Balance Patch on Early November

in PvP

Posted by: Frenk.5917

Frenk.5917

I just found out. I guess I should start watching those “Ready Up”s.

This is just a preview! There’s likely more coming!

LINK to the notes

Interesting things:

• Skyhammer Cannon can now be dodged -> God, thanks!
  • Mesmer – Maimed of the Disillusioned. – Torment stack per clone shattered increased from 1 to 2 stacks -> lel
  • Necro – Life Siphon (#2 skill on dagger) – Healing amount of this skill increased significantly – 25% base increase and healing power increase by 75% -> That’s a very nice thing.
  • Thief – All venom abilities had their cooldown reduced from kitten to 40s. -> Anet trolling venom thieves since 2012
  • Ranger – We are adding a tell of the animation for the Point Blank skill and the projectile has a purple color to distinguish it from autoattacks -> after this Rangers will be completely fine, imho.
Frenk – EU
All is vain

(edited by Frenk.5917)

in PvP

Frenk.5917

They should do something about might stacking & celestial first before changing anything else.

These were just few previews. I believe more of them are coming. Prolly they’ll do that too.

Frenk – EU
All is vain

in PvP

Posted by: Dagins.5163

Dagins.5163

So, now my 3 second chill will be on 40 sec cooldown instad of 45? I can hear new meta builds comming.

I would rather keep these venoms at 45 sec CD and not mention them until remake to save people from being irritated.

Signed, level 1 alt

in PvP

Posted by: Ragnar.3916

Ragnar.3916

“Ranger – Too many rangers using Longbow – We are adding a tell of the animation for the Point Blank skill and the projectile has a purple color to distinguish it from autoattacks. "

of course too many rangers using longbow… wtf
there is so much longbow power rangers running around in teamque.
but sadly, i don’t see a single one in the eu top 100 leaderboard play this useless crap of glass cannon power ranger with this called op rapid fire in tpvp.
but no problem keep nerfing ranger builds even when they are not good while listen to the noobs in this forum.

the ranger profession must be so broken op.
was never a must heave in tpvp meta groups, but peoples cry most on this profession when it gets any useful buffs.

“-> after this Rangers will be completely fine, imho.”

no still not a really strong/useful profession full with useless traits/pets and wepons like greatsword and offhand axe.

“Engineer – Magnetic Shield (#4 skill on the shield, immobilize you and reflect). The immobilize on it was kinda weird so this ability can now be used while moving so it will act similar as the #5 skill. "

and ranger offhand axe 5 still stuck, gj anet.
engi shield is allready really strong and usefull, but rangers useless offhand axe 5 can’t move while only reflect projectiles.

(engi shield 4 can move, reflect, knock back and blast finish now.
ranger axe 5 can’t move, can reflect and well… give you retaliation and make enemys vulnerability… amazing for ranger it’s not kinda weird to stuck while use skills like this and barrage on longbow)

after you made rangers point blank shot easy predictable to make it easy to dodge (for every forum noob), this class cannon zerker build lose a lot of survive ability which is anyways really low on power ranger builds.

(edited by Ragnar.3916)

in PvP

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

“Warrior – Some changes coming to Mace which doesn’t see a lot of use ""

Wow all these awesome warr changes constantly make me feel all warm inside.Seriously…What in the flying kitten anet ? On the other hand engi is getting skills reduced from 60 to 45 sec…. ? Makes sense.

in PvP

Posted by: Jekkt.6045

Jekkt.6045

“Warrior – Some changes coming to Mace which doesn’t see a lot of use ""

Wow all these awesome warr changes constantly make me feel all warm inside.Seriously…What in the flying kitten anet ? On the other hand engi is getting skills reduced from 60 to 45 sec…. ? Makes sense.

dont forget the change to shield 4 (engi). no idea why they changed this anyway..

