8v8, give it back!

8v8, give it back!

in PvP

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

why was 8v8 removed?!
the 8v8 servers were always full,
it takes far too long to find a game that isn’t either empty or full in 5v5.
(and please don’t suggest the ridiculous “play now” button)

“One step forwards, two steps back” is this becoming the official Anet motto?

it was PERFECT when we had 5v5 servers and 8v8 servers,

i understand that not everyone likes 8v8,
but why does that warrant removing all of the servers for the rest of us?!

some of us don’t enjoy tournaments of meta clones who’ll scream and shout if the enemy caps a point,
some of us just want a bustling casual game, and to easily switch servers if the game becomes unfun (or the map rotation gets back to skyhammer),
some of us just got screwed over…

please rethink this removal anet.

8v8, give it back!

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

aye, personally, i want them back too,
unfortunately,
i think, it will not happen.

with 8 vs 8 games hosted by anet removed, they have effectively stopped one type of complaints from resurfacing, especially the complaints by solo arena players about how 8 vs 8 ruins new players etc, 8 vs 8 is toxic, does not teaches players anything etc.

at least there still some 8 vs 8 player owned custom arenas, i get my 8 vs 8 fixes settled in those servers.

sometimes i get lucky and find 12-14/20 rooms so i join those.

if not, i try to look for 6-8/20 official 5 vs 5 rooms hosted by anet.
not too bad. not too zergy, not too chaotic.
i guess my warrior can still shine more in there.

however, i noticed that some players still treat 5 vs 5 as death match ehhehehe.
they do not really want to capture points, just go out there and whack people stomp people etc.

8v8, give it back!

in PvP

Posted by: Neko.9021

Neko.9021

some of us just want a bustling casual game, and to easily switch servers if the game becomes unfun (or the map rotation gets back to skyhammer),
some of us just got screwed over…

I think this was one of the big issues, to be honest.

A player who really doesn’t understand sPvP would press “Play Now” and be thrown into this hectic zerging of 8v8 and just get an entirely wrong impression. I know quite a few players who tried sPvP, played casual 8v8 hotjoins with rampant team switching and server-switching, and were just so soured at the way the whole thing worked that they never bothered to play again.

5v5 brings far more order and sanity to a game, and gives a better place for complete newbies to practice.

I’m glad that ANet is gently trying to push hotjoins into 5v5s. It will make the game much, much better.

8v8, give it back!

in PvP

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

I’m glad that ANet is gently trying to push hotjoins into 5v5s.

deleting 8v8 is not a gentle push, its “we don’t care if you like it, play this instead.”

as for the chaotic experience i agree, sometimes 8v8 gets like that, but noone is forcing people to play 8v8, before now we got a choice,
people who want small organised matches could 5v5 and people who wanted larger chaotic matches could play 8v8,
now there is no choice unless people pay money for custom servers.

why could they not leave some 8v8 servers?

(edited by Liewec.2896)

8v8, give it back!

in PvP

Posted by: Tellerion.8102

Tellerion.8102

I think this was one of the big issues, to be honest.

A player who really doesn’t understand sPvP would press “Play Now” and be thrown into this hectic zerging of 8v8 and just get an entirely wrong impression. I know quite a few players who tried sPvP, played casual 8v8 hotjoins with rampant team switching and server-switching, and were just so soured at the way the whole thing worked that they never bothered to play again.

5v5 brings far more order and sanity to a game, and gives a better place for complete newbies to practice.

I’m glad that ANet is gently trying to push hotjoins into 5v5s. It will make the game much, much better.

Spot on. Anet removing 8v8 servers were one of the best changes this patch brought.

~~Ayeres~~

8v8, give it back!

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

now there is no choice unless people pay money for custom servers.

why could they not leave some 8v8 servers?

personally, i think they want more people to pay for custom arenas.

before the 8 vs 8 custom arenas hosted by anet were removed, i can see at least 10 of the 8 vs 8 custom arenas hosted by anet constantly full of players while the player owned custom arenas are empty, or mainly used for dueling.

now, i can see 2 or 3 custom arenas with players playing 8 vs 8 in them.

with this, i can conclude that, anet will see this as a sign that, players are willing to play on custom arenas if they desire 8 vs 8 games.

i play on NA servers so there are still enough played owned custom arenas with 8 vs 8 to go around.

sometimes the problem is about finding a server with enough people, or a free slot if the server is full.

it feels kinda like, want to play a game of team fortress 2, then i check my favorite server list:

tf2 favorite server 1 – 24/24
tf2 favorite server 2 – 24/24
tf2 favorite server 3 – 24/24

ooooookay. i guess no tf2 for me today.

in gw2, i will go browse the official 5 vs 5 games then and look for openings. usually i can find one.

