Can everyone just calm down please?

in PvP

Posted by: Follidus.8027

Follidus.8027

I know you’re incredibly cool and witty with your posts, but stop. Just stop. I’m not saying don’t complain if you don’t like changes that happened, but there’s no need to make 50 threads where people are throwing insults everywhere.

Yes, warriors took a blow because quickness was nerfed, but lets be real here: it’s not like this is the spot that they intended warriors to be in, and it’s not going to stay this way. Quickness needed to get nerfed eventually, and it’s probably a lot easier to see how to buff warriors by getting rid of it first. Should they have put in buffs to the warrior right away? might have been a good idea, even if they weren’t long term solutions. They didn’t, so lets move on.

Quickness is an extreme problem at lower tiers of the game. Whether you like this or not, and whether you care or not, does not matter. The quicker this change is made the quicker we’ll see spvp grow at the bottom. If you want arenanet to spend time on pvp, and possibly devote more time to pvp, then the bottom needs to grow. End of story. There are some other things that need to be changed (backstab burst, tank eles, and many other things), but this is a start. A start that should help people that are getting into the game to stay with the game.

Quickness also pigeonholes warriors into making their entire build about getting a frenzied 100blades off. You can look at this nerf as a way to see what direction to take future buffs without making warriors “overpowered.”

Lastly, stop spamming the forums please. If you actually care about the future of the game (and if you don’t, then why are you still here?), then you have to understand that all these posts are doing nothing but deterring newer players from wanting to play. We don’t need a separate thread for each person’s opinion on how the warrior sucks now. We don’t need a separate thread for each person that is “quitting” the game. I don’t want to be mean, so I’ll leave it at that.

Thank you.

Cause I ain’t perfect, I never said I was.
But now they’re hating cause a brotha finally got some buzz
www.twitch.tv/Follidus – Team Absolute Legends

(edited by Follidus.8027)

in PvP

Posted by: Psybunny.8906

Psybunny.8906

I’m pretty sure they’ll fix us eventually, but the problem is the pacing they are doing it. I’ve been waiting for the past 4 months for any significant changes to make warrior more viable. Only tooltip fixes, underwater weapon and banner buffs. Reality is that we get one balance patch each month with relatively little changes and while they take their time to figure out how to fix us, we are pretty much forced to eat kitten for many upcoming months.

in PvP

Posted by: gwawer.9805

gwawer.9805

seems like people are just venting their pent up frustration after all these months. the last patch and this one are the ones when we all decided to “blow our load” so to speak. we couldnt hold it in any longer. remember first few months how nice we were? how helpful and constructive?

yeah and then we became more cynical, but had hopes and were still telling each other be be patient/understanding/constructive

and now i can tell most people just want to troll the forum hard because it is a way to release the tension. you know, like when your team looses a soccer match cuz their goalie wasn’t paying attention and you get mad so you start a stadium riot. this is something like that lol.

look at it this way devs. it’s a rite of passage. if you can get yourselves through this, you will only be stronger!

in PvP

Posted by: milo.6942

milo.6942

Yes.
However it was lazy of them to nerf all quickness without compensating.
Warriors especially got the kitten end of the stick.
Even with that said, you gotta give credit where credit is due: each patch improves the game. Problem with this: so much needs to be done, the pace they moving at we will see a good game next year.

in PvP

Posted by: Kneru.8014

Kneru.8014

[SNIP]

Lastly, stop spamming the forums please. If you actually care about the future of the game (and if you don’t, then why are you still here?), then you have to understand that all these posts are doing nothing but deterring newer players from wanting to play. We don’t need a separate thread for each person’s opinion on how the warrior sucks now. We don’t need a separate thread for each person that is “quitting” the game. I don’t want to be mean, so I’ll leave it at that.

Thank you.

Well, let’s be honest. If every new player based their decision on the amount of whining on class specific issues in a game with PvP, no one would ever join an MMO to begin with. But we’re all here, and that would also just be silly. :P

in PvP

Posted by: Phantaram.1265

Phantaram.1265

Good post folly. +1

in PvP

Posted by: Empathetic Fighter.2065

Empathetic Fighter.2065

Actually this forum is the best feedback the devs can get. I think even when there are not constructive posts at all, you see how satisfied (or not) ppl are and what they are struggling with.
If noone would complain about frenzy the devs wouldn’t look at it twice, as ppl are okay with it. Other thing was the 1v1 paid-tournament release, where you got no reward from it. What we saw were flaming threads all over the place. And let’s see… they fixed the rewards in a day! There are douzens of examples.

