Apex predators

Apex predators

in PvP

Posted by: Mrbig.8019

Mrbig.8019

I main thief, as many of you may know. I also play pow nec as an alt.

This is just to make people understand my point.

Apex predators in this game are ridicolous.

Thieves

Thieves kill all build diversity. They’re vastly superior on damage-survivability-mobility-support ratio then all other “glass” builds.

We need to bring back diversity: if in the old burst meta Mesmer was a staple, it was due to its unmatched-gamechanging utility ( time warp, IoL, Moa, portal), now impossible due to being forced to run condi cleanse and mass invi.

Mesmer-ele above all need to be simply different than the generic roamer, because thief is and will always be unmatched.

Medi guard is a good example, still not perfect but it’s a good example.

Wars

Warriors are too strong, we all know it. They’re so strong that they can cover all roles togheter, making teamplay and coordination totally worthless.

I would look at immunities above anything, even before HS.

Endure pain and zerk stance togheter are indeed terrible design on a profession with so much sustain

Zerker stance needs to be removed.

Rebalancing should be done according to it.

Spirit Ranger

Spirit ranger is the apex predator of the tanky-supportive role.

Very strong 1vs1, totally brainless, totally AI related.

Give rangers real utility and remove this AI spam crap. And for the love of god, REMOVE SPIRIT OF NATURE: signet of undeath has almost 3 secs cast, how can you actually believe spirit of nature can be balanced in any shape or form ?

Guardian

Undiscussed support bunker, i mean wtf, it’s been like this from day 1.

Can’t you see there’s something wrong with it ?

Dear aNet, if you don’t address these glaring issues, PvP will have no chance to recover.

Start taking inputs form the community SERIOUSLY, before it’s too late.

Apex predators

in PvP

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

Dear aNet, if you don’t address these glaring issues, PvP will have no chance to recover.

Your last sentence doesn’t make any sense. “Start taking inputs from the community seriously before it’s now.”

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

Apex predators

in PvP

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

all spirits can be interrupted. SoN has like 1-2 seconds animation before instaressing. A minimum of combat awareness would be all you need to stop it from doing its job.

But yeah, spirits need a rework. Mainly how they work. However, it seems like the whole Ranger evolution CDI topic was silently ignored. So guess you won’t see any change in the spirit ranger meta.

HOWEVER, spirit ranger, PvP wise, is more or less the only strong build that is not self centered or completely reliant on a even worse AI then the spirit one (pet lol)

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

Apex predators

in PvP

Posted by: Drafigo.4690

Drafigo.4690

I think taking input from the people on this forums is a horrible idea. Especially since I believe thats what Anet has been doing since early into release causing a lot of imbalances. To me the game seems more unbalanced then it did at launch or shortly there after. What this game needs badly for almost all aspects of the game but especially PVP is a test server. Sure the feedback of the community is important but a test server where players can be invited to play in matches and tournaments to find bugs and issues with balance would allow for proper adjustments.

Apex predators

in PvP

Drafigo.4690

Balance for every PVP game is a huge deal and there is always a class that is stronger then another. I would hate to be on the team responsible for balance in PVP because to me I feel that there is never a correct fix because the game evolves every time someone finds a spec that is good and posts it on the web for everyone else to copy and use.

Apex predators

in PvP

Mrbig.8019

I think taking input from the people on this forums is a horrible idea. Especially since I believe thats what Anet has been doing since early into release causing a lot of imbalances. To me the game seems more unbalanced then it did at launch or shortly there after. What this game needs badly for almost all aspects of the game but especially PVP is a test server. Sure the feedback of the community is important but a test server where players can be invited to play in matches and tournaments to find bugs and issues with balance would allow for proper adjustments.

Sorry, i meant people that have a clue, not the 90% of the average joe player.

Apex predators

in PvP

Posted by: thaooo.5320

thaooo.5320

If your ‘suggestions’ are anything to go by, I sure hope they don’t.

ALL IS VAIN.
PvP modes are the “endgame” in all MMOs.
Stop failing at PvE, and fix WvW/SPvP. Thank you.

Apex predators

in PvP

Mrbig.8019

If your ‘suggestions’ are anything to go by, I sure hope they don’t.

Mastercraft in arguing, where did you obtain it ?

Apex predators

in PvP

Posted by: gesho.9468

gesho.9468

I often lose to thief on most of my profs (engi/mesmer/thief/necro/ele, i do somewhat better with bomb/nade engi), but i would be cautious on nerfing thieves. when I play one, i often have hard time landing my CnD (though I play d/d now). I’m somewhat annoyed by D/P perma stealth, I think this build needs more risk associated with it. I’d limit stealth stacking to 3 (that’s 3*3=9sec stealth from 3 jumps) and put 4 sec reveal between stealth chains. That is, after you’ve stacked your stealth (up to 9 sec), you can not stealth again, or chain more, without being revealed for some time.

Apex predators

in PvP

Posted by: infantrydiv.1620

infantrydiv.1620

Spirit Ranger

Give rangers real utility and remove this AI spam crap. And for the love of god, REMOVE SPIRIT OF NATURE: signet of undeath has almost 3 secs cast, how can you actually believe spirit of nature can be balanced in any shape or form ?

