Balanced Necro

Balanced Necro

in PvP

Posted by: MTC.9536

MTC.9536

First of all and the first time ever to be honest: well done anet considering necro. Finally the fears are not stupidetly long because dhuumfire is worthless now so ppl spec into different trait lines which reduces the fear duration a lot, which is overall good. But that is only possible because of the new curses grandmaster trait which is really good but to my mind totally balanced. The skill IS dodgeable so please guys before you complain you get a little corrupt all the time keep in mind that you can evade it and the necro will get ported to the enemy which is not always good so there is a little downside on this skill but that is totally ok. BUT PLS ANET DON’T NERF THIS TRAIT AS YOU DID WITH DHUUMFIRE THX because implementing a trait and then nerfing it several times is ridicilous.

PS: still really sad that dhuumfire as a GM trait is now sooo weak, but it is better for the overall game balance and counter play
PSS: Nerf Diamond Skin already!! Compared to Automated Response there is absolutely no counterplay..

Balanced Necro

in PvP

Posted by: Chase.8415

Chase.8415

What exact did they change with dhuumfire that made it “Useless”? Getting a lifeblast off isn’t that difficult.

Balanced Necro

in PvP

Posted by: MTC.9536

MTC.9536

The problem with lifeblast is that you won’t hit the target you want in a teamfight with all the spirits and stuff and with the dhuumfire build you don’t get enough lifeforce to enter deathshroud every 10s, so the trait is pretty much 2.6k every maybe 10-15s or something, while it can be blinded, dodged, blocked and everything, so not a good GM at all

Balanced Necro

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

Having tested necro since the patch this post is 100% accurate. Necro takes skill and is balanced finally. You can do good things with necro or you can fail and do bad things. Finally necro is skill based again.

Please do not nerf or buff anything on necro that is going to break it again.

Anet actually made an amazing balance patch. Please listen to ventari and me (we both played necro for a long time) on this anet. Do not nerf necro because it doesn’t need it. It takes skill at last

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

(edited by Lordrosicky.5813)

Balanced Necro

in PvP

Posted by: Lue.6538

Lue.6538

The problem with lifeblast is that you won’t hit the target you want in a teamfight with all the spirits and stuff and with the dhuumfire build you don’t get enough lifeforce to enter deathshroud every 10s, so the trait is pretty much 2.6k every maybe 10-15s or something, while it can be blinded, dodged, blocked and everything, so not a good GM at all

I’d gladly have 2.6k every 10-15s, but I’m a mesmer so thats just not how I roll.

Balanced Necro

in PvP

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

1) against good players, it is useless. A 1.30s fire rate can mean it take 5 seconds before you actualy hit some1, in this time u wasted DS as your defense AND you didnt apply any other conditions so youre also wasting DPS

2) Against bad players, its still annoying to hit just cz of the clones/pets flying around

3) It is gated behind DS, something you start without with… Hopefuly this can now get adressed

4) Youre blowing your actualy small suply of life force as condi necro, just to get the deeps to scratch a hambot

5) The new curses GM feels like ok trade and it looks ok from design pov, moving condi necros into condi trees.

6) My personal only, may change ofc: I cant find a logical rotation for it. i know its just 2 days, just saying

Dont get me wrong, im 100% for the removal of dhuumfire &co. (yes engies youre next), hope this point make u see why its not worth taking it.

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

Balanced Necro

in PvP

Posted by: Forsaker.9213

Forsaker.9213

Balanced Necro

in PvP

Posted by: Leeto.1570

Leeto.1570

Well ye, why else would necros say that its “balanced” and “takes skill”.
Anet makes it so applying burn takes some brain so everyone just jumps on passive fear XD
Yes anet, necro is fine now and not OP at all, it takes alot of skill for me to sit in front of screen while target is in perma fear that got started by passive fear, no nerfs needed here. Thank you, you fixed the class.

Balanced Necro

in PvP

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

what was that?

2x 1s wall + 1,5s ds#3 + 1s mark = kitten

then was that 2s nightmare proc or 2s interupt trait… or both? so 6,5 or 8,5 seconds * durations

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

Balanced Necro

in PvP

Posted by: Druss.6917

Druss.6917

That was just a reeeeally bad player on a poorly designed map. I saw at least 3 times they kept running right into that spectral wall instead of simply portaling out. Using spamhammer map to showcase anything is pointless. It’s a broken map…

“Come to me and die you stinking whoresons. For I am Druss, and This is Death!”

Balanced Necro

in PvP

Posted by: Rennoko.5731

Rennoko.5731

That was just a reeeeally bad player on a poorly designed map. I saw at least 3 times they kept running right into that spectral wall instead of simply portaling out. Using spamhammer map to showcase anything is pointless. It’s a broken map…

The mesmer actually breaks the fear to blink into the spectral wall…. to get feared again. It is perhaps the most ludicruous situation against the most vulnerable class, in the most closed-in of locations on the least balanced map.

Passive fear is stupid no doubt, but as soon as everyone realizes that the 50% proc on nightmare is really a nerf, because all you need to do is use stability – attack them – wastes the proc for 90 seconds as it will almost certainly go off in 1-3 hits on the necro. Same with reapers protection…. just make sure to start with stability – stun them, wastes both nightmare and reapers protection, and then you have 60 seconds of no passive effects, and all it costs you was stability or zerker stances or shatter 4, which is of course good to start with on a necro anyhow.

Balanced Necro

in PvP

Posted by: Uhtameit.2413

Uhtameit.2413

Mmmmmh, what a consistent opinion. Allow me to remind you :

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/Ventari-on-Upcoming-Necro-Changes/first#post3529451

don’t change the necro that way you said it in “ready up”. It will destroy the class completely.

