Bite the bullet already, ANet...

in PvP

Posted by: Konrad Curze.5130

Konrad Curze.5130

GW2 will never be an ESport. never. ever. not happening. not today, not tomorrow, not the day after.

and if it makes you feel better, it isnt entirely your fault

see? people nowadays just dont give a crap for ESports in GW2 fashion. not even Blizzard can pull it with WoW, and if they cant, God knows you wont either.

hell, not even starcraft 2, which not long ago was a frikin religion, matters anymore in the grand scheme of things.

the name of the game is DOTA. LoL. HoN. etc etc etc. not even BF/CoD can cast a shadow on them. you are not a moba nowadays = you are nonfactor and you will get less viewers than FOX news.

well…..obviously, having a beyond pathetic balance, an utter lack of anything ressembling a healthy and lively meta and counter-meta, and just one gameplay mode that nearly everybody hates wholeheartly, didnt really help your case that much.

but even if everything you did had NOT been wrong (which it was), you wouldnt have pulled it off anyway.

so please, bite the bullet, lick your wounds, and start working on adding all the things that you sacrificed till now in your insane quest for becoming ESport.
more meta, more balance, more variety, and please, many more modes.

oh, and the higher up guy that kept telling you all that it would work, just wait, we’ll make it…yep, you know who…fire him. seriously. that will be the best thing you’ll do this year. get rid of that muppet.

in PvP

Posted by: dejay.2598

dejay.2598

fox news has the highest viewer of any mainstream media though

prob cuz CNN is government controlled, msnbc is MY FEELINGS > YOUR OPINION, and ABC rather talk about cats

msnbc can’t even run news 24/7 their rating are so bad lel

not that fox news is any good though, Stossel is the only proper journalist on there

in PvP

Posted by: Diage.6451

Diage.6451

prob cuz CNN is government controlled, msnbc is MY FEELINGS > YOUR OPINION, and ABC rather talk about cats

not that fox news is any good though, Stossel is the only proper journalist on there

Republicans

in PvP

Posted by: Konrad Curze.5130

Konrad Curze.5130

bad metaphor I guess. I was thinking of “less informed viewers” lol

in PvP

Posted by: dejay.2598

dejay.2598

bad metaphor I guess. I was thinking of “less informed viewers” lol

If you depend on mainstream media you aren’t informed either. Yes, that includes huffpost/NYT ect.

in PvP

Posted by: samo.1054

samo.1054

I actually think GW2 could pull off an e-sport IF the sPvP was on the level or even a level higher than what it was in GW1, because many people expected that, and many many people bought the game exclusively for that, my guild just one of the great many. We came from GW1…

in PvP

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

How is giving up on Esports going to fix GW2? Giving up on their ‘way’ of going after Esports is what should be said here rather than giving up on it altogether.

Esports can be created without limiting everyone to one mode. Esports can be created if you just listen to the people who play the competitive game the most. If they just gave Necros that buff to deathshroud that they did instead of giving them burning and a megathon laser full of fears, then we wouldn’t have people leaving left right and centre.

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

(edited by Dirame.8521)

in PvP

Posted by: roamzero.9486

roamzero.9486

Anet should release a free pvp client. Require a certain glory rank before being able to join in with players that have the regular game/be ranked etc.

in PvP

Posted by: Brutal Arts.6307

Brutal Arts.6307

How is giving up on Esports going to fix GW2? Giving up on their ‘way’ of going after Esports is what should be said here rather than giving up on it altogether.

Esports can be created without limiting everyone to one mode. Esports can be created if you just listen to the people who play the competitive game the most. If they just gave Necros that buff to deathshroud that they did instead of giving them burning and a megathon laser full of fears, then we wouldn’t have people leaving left right and centre.

Maybe they could move those resources to making pvp Fun or more rewarding or new game modes.

You have gotten what you paid for, all that remains is biweekly gemshop pushing.

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.6245

Archaon.6245

I actually think GW2 could pull off an e-sport IF the sPvP was on the level or even a level higher than what it was in GW1, because many people expected that, and many many people bought the game exclusively for that, my guild just one of the great many. We came from GW1…

I know the feeling man…

in PvP

Posted by: gwawer.9805

gwawer.9805

forget esports

just make the game more fun. more variety. experiment. who cares about esports

in PvP

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

If enjoyment of a good pvp game makes it thrive E-sport will come by itself.

And yeah it seems E-sport is the focus just to release in Asia. The E-sport walhalla.

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

in PvP

Posted by: Knote.2904

Knote.2904

It COULD one day possibly be an esports.

However if they abandoned the idea of it being an esports and just focused on making the game as fun and balanced as possible then it would most likely start growing a competitive scene.

in PvP

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

i don’t think the problem is “is it going to be an esport or not”. it could surely be.

the problem is trying to force your way into it. when you go in with the mentality that you’re going to turn something into something it is not (an esport, a new “classic”, or “the new star wars” as bungie is doing with destiny), you’ll likely fail.

GW2 has more chance of becoming an e-sport if ANet focuses on GW2 as the game than if they focus on GW2 as the sport. once it becomes a sport, then you worry about sport stuff.

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell

in PvP

Posted by: tichorum.2415

tichorum.2415

GW2 will never be an ESport. never. ever. not happening. not today, not tomorrow, not the day after.

and if it makes you feel better, it isnt entirely your fault

see? people nowadays just dont give a crap for ESports in GW2 fashion. not even Blizzard can pull it with WoW, and if they cant, God knows you wont either.

hell, not even starcraft 2, which not long ago was a frikin religion, matters anymore in the grand scheme of things.

the name of the game is DOTA. LoL. HoN. etc etc etc. not even BF/CoD can cast a shadow on them. you are not a moba nowadays = you are nonfactor and you will get less viewers than FOX news.

well…..obviously, having a beyond pathetic balance, an utter lack of anything ressembling a healthy and lively meta and counter-meta, and just one gameplay mode that nearly everybody hates wholeheartly, didnt really help your case that much.

but even if everything you did had NOT been wrong (which it was), you wouldnt have pulled it off anyway.

so please, bite the bullet, lick your wounds, and start working on adding all the things that you sacrificed till now in your insane quest for becoming ESport.
more meta, more balance, more variety, and please, many more modes.

oh, and the higher up guy that kept telling you all that it would work, just wait, we’ll make it…yep, you know who…fire him. seriously. that will be the best thing you’ll do this year. get rid of that muppet.

SC2 and CoD are esports. You sound ignorant and oblivious to everything going on around you.

Former PvP commentator for ESL & Arenanet.

I used to run the Academy Gaming tournaments for GW2.

in PvP

Posted by: TGSlasher.1458

TGSlasher.1458

Fox news? never heard of them.

Slasher Sladorian – Charr Warrior – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Sladorian – Charr Ranger – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Of Elements – Human Elementalist – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows

in PvP

Posted by: noobftw.9654

noobftw.9654

i don’t think the problem is “is it going to be an esport or not”. it could surely be.

the problem is trying to force your way into it. when you go in with the mentality that you’re going to turn something into something it is not (an esport, a new “classic”, or “the new star wars” as bungie is doing with destiny), you’ll likely fail.

GW2 has more chance of becoming an e-sport if ANet focuses on GW2 as the game than if they focus on GW2 as the sport. once it becomes a sport, then you worry about sport stuff.

^
Anet, please listen to this dude, and the community. Stop trying to force your way into esport. A bad game in esport is worse than a bad game clear of any fancy. Instead just focus on the gameplay, lets have more builds, more weapons, more game modes and more ways to have fun. If u put you energy into the game itself, u will have a esport game b4 u notice.