Blind needs to go back

Blind needs to go back

in PvP

Posted by: Fenrir.5493

Fenrir.5493

Right now as it is a thief can spam and perma blind you all the time and you cant do anything about it, you dont even want to waste a condition removal on that because they are so easy applicable that is really unfair to have you all the time unable to attack, i find that this mechanic needs to go back so we can remove it just with the swing of the weapon is the only way to make it fair to the current state that is so spammable.

This thing makes aegis look like a baby.

“We also realize that we can make mistakes but we dont care because I HAVE THE POWAAA!!”

(edited by Fenrir.5493)

Blind needs to go back

in PvP

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

blind is fine

thief need finetuning in application and warrior need some blindduration reduce in traits

(edited by Romek.4201)

Blind needs to go back

in PvP

Fenrir.5493

If its going to stay the way it is it should not be spammable is simple as that, right now it is.

“We also realize that we can make mistakes but we dont care because I HAVE THE POWAAA!!”

Blind needs to go back

in PvP

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

ye sure – thief has to much from it and need to be nerfed

but blind how it is now is fine and very useful for other classes – which cant spam it
how i said it need finetuning
how often can a class use it OR like a warrior need some antiblind mechanics/traits

Blind needs to go back

in PvP

Posted by: Evilek.5690

Evilek.5690

Right now as it is a thief can spam and perma blind you all the time and you cant do anything about it, you dont even want to waste a condition removal on that because they are so easy applicable that is really unfair to have you all the time unable to attack, i find that this mechanic needs to go back so we can remove it just with the swing of the weapon is the only way to make it fair to the current state that is so spammable.

Stay out of Black Powder

Problem fixed

Evilek lvl 80 Charr Thief Why no ?
Fredy Brimstone lvl 80 Mighty Warrior
OupĂ­ lvl 80 Immortal Guardian

Blind needs to go back

in PvP

Posted by: Jzaku.9765

Jzaku.9765

Stay out of Black Powder

Problem fixed

Yes that is definitely the problem, not the black powder shot applying blind, the heartseeker through it also applying blind ,the gap closing shadowshot also applying blind, and I have just describe practically the whole of a D/P thief’s repeatable rotation

Not saying it’s not counterable but it requires far far more effort on your part and practically requires the thief to make a mistake, but just saying that little blind pulsing field is the only cause of blind issues is just a show of massive ignorance.

Blind needs to go back

in PvP

Posted by: CntrlAltDefeat.1465

CntrlAltDefeat.1465

Did you see how blindbot elementalists were bought back in line in gw1?..they weren’t really..you just got a 4 second window where they couldn’t rinse-repeat blind on you. If it didn’t back balanced then, I dare say it won’t change now. This of course, is only opinion and not fact.

Blind needs to go back

in PvP

Posted by: swinsk.6410

swinsk.6410

Thief blind doesn’t need nerf. It’s part if our defense. We don’t have endure pain or mist form or elixir s, etc. All we got is blinds and stealth and evades. All which can be countered, unlike a endure pain or mist form, etc.

L2p or nerf it and give thieves invulns.

Just another noob thief…

Blind needs to go back

in PvP

Posted by: google.3709

google.3709

Thief blind doesn’t need nerf. It’s part if our defense. We don’t have endure pain or mist form or elixir s, etc. All we got is blinds and stealth and evades. All which can be countered, unlike a endure pain or mist form, etc.

L2p or nerf it and give thieves invulns.

you do realize those skills last for 3-4s right ? :/ and have long cool downs ? or that spammable stealth, blinds, and evades is far better than a 3s invul on a 60s cd :S

and blind is fine as it is, before the change it wasn’t notice, now it’s doing its Job and its no where best as strings as gw2, then again.. u could rupt on gw1! God… I miss my rupts

Blind needs to go back

in PvP

Fenrir.5493

Stay out of Black Powder

Problem fixed

So if im a warrior and i need to stay close to hit the thief i am now forbiden to do so because the thief ca spam this field?… eonugh with your bs.

And even if i did so, the blinds of thief are not only comming from that field, they have tons ways to put blind is a joke completely and mark my words is getting nerfed.

Blind needs to go back

in PvP

Posted by: Velron.3729

Velron.3729

Blind is fine, only duration and ease/frequency of application needs to be looked at now to get the balance right.

/signed slow mace using Warrior.

Fragg – Engineer | Lil Zek – Warrior PVP R43
[DA] Decisive Actions – Jade Quarry

Blind needs to go back

in PvP

Posted by: evilapprentice.6379

evilapprentice.6379

Stay out of Black Powder

Problem fixed

So if im a warrior and i need to stay close to hit the thief i am now forbiden to do so because the thief ca spam this field?… eonugh with your bs.

