Arena Mode like WoW?

Arena Mode like WoW?

in PvP

Posted by: Butter.3024

Butter.3024

Personally as much as I love GW2, the current sPvP state is too boring to watch. It is verb fun to play, but boring as hell to watch. You can’t really see what’s going on since the animations are very subtle

I think if Anet really wants gw2 to be an esport, they need more modes or an arena deathmatch mode

Arena Mode like WoW?

in PvP

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

We’ve begged for 1v1 and 2v2 forever. One day it might come, when it does a lot of people will come back, but it looks like overall, its just not a leap they’re ready to make.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

Arena Mode like WoW?

in PvP

Posted by: kito.1827

kito.1827

i dont see an improvement in your suggestion, or do you really think you will see more if it isn’t conquest but deathmatch? i don’t

would love to see a 3v3 whatevermode though

Karl Otik
no gutz no glory
“Tranquility has a beard.”

Arena Mode like WoW?

in PvP

ronpierce.2760

Best out of 3 death matches for 1v1 and 2v2 would be hugely popular (they already are, they’re just not rewarding because its only in custom made arenas and we can’t get glory from the current standard format of a 1v1/2v2 dueling room)

Arena Mode like WoW?

in PvP

Posted by: piffdaddy.8014

piffdaddy.8014

Yes, this is exactly what i want to see. 3v3 would be most competitive bracket and best to watch imo.

Arena Mode like WoW?

in PvP

Posted by: data.4093

data.4093

Even though 1v1 sounds great, it doesn’t always work out so well in practice. It would be nice if it was available, especially since teamfights have so much clutter and people aren’t coordinated in 99% of matches. But after playing in 1v1 rooms I’ve noticed that pvp wasn’t set up for this mode. In conquest everyone commits to winning and winning involves trade-offs, sacrificing stats to boost others and keeping capture points. You don’t see 2 people fighting for 10 minutes in conquest because it wasn’t designed that way but you will see that in 1v1 rooms(eventually they just agree to stop). And the builds people use in 1v1 fights are very different from regular matches- an obvious comparison is the wvw and spvp thief. No one wants a perma-stealth thief on their team in soloQ. Yet in WvW people still complain about this build even though it’s considered garbage in spvp.

Arena Mode like WoW?

in PvP

Posted by: Celtus.8456

Celtus.8456

This would be very good for the game. Was going to say, GW1 had deathmatch arena before WoW, but I do think an arena mode here would play more like WoW than gw1.

Critics might worry about the fact that there are no dedicated healers in this game, or that the damage is (sort of) out of control here and kills can happen very fast. But in my brief WoW experience (AND in Gw1 arena) I do remember many interesting fights where neither team had a dedicated healer. Regardless, I think it is worth Arenanet trying this (and other modes…Heroes’ Ascent and so on).

Josre
Zulu Ox Tactics [zulu]

Arena Mode like WoW?

in PvP

Posted by: Dagins.5163

Dagins.5163

@up
And I don’t understand these critics who say arenas must have dedicated healers to work. It’s a total nonsense.

But seeing how devs prioritize work, these things won’t come fast. Suggested arena system would take them years. I would rather suggest providing logs to admins of private servers, so they could make small websites with rankings. They also need some more commands to customize their arenas. That would be awesome.

Signed, level 1 alt

Arena Mode like WoW?

in PvP

Posted by: docMed.7692

docMed.7692

Perhaps you missed this 200+ post thread created by the dev’s regarding new sPvP mode discussions?

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/Collaborative-Development-Topic-Game-Modes/page/5#post3123447

Arena Mode like WoW?

in PvP

Posted by: Phadde.7362

Phadde.7362

Yes! Gimme all of this! The Combat mechanics would be great for an Arena Game Mode (not 1v1 though)

Vote for/against <dueling>: http://strawpoll.me/1650018/
Cred to Latinkuro
Gw2 is a masterpiece at it’s foundation. Content-wise however…

Arena Mode like WoW?

in PvP

Posted by: Errant Venture.9371

Errant Venture.9371

We’ve begged for 1v1 and 2v2 forever. One day it might come, when it does a lot of people will come back, but it looks like overall, its just not a leap they’re ready to make.

Who’s begging for 1v1 and 2v2??? That’d be the most gimmicky, impossible to balance format imaginable

The Battle Bakery [vPie]

Arena Mode like WoW?

in PvP

ronpierce.2760

Who’s begging for 1v1 and 2v2??? That’d be the most gimmicky, impossible to balance format imaginable

A lot of us, I could dig for at least 4-5 very long threads on the topic, and its one of the most popular custom arena types, but despite all of those, Its not worth my time. Just because you wouldn’t like it doesn’t mean others wouldn’t… Conquest is gimmicky. Every class can 1v1 and 2v2 with proper builds FOR IT, just like conquest. I’m not trying to convince you to like it but there are many others who already DO like it, we just don’t get rewarded for playing the way we like. (Custom Arenas)

Arena Mode like WoW?

in PvP

Posted by: Peow peow.2189

Peow peow.2189

1v1 3v3 2v2 dm arenas would be so sick. Wood watch all day