All hail our new ranger overlords?

in PvP

Posted by: righteousness.6028

righteousness.6028

It looks freaking sweet. Read the wind become useful, signet of wild gives stab without trait, quality of life changes on the weapons skills and might on autoattack bounces for ax, tangling roots lowered cooldown for using it for clearing condis with the trait. Time to dust of the ol’ ranger thanks anet!

in PvP

Posted by: Eurantien.4632

Eurantien.4632

Pay me 5g I will kill your teammates first.
Pay me 25g I won’t even kill you.

(edited by Eurantien.4632)

in PvP

Posted by: Brigg.6189

Brigg.6189

I, for one, welcome our new overlord, Eurantien

in PvP

Posted by: Eurantien.4632

Eurantien.4632

For being the first to rightfully recognize my divine rule. I bestow upon thee one free pass. I will not kill you, unless you’re alone, for one full match, free of charge. You are ticket number: 01. Redeemable when update happens.

in PvP

Posted by: Blackjack.5621

Blackjack.5621

Power ranger probably won´t have the damage or sustainhealing to be viable (on eu) unless you go zerker and actually deal heavy damage, but then thieves take you out of the game as they do with all other zerker classes.

I Zapdos I
WTS Boston winner
Esl profile: http://play.eslgaming.com/player/7930634/

in PvP

Posted by: Lux.7169

Lux.7169

I love buffing zerker specs regardless of class. I think if they continue with this it will help shift the meta out of the bunker/ultra tanky meta we have now.

Sure buffing ranger is basically going to invite more thieves, but that buffs comps that bring burst thief counters etc.

I also really like that revealed debuffs are becoming more easily accessible. I hope we see more classes with access to revealing.

[SoF]

in PvP

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

Nice to have new management and a new overlord. It will be an honour to be killed by you. ;D

(time to bring out all the reflects and reflect all the things)

in PvP

Posted by: BLUna.7928

BLUna.7928

I love buffing zerker specs regardless of class. I think if they continue with this it will help shift the meta out of the bunker/ultra tanky meta we have now.

Agreed.

Retired GW2 Shoutcaster
Now Casting CS:GO with ESEA
Twitter: @BLUCSGO

in PvP

Posted by: Ryan.9387

Ryan.9387

Power ranger probably won´t have the damage or sustainhealing to be viable (on eu) unless you go zerker and actually deal heavy damage, but then thieves take you out of the game as they do with all other zerker classes.

Not with 12 seconds of immunity!!!

Also BM builds. Think gw1 onslaught dervs.

Ranger | Elementalist

in PvP

Posted by: FeelsAlright.5860

FeelsAlright.5860

I also really like that revealed debuffs are becoming more easily accessible. I hope we see more classes with access to revealing.

I feel like they should’ve made it more difficult to achieve stealth rather than having a 1 button push that neutralizes a class’ entire defense system.

Vipassana

in PvP

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

I feel like they should’ve made it more difficult to achieve stealth rather than having a 1 button push that neutralizes a class’ entire defense system.

I play SA thief 1 skill that reveals for every class it’s not much just a little more challenge that’s assuming of course they are not all instant cast.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

in PvP

Posted by: Lux.7169

Lux.7169

It’s not our entire defense, especially if you’re not using stealth as a crux.

I think there are smarter ways for them to implement it, like adding it to certsin ground targeted skills so a thief can avoid them or be cc’d into them etc.

Perhaps some thieves will evolve beyond the ‘I must stealth to survive!’ mentality.

[SoF]

in PvP

Posted by: Distaste.4801

Distaste.4801

It’s not our entire defense, especially if you’re not using stealth as a crux.

I think there are smarter ways for them to implement it, like adding it to certsin ground targeted skills so a thief can avoid them or be cc’d into them etc.

Perhaps some thieves will evolve beyond the ‘I must stealth to survive!’ mentality.