And even if i did so, the blinds of thief are not only comming from that field, they have tons ways to put blind is a joke completely and mark my words is getting nerfed.

Black powders field isn’t big enough to deny your melee range – there’s no place the thief can stand where you can’t get melee range on him and still be outside the field – just don’t charge into it blindly and you’ll be fine. If he retreats into the field, circle it and you’ll have him back in range in a second. Let’s also note that if he is hiding towards the back of the field and you can’t hit him with melee without entering it (again, by just blindly walking into it instead of intelligently circling around it)….he can’t hit you with melee.

It’s really just a matter of skill, don’t stand in the field.

Also lets note that a skill that costs half a standard initiative bar isn’t “Spammable”.

If you’re a thief and haven’t
pre-ordered HOT at this point,
save yourself the money and don’t bother.

Blind needs to go back

in PvP

Posted by: Velron.3729

Velron.3729

Stay out of Black Powder

Problem fixed

Black powders field isn’t big enough to deny your melee range – there’s no place the thief can stand where you can’t get melee range on him and still be outside the field – just don’t charge into it blindly and you’ll be fine. If he retreats into the field, circle it and you’ll have him back in range in a second. Let’s also note that if he is hiding towards the back of the field and you can’t hit him with melee without entering it (again, by just blindly walking into it instead of intelligently circling around it)….he can’t hit you with melee.

Also lets note that a skill that costs half a standard initiative bar isn’t “Spammable”.

You’re wasting your time. Check his post history – he is extremely negative and wont be happy until Warriors become the new easymode FOTM profession.

A Warrior in our community even posted this. He was negative in it as well. https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/warrior/Defektive-s-How-To-1v1-a-good-Thief/first#content

Fragg – Engineer | Lil Zek – Warrior PVP R43
[DA] Decisive Actions – Jade Quarry

Blind needs to go back

in PvP

Posted by: dreztina.4820

dreztina.4820

I really do hate the blind change. It went from a strong ability with counterplay, to an insanely strong ability with no counterplay.

Out of Attunement – D/D Ele
Maguuma

Blind needs to go back

in PvP

evilapprentice.6379

I really do hate the blind change. It went from a strong ability with counterplay, to an insanely strong ability with no counterplay.

Missing an AA swing on empty space clearing blind was “Counterplay”?

Blind needs to go back

in PvP

Posted by: dreztina.4820

dreztina.4820

Missing an AA swing on empty space clearing blind was “Counterplay”?

Yep.

Out of Attunement – D/D Ele
Maguuma

Blind needs to go back

in PvP

Jzaku.9765

He means You used to have to time your blinds properly or it’d just be instantly cleansed off. Now you can just apply them whenever you feel like it, and even stacking its duration is effective in some situations. The devs stated that it “raised the skill cap” on blinds in the sotg but from any reasonable person’s perspective it has been lowered SIGNIFICANTLY.

Blind needs to go back

in PvP

evilapprentice.6379

He means You used to have to time your blinds properly or it’d just be instantly cleansed off. Now you can just apply them whenever you feel like it, and even stacking its duration is effective in some situations. The devs stated that it “raised the skill cap” on blinds in the sotg but from any reasonable person’s perspective it has been lowered SIGNIFICANTLY.

It raised the skillcap of countering blind.

It used to be “Oh i’m blinded? I’ll just spam AA while I close distance because clearly, missing a swing on empty air is the same as missing an actual target because of the blind effect”.

Now you actually have to miss what would have been an effective hit to clear blind – it made blind an actually useful condition.

Blind needs to go back

in PvP

Posted by: Aza.2105

Aza.2105

It used to be “Oh i’m blinded? I’ll just spam AA while I close distance because clearly, missing a swing on empty air is the same as missing an actual target because of the blind effect”.

Now you actually have to miss what would have been an effective hit to clear blind – it made blind an actually useful condition.

It doesn’t make sense, why do you need to connect with your hit for blind to go away?

Amd Ryzen 1800x – Amd Fury X -64GB of ram
Windows 10

Blind needs to go back

in PvP

evilapprentice.6379

It doesn’t make sense, why do you need to connect with your hit for blind to go away?

Because in a game that is supposed to reward positioning and timing, what good is a condition that says “AA once to clear”?

Blind needs to go back

in PvP

Fenrir.5493

Stay out of Black Powder

Problem fixed

Sure, everything seems very legit on paper but the reality is other man, sorry your blinds are broken and are going to get nerfed.

Blind needs to go back

in PvP

Posted by: Volrath.1473

Volrath.1473

here is the fix you are looking for:
- Do not stand on smoke fields

Blind needs to go back

in PvP

Fenrir.5493

here is the fix you are looking for:
- Do not stand on smoke fields

Here is the answer to that:

Stop your BS.

