After almost 2 years why not TDM?

in PvP

Posted by: Super Riceman.8702

Super Riceman.8702

TDM would require a complete reworking of so many class aspects that it’s beyond happening

Even if balance isn’t greater in TDM than in conquest, the inclusion of it as an optional arena to queue for can bring in lots of players into the pvp side, some of which who will move to conquest.

LoL has its main mode as well as a less serious mode in which the matches are quicker and there is less tension between players, the inclusion of both modes hasn’t killed the game

There is only one god and its name is nerf. There is only one thing we say to nerf, not today

in PvP

Posted by: butch.8136

butch.8136

^ LoL has an insane population though. I don’t know if gw2 pvp can handle two gamemodes. Let alone that they start balancing in favor of both those gamemodes.

Razor xxxx (Desolation ; Off)
Bring back: ‘Gamer’ title + MAT’s!
Throw out: Hotjoin!

in PvP

Posted by: Phadde.7362

Phadde.7362

^ LoL has an insane population though. I don’t know if gw2 pvp can handle two gamemodes. Let alone that they start balancing in favor of both those gamemodes.

Atleast I will start playing a whole lot more Conquest as well if TDM stays in the game, since it makes me want to focus on PvP.

I’m quite certain that sPvP needs multiple game modes to really grow.

Vote for/against <dueling>: http://strawpoll.me/1650018/
Cred to Latinkuro
Gw2 is a masterpiece at it’s foundation. Content-wise however…

in PvP

Posted by: SkylightMoon.1980

SkylightMoon.1980

I think gw2 could and if not well the pvp community are going to get extremely bored and then will lose more players. Theres no reason for Anet to ignore the desire of the community to have these arena style modes that they already host on their own by paying for custom arenas for setting up specific areas in wvw(like the OS) to 2v2, 3v3.

in PvP

Posted by: butch.8136

butch.8136

I wouldn’t mind another gamemode but they’ll have to chose which one they’ll ‘support’ (in terms of balance, etc.).

Razor xxxx (Desolation ; Off)
Bring back: ‘Gamer’ title + MAT’s!
Throw out: Hotjoin!

in PvP

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

Not really… Conquest is built around many 1v1, 2v2 and 3v3 encounters and then some other variances. If anything, conquest could use this to hammer out some real balance. I think it’d carry over nicely.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in PvP

Posted by: Viking Jorun.5413

Viking Jorun.5413

The issue is that you can’t balance a game around multiple game modes. It just isn’t possible. Right now, everything is balanced around Conquest, so it’s obvious that some builds and classes will excel at simply killing other people outside of Conquest.

in PvP

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

Things aren’t balanced around conquest. In fact 2v2 and 3v3 is more balanced because you aren’t forced to stand in a circle ready to be AoEd down. From experience, 2v2 3v3 feels more balanced and less annoying than conquest because you can move and react to more things than what is made OP because of the need for fighting on a point. Again, from experience, not theoretically.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in PvP

Posted by: SkylightMoon.1980

SkylightMoon.1980

The issue is that you can’t balance a game around multiple game modes. It just isn’t possible. Right now, everything is balanced around Conquest, so it’s obvious that some builds and classes will excel at simply killing other people outside of Conquest.

I can’t imagine that being true. Anet would be quite stupid to balance an entire game around one mode in sPvP thats mildly popular when sPvP as a whole was a smaller community for a long time.

This is another problem games have is having to balance classes so that they are balanced in pvp and pve. Gw2 doesnt have this problem as much because the pve isnt really challenging. It could be a lot worse. It could be like WoW where there are 10 classes, each having many duplicates of skills that already exist, creating a redundance, and also making the game 1000 times harder to balance.