Other than that, removing 10% of the life of an ele is only an “issue” in 1v1 and barely anyone uses the trait at all. But this is MTC, king of all necro QQ, so no wonder.

Balanced Necro

in PvP

Forsaker.9213

i linked this vod not becouse its so OP , i did to show that if u aware of what traits/runes u are using u can still chain fear ppl wven not going 30pts in spite but ofc now its way easier to counter necro chain fear. PPl need to remeber that necro is using nightmare runes do most of the time 1 st hit will propably couse fear so be sure u have stunbreak/stab rdy , also remeber about reapers protection. Thise 2 fears are easy to counter.

Balanced Necro

in PvP

Posted by: Slim.3024

Slim.3024

Whenever people claim their class is balanced like this, you can expect the class either to be absolutely overpowered or the player has been doing well.

If it’s the first, this thread is going to explode. If it’s the latter, these players will be back to complain about how underpowered their class is once things settle and they have had a streak of losses.

And Uhtameit, great post. 180s like that are so common, but people tend to forget.

Balanced Necro

in PvP

Uhtameit.2413

i linked this vod not becouse its so OP , i did to show that if u aware of what traits/runes u are using u can still chain fear ppl wven not going 30pts in spite but ofc now its way easier to counter necro chain fear. PPl need to remeber that necro is using nightmare runes do most of the time 1 st hit will propably couse fear so be sure u have stunbreak/stab rdy , also remeber about reapers protection. Thise 2 fears are easy to counter.

Rune of the nightmare should probably get reverted, a 3s fear every 90s is a bit too much. Other than that, yes both fears can be countered but that makes it 4 fears (5 with the wall, really) : evenf if you have your stunbreaker ready, you’re going to have a hard time given the number and duration of the fears. But still, the only issue imo is the rune, the rest is fine.

Balanced Necro

in PvP

Forsaker.9213

Rune of the nightmare should probably get reverted, a 3s fear every 90s is a bit too much. Other than that, yes both fears can be countered but that makes it 4 fears (5 with the wall, really) : evenf if you have your stunbreaker ready, you’re going to have a hard time given the number and duration of the fears. But still, the only issue imo is the rune, the rest is fine.

yup i agree , nightmare runes should be 1s fear

Balanced Necro

in PvP

Posted by: Nemiros.3590

Nemiros.3590

I consider necro to be balanced currently, dhuumfire change was good and the new traits fill the void of the nerfs we got to balance dhuumfire. As someone who has played necro since prerelease im happy this patch.

The people QQing about the fears will learn to counter it, its very easy. Its so easy to counter that I expect necro to stop using nightmare soon. Stopped using those a while ago

Balanced Necro

in PvP

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

Dont get me wrong, im 100% for the removal of dhuumfire &co. (yes engies youre next), hope this point make u see why its not worth taking it.

We’re not next. IP will stay as is. Different professions, different mechanics. So I wouldn’t hold your breath on IP changes. ;-)

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

Balanced Necro

in PvP

Posted by: Slim.3024

Slim.3024

Having tested necro since the patch this post is 100% accurate. Necro takes skill and is balanced finally. You can do good things with necro or you can fail and do bad things. Finally necro is skill based again.

Please do not nerf or buff anything on necro that is going to break it again.

Anet actually made an amazing balance patch. Please listen to ventari and me (we both played necro for a long time) on this anet. Do not nerf necro because it doesn’t need it. It takes skill at last

Let me quote a post of yours from yesterday:

Loving necro. Am wrecking face haha. Feels more Op than dhuumfire patch.

Main Account: Henry Rank Million/Duke Henry

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/List-of-changes-that-I-personally-dislike/first#post3901221

Balanced Necro

in PvP

Posted by: butch.8136

butch.8136

^ Maybe the early excitement everyone had in combination with the influx of newbies. :p

Razor xxxx (Desolation ; Off)
Bring back: ‘Gamer’ title + MAT’s!
Throw out: Hotjoin!

Balanced Necro

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

^ Maybe the early excitement everyone had in combination with the influx of newbies. :p

Yeh pretty much.

Some posters in this thread are seemingly of the view that changing your mind when you learn more is a bad thing. This is the attitude of anet unfortunetly and its why we got no new game mode yet because they don’t admit their errors in judgement. Being stubborn isnt a good thing and people in this thread should learn that

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

Balanced Necro

in PvP

Posted by: zilcho.7624

zilcho.7624

Yeh pretty much.

Some posters in this thread are seemingly of the view that changing your mind when you learn more is a bad thing. This is the attitude of anet unfortunetly and its why we got no new game mode yet because they don’t admit their errors in judgement. Being stubborn isnt a good thing and people in this thread should learn that

Unless you happen to change your mind in direct conjunction with what wins the argument. That is a little suspect.

Balanced Necro

in PvP

Posted by: Sorgblad.7648

Sorgblad.7648

I agree with Ventari.
I even ran some variations of the previous meta build without Dhuumfire pre-patch and as I stated a few times in the past, I dont think Necro needs access to burning to be viable. It is also very enjoyable to play it at the moment, Im really loving the new Curses trait and the class feels balanced.
However RNG based Nightmare/Reapers Protection build can be not so pleasant to play against.

Commonly known as Ytendra

(edited by Sorgblad.7648)

Balanced Necro

in PvP

Posted by: manveruppd.7601

manveruppd.7601

We’re a little short of cover conditions though. Bleeds stay on targets a lot less.

A bad necromancer always blames the corpse.

Balanced Necro

in PvP

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

I’m fine with condi necros (I’m mm, big counter of mine) but the runes are a bit over the top.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

Balanced Necro

in PvP

Uhtameit.2413