The “i must use stealth to survive” mentality exists for a reason, most thief builds require stealth for any survivability. Outside of Sword/dagger evades run out quickly and most other evades don’t allow us to do damage while evading meaning we are probably taking more damage than we are dealing. Any other thief build outside stealth for any length of time means a dead thief, stealth just carries too much of our defense(heals, regen, condition removal, damage mitigation, damage). If you’re going to do a non-stealth thief you might as well pick another class as they will do it better(IE more health, more defenses).

I understand the need for stealth counter-play, but it is going to require a MAJOR re-balancing of the thief class. There are 14 traits that deal with stealth and essentially locking a class out of 14 traits and 3-4 utility/heals even if only 6s is bad balance. Imagine if say a turret engie couldn’t use turrets for 6s, a necro couldn’t use death shroud for 6s, a guardian couldn’t use virtues for 6s, warriors couldn’t use or gain adrenaline for 6s, elementalist can’t switch attunements, etc. It basically breaks the classes since what those classes are balanced around is no longer there part of the fight.

I’m all for nerfing stealth into the ground and rebalancing the class. I always thought it should be a 1s stealth that is basically there just to break target. However if we continue down the path of giving out reveals then that needs counter-balanced by another debuff that effectively has the same impact on other classes. The only reason the ranger one hasn’t been much of an issue is it’s on the currently lackluster rangers. Now with ranger buffs and engineers getting it too this could really damage the class. The three factors up in the air right now are 1. Does anyone else get it 2. Thief nerfs 3. Thief buffs. If the thief is buffed to compensate then it might be fine. If the thief is nerfed it’s going to be bad. If more classes get it then it will definitely be very bad. This is just bad balancing at it’s finest. It might achieve the goal of stopping the thief stealth abuse, but it’s probably going to end up rendering a class “broken”.

in PvP

Posted by: The Primary.6371

The Primary.6371

For being the first to rightfully recognize my divine rule. I bestow upon thee one free pass. I will not kill you, unless you’re alone, for one full match, free of charge. You are ticket number: 01. Redeemable when update happens.

Pfff….I never needed this patch in order to continue to kill people constantly, painfully……..or ummm……….mercilessly.

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

Agreed.

Agreed also. But it won’t make any difference unless they work to reduce the ability or ele/thief/warrior to have massive sustain whilst having massive damage. Because then why work hard to do massive damage when you can just do very slightly less damage and be almost un-killable?

I think bunkery situation is why a lot of people quit this game. It is also frustrating that ANY warrior can be a huge threat. And that playing against rank 500+ teams playing bunkery comps can be hard to beat (not with full team but duo/trio queue). Whereas these same teams with non-bunkery comps are just easy to beat. It is sad and it won’t change unless anet have some big nerfs to sustain in plan/nerf to celestial. Neither will happen so game will continue with 20 people “trying” in it out of the 4 million who bought it.

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in PvP

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

The “i must use stealth to survive” mentality exists for a reason, most thief builds require stealth for any survivability. Outside of Sword/dagger evades run out quickly and most other evades don’t allow us to do damage while evading meaning we are probably taking more damage than we are dealing. Any other thief build outside stealth for any length of time means a dead thief, stealth just carries too much of our defense(heals, regen, condition removal, damage mitigation, damage). If you’re going to do a non-stealth thief you might as well pick another class as they will do it better(IE more health, more defenses).

I understand the need for stealth counter-play, but it is going to require a MAJOR re-balancing of the thief class. There are 14 traits that deal with stealth and essentially locking a class out of 14 traits and 3-4 utility/heals even if only 6s is bad balance. Imagine if say a turret engie couldn’t use turrets for 6s, a necro couldn’t use death shroud for 6s, a guardian couldn’t use virtues for 6s, warriors couldn’t use or gain adrenaline for 6s, elementalist can’t switch attunements, etc. It basically breaks the classes since what those classes are balanced around is no longer there part of the fight.

I’m all for nerfing stealth into the ground and rebalancing the class. I always thought it should be a 1s stealth that is basically there just to break target. However if we continue down the path of giving out reveals then that needs counter-balanced by another debuff that effectively has the same impact on other classes. The only reason the ranger one hasn’t been much of an issue is it’s on the currently lackluster rangers. Now with ranger buffs and engineers getting it too this could really damage the class. The three factors up in the air right now are 1. Does anyone else get it 2. Thief nerfs 3. Thief buffs. If the thief is buffed to compensate then it might be fine. If the thief is nerfed it’s going to be bad. If more classes get it then it will definitely be very bad. This is just bad balancing at it’s finest. It might achieve the goal of stopping the thief stealth abuse, but it’s probably going to end up rendering a class “broken”.

