Can we pleaseeeee wear our PvP Gear in PvE?

in PvP

Posted by: NateDub.1027

NateDub.1027

Can we PLEASE be allowed to wear our PvP gear in PvE???

I spent so much time in game ranking up and forging/unlocking certain gear only to be able to wear it in the mists and in PvP games.

My PvE armor set isn’t as cool as the one I’ve made in PvP.

Please A-Net!! <3

in PvP

Posted by: Myzaky.4962

Myzaky.4962

Chuck norris approves this message.

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: Wintel.4873

Wintel.4873

ArenaNet already said that one of their long-term goals is letting players use the same gear for PvE or PvP….but I have no idea how they will do this.

In PvE you have to spend actual gold or time/effort into getting skins, runes, sigils, etc. But in PvP you have unlimited access to all that stuff, so if you wanted to completely revamp your gear you’d just hop into PvP, grab some skins/etc and then hop back out into the normal world. It would be ridiculous.

(edited by Wintel.4873)

in PvP

Posted by: Ferik.3127

Ferik.3127

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/player-vs-player-rewards-roadmap/

Somewhere along this article they mentioned PvP armor will be merged with PvE system.

Soon~ we should keep bringing this up to remind ANet of their primoses
I feel ya. I too hope this come to reality as fast as possible. I am Rank36 in game and my PvP gears already outshine PvE ones by~~~too much for me to say in a post

Casual player of all races, classes and genders
Champion Slayer | sPvP Rank 90
Dragonbrand

in PvP

Posted by: zilcho.7624

zilcho.7624

ArenaNet already said that one of their long-term goals is letting players use the same gear for PvE or PvP….but I have no idea how they will do this.

In PvE you have to spend actual gold or time/effort into getting skins, runes, sigils, etc. But in PvP you have unlimited access to all that stuff, so if you wanted to completely revamp your gear you’d just hop into PvP, grab some skins/etc and then hop back out into the normal world. It would be ridiculous.

Well this is true of lower tier PvP gear. I wouldn’t say grinding to r30 is as easy as hopping in for a few PvP matches. It’s that higher tier gear I think the OP has in mind.

in PvP

Posted by: Liza.2758

Liza.2758

maybe PvE to sPvP but no way sPvP to PvE

some of gears in spvp are way too easy to earn while the same appearance are very hard to get in real world.

in PvP

Posted by: Ferik.3127

Ferik.3127

some of gears in spvp are way too easy to earn while the same appearance are very hard to get in real world.

I wouldn’t consider 60,000 Glory+60 gold through PvP “easy”

Casual player of all races, classes and genders
Champion Slayer | sPvP Rank 90
Dragonbrand

in PvP

Posted by: Dredd Spirit Caller.4082

Dredd Spirit Caller.4082

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/player-vs-player-rewards-roadmap/

Somewhere along this article they mentioned PvP armor will be merged with PvE system.

Soon~ we should keep bringing this up to remind ANet of their primoses
I feel ya. I too hope this come to reality as fast as possible. I am Rank36 in game and my PvP gears already outshine PvE ones by~~~too much for me to say in a post

o.O why merging it
after that we may pay gold to buy a pvp set/rune/amu
and compare a pve vs pvp set, a pve set got more stats than a pvp set
its not the same
if it is a skin issue just make a shop item who can merge pvp skin to a pve item
and after that we can see only pve skin price drop down
this is the best solution for all

Engy:Turrets Nade/HgH Kit Bunker Zerker
Necro:MMMesmer:pve omniRanger:SpiritsThief:P/P

in PvP

Posted by: Sunt.6835

Sunt.6835

???

I got Arah set gears in spvp just from random chest. If u wanna get in pve u have to grind pve for a while

BG

in PvP

Posted by: Shockwave.1230

Shockwave.1230

???