Ex player of PeanutButterJellyTime, Heavenly Annoying and Visceral Gaming.

in PvP

Posted by: NeMeSiS.9154

NeMeSiS.9154

Nothing will really change after this patch or any upcoming till this year at least.. same builds, same game modes, same maps,same everything.Great trolling patches..

Goddess Athena El is here since beta..
played over 10k tourneys..
has being top 25 on soloq and teamq countless times..

(edited by NeMeSiS.9154)

in PvP

Posted by: evilapprentice.6379

evilapprentice.6379

• Thief – All venom abilities had their cooldown reduced from kitten to 40s. -> Anet trolling venom thieves since 2012

Man, this is hilarious.

Anet just does not care that their entire thought process on venom’s is flawed from the get-go. They’re just going to keep wasting time and resources on changes that don’t actually fix venoms while simultaneously ignoring other huge issues with the class. It’d be funny if it wasn’t so disappointing.

If you’re a thief and haven’t
pre-ordered HOT at this point,
save yourself the money and don’t bother.

in PvP

Posted by: Terrorsquad.2349

Terrorsquad.2349

“Ranger – Too many rangers using Longbow – We are adding a tell of the animation for the Point Blank skill and the projectile has a purple color to distinguish it from autoattacks. "

of course too many rangers using longbow… wtf
there is so much longbow power rangers running around in teamque.
but sadly, i don’t see a single one in the eu top 100 leaderboard play this useless crap of glass cannon power ranger with this called op rapid fire in tpvp.

There are a few top 100 EU rangers who play power ranger (In Team Arena even!)

:>

Denied | 5.9k PvP Games | PvP Rank: 236 | 8.6k hours | 9 Legendaries | Still Bad.

in PvP

Posted by: Exile.8160

Exile.8160

Engis = Anets favorite class so they buff it even more. Why don’t they just make all classes engis and be done with it.

(edited by Exile.8160)

in PvP

Posted by: Geiir.7603

Geiir.7603

So, now my 3 second chill will be on 40 sec cooldown instad of 45? I can hear new meta builds comming.

I would rather keep these venoms at 45 sec CD and not mention them until remake to save people from being irritated.

Basilisk venom on a 40 second cooldown sound pretty sweet to me.

Melder – Thief

in PvP

Posted by: Kicast.1459

Kicast.1459

Yes !!!!
More bumping engi coming with shield 4 while moving. I can’t wait patch….

Thank you…and nice troll on skyhammer(s) joke. You know guys we appreciate.

in PvP

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

Wait necro staff auto might actually hit something now?

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

in PvP

Frenk.5917

This patch is next Tuesday, not early November.

Are you sure? This is from the main webpage:

[…] we’ll be previewing some profession balance changes you can expect in early November […]

So I assumed it was not Tuesday’s patch. That should just be the Halloween event patch.

Frenk – EU
All is vain

in PvP

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

STILL no fix for the hotjoin team swap exploit…

the incompetence levels are truly impressive.

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: Anti.9156

Anti.9156

i hardly call that a balance patch. One skill per class? Seems like they put a lot of effort in this to keep us thinking they do regular balance. And it wont even affect any of the problems (mightstacking, dd ele, celestial, Shatter Mes) the current (EU) Meta has

The balance is okish right now, but just doing a “balance” patch to make people believe they balance often is poor

in PvP

Posted by: Blackjack.5621

Blackjack.5621

still no fix to air/fire sigil

I Zapdos I
WTS Boston winner
Esl profile: http://play.eslgaming.com/player/7930634/

in PvP

Posted by: NeMeSiS.9154

NeMeSiS.9154

yep ofc no fix.. what do u expected? they fixed skyhammer by adding dodge like this was our prob in pvp..

Goddess Athena El is here since beta..
played over 10k tourneys..
has being top 25 on soloq and teamq countless times..

in PvP

Frenk.5917

This is a preview. They may have included that too.

Frenk – EU
All is vain

in PvP

Posted by: Zoso.8279

Zoso.8279

Honestly these new class updates look pretty bad a#$. Im pumped for the patch.