Your comparison with other classes does not work because those classes have skills that go on cool down and they have to deal with that. Thief has multiple ways to escape a bad situation. Given, 6s is enough to kill them but their natural escapbility renders those 6s quite a coin toss.

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

(edited by Dirame.8521)

in PvP

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Dear Thieves,

I came here to say that your tears dropping into my beer make it more cold and delicious than any ice.

If you struggle because you can be actually hit outside of Blind/Evade/Stealth spam, maybe that’s the time to become a man, switch something instead going full zerk/full burst damage, take some hits and make our game more healthy and diverse.

With love,
Rym

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in PvP

Posted by: Lifestealer.4910

Lifestealer.4910

I am all for nerfing thieves into the ground by giving everyone stealth reveals. This class has dominated the meta for 2 years now, so its time for them to take a back seat for the next two years.

in PvP

Sagat.3285

I am all for nerfing thieves into the ground by giving everyone stealth reveals. This class has dominated the meta for 2 years now, so its time for them to take a back seat for the next two years.

It seems all classes will 1 skill that reveals even thief but that doesn’t mean it’s nerfed to the ground it diversity for other classes unless you’re part of the community that panics when you see stealth. When you’re downed even with that skill the thief will get your tears.

All in all the thief changes might make you take back those words. It’s not like we are immobile when revealed and cannot evade or escape and come back eh?

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

in PvP

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

So instead of seeing a little variety of theives they will now all be s/d.

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

in PvP

Posted by: Lifestealer.4910

Lifestealer.4910

It seems all classes will 1 skill that reveals even thief but that doesn’t mean it’s nerfed to the ground it diversity for other classes unless you’re part of the community that panics when you see stealth. When you’re downed even with that skill the thief will get your tears.

All in all the thief changes might make you take back those words. It’s not like we are immobile when revealed and cannot evade or escape and come back eh?

To clarify, i did not say such changes will nerf thieves to the ground, but i hope that they do get nerfed into the ground as this class is completely toxic to the game and have been reducing the amount of viable dps spec in pvp for years now. I am sure many people would also agree that fighting a thief is just anti fun even if you do manage to beat one.

in PvP

Sagat.3285

To clarify, i did not say such changes will nerf thieves to the ground, but i hope that they do get nerfed into the ground as this class is completely toxic to the game and have been reducing the amount of viable dps spec in pvp for years now. I am sure many people would also agree that fighting a thief is just anti fun even if you do manage to beat one.

This discussion is not healthy for this thread but in case you didn’t know thief is the victim or the game’s toxic being shut down to certain build is pretty bad. Those changes might encourage most thieves to switch to a s/d domination not me but possibly +90% of the users having a single build and that doesn’t sound fishy to you.

D/P and D/D are meh the only thieves I consider a threat are P/D condi if good and S/D Acro I don’t know about you but the other specs don’t seem like much to me but maybe with change P/P might be viable.

At least war can go Hambow,celestial,glass runner,condi or shout condi but nah thief got to have 2 and half viable builds.

The Dhuumfire thread

in PvP

Posted by: MightyMicah.7451

MightyMicah.7451

This. I’m laughing at everyone who thinks thief is getting in any ways, “Nerfed.” Thieves will be just fine and just as bursty as before. The only change you’ll see is that builds with stealth become less viable. Considering S/D is all about evading and shadow stepping, nothing is going to change.

This is that new sound. Ya’ll ain’t ready.

in PvP

Posted by: FeelsAlright.5860

FeelsAlright.5860

This. I’m laughing at everyone who thinks thief is getting in any ways, “Nerfed.” Thieves will be just fine and just as bursty as before. The only change you’ll see is that builds with stealth become less viable. Considering S/D is all about evading and shadow stepping, nothing is going to change.