I got Arah set gears in spvp just from random chest. If u wanna get in pve u have to grind pve for a while

rng favors you

most people will have to grind for 15,000 glory and 8 gold

in hotjoin it’d average to be 150 glory per 7 minutes optimally

optimally that’s 700 minutes or 11+ hours

realistically your probably going to be closer to getting 150 glory per 12 minutes

that’s 1200 minutes or 20 hours

whether it’s 11 hours or 20 hours, if you do arah runs for that long you probably have a completed set and then whatever extra profit from loot after that

the other nice thing about dungeon runs is you can target individual pieces whereas in pvp you have to go all in on the whole set

the point of all this is that it’s not unfair to get an armor in one game type and have it in the other

Sylvari Elementalist – Mystree Duskbloom (Lv 80)
Norn Guardian – Aurora Lustyr (Lv 80)
Mia A Shadows Glow – Human Thief (Lv 80)

in PvP

Posted by: Dredd Spirit Caller.4082

Dredd Spirit Caller.4082

???

rng favors you

most people will have to grind for 15,000 glory and 8 gold

in hotjoin it’d average to be 150 glory per 7 minutes optimally

optimally that’s 700 minutes or 11+ hours

realistically your probably going to be closer to getting 150 glory per 12 minutes

that’s 1200 minutes or 20 hours

whether it’s 11 hours or 20 hours, if you do arah runs for that long you probably have a completed set and then whatever extra profit from loot after that

the other nice thing about dungeon runs is you can target individual pieces whereas in pvp you have to go all in on the whole set

the point of all this is that it’s not unfair to get an armor in one game type and have it in the other

glory farm map its easy to make easy points
and random 5vs5 maps to fun points make 5k+ glory/4h (with booster)
the rank up is the problem XD

Engy:Turrets Nade/HgH Kit Bunker Zerker
Necro:MMMesmer:pve omniRanger:SpiritsThief:P/P

in PvP

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

Can we PLEASE be allowed to wear our PvP gear in PvE???

I spent so much time in game ranking up and forging/unlocking certain gear only to be able to wear it in the mists and in PvP games.

My PvE armor set isn’t as cool as the one I’ve made in PvP.

Please A-Net!! <3

Why should you ? Am i able to use my Pve WvW gear in Pvp,Nope obviously not…Why should it be made available the other way around ? It shouldn’t and it won’t,because it doesn’t make any sense to be allowed to do so.But lately the changes anet has been making and will be making fall in the category of not making much sense to me anyways,so they might be on the same page with you…

in PvP

Posted by: Ruru.1302

Ruru.1302

Could make a skin you wear OVER your armor. Which means, not transmutated.

mag
[Mada] Apocryfia

in PvP

Posted by: DaliIndica.9041

DaliIndica.9041

Riiiiiiight, so you can buy gems, convert to gold and get good gear. But thats skilled. In PVP if you want tiger gear say then you will have to get to rank 40, should only be about 1500 matches give or take.

Its odd you know, the way the pvp and pve crowd view each other. Like spoilt children that deserve a good smack. “OH NO HE GETS GEAR ITS NOT FAIR, IN THIS GAME OF PRETTY MUCH ZERO SKILL I WANT ALL MY THINGS TO REFLECT HOW LONG I HAVE BEEN PLAYING THIS ONE MODE AND THE OTHER MODE CAN GO TO HELL WAHH WAAAAH”

in PvP

Posted by: Wintel.4873

Wintel.4873

Riiiiiiight, so you can buy gems, convert to gold and get good gear. But thats skilled. In PVP if you want tiger gear say then you will have to get to rank 40, should only be about 1500 matches give or take.

Its odd you know, the way the pvp and pve crowd view each other. Like spoilt children that deserve a good smack. “OH NO HE GETS GEAR ITS NOT FAIR, IN THIS GAME OF PRETTY MUCH ZERO SKILL I WANT ALL MY THINGS TO REFLECT HOW LONG I HAVE BEEN PLAYING THIS ONE MODE AND THE OTHER MODE CAN GO TO HELL WAHH WAAAAH”

I’d back off on the assumptions if I were you, considering I put 90% of my time/effort into PvP and maybe 10% into PvE.
Yes grinding ranks takes a while, but that’s not what I was talking about. Once you have achieved a certain rank you can keep crafting endless skins, literally MOUNTAINS of PvP gear and crafting materials get thrown at you for winning matches. This is not something that happens in PvE to the same extent.