Yes that is definitely the problem, not the black powder shot applying blind, the heartseeker through it also applying blind ,the gap closing shadowshot also applying blind, and I have just describe practically the whole of a D/P thief’s repeatable rotation

Not saying it’s not counterable but it requires far far more effort on your part and practically requires the thief to make a mistake, but just saying that little blind pulsing field is the only cause of blind issues is just a show of massive ignorance.

(edited by Fenrir.5493)

Blind needs to go back

in PvP

Posted by: Volrath.1473

Volrath.1473

stealth is on a 4sec reveled not to mention the initiative cost to get in it. the way it is described BP + HS its 7init on a 12init pool even with Infusion of Shadow it costs 5 init
meaning it can only be done once every 4 secs and since it has high init cost it cant be spammed as ppl seem to believe.

Is it hard to counter a D/P thief? indeed it is! is it killable? ofc it is. i play a thief myself and use a different weapon setup and I kill them all the time…

if he uses BP i KNOW there is a HS on the way so i dodge it and get away from were i was standing to avoid a BS, he will try it a second time and i do exactly the same maneuver, now he is on a low init pool and there is very little he can do wile i’m still full and take him down easily.

D/P thieves are VERY predictable i’m amazed how ppl didn’t learn yet how to counter them…

Blind needs to go back

in PvP

Posted by: Anelyn.4593

Anelyn.4593

Blind is fine. Weakness is fine. PvP is not tab target pve mob and press 1-2-3 KILL! You need to learn what classes can do and when they can do it (CD / initiative cost, timing etc) and pay attention to your buffs / debuffs.

Unless of course you think like a pve mob who goes sitting in the black powder getting AA spammed to death.

Blind needs to go back

in PvP

evilapprentice.6379

Stay out of Black Powder

Problem fixed

Sure, everything seems very legit on paper but the reality is other man, sorry your blinds are broken and are going to get nerfed.

My blinds? I’ve run exclusively S/D (except for when I’m kittening around) since a month or two before the LS patch – I have 0 access to blinds in my spec, and blinds are actually fairly strong against thief sword players – I just know the game well enough to know that blinds are currently not broken, and they should have been this way from the start.

It took a few games to get used to the difference, but it’s very easy to play with skill, rather than come crying to the boards for nerfs.

Blind needs to go back

in PvP

Posted by: VidurrRedhands.1964

VidurrRedhands.1964

Blind needs to make your screen go black and lose the ability to auto target but still allow you to score hits if you get lucky.

Blind needs to go back

in PvP

Jzaku.9765

Blind right now essentially functions as an extremely re-applicable aegis. It really doesn’t matter if it can be cleansed by condition cleanse if it’s so common.

Blind needs to go back

in PvP

Posted by: Cyhann.2609

Cyhann.2609

Blind needs to make your screen go black and lose the ability to auto target but still allow you to score hits if you get lucky.

Blind would get even more hate then it did.

Blind needs to go back

in PvP

Posted by: Sepreh.5924

Sepreh.5924

Blind is one of the few acute defenses necromancers have and cannot be spammed. Please keep this in mind when thinking about a change to a condition rather than a change to a single classes application of that condition

Legendary Sepreh, Necromancer
[SYN] Synyster Legion | Dragonbrand Server
Youtube Necromancer

Blind needs to go back

in PvP

Fenrir.5493

black powder is not spammable if anything it’s a fine line to keep initiative from tanking even with initiative signet.

It is.

Blind needs to go back

in PvP

Posted by: TGSlasher.1458

TGSlasher.1458

As a blind spamming ele, I agree with what you say. Your blinded, how are you going to know if you hit something or missed it? I find blind to be weird in games where you control your character from 3rd person, doesn’t make sense. If your whole screen went black (or even murky like) for no more the 2 or 3 seconds, that would open some interesting gameplay.

Slasher Sladorian – Charr Warrior – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Sladorian – Charr Ranger – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Of Elements – Human Elementalist – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows

Blind needs to go back

in PvP

Fenrir.5493

As a blind spamming ele, I agree with what you say. Your blinded, how are you going to know if you hit something or missed it? I find blind to be weird in games where you control your character from 3rd person, doesn’t make sense. If your whole screen went black (or even murky like) for no more the 2 or 3 seconds, that would open some interesting gameplay.

I know that thiefs at the moment are the most anoying class with this blind mechanics, other classes seem to be fair or i never had noticed any kind of abuse of blinds only thieves.

Blind needs to go back

in PvP

Posted by: Kwll.1468

Kwll.1468

A-net doesn’t know how to balance classes properly so they have to constantly add cheese to classes they feel are underpowered. Its called the easy way out.