Until they nerf it from all the qq on this forum about s/d.

Vipassana

in PvP

Posted by: vincecontix.1264

vincecontix.1264

This. I’m laughing at everyone who thinks thief is getting in any ways, "Nerfed." Thieves will be just fine and just as bursty as before. The only change you’ll see is that builds with stealth become less viable. Considering S/D is all about evading and shadow stepping, nothing is going to change.

We don’t know if SD will remain untouched yet.

Shikamaru X Thief, Warrior, Mesmer, Engi(FT leader)
Highest ranked reached 28 soloq
Isle of Janthir

in PvP

Distaste.4801

Your comparison with other classes does not work because. Those classes have skills that go on cool down and they have to deal with that. Thief has multiple ways to escape a bad situation. Given, 6s is enough to kill them but their natural escapbility renders those 6s quite a coin toss.

Theives have stealth utilities that go on cooldown and many of those examples have a 10s or less cooldown. Without initiative traits you regen 1 per second giving any “non-cooldown” stealthing skill at least a 6s effective cooldown. If you’re heavily specced for stealth and not using a sword you’re probably going to die. My main point though is that the thief is HEAVILY tied to stealth. Again 14 traits we have are based on stealth and a lot of those traits hold our other defenses. By allowing people to reveal the thief you’re effectively locking them out of 14 traits, 1 heal, and 2 utilities. That’s EXTREMELY powerful, if any other class could be locked out of that many traits/skills for 6s it would kill their class/build.

Go play a thief against decently skilled opponents and don’t use stealth, more evades than a stealth build would have, and s/d. Let me know how it works out. You’ll find that while you’re evading you’re doing no damage and you’ll still be taking some damage, especially a condition build that has already stacked dots on you and since a good portion of condition removal comes from stealth… s/d is also used to justify that thieves are fine outside stealth when for other weapon sets that’s not really true. If revealed becomes more prominent then it’s going to push more thieves into abusing s/d assuming that doesn’t get nerfed. If it does get nerfed then there isn’t much point to the thief class.

ArenaNet needs to rework the thief class, this was known back in beta. The initiative system is incredibly hard to balance. I even posted in beta that initiative traits make that balance infinitely harder and that’s why they shouldn’t exist. They either are too good and all builds need them making balancing damage output impossible or they are so weak they aren’t needed and thus a waste of space. The changes back in december only prove that point and it only took ArenaNet 1.5 years to recognize it. Stealth is also historically always impossibly hard to balance. It needs to be short duration and not chain-able. It certainly shouldn’t have a large share of the traits and defenses tied to it.

Again I am all for stealth getting nerfed, but this isn’t the way to do it. It’s poor balancing that will ultimately do more harm to overall balance than good.

in PvP

Posted by: Benjamin.8237

Benjamin.8237

The thing that is interesting is with the new read the wind trait buff, quickness and the rapid fire buff, we can get an entire rapid fire off in 1s exactly. Add in air + fire sigils and on classes, such as a thief, if you get them first you can literally 1 shot them.

P R I N C E | Best Renger EU
You can find me in PvP | I normally answer PMs

in PvP

Posted by: Phaeton.9582

Phaeton.9582

Pro tip: sic ’em hurts thieves ^^

And for s/d… LB 4 would hurt them too…

Edit: path of scars doesn’t need a buff. That’s lame, and it’s already really hard hitting on a signet build…. The rest looks good though

Phaatonn, London UK

(edited by Phaeton.9582)

in PvP

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

Your comparison with other classes does not work because. Those classes have skills that go on cool down and they have to deal with that. Thief has multiple ways to escape a bad situation. Given, 6s is enough to kill them but their natural escapbility renders those 6s quite a coin toss.

Go play a thief against decently skilled opponents and don’t use stealth, more evades than a stealth build would have, and s/d. Let me know how it works out.

Funny thing is, I’ve kinda done that. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uNM0QMhRow

I use stealth in the build but my survivability also comes from teleporting away from people.

Thieves have the tools to survive for 6 seconds of revealed.

