

in PvP

Posted by: Tyler Bearce

Tyler Bearce

Game Designer

Next

We’ll be rotating the Paid Tournament map tomorrow. The next map will be Legacy of the Foefire.

2/19 Paid Tournament Map

in PvP

Posted by: Psycho.8217

Psycho.8217

After the new patch, in the 26th, will you put the new map on the paid rotation for like 1 week?

Ex-R43 Ranger “P S Y C H Ó”
Current WvW Ele “P S Y C H O O O”

2/19 Paid Tournament Map

in PvP

Previous

Tyler Bearce

Game Designer

Next

Yeah, we’ll make Spirit Watch available in tournaments on patch day.

2/19 Paid Tournament Map

in PvP

Posted by: Psycho.8217

Psycho.8217

Sounds great.

Ex-R43 Ranger “P S Y C H Ó”
Current WvW Ele “P S Y C H O O O”

2/19 Paid Tournament Map

in PvP

Posted by: leashmaygoss.2140

leashmaygoss.2140

Finally, the best pvp map on the paid rotation!

Hiba
Booty Bakery [yumy]
Engineer

2/19 Paid Tournament Map

in PvP

Posted by: SAtaarcoeny.8476

SAtaarcoeny.8476

ty for the update.

( there is 4 stickies that dont need to be stickied anymore IMO its starting to look crowded. i think there was a post about that before i dont know. but i think you can take 4 of them down)

URTFC.COM

BIG GW2 TOURNAMENT INC SPONSORED BY URTFC.COM

2/19 Paid Tournament Map

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

After the week for the new map (which is a good idea ) is there any chance we could get a random rotation of maps?

Everyone I know gets sick of the same map after about 4 days. We love all the maps. They are great. But too much of anything sucks. Give us rotation!

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

2/19 Paid Tournament Map

in PvP

Previous

Tyler Bearce

Game Designer

After the week for the new map (which is a good idea ) is there any chance we could get a random rotation of maps?

Everyone I know gets sick of the same map after about 4 days. We love all the maps. They are great. But too much of anything sucks. Give us rotation!

The current tournament system doesn’t support random maps yet. Though we recognize that players would like more variety, so we might either rotate the map more often, or offer multiple 1-round tournaments, so you can queue for a specific map.

2/19 Paid Tournament Map

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

The current tournament system doesn’t support random maps yet. Though we recognize that players would like more variety, so we might either rotate the map more often, or offer multiple 1-round tournaments, so you can queue for a specific map.

Rotate more often of those options. Although that is just a personal view and I am sure you have logical reasons for each.

Multiple queues sounds confusing and it would fracture the player base to the point where matchmaking would probably be less effective.

From those I know and myself, we tend to get sick of any map after about 4 days. If you swapped every monday and thursday or something (so 3-4 days each map) then this would be awesome cool and would, for me, be almost as good as map rotation.

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

2/19 Paid Tournament Map

in PvP

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

Multiple 1-round tournaments seems the more natural solution to me, although I suppose that could divide the community too much?

What about, alongside that, an option to be randomly placed in one of those 1-round tourneys? You know, instead of joining a round that would have a random map, you would randomly join one of the multiple rounds with fixed maps. Does the current system support that?

This would have almost the same effect as a single tourney round with randomized maps, with the the exception that, in a randommized tourney round, a team build that entered solely for a single map, and was designed specifically for that map, would have an advantage over any team that would randomly join for that round. But, supposing that it would be much quicker to implement/ code, it could be a decent placeholder until a real random map tourney is implemented.

(edited by DiogoSilva.7089)

2/19 Paid Tournament Map

in PvP

Posted by: Follidus.8027

Follidus.8027

This is good to know, good post.

imo I don’t think it’s a good idea to have multiple queues as it will result in a split up player base. It would be fine if there were enough players to support it, but for now it’s just going to lead to more bad match-ups and longer queues.

Also, it just makes it easier to queue dodge when the competition gets split up into multiple queues. (which is something you don’t want).

It’s probably best to switch maps more frequently until you guys can implement a random map queue.

Cause I ain’t perfect, I never said I was.
But now they’re hating cause a brotha finally got some buzz
www.twitch.tv/Follidus – Team Absolute Legends

(edited by Follidus.8027)

2/19 Paid Tournament Map

in PvP

Posted by: Zoose.6257

Zoose.6257

Hurray for update posts from devs! ^^

I appreciate the communication.

2/19 Paid Tournament Map

in PvP

Posted by: Interpret Interrupt.3824

Interpret Interrupt.3824

My team is a temple only team lol.

K Pop
The Warrior, The Necro, The F1 Connoisseur
http://www.twitch.tv/interpretinterrupt

2/19 Paid Tournament Map

in PvP

Posted by: Credo.1274

Credo.1274

I would stick with multiple 1-round tournaments. If you do 1 map for a day or even more the games just going to die. Just playing the same map 3 times in a row gets boring. People are just going to get bored and quit if you don’t provide map rotations/variety. The PvP aspect of the game is flawed enough as it is.

2/19 Paid Tournament Map

in PvP

Posted by: JesseBensen.4817

JesseBensen.4817

I don’t think map rotation is the biggest deal, I think its game mode (sorry for getting off topic) but, the thing that makes the pvp in gw2 so much less enjoyable then the perfect gem it was in gw1 is game mode. I mean seriously, you start off with a simple death match for a couple rounds, then comes relic runs, then capture the altar, and for the final match it could be one of 3 different things and the surprise/variety of game modes keeps players interested. please at least give a little feedback as to whether youre going to implement this game changing patch into the game.