Balance in Guild Wars 2

Balance in Guild Wars 2

in PvP

Posted by: Engels.8537

Engels.8537

I don’t want to be mean, but i apologize in advance if I offend somebody,

I saw a couple broadcasts with the balance team, and i’m sure those guys never played this game, i’m completly sure they played the prologe and quit the game to keep playing call of duty or whatever they do except balancing this game,

We all know rangers were a mediocre class, after patch now we got an inmortal elementalist with a 10 seconds lasting regeneration and a thief who runs with him laying waste around,

It would take 15 minutes test and two guys to realize the ranger, at this moment, is overkill,

Engineers were one of the worst classes, now we got an inmortal guy who can hold a point against 2 enemies with ease,

Necromancers… my main class, the community gave to Anet millions of advices, the class is still facing the same issues since release, (and now we are going to get a new condition… because balance is so perfect in this game that we need more complexity),

Warriors… it should be another game called “PvE Guild Warriors” because its all they can do… kill mobs and farm,

Thieves… i’m not even going to talk about this,

What’s wrong with you guys? Why don’t you hear to some people who have played hours and hours instead a group of 3 guys who have not idea about this game?

I swear you guys i’m not a freaking genious and i don’t play more than 2 hours per day, but i could balance this game much better than your “balance team”,

And this is not an unnecessary aggression, it’s for the sake of this game that i like so much,

Please, wake up guys and start playing your own game,

Go watch some Spvp games,

This game needs balance, not a patch each 3 months whose only purpose is to screw the game even more than before,

Regards,

Don’t talk to me about toughness and vitality, damage avoidance is all in this game

Balance in Guild Wars 2

in PvP

Posted by: Valkyriez.6578

Valkyriez.6578

Balance is fine. More practice is needed.

Balance in Guild Wars 2

in PvP

Posted by: pot.6805

pot.6805

Says the guy who plays a Mesmer and a Guardian.

BeeGee
Beast mode

Balance in Guild Wars 2

in PvP

Posted by: Demonsoul.9271

Demonsoul.9271

You make some valid, constructive, and interesting points.

It’s a marvel that you aren’t a member of the balance team instead of those clearly incompetent employees at ANet who are capable only of one extreme or another, making two garbage class and six immortal gods.

It is especially unfortunate that your main is one of the only classes which isn’t godlike; the other being irrelevant since its performance versus your class is lackluster by nature.

Balance in Guild Wars 2

in PvP

Valkyriez.6578

Is this the WoW arena forums? My mistake.

Classes are fine and well within tolerable limits. FYI, I don’t play bunker or shatter on either if my classes.

Balance in Guild Wars 2

in PvP

Posted by: shimzor.6057

shimzor.6057

I guess that’s why Mist is empty, and 80% PvP-ers quit this game.

Balance in Guild Wars 2

in PvP

Valkyriez.6578

Balance as an argument for low player retention? I think not.

Systems and infrastructure has and will continue to be the short falls for GW2. It is sly being rectified but is definitely the reason for a lack of player retention, not balance.

You got your wires crossed, fixed it for ya.

Balance in Guild Wars 2

in PvP

Posted by: Arheundel.6451

Arheundel.6451

How I would balance this game:

1) Remove stealth and clones from the game
2) Reduce conditions spam
3) Reduce HP disparity between professions
4) With stealth removed, increase HP of thief, add shadow step mechanic ( as in GW1)
5) With clones removed, add hex mechanic to the mesmer ( as in GW1)
6) Remove water heals from ele
7) Increase HP of ele by 5k, add control/evasion water skills, increase overall dmg
8) Add more condition removal to the warrior

-Game fixed and everybody enjoy the game, game is alive and well…..

Just a dream I know, this game is already on its death bed, 60-70% of players use a stealth profession and the current population in sPvP is a display of this screw up

Balance in Guild Wars 2

in PvP

Arheundel.6451

Is this the WoW arena forums? My mistake.

Classes are fine and well within tolerable limits. FYI, I don’t play bunker or shatter on either if my classes.

As @Pot said….somebody who play mesmer and guardian will of course be happy with balance, that’s why this game will last few months more

Balance in Guild Wars 2

in PvP

Posted by: Empathetic Fighter.2065

Empathetic Fighter.2065

4) With stealth removed, increase HP of thief, add shadow step mechanic ( as in GW1)
7) Increase HP of ele by 5k, add control/evasion water skills, increase overall dmg

Just a dream I know, this game is already on its death bed, 60-70% of players use a stealth profession and the current population in sPvP is a display of this screw up

I don’t want to insult you, but we are lucky that you are not working for A-Net balance-wise.