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

in PvP

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

You are right. Thing is, some of the trait/skill changes for ranger could very easily become OP (zerker ranger is already pretty close to viable, and this buffs those specs to high-heaven as you can now stack even more +damage % modifiers), but it probably won’t matter b/c thief. As long as thief is a thing and owns every zerker build, there just isn’t a chance to play another zerker, especially if they don’t have some special team-utility like portal.

The spike potential that ANet is setting up is pretty scary though. It seems they want ranger to kill in 2-3s from 1500 range, and they even have access to incredibly powerful and long-lasting CC (spider immobs and wolf immob/KD/fears). Rangers might even nearly 1-shot people with all those sigils/stacking damage traits from 1500 range – and that is just stupid. I personally feel the dps a zerker ranger can output with LB is already at the limit that ranged damage should have. If left unchecked, it will win the game while just being a turret.

If thieves ever get fixed, I can see some specs just wrecking so much face. Maybe the goal is just to make them so OP you can even handle it if a thief just tries to sit-on your ranger all game, as it can just 1-shot everything that can’t 1-shot it from stealth.

in PvP

Distaste.4801

Go play a thief against decently skilled opponents and don’t use stealth, more evades than a stealth build would have, and s/d. Let me know how it works out.

Funny thing is, I’ve kinda done that. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uNM0QMhRow

I use stealth in the build but my survivability also comes from teleporting away from people.

I have no doubt that some of your survivability comes from teleports/evades. However there are points even in your video where you would have died without stealth. Even for not building around stealth you still use it a lot, which is kind of my point. The very first fight you stealthed 2s into the fight, you then use stealth to break combat with the thief and engage the guardian who literally shrugs you off, finally you use stealth to disengage the warrior/thief and finish the thief. In the necro fight you use stealth to remove conditions. Let’s also not forget using stealth+sneak attack to quickly stack bleeds. Finally, the other players you’re fighting are very questionable considering more than a few seem to like fighting in BP.

Can a thief survive outside stealth for 6s? Sure, but can a thief survive outside stealth when all his other tricks have been used? I mean if it was me I’d be applying revealed right after you’ve dropped your teleports, that means no stealth to buy time for init regen or to cleanse conditions and 6s of doing work.

The point that keeps getting missed though is that so much is tied to stealth that being able to shut it down for 6s is unfair. Again I go back to the example of class mechanics being shut down for 6s when there are tons of traits/skills/utilities tied to them. This either means redoing a whole lot of stealth traits/skills OR creating a new debuff that shuts down what makes other classes survive for 6s. I propose we call it drum-roll “silenced”. That way everyone is happy and no one class suffers. All of the classes would go absolutely nuts whining though…

in PvP

Posted by: Phaeton.9582

Phaeton.9582

I have no doubt that some of your survivability comes from teleports/evades. However there are points even in your video where you would have died without stealth. Even for not building around stealth you still use it a lot, which is kind of my point. The very first fight you stealthed 2s into the fight, you then use stealth to break combat with the thief and engage the guardian who literally shrugs you off, finally you use stealth to disengage the warrior/thief and finish the thief. In the necro fight you use stealth to remove conditions. Let’s also not forget using stealth+sneak attack to quickly stack bleeds. Finally, the other players you’re fighting are very questionable considering more than a few seem to like fighting in BP.

Can a thief survive outside stealth for 6s? Sure, but can a thief survive outside stealth when all his other tricks have been used? I mean if it was me I’d be applying revealed right after you’ve dropped your teleports, that means no stealth to buy time for init regen or to cleanse conditions and 6s of doing work.

The point that keeps getting missed though is that so much is tied to stealth that being able to shut it down for 6s is unfair. Again I go back to the example of class mechanics being shut down for 6s when there are tons of traits/skills/utilities tied to them. This either means redoing a whole lot of stealth traits/skills OR creating a new debuff that shuts down what makes other classes survive for 6s. I propose we call it drum-roll “silenced”. That way everyone is happy and no one class suffers. All of the classes would go absolutely nuts whining though…

The point is you can activate sic’em while a thief heartseekers in black powder, heals as d/p, uses shadow refuge… Even s/d 5 if you’re smart.. You can activate it for Mesmer stomps/mass invis.. Also just to deny shadow refuge on a stomp.. Add 6s of revealed to the equation at its gonna hit certain builds hard.