You also completely glazed-over the issue of runes & sigils. A set of divinity runes currently costs 48 gold to get in PvE (and I’m sure it’ll keep going up), while in PvP it’s all FREE. Trait resets are free, sigils are free, etc.

Transferring gear between PvP and PvE comes with a whole list of questions/concerns that need to be addressed first.

in PvP

Posted by: NateDub.1027

NateDub.1027

Guys all I was talking about is being able to use the skins of your PvP armor in PvE.

Make it doable with transmutation stones for all I care; I just want to have the LOOK of my PvP toon whilst in PvE. Forget about runes etc.

And to anyone that says its easy to get the exact gear you want in PvP, you are just flat out wrong.

I wasn’t able to begin crafting cool gear until around rank 30, (I’m 42 now) and there are still loads of pieces I CAN’T craft because I’m not a high enough rank for the token I need.

On top of the fact that there are a bunch of pieces in the locker (gear and weapon skins) that no one knows the recipes to. So maybe that could be an option?—

—Allow gear that has been crafted in the mists (by means of the forge) to be worn in PvE.. rather than letting you use the gear that drops randomly from win chests.

Just some ideas—

in PvP

Posted by: DaliIndica.9041

DaliIndica.9041

I’d back off on the assumptions if I were you, considering I put 90% of my time/effort into PvP and maybe 10% into PvE.
Yes grinding ranks takes a while, but that’s not what I was talking about. Once you have achieved a certain rank you can keep crafting endless skins, literally MOUNTAINS of PvP gear and crafting materials get thrown at you for winning matches. This is not something that happens in PvE to the same extent.

You also completely glazed-over the issue of runes & sigils. A set of divinity runes currently costs 48 gold to get in PvE (and I’m sure it’ll keep going up), while in PvP it’s all FREE. Trait resets are free, sigils are free, etc.

Transferring gear between PvP and PvE comes with a whole list of questions/concerns that need to be addressed first.

But I am still right. The gear in PVP is worthless beyond if you view it to be good. It has no stats on its appearance, if you like it great, if not it doesnt matter because no stats or other values means its worthless. (To be clear I do like weapon skins, but thats all they are, skins)

As to the cost, well thats more to do with what you expect from that mode. In PVE you get a higher level and better gear to do higher level stuff to get better gear yadda yadda, see the gear matters because you need better gear to do better. Thats its value, your effectiveness. PVP gear doesnt have this issue so its has no real value.

And my assumptions are correct, if you think pvp gear is easy to get over pve gear in terms of how often you will be given it then you really havent played much pve. A single run of a fractal can nearly fill all my bags with lot, half of which will be gear of some sort.

in PvP

Liza.2758

bro “you can buy gears in PvE but you cant buy skin.”

if you want arah skins you have to work your kitten off for it.

if you want invader skins you have to kill people in wvw for a while to earn it.

while in spvp you can easily get from chests

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

if you want invader skins you have to kill people in wvw for a while to earn it.

because skipping half of arah and karma training is hard yo

i wanna wear my pve look in pvp Q_Q

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Posted by: ahuba.6430

ahuba.6430

well guess what, in spvp you gotta work hard for cof armor. its a though world we live in and you’re gonna have to deal with it when we can use our pvp gear in pve.

in PvP

Liza.2758

well guess what, in spvp you gotta work hard for cof armor. its a though world we live in and you’re gonna have to deal with it when we can use our pvp gear in pve.

lol deal with what

I am lv 40 in spvp and full ascends in pve. I’m pretty fine on both side

i dont take any side. i’m just speaking from my experience playing both sides

in PvP

Posted by: Balkanwarrior.5132

Balkanwarrior.5132

If I want arah skins I pay 5g and get a run

If I want invader skins I buy them using the 3k badges I have from achievment boxes

in PvP

Liza.2758

If I want arah skins I pay 5g and get a run

If I want invader skins I buy them using the 3k badges I have from achievment boxes

but that only if u already have badges in the 1st place. I dont get what you are trying to say bro lol

I havn’t done arah for an age though didn’t know you can get whole set with 1 run now.