Read It Backwards [BooN]

Balance in Guild Wars 2

in PvP

Engels.8537

Systems and infrastructure has and will continue to be the short falls for GW2. It is sly being rectified but is definitely the reason for a lack of player retention, not balance.

What’s your level in Spvp?

Did you play any other class besides guardian and mesmer?

I’m just curious,

Oh, and thanks for such useful comments so far,

Sorry Arheundel but i have to agree with Empathetic Fighter, terrible suggestions,

Except the last one, anyway you can use shouts and runes of the soldiers if that is a major issue,

Don’t talk to me about toughness and vitality, damage avoidance is all in this game

(edited by Engels.8537)

Balance in Guild Wars 2

in PvP

Arheundel.6451

I don’t want to insult you, but we are lucky that you are not working for A-Net balance-wise.

It’s because you play a guardian that’s why!
You never receive nerfs and all your trait lines are usable, you’re required in basically every aspect of the game, you play a profession played by the anet devs…hence you don’t get nerfs..ever!
The rest ( ele for example) get 50-70% reduction on healing and dmg, while still being forced literally in using 2 trait lines all the time as the other three have been left pre-alpha stage, 2/3 of the utilities are garbage and our elites are not game changing….finally with 3s animation skills even my grandma can effectively dodge ele attacks

Balance in Guild Wars 2

in PvP

Posted by: Beesu.9203

Beesu.9203

You never receive nerfs and all your trait lines are usable, you’re required in basically every aspect of the game, you play a profession played by the anet devs…hence you don’t get nerfs..ever!
The rest ( ele for example) get 50-70% reduction on healing and dmg, while still being forced literally in using 2 trait lines all the time as the other three have been left pre-alpha stage, 2/3 of the utilities are garbage and our elites are not game changing….finally with 3s animation skills even my grandma can effectively dodge ele attacks

guardian elites are game changing? lolz

Balance in Guild Wars 2

in PvP

Posted by: Empathetic Fighter.2065

Empathetic Fighter.2065

Well, warrior and ele is my second class. Besides that I played with every class about 200 games or more. Also I talk about balance with many other ppl on the scene. So when I refer to balance, my opinion is not based on the view of a guardian only.
But if someone propose to “delete” two chore mechanics, because he has problems with them or w/e, it won’t make this game more balanced at all.

Read It Backwards [BooN]

Balance in Guild Wars 2

in PvP

Engels.8537

Warriors are the worst class by far at Pvp, that’s clear,

Elementalists are okey at the moment, it’s one of the classes who less time i invested, but i don’t see any major issue,

On the other hand guardians are, in my humble opinion, the only well balanced class, but a little bit more boon hate would be ok,

Balance in Guild Wars 2

in PvP

Posted by: Reesha.7901

Reesha.7901

So only people that play necromancers and warriors are allowed an opinion? :P

I think most people agree that necromancers and warriors need a bit of tweeking still.
However: Bringing them up to par with the rest surely is better than bringing everyone else down no?

Balance in Guild Wars 2

in PvP

Valkyriez.6578

What’s your level in Spvp?

Did you play any other class besides guardian and mesmer?

I’m just curious,

Oh, and thanks for such useful comments so far,

Sorry Arheundel but i have to agree with Empathetic Fighter, terrible suggestions,

Except the last one, anyway you can use shouts and runes of the soldiers if that is a major issue,

Rank 30 in sPvP but that’s irrelevant anyway. I have played other classes actually. I used to play a warrior. Did I stop because of balance though? No. I stopped playing warrior because I played it all through beta and realized I needed a change. I am normally species as a DPS Guardian, far from optimal and certainly no bunker. My Mesmer isn’t Shatter spec either.

I’ve dabbled in necro, Engi and Ranger but besides the Engi, none of them appealed. I despise pet management and reliance and I’m not very partial to range classes either. I prefer melee, with Greatsword Guardian being my personal favorite.

Balance in Guild Wars 2

in PvP

Posted by: emon.1863

emon.1863

Balance is in bad shape , some classes are “better” as others, ofcource in TeamPlay you can balance it out “a bit”. But even then taking Necro and Warrior is a risk for the team.
-they can’t support team or they are not really good at it
-they both are easily killed
-they are bad at point holding
-etc.