Most players can’t use skills effectively until they’ve been shown how to. A bit like berserker stance, you need to be careful about making a situationally powerful skill just faceroll by increasing its duration.

Phaatonn, London UK

(edited by Phaeton.9582)

in PvP

Posted by: Reevz.2617

Reevz.2617

the changes didn’t seem like much to me? power ranger is still gonna be a pewpew bot that gets killed by any decent build / player

in PvP

Posted by: Volrath.1473

Volrath.1473

whining already?! there are still to announce the POSSIBLE changes to 6 other professions and the patch is still far away.

whining in advanced is just…. lame!

in PvP

Posted by: holodoc.5748

holodoc.5748

I think if they continue with this it will help shift the meta out of the bunker/ultra tanky meta we have now.

The meta has never been more offensive than now. You have warriors massively switching from condi builds to DPS (zerk/cavalier), thieves going more glass than ever, guardians switching from tanky builds to more aggressive ones (thanks to defensive buffs), AI builds going DPS (necro, mesmer, ranger) etc.

I can count on one hand how many condi warriors I have encountered post-patch. Before it was almost mandatory.

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

You are right. Thing is, some of the trait/skill changes for ranger could very easily become OP (zerker ranger is already pretty close to viable, and this buffs those specs to high-heaven as you can now stack even more +damage % modifiers), but it probably won’t matter b/c thief. As long as thief is a thing and owns every zerker build, there just isn’t a chance to play another zerker, especially if they don’t have some special team-utility like portal.

The spike potential that ANet is setting up is pretty scary though. It seems they want ranger to kill in 2-3s from 1500 range, and they even have access to incredibly powerful and long-lasting CC (spider immobs and wolf immob/KD/fears). Rangers might even nearly 1-shot people with all those sigils/stacking damage traits from 1500 range – and that is just stupid. I personally feel the dps a zerker ranger can output with LB is already at the limit that ranged damage should have. If left unchecked, it will win the game while just being a turret.

If thieves ever get fixed, I can see some specs just wrecking so much face. Maybe the goal is just to make them so OP you can even handle it if a thief just tries to sit-on your ranger all game, as it can just 1-shot everything that can’t 1-shot it from stealth.

Its like mesmer. Mesmer has broken damage from massive range with decent survivability with ports and invisibility.

However thief counters ports and counter range as they get to where-ever the mesmer is super fast.

When they nerf thief it will make mesmers just brokenly good imo. And so the cycle continues…I wish anet could predict the impact of their balance changes. For example if thief gets nerfed then probably other specs like mesmer should be nerfed too.

Currently I hope thief remains strong as its easy for a necro to cope with them whereas power ranger/mesmer combo or something which will just melt necros.

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

(edited by Lordrosicky.5813)

in PvP

Posted by: vincecontix.1264

vincecontix.1264

Its very likely that the reveals skills were buffed/added to address wvw not pvp. Current thief meta is sd more about ports, evades and positioning.

Shikamaru X Thief, Warrior, Mesmer, Engi(FT leader)
Highest ranked reached 28 soloq
Isle of Janthir

in PvP

Posted by: Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik.6208

Pew Pew erry day

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

in PvP

Posted by: Sube Dai.8496

Sube Dai.8496

A/A Celestial Ranger with Strength Runes and sigils.

You heard it here first.

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]

in PvP

The Primary.6371

Dear Thieves,

I came here to say that your tears dropping into my beer make it more cold and delicious than any ice.

If you struggle because you can be actually hit outside of Blind/Evade/Stealth spam, maybe that’s the time to become a man, switch something instead going full zerk/full burst damage, take some hits and make our game more healthy and diverse.