So please stop complaining about ppl that complain.

Read It Backwards [BooN]

in PvP

Posted by: Rezz.8019

Rezz.8019

Leaderboards of who got the most glory (highest rank) are completely useless. This update was a huge disappointment. Maybe they’ll add an actual rating system with a decent ladder in couple years.

in PvP

Posted by: Shalla.3967

Shalla.3967

I completely agree with you, Follidus. I’m surprised how some of these threads aren’t getting closed.

Shalla
Asura Quagganmancer

(edited by Shalla.3967)

in PvP

Posted by: Valkyriez.6578

Valkyriez.6578

Leaderboards of who got the most glory (highest rank) are completely useless. This update was a huge disappointment. Maybe they’ll add an actual rating system with a decent ladder in couple years.

Rezz, what does glory had to do with the leaderboards that are coming? They are supposedly based of your hidden MMR, which is based off your win/loss ratio relative to your enemies and team mates.

Or did I read it wrong? I assumed they were using the Glicko 2 system (that’s what they said the MMR was based off) and is the same system they use In Their WvW rankings.

in PvP

Posted by: KarlaGrey.5903

KarlaGrey.5903

Lol at GW2 titles/ratings – how titles should be named: Bane of hotjoins, Slayer of nubs. Making a leaderboard specifically for that is a joke at its finest, and a slap to the face to a competitive player.
GW2 pvp-where matchmaking plays you~

Plus, if you wanna see how a well-designed warrior class looks like, do refer to GW (as usual). Thatfrenzy made it to 60s recharge is quite amusing, given its whooping 4s re on GW1. Bwaha.

Moreover, I daresay new players are deterred from playing by other things rather than angry forum threads.

RIP ‘gf left me coz of ladderboard’ Total views: 71,688 Total posts: 363

(edited by KarlaGrey.5903)

in PvP

Posted by: Khyras.8021

Khyras.8021

“Its not going to stay that way” ?. Based on what you make that assumption? You are naive if you still believe they know what they are doing. There wasn’t even mentioning of quickness nerf in the last sotg as far as i know, and the stuff they do mention before haven’t happened yet ( aoe nerf for example). Balance wise and generally pvp wise they are just stumbling in the dark aimlessly and people are supposed to calm down? i say pick up your pitchforks, its time to put some pressure on these people.
Edit: If a-net were serious about fixing pvp first thing they would do is fire people like JONs and Karl and hire someone with a vision , competence and experience to replace them. never gonna happen, i know.

(edited by Khyras.8021)

in PvP

Posted by: Volrath.1473

Volrath.1473

Ppl have the right express they’re opinion and not the OP nor anyone has the right to ask them not to.

Socondly, and you probably don’t know or simply don’t care, the nerf to the thieves “Reveled” mechanic affects most builds and has a extremely high impact on ability rotation. Not to mention that the one most important trait from the Critical Dmg trait line is now broken and does not work at all, inviablilizing 2 of the 3 semi-decent builds available to the thieves.

So yah, i don’t think ppl are overreacting wen they cant play they’re profession in a competitive way.

in PvP

Posted by: Vence.6974

Vence.6974

Sword/Dagger thief doesn’t feel the same anymore with this “haste.” S/d wasn’t even op to begin with, so by further nerfing this, you made people role to the extreme ( you’re either a full on bunker or a 1-shot glass cannon) because let’s face it, anything in the middle just won’t cut it anymore. If something more specific like time warp was the problem, then you could’ve just modified that instead of changing an entire mechanic that affects multiple classes/wep sets.