Necromancer Main

in PvP

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

This is a preview. They may have included that too.

And only a preview regarding class balance anyway. “Hot join team swap exploit” is in no way related to profession balance.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in PvP

Posted by: Kolly.9872

Kolly.9872

Engies cooldowns reduced by 25 – 30 %? makes sense.. devs are buffing even more their classes
and please don’t do anything for thieves anymore!! I prefer having nothing than seeing a small cd reduction (5 secs realy?) on useless venoms so that you can always tell us that you’re buffing thief this time.
Please leave thieves alone since you never showed love for this class.
Lot’s of bugs and nonsense skills and traits that are still waiting for a fix since beta.
Do you want a tip?
Why the hell “Hard to Catch” still activate its effect if I already have stability on me?

Thief might not be as strong as last year
but they’re a lot stronger
than they will be next year!

in PvP

Frenk.5917

Engies cooldowns reduced by 25 – 30 %? makes sense.. devs are buffing even more their classes

Actually, they are buffing a utility skill that a very very very small percentage of engineers use.

Frenk – EU
All is vain

in PvP

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

“Necro, the profession you can’t get away from” unless you play any other profession then necro.
As in regards to another mobile block being trown in the mix.
._.

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

in PvP

Posted by: SoLeciTO.3490

SoLeciTO.3490

For the love of . . . tell me this is a joke?

Engi more buff!!?
Thieves venoms . . . wtk . . . seriously . . . wtk.
Necro . . . dude . . . not even want to start.

This game . . . well . . . RIP.

in PvP

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

I agree with all changes but the engie shield one.

Side note: im a necro and nothing keeps me more viable than engies on my team supporting me and a engie on enemy team to nuke down but…

1) engie is already very strong: good CC and utilty on the shield + kits ofc..

2) the change was plain buff to something already good and working
just plain casualism and reduction of counter play – the engie having to stand still

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

For the most part, the changes were good. ANET is definitely out of touch though when it comes to the engi. They keep buffing the wrong skills.

Also, where is the celestial amulet nerf??? That’s the single biggest change needed in PvP.

in PvP

Posted by: Decrypter.1785

Decrypter.1785

Sure these changes are tomorrow , not early November ..

[WM]give us in game ladder

in PvP

Posted by: witcher.3197

witcher.3197

They should do something about might stacking & celestial first before changing anything else.

These were just few previews. I believe more of them are coming. Prolly they’ll do that too.

@ Guts – changing Cele might stacking would be extremely unfair around the time of major tournaments. It’s too impactful. Don’t expect any changes until the WTS ends, which is December.

@Frenk – why would they show such minor changes if huge ones are coming too? I’m sure these are the only changes. It’s more of a “we have to show we make frequent balance changes, let’s make up a balance patch by changing 1 minor thing on every class”. But because of the reason I’ve mentioned before, i can understand their decision.

in PvP

Posted by: SaintSnow.6593

SaintSnow.6593

These changes are minor class QoL changes implemented with the October patch tomorrow. They didn’t want to put anything massive in because the didn’t really want to possibly shake the current meta during tournament time with the tog/wts etc. The next actuall large patch will come in November with the feature patch.
Hopefully this trend of minor balance patches in between large feature patches continues.

Säïnt

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

These changes are minor class QoL changes implemented with the October patch tomorrow. They didn’t want to put anything massive in because the didn’t really want to possibly shake the current meta during tournament time with the tog/wts etc. The next actuall large patch will come in November with the feature patch.
Hopefully this trend of minor balance patches in between large feature patches continues.

That’s a really bad excuse. Good players will adapt.

in PvP

Posted by: Chapell.1346

Chapell.1346

• Thief – All venom abilities had their cooldown reduced from kitten to 40s.

Are they sure about this one? gasp

[Urge]
Between a master and apprentice, i would love to see the differences.