Spirit of Nature, after the nerf to its HPS will be relatively balanced. Not only will its res be able to interrupted, it can also be killed in seconds if focused in a team fight.

Spirit Ranger also is not that good of a 1v1 as warriors absolutely destroy it, and anything bringing sufficient AoE like Thief, Engineer, and Necro should have a chance against it. In fact most teams now are running Warrior as backpoint because it won’t really lose to anything 1v1 in a reasonable length of time.

I also wonder why people complain about spirit of nature when Guardians have been broken/OP res bots for ages with their shield knockback without an ICD.

Also, spirits are not AI. They are essentially signets in killable form that require you to dump 20-30 points into a traitline to make them effective

Ranger//Necro

Apex predators

in PvP

Posted by: brannigan.9831

brannigan.9831

Guardian’s have one role they perform well support bunker and you wan’t to nerf that? They need significant boosts elsewhere then.

Apex predators

in PvP

Mrbig.8019

Spirit Ranger

Spirit of Nature, after the nerf to its HPS will be relatively balanced. Not only will its res be able to interrupted, it can also be killed in seconds if focused in a team fight.

Spirit Ranger also is not that good of a 1v1 as warriors absolutely destroy it, and anything bringing sufficient AoE like Thief, Engineer, and Necro should have a chance against it. In fact most teams now are running Warrior as backpoint because it won’t really lose to anything 1v1 in a reasonable length of time.

I also wonder why people complain about spirit of nature when Guardians have been broken/OP res bots for ages with their shield knockback without an ICD.

Also, spirits are not AI. They are essentially signets in killable form that require you to dump 20-30 points into a traitline to make them effective

Resolute healer has a 60 secs CD.

Also, stability stomp and GG.

Good luck interrupting spirit of nature with the zoo bodyblocking everything ( not impossible, still difficult) and a ful ress+ condi cleanse on a 30 secs CD.

Apex predators

in PvP

Mrbig.8019

I often lose to thief on most of my profs (engi/mesmer/thief/necro/ele, i do somewhat better with bomb/nade engi), but i would be cautious on nerfing thieves. when I play one, i often have hard time landing my CnD (though I play d/d now). I’m somewhat annoyed by D/P perma stealth, I think this build needs more risk associated with it. I’d limit stealth stacking to 3 (that’s 3*3=9sec stealth from 3 jumps) and put 4 sec reveal between stealth chains. That is, after you’ve stacked your stealth (up to 9 sec), you can not stealth again, or chain more, without being revealed for some time.

I don’t want to nerf thieves, i want other proffs to be DIFFERENT than a simple roamer.

Roaming is for thieves.

In the burst meta, mesmer was top tier thanks to its UTILITY, not thanks to its roaming capabilities.

Bring that back, and we’ll see more build diversity.

Apex predators

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.6245

Archaon.6245

I don’t want to nerf thieves, i want other proffs to be DIFFERENT than a simple roamer.

Roaming is for thieves.

In the burst meta, mesmer was top tier thanks to its UTILITY, not thanks to its roaming capabilities.

Bring that back, and we’ll see more build diversity.

warriors are pretty much as roamers as thieves atm (Well along with every other possible role) even without stealth and sbow they bring so much more point presence and survivability to be, in many cases, a way better backup than thieves.

From a bunker’s pow if i could chose the one coming to help me on point i would get a war over a thief (And over pretty much everything else) almost anyday (Except if i’m already downed since sr rez is good but it’s always a risk trying to rez by yourself as a thief)…also considering that if i eventually die warrior would hold that point for me while thief could only disengage for his life.
A tanky class (Even while running zerk) with so much survivability also putting out high dps (+aoe +cleave +burning +cc) should NEVER be able to roam almost like a paper 15k hp glass thief…it should be as slow as guardian if not slower, but hey perma 25% speed boosted, cc proof (Zerker stance) tanks roaming all day already are must have for any team, pushing away other classes designed for that (And that can’t do anything else)

As far as i can see thieves atm are more likely used for boon stripping (Just because warriors can’t, at least for now, strip boons by themselves) and sr on downed mates..but it’s not enough to chose an average thief over an average war imo

Apex predators

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.6245

Archaon.6245

Spirit Ranger

Resolute healer has a 60 secs CD.

Also, stability stomp and GG.

Good luck interrupting spirit of nature with the zoo bodyblocking everything ( not impossible, still difficult) and a ful ress+ condi cleanse on a 30 secs CD.

And for god’s sake don’t even think to kill the spirit to prevent it from rez because you know…if you kill the spirit it activates lol. Just carefully interrupt it but don’t hit too hard or you’re kittened, and you have to do all of this while his owner’s just autoattacking like a chinese bot because who gives a kitten…i’m a spirit rangerbot. Seems legit right? I suppose it’s your fault, because he can just spam 24\7 but you actually have to play smart just in order to counter him..

(edited by Archaon.6245)

Apex predators

in PvP

Drafigo.4690

Sorry, i meant people that have a clue, not the 90% of the average joe player.

Exactly my point as to why a test server is needed! Not everyone would have access to it and constructive feedback would be required to keep you privileges on test server.