The Yellowflash of GW2

in PvP

Posted by: Destiny.6738

Destiny.6738

There are a lot of ppl who are crying and saying how ridiculous bad GW2 is. Asking why they are still playing?
The community can help with constructive feedbacks/criticism to improve things (what obviously have to be done). But flaming won’t change anything.

in PvP

Posted by: Sprawl.3891

Sprawl.3891

o kitten o wrong. complaints on the forums are the only thing that’s gotten the devs to actually fix this kittenty pvp system. the fanboys who were in alpha testing telling them paid tournament and qp were a good idea are to blame. it took crying on the forums to get the devs to prioritize single matches and match making over custom servers lol. add to that some of the slowest and weakest pvp patches of late and really can you blame the few people still left? but hey next patch is the big pvp fix right? lol

and sorry but nothing will get the player base to grow. that ship has sailed. pvp in this game is such a joke that a guy who streams auction house playing gets more views than pvp streams

Sprawl – Necro – Eredon Terrace

in PvP

Posted by: Destiny.6738

Destiny.6738

Like I said, a lot of things need to be improved /added, and the devs did different things wrong. But they will always give a kitten on “OMG pvp sucks so much”-Threads.

expansion = ppl will return

in PvP

Posted by: Khyras.8021

Khyras.8021

Like I said, a lot of things need to be improved /added, and the devs did different things wrong. But they will always give a kitten on “OMG pvp sucks so much”-Threads.

expansion = ppl will return

There are no expansions planned for foreseeable future, and even if there were i would not buy one.

in PvP

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

“this is the spot that they intended warriors to be in, and it’s not going to stay this way.”
wrong, we’ve had 7 months to see changes with any class and very little has changed.

“Quickness also pigeonholes warriors into making their entire build about getting a frenzied 100blades off.”
thats because it was the only competitive warrior build.
sure i mess around with hammer builds and sword/longbow builds, but for serious pvp 100b frenzy was our only competitive build to match other classes.

“Lastly, stop spamming the forums please.”
because nothing gets changes made like silence?
if something is terribly wrong we need to talk about it,
i’m sure as much as Anet dislike our whining they still want to know how their customers feel about their experience, rather than just silently losing customers with no clue why.

in PvP

Posted by: Masternewbz.4953

Masternewbz.4953

Or its the start of nerfing all burst skills because baddies cant dodge?

in PvP

Posted by: Interpret Interrupt.3824

Interpret Interrupt.3824

Or its the start of nerfing all burst skills because baddies cant dodge?

I think this is more realistic. The recent changes are a nudge for the game to slow down its pace. But they only changed half the coin. Must wait another 30 days for the potential of another change.

Folly you may be right we need to calm down. But if you think someone is not doing something properly, you have the right to voice your opinion right?

K Pop
The Warrior, The Necro, The F1 Connoisseur
http://www.twitch.tv/interpretinterrupt

in PvP

Posted by: Follidus.8027

Follidus.8027

I’m not saying don’t complain, but there’s no need to make 50 threads where people are throwing insults everywhere.

Cause I ain’t perfect, I never said I was.
But now they’re hating cause a brotha finally got some buzz
www.twitch.tv/Follidus – Team Absolute Legends

in PvP

Posted by: Pyrial.2917

Pyrial.2917

I’m not saying don’t complain, but there’s no need to make 50 threads where people are throwing insults everywhere.

There’s no need for a lot of things, but if they have the desire to write 50 threads who are we to stand up and say that ours is the only voice of reason.

in PvP

Posted by: garethh.3518

garethh.3518

And a new, useful scoreboard and glory allocation setup would be great while they’re at it.
Maybe something besides conquest too, rumor has it only if you hold your breath though.
:)

(edited by garethh.3518)

in PvP

Posted by: Jacobin.8509

Jacobin.8509

The anger is legitimate.

Pretending everything is fine is actually a disservice to new players since trying to play this game competitively is a complete waste of their time at the moment.

Its pretty delusional to think that somehow a playerbase is going to develop out of thin air which will then compel Anet to take action.

Anet needs to fix the game to attract players, not the other way around. If Anet is unwilling or unable to do this then the hate should flow because they misled their customers.

in PvP

Posted by: daydream.2938

daydream.2938

Ya im not panicing. Overall the haste change was good. BUT its a fact that warriors need some help fast, they cant let warrios hang out on a limb for a solid month like this.
Its not like warriors got to enjoy being godmode before.

in PvP

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

I know you’re incredibly cool and witty with your posts, but stop. Just stop. I’m not saying don’t complain if you don’t like changes that happened, but there’s no need to make 50 threads where people are throwing insults everywhere.