8v8, give it back!

in PvP

Posted by: zone.1073

zone.1073

Thank the gods 8v8 ANet servers are gone. This will encourage beginners to actually learn how to pvp for real.

If not, people can still just hop into someone else’s 8v8 custom arena and never improve.

8v8, give it back!

in PvP

Posted by: HeadCrowned.6834

HeadCrowned.6834

I liked the 8vs8 as well to be honest. At least it brought more action.

8v8, give it back!

in PvP

Posted by: Faeyd.5094

Faeyd.5094

Thank the gods 8v8 ANet servers are gone. This will encourage beginners to actually learn how to pvp for real.

If not, people can still just hop into someone else’s 8v8 custom arena and never improve.

I’ve always found 5v5 easier than 8v8. It’s far easier to know where everyone is and simpler to understand the strategy for winning. 8v8 meant you needed eyes in the back of your head at all times.

Tiger

8v8, give it back!

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

on NA side, it seems like some one bought Server 001 and Server 002 then made them 8 vs 8

thanks toshiaki !!!

8v8, give it back!

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

people can still just hop into someone else’s 8v8 custom arena and have more fun than playing in 5 vs 5.

there i fixed it for you.

8v8, give it back!

in PvP

Posted by: Storm Valkyrie.9471

Storm Valkyrie.9471

The removal of 8vs8 and Capricorn both deeply sadden me.

8v8, give it back!

in PvP

Posted by: Selenya.6410

Selenya.6410

There are two threads about the same topic, just merge them.

Nexon = Advanced Cancer

8v8, give it back!

in PvP

Posted by: Krittz.6013

Krittz.6013

Maybe they can turn 8v8 into more of a guild match style setup?
That would be pretty cool.

I, personally, like the changes. The only downside is one team is winning and you have only 4 people on your team and nobody wants to join because they don’t want to get “crushed”. You stand in little hopes of actually winning because 4v5 (everything needs to be done with one player short) is much more difficult to win than a 7v8 match setup.

8v8, give it back!

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Maybe they can turn 8v8 into more of a guild match style setup?
That would be pretty cool.

I, personally, like the changes. The only downside is one team is winning and you have only 4 people on your team and nobody wants to join because they don’t want to get “crushed”. You stand in little hopes of actually winning because 4v5 (everything needs to be done with one player short) is much more difficult to win than a 7v8 match setup.

yup, that is why, 5 vs 5 hotjoin will not work well, because it is 5 vs 4 often.
8 vs 8, we can see 8 vs 7 or 7 vs 6 but still playable at least.

but them solo arena players need something to blame so …

8v8, give it back!

in PvP

Posted by: Volrath.1473

Volrath.1473

instead of more 8v8 why not add more 5v5 rooms? If that is what ppl enjoy playing and the existing rooms fill up, just add more…

8v8, give it back!

in PvP

Posted by: hip.8435

hip.8435

I needed a break anyway…

I gave it a couple of business days for the devs to bring more than three 8v8 hot join servers back.

For the troll who wants my stuff, you can’t have it. I’ll still be checking from time to time.

Enjoy your 5v5’s! Off to Team Fortress 2 I go!

8v8, give it back!

in PvP

Posted by: butch.8136

butch.8136

You learn the wrong things in hotjoin, especially in 8v8. It hurts a little now after all that time but you’ll get used to it.

Razor xxxx (Desolation ; Off)
Bring back: ‘Gamer’ title + MAT’s!
Throw out: Hotjoin!

8v8, give it back!

in PvP

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

was a good move to remove the 8v8 hotjoin server

now when have the chance to join a hotjoin server(cause they always all full) there you can find rly good matches – ppl even defend pointz and play with brain

dont bring 8v8 back

bring more 5v5 servers – thx

(edited by Romek.4201)

8v8, give it back!

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

but how are 5 vs 4 good matches?

8v8, give it back!

in PvP

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

Or quit because 5v5 is dreadfully boring.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

8v8, give it back!

in PvP

Posted by: butch.8136

butch.8136

^ go to WvW then.

Razor xxxx (Desolation ; Off)
Bring back: ‘Gamer’ title + MAT’s!
Throw out: Hotjoin!

8v8, give it back!

in PvP

Posted by: Tsyras.5274

Tsyras.5274

LOL, funny…I had the opposite reaction:

“Yay, more choices for 5v5 games”. I hated 8v8.

8v8, give it back!

in PvP

Posted by: Roc.6143

Roc.6143

8v8, more combo.

5v5, more important in one person.

Anyway, combo is interesting.