Blind needs to go back

in PvP

Posted by: feliscatus.1430

feliscatus.1430

A-net doesn’t know how to balance classes properly so they have to constantly add cheese to classes they feel are underpowered. Its called the easy way out.

You think classes should be balanced, it’s called not knowing what the kitten you’re talking about

Blind needs to go back

in PvP

Posted by: jmatb.6307

jmatb.6307

The apex predator thief build uses no blinds of any shape or form…

Blind needs to go back

in PvP

Fenrir.5493

Bump for truth.

Blind needs to go back

in PvP

Posted by: Defektive.7283

Defektive.7283

I think this is the first time I’ve agreed with you.

tPvP Warrior
http://www.twitch.tv/defektive
Team Blacklisted [Envy]

Blind needs to go back

in PvP

Fenrir.5493

I think the main problem here is maybe not the blind, but THIEVES.

Blind needs to go back

in PvP

Posted by: Juan Ignacio.8903

Juan Ignacio.8903

im sure that if u keep whining about this they will nerf it and then all the thieves will be using sword and then u dudes gona start whinning about the unlimited dodge.

Blind needs to go back

in PvP

evilapprentice.6379

Everything thieves do is broken.

They dodge too much.
They stealth too much.
They blind too much.
They do too much damage.
They move around too much.
They don’t just sit there and die enough.
They have all the unicorns.
They keep stealing our women.
They make it impossible to be as cool as them.

It’s no wonder people won’t dare run a tournament without 3 of them. They’re always the first class people look for when making a tourney team.

Blind needs to go back

in PvP

Fenrir.5493

im sure that if u keep whining about this they will nerf it and then all the thieves will be using sword and then u dudes gona start whinning about the unlimited dodge.

Well if the mechanic is broken then yes… but the core problem is the thief itself, the spammable core of the class is the problem, no CD on skills is a completely broken mechanic.

Blind needs to go back

in PvP

evilapprentice.6379

Well if the mechanic is broken then yes… but the core problem is the thief itself, the spammable core of the class is the problem, no CD on skills is a completely broken mechanic.

And yet somehow, the game perseveres. Even in the presence of this clearly, completely broken mechanic. It must be divine intervention.

Blind needs to go back

in PvP

Posted by: SoLeciTO.3490

SoLeciTO.3490

Fenrir.5493 you are really anoying posting every week things against thieves.

Man just stop it, stop with the QQ iam really sure iam not the only one that is really tired of every cheap argument you write.

Blind needs to go back

in PvP

Posted by: Schlieffen.2054

Schlieffen.2054

Everything thieves do is broken.

They dodge too much.
They stealth too much.
They blind too much.
They do too much damage.
They move around too much.
They don’t just sit there and die enough.
They have all the unicorns.
They keep stealing our women.
They make it impossible to be as cool as them.

It’s no wonder people won’t dare run a tournament without 3 of them. They’re always the first class people look for when making a tourney team.

I lol’d

Blind needs to go back

in PvP

Juan Ignacio.8903

these post are hillarious u people want the thief not be able to stealth not be able to blind not be able to burst (wich they are not good as they were b4) i just dont even

Blind needs to go back

in PvP

Fenrir.5493

I knew this thread is gona make blind spam thieves mad, but well is a cheap mechanic really, its a really bad implemented core mechanic is the thief itself, they, because of that spam mechanic should have not easy acces to blinds, im tired of seing blind spam on thieves its ridiculous is cheap.

Blind needs to go back

in PvP

Posted by: TGSlasher.1458

TGSlasher.1458

I know that thiefs at the moment are the most anoying class with this blind mechanics, other classes seem to be fair or i never had noticed any kind of abuse of blinds only thieves.

True. With the other classes its how and when you use the blinds. One of the builds I run has 4 blinds, the other has 3. And I make the most of them when I can.

Slasher Sladorian – Charr Warrior – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Sladorian – Charr Ranger – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Of Elements – Human Elementalist – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows

Blind needs to go back

in PvP

Juan Ignacio.8903

I knew this thread is gona make blind spam thieves mad, but well is a cheap mechanic really, its a really bad implemented core mechanic is the thief itself, they, because of that spam mechanic should have not easy acces to blinds, im tired of seing blind spam on thieves its ridiculous is cheap.

excuse me but if u see a necro’s well would u stay on top of it ?

Blind needs to go back

in PvP

Posted by: Amaterasu.6280

Amaterasu.6280

The only problem with blinds right now are they are literally stuck on you until you hit someone. There should be a short duration before it is automatically taken off…maybe a 3-5 few secs at most.

I’ve come out of fights being completely blinded for the entire duration of until I find someone else to hit across the map…

Kuro – Thief – NA
Undercoverism [UC]