Yes, warriors took a blow because quickness was nerfed, but lets be real here: it’s not like this is the spot that they intended warriors to be in, and it’s not going to stay this way. Quickness needed to get nerfed eventually, and it’s probably a lot easier to see how to buff warriors by getting rid of it first. Should they have put in buffs to the warrior right away? might have been a good idea, even if they weren’t long term solutions. They didn’t, so lets move on.

Quickness is an extreme problem at lower tiers of the game. Whether you like this or not, and whether you care or not, does not matter. The quicker this change is made the quicker we’ll see spvp grow at the bottom. If you want arenanet to spend time on pvp, and possibly devote more time to pvp, then the bottom needs to grow. End of story. There are some other things that need to be changed (backstab burst, tank eles, and many other things), but this is a start. A start that should help people that are getting into the game to stay with the game.

Quickness also pigeonholes warriors into making their entire build about getting a frenzied 100blades off. You can look at this nerf as a way to see what direction to take future buffs without making warriors “overpowered.”

Thank you.

Stop being delusional.
How long would it take for this so called “change” occur?
Next month? 2 months later? 2014?
Anet have failed for so many times to deliver what they so repetitively promised for too long that no-one would believe them anymore.
We also know that Anet is EXTREMELY slow in making improvement and balances in the PVP side of the game because they do not care, and do not want to spend the resources and manpower on it.
(How many people do they spend on all the balancing in these 7 months?
the answer is TWO only)

I respond to you because I really think you should WAKE UP, end your delusional and blinded faith.
In order for changes to occur, we need drastic protest to show Anet how dissatisfied and angry we are for all the ignoring and neglecting.
The worst scenario is actually when people simply don’t care anymore, because that’s when people actually start quit the game forever.

in PvP

Posted by: Erasmus.1624

Erasmus.1624

Thank you.

No. There’s literally nothing to do anymore but complain. WvW is done and over, PvE is garbage, and PvP is getting nowhere. There’s nothing FUN to do except grind, grind, grind all these 20 something currencies which may or may not be useful in the future. I’m looking at you, Fractal Tokens.

in PvP

Posted by: titaniumm.2983

titaniumm.2983

Thank you.

No. There’s literally nothing to do anymore but complain. WvW is done and over, PvE is garbage, and PvP is getting nowhere. There’s nothing FUN to do except grind, grind, grind all these 20 something currencies which may or may not be useful in the future. I’m looking at you, Fractal Tokens.

if the minority complain, could be their problem, if almost all players complain, it’s obvious there’s something wrong..

and could be so easy for anet satisfy us, just give us what we want, not what THEY think we want

i’m not english, so forgive me if i say something wrong.

in PvP

Posted by: Erasmus.1624

Erasmus.1624

Thank you.

if the minority complain, could be their problem, if almost all players complain, it’s obvious there’s something wrong..

and could be so easy for anet satisfy us, just give us what we want, not what THEY think we want

Unfortunately, they’ve been doing whatever they want since the beginning of the game. The only thing I can remember off the top of my head that ArenaNet actually took back was when absolutely everyone complained about the jumping nerf.

in PvP

Posted by: Aldizi.5671

Aldizi.5671

Thank you.

Rofl says the guardian.

in PvP

Posted by: SuperHaze.4210

SuperHaze.4210

There were plenty of constructive posts and surveys that the devs should’ve used to guide themselves as they make changes to the game. A public test realm and forum would’ve kept a lot of players from having to complain because the public would at least know what the devs are working on and players in the ptr would have the devs backs because they know that progress is being made in the game. SotGs are just grandstanding and politicking on Anet’s part. They never directly address the most pressing problems with the game and 6 months of “we’re working on it” and “when it’s ready” have taken its toll on the pvp population. I’ve defended this game since launch and tried to be as constructive as possible on these forums, but I’m pretty fed up myself. If the game wasn’t touted as esports then pvpers have no right to complain, but it was, so pvpers had all these expectations that were never met. Anet and NCSoft set the bar too high for themselves and now they are paying for it on the forums. Their secrecy and hush hush attitude is their downfall.