Adrenaline Changes: Gut Mace and Axe F1

in PvP

Posted by: Amir.1570

Amir.1570

And let’s force Warriors to do GS, Hammer, and Long Bow so that they actually get a slap in the wrist once you get attached to the class. Let’s just kill diversity without properly reimbursing Mace and Axe burst.

Prove me wrong.

Things I expect to hear with absolutely no valid argument:

1.) Warrior OP on EVERY build, they deserved it
2.) Axe and Mace burst are fine L2P
3.) ANET did the right choice on nerfing Adrenaline

in PvP

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

You’ll need to use some basic strategies which everybody else has to use in order to ensure your big-hitting abilities land!

These include
Baiting dodges
Immobilising or stunning your enemy
Not playing in an obvious fashion, or ‘juking’ your enemy
Making sure you’re not blinded, or about to get blinded before using your abilities

Enjoy dealing with the same mechanics as the rest of us peasants!

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in PvP

Amir.1570

You’ll need to use some basic strategies which everybody else has to use in order to ensure your big-hitting abilities land!

These include
Baiting dodges
Not being bad
Making sure you’re not blinded, or about to get blinded before using your abilities

Doesn’t change the fact that Hammer and Long Bow will be even more favorable when the changes happen.

Nice try though, casual. Good chance that you’ve never played Axe or Mace mainhand and made it work to an extent

in PvP

Posted by: Blackjack.5621

Blackjack.5621

Warriors get forced to run aoe f1 abilities to make sure they get their cleanse by hitting random targets like pets. I also think this balancing move wasn´t correct at all.

Warrior surviveability was totally fine if they wouldn´t deal absurd amount of damage when you get too close to them. The reason for this high overall damage are 25 might stacks which equals 1750 offensive stats. That´s more than a 2nd amulet and only 2 classes can reliably remove it (mesmer and thief).

I Zapdos I
WTS Boston winner
Esl profile: http://play.eslgaming.com/player/7930634/

in PvP

Posted by: Steb.2571

Steb.2571

These include
Baiting dodges
Not being bad

Doesn’t change the fact that Hammer and Long Bow will be even more favorable when the changes happen.

Nice try though, casual. Good chance that you’ve never played Axe or Mace mainhand and made it work to an extent

My team Pioneered Mace Warrior back when no one played warrior period. Sarrs is right, less EZ mode, sorry frand.

IGN: Steb
Team: Blacklisted [Envy]

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

These include
Baiting dodges
Not being bad

If you don’t understand that warrior has been easy mode in 2014, you are playing with blinders on.

That said, I don’t think warriors needed the adrenaline change. They just a small change. When under the effects of endure pain, it should be not possible to capture or contest a point.

in PvP

Posted by: cheese.4739

cheese.4739

That said, I don’t think warriors needed the adrenaline change. They just a small change. When under the effects of endure pain, it should be not possible to capture or contest a point.

I’m really hoping that with Ranger signets getting thier (admittedly much-needed) buff, extremely common use of the active from Signet of Stone along with all the Wars running Endure Pain will get this change to finally happen.
It’s an invulnerability skill, it should be treated as such – at present it’s far too easy for Warriors to contest a point for an extended period while running squishy builds that pump out dps.

There needs to be some downside to being invulnerable – everyone else risks losing their capture point, so why don’t they?

in PvP

Posted by: manveruppd.7601

manveruppd.7601

Since when has “casual” become an insult on these forums? It’s kittening me off no end, especially when the esports-wannabies who use it have, like the OP, never ONCE even made it onto the leaderboard since February according to gw2score.com – where do you get off thinking you’re better than anyone else?

A bad necromancer always blames the corpse.

in PvP

Posted by: Kharr.5746

Kharr.5746

I’m really hoping that with Ranger signets getting thier (admittedly much-needed) buff, extremely common use of the active from Signet of Stone along with all the Wars running Endure Pain will get this change to finally happen.
It’s an invulnerability skill, it should be treated as such – at present it’s far too easy for Warriors to contest a point for an extended period while running squishy builds that pump out dps.

There needs to be some downside to being invulnerable – everyone else risks losing their capture point, so why don’t they?

Fun fact: Ranger’s “Protect Me” prevents capture-point contribution and is inferior to both the new signet of stone and endure pain. Your pet dies fast and stops attacking when you use it. It also gets cancelled by other shouts : http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/%22Protect_Me%22

To me, “Protect Me” is a balanced skill. Trading the use of the F2 ability + all the pet DPS + having a dead pet for 3-6s of redirected damage (depending on how long the pet lives) while preventing capture-point contributions.

in PvP

Amir.1570

Bump. And I was right, ANET just screwed with Warrior diversity.

Predicted and calculated.

I’m getting sick and tired of your incompetence ANET.

And I’m getting sick of this pathetic community too. The people complaining about Warrior are probably the same people who couldn’t even make Warrior work before Zerk Stance. They think this nerf is justified LMAO.

Bunch of losers.

in PvP

Posted by: Oslaf Beinir.5842

Oslaf Beinir.5842

I am sure adding insults makes an argument more valid and more likely to be looked at seriously.

Get In The Van Yo[PR] -Play on Far Shiverpeaks/Gunner’s Hold/Vabbi

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.9524

Archaon.9524

And let’s force Warriors to do GS, Hammer, and Long Bow so that they actually get a slap in the wrist once you get attached to the class. Let’s just kill diversity without properly reimbursing Mace and Axe burst.

Prove me wrong.

Things I expect to hear with absolutely no valid argument:

1.) Warrior OP on EVERY build, they deserved it
2.) Axe and Mace burst are fine L2P
3.) ANET did the right choice on nerfing Adrenaline

Still playing Axe/Sword and feel no problems with it…ofc if someone just randomly eviscerate and he’s not able to land it that is not a game’s problem for sure, i can hardly feel the adrenaline and impale nerf…above average players can time their burst (You already used to do it before) and reduced cond duration on impale is basically nothing since noone is gonna leave torment on for all that time anyway. Axe mainhand is still viable, hambow is still viable and gs is still crap…so at the end of the day almost nothing changed.

tl;dr

they just nerfed ramdom spam (And it’s a step in the right direction) making war not so easy mode like it was, good wars can almost play like before with any weapon set while nabs are not gonna be as effective as before…too bad d/d celestial eles are godmode now and you should probably take two of them instead of war+ele

Ark 2nd Account

(edited by Archaon.9524)