With love,
Rym

Funny how this will only apply to the evade spammers when the patch hits. Unless anet is planning on heavily nerfing the s/d SoH evade builds.

in PvP

Posted by: ArcTheFallen.7682

ArcTheFallen.7682

bring your reflects #pvestrats

Also, give engineers better melee options other than toolkit and rifle #5

[VZ] Sky Avalon – Guardian (Main)
Master of all Professions
sPvP Rank Dragon – 8 Champ Titles – Ruby Division

in PvP

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

A/A Celestial Ranger with Strength Runes and sigils.

You heard it here first.

Won’t even be that.

It will continue to be the tried and tested sword+torch / axe+dagger condi bunker build you know and love.

This patch helped power builds slightly. the impact might on axe bounce for a condi build will be much more noticeable though.

I’m putting my money on the Ranger meta not changing at all. Anyone want to double down?

in PvP

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

You’ll see room in the meta now for rangers to act as a kind of guardian hunting roamer.

But they are still bad matchups for zero thieves/ham bow, so talk of ranger overlords is very premature.

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

in PvP

Posted by: Static.9841

Static.9841

Dear Thieves,

With love,
Rym

Dear Deluded Person,

I came here to say that your premature gloating is highly unfounded, in fact, I cheerfully laugh off your Sic Em and your buffs and am certain we will continue to enthusiastically and systematically break you down into nothing but more tears and confusion as to why your buffs didn’t save you.

With love,
S/D thieves

[Zeus] Guild ~ Desolation. Not some silly muffin thing, stop stalking me Dhiania!

in PvP

Posted by: Ryan.9387

Ryan.9387

At some point it would be nice not to be the liability on my team.

Ranger | Elementalist

in PvP

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

Dear Thieves,

With love,
Rym

Dear Deluded Person,

I came here to say that your premature gloating is highly unfounded, in fact, I cheerfully laugh off your Sic Em and your buffs and am certain we will continue to enthusiastically and systematically break you down into nothing but more tears and confusion as to why your buffs didn’t save you.

With love,
S/D thieves

Dear deluded thief

While you try frantically to hit me, i will laugh as i press my evade buttons, fear you away then spend 12 seconds in safety while pewpewing you to death.

Good luck, sincerely Yours
Glassbow ranger

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

in PvP

Posted by: Avead.5760

Avead.5760

Dear Thieves,

With love,
Rym

Dear Deluded Person,

With love,
S/D thieves

Dear deluded thief

While you try frantically to hit me, i will laugh as i press my evade buttons, fear you away then spend 12 seconds in safety while pewpewing you to death.

Glassbow ranger

Dear deluded ranger.You ll realise soon after the patch that you ll still be behind thief and mesmer in the zerkers war.
In fact i ll be there with my s/f ele watching you fall down to your own superbuffed longbow attacks while i drink coffee with 1 hand and press my reflect skills with the other.
Keep dreaming,Sincerely Yours,
God

in PvP

The Primary.6371

Dear Thieves,

With love,
Rym

Dear Deluded Person,

With love,
S/D thieves

You will also continue to be bored out of your skull too….so……meh either way.

in PvP

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

Power LB ranger will not be OP due to the nature of conquest and nodes system.

But post patch it’d be really good to have a power ranger in a team for the sole purpose of spiking those nasty staff elementalists, Lich necro, and shatter mesmer from far far away with very hard hitting direct damage. Finally some counter-play other than thief to deal with those nasty classes in a “team fight”.

in PvP

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

Dear Thieves,

With love,
Rym

Dear Deluded Person,

With love,
S/D thieves

Dear deluded thief

Glassbow ranger

Dear deluded ranger.You ll realise soon after the patch that you ll still be behind thief and mesmer in the zerkers war.
In fact i ll be there with my s/f ele watching you fall down to your own superbuffed longbow attacks while i drink coffee with 1 hand and press my reflect skills with the other.
Keep dreaming,Sincerely Yours,
God

Dear deluded player

I will simply use barrage and sun spirit to plow through your reflect. I know how sf ele works, i know how shatterer works, i know how most thief builds works, yet noone knows how my build works, because i do not keel over when someone farts in my general direction.
Please do try fight me with one hand, then you can use the other one to move the mouseand click the respawn button.

Sincerely Yours
Glassbow ranger

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU