Bug or working as intended?

in PvP

Posted by: Emapudapus.1307

Emapudapus.1307

I hate it when some classes can use spells while chaneling stomp without breaking it. Elementalist mist, necromancer plague and thieves teleport some sort if downed player moves away (quickness and stability from shouts is quite reasonable, since you can use them like that all the time). Ususaly they would brake casting spell, just not with stomp x.x .
So is this right to be so or anet will fix it “soon”?

all is vain

in PvP

Posted by: Razor.6392

Razor.6392

I hate it when some classes can use spells while chaneling stomp without breaking it. Elementalist mist, necromancer plague and thieves teleport some sort if downed player moves away (quickness and stability from shouts is quite reasonable, since you can use them like that all the time). Ususaly they would brake casting spell, just not with stomp x.x .

Working as intended.

I fail to see how stability and quickness are “fair” but the other ones aren’t?

Sounds to me like you’re a warrior.

Level 60 pvp
Ele & thief main (full ascended)
Down with the braindead faceroll classes.

in PvP

Posted by: drazzar.3042

drazzar.3042

Every class can do it, you just need to use the right skills…

[void] – GH

in PvP

Razor.6392

What about necros

Level 60 pvp

in PvP

Posted by: drazzar.3042

drazzar.3042

Didn’t checked it, thought the info was right

[void] – GH

in PvP

Posted by: Disclude.7416

Disclude.7416

What about necros

Well, it was mentioned in the TOPIC, plague form…

in PvP

Emapudapus.1307

Working as intended.

Actualy i am playing necro and engi in pvp.

As “fair” i didnt mean if they are overopwered or that everyone have it.
They are boons and boons are ment to stay on players for some time + usualy that spell (aka guardian shout) can be activated without interupting spell that was already casted, they dont do anything and give you just boons. Also nothing wrong with stealth stomp if as soon as you are stomped he becomes visible again (just like if doing dmg).

On the other side you have normal spells. Usualy those spells if casted interupt/stops the spell that is being cast before and wasnt finished yet. And also if its some kind of transformation spell aka mist or plagueform, they dont alow you to stomp while in them unles you start the stomp while outside of it. Those spells are not “fair” and they look like abusing bug.

all is vain

in PvP

Razor.6392

Working as intended.

Actualy i am playing necro and engi in pvp.

As “fair” i didnt mean if they are overopwered or that everyone have it.
They are boons and boons are ment to stay on players for some time + usualy that spell (aka guardian shout) can be activated without interupting spell that was already casted, they dont do anything and give you just boons. Also nothing wrong with stealth stomp if as soon as you are stomped he becomes visible again (just like if doing dmg).

On the other side you have normal spells. Usualy those spells if casted interupt/stops the spell that is being cast before and wasnt finished yet. And also if its some kind of transformation spell aka mist or plagueform, they dont alow you to stomp while in them unles you start the stomp while outside of it. Those spells are not “fair” and they look like abusing bug.

Most utility spells can be used without breaking channels and even while stunned.

What about necros

Well, it was mentioned in the TOPIC, plague form…

Isn’t plague form an elite spell? So, waste your 180s cd elite just to stomp someone?

Level 60 pvp

in PvP

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

using teleports like steal or the ele cantrip are intended, stability stomping is intended,
but things like mistform stomping are’nt intended, atleast thats the way i figure it
since mistform does’nt allow you to start downing players during it.

in PvP

Posted by: Disclude.7416

Disclude.7416

Isn’t plague form an elite spell? So, waste your 180s cd elite just to stomp someone?

Sometimes stomps are PRETTY important in a team fight :P like if your team is down and will rally off it, or it’s just a tough fight and you might lose if you don’t get the stomp..

in PvP

Emapudapus.1307

using teleports like steal or the ele cantrip are intended, stability stomping is intended,
but things like mistform stomping are’nt intended, atleast thats the way i figure it
since mistform does’nt allow you to start downing players during it.

Exactly. And you cant even counter that.
Tho dont play every class so am not sure for all those spells (like teleport with thief) if breaks casting. Sorry if i used wrong info on that :p.

all is vain

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.6245

Archaon.6245

Is vengeance working as intended too? Because, you know, i see dead ppl walkin’ around…downing you, stomping and going away singing if they have sweet revenge…yes, the same one you downed 20 secs before and you were with half hp left..

ROFL