Champion titles and Unranked arena

in PvP

Posted by: witcher.3197

witcher.3197

Unranked should not progress these title tracks because it’s just too easy to farm, matches are hotjoin level. Rank points for wins should also be reduced to 500 from 1.5k.

in PvP

witcher.3197

Pretty sure this is a bug, even the achievement description says Ranked Arena matches. Could we get a dev response on this?

in PvP

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

What’s the difference between Ranked & Unranked besides the name?

in PvP

Posted by: Rozbuska.5263

Rozbuska.5263

Those titles are worthless anyway.

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

in PvP

witcher.3197

What’s the difference between Ranked & Unranked besides the name?

Unranked is a fancy word for hotjoin, you can just farm your title by zerging with PVE builds.

Not for everyone. The game needs long and short term goals. They keep letting everything in PvP lose value (does not matter how small or great that value is), ranging from armors and ranks of old times to now champ titles. If they care at least a tiny bit for Pvp this has to stop.

(edited by witcher.3197)

in PvP

Posted by: GoogleBrandon.5073

GoogleBrandon.5073

Pretty much this…

For PvP’ers it means nothing (come on, 150 wins?) and for PvE-ers it is not an incentive to participate within TPvP long enough to stay within the scene… Having it in unranked hurts no one…

If they ever want to release newer and harder to obtain titles, I might suggest putting those in ranked only, but for these titles, it is fine…

Guild channel with PvP uploads
Lost? Confused? [TCS] – A guild for every state of body and mind

in PvP

Posted by: Terrorsquad.2349

Terrorsquad.2349

The difference still between Hotjoin and Unranked Arena is that many premade teams are doing Unranked.. So u can’t really see it as Hotjoin..

Denied | 5.9k PvP Games | PvP Rank: 236 | 8.6k hours | 9 Legendaries | Still Bad.

in PvP

witcher.3197

Pretty much this…

For PvP’ers it means nothing (come on, 150 wins?) and for PvE-ers it is not an incentive to participate within TPvP long enough to stay within the scene… Having it in unranked hurts no one…

If they ever want to release newer and harder to obtain titles, I might suggest putting those in ranked only, but for these titles, it is fine…

There’s an achievement for ever class – win 200 games in any format. Then there are champ titles: win 150 games in rated. And now you can just get the rated titles from unranked. Makes no sense, they are basically the same thing now.

in PvP

GoogleBrandon.5073

Pretty much this…

There’s an achievement for ever class – win 200 games in any format. Then there are champ titles: win 150 games in rated. And now you can just get the rated titles from unranked. Makes no sense, they are basically the same thing now.

You realize you did nothing to debunk my previous point? ._.

in PvP

witcher.3197

Pretty much this…

I already did even before your 1st comment, too bad you skipped it. Not gonna repeat it for you.

in PvP

Posted by: Sebastian.4610

Sebastian.4610

I play a lot of ranked pvp and the titles are worthless to me.

in PvP

GoogleBrandon.5073

Pretty much this…

I already did even before your 1st comment, too bad you skipped it. Not gonna repeat it for you.

No, you did not… the ease of getting those titles remove any prestige, so whether it is logical for them having it in unranked matters not since there is no worth to a true PvP’er to those titles anyway…

Again, if there were new titles with a higher difficulty of obtainability, then by all means make them ranked exclusive, but these measily 150 wins mean literally nothing…

in PvP

Posted by: Teutos.8620

Teutos.8620

Nothing more to add.

EU – Multiple times #1 SoloQ pre Dec 2014 (pure MMR based ladder)
Primoridal (S1) & Exalted (S2) & Illustrious (S3) Legend

in PvP

Posted by: vcxxx.3159

vcxxx.3159

i got two titles since the patch came out ty anet

in PvP

Posted by: Jessica Boettiger.2563

Jessica Boettiger.2563

WvW/PvP/Skills Principal QA

The Champion achievements are progressed by participating in rated matches. Ranked and Unranked are both rated matches, just like solo and team arenas were. This is by design.

in PvP

Posted by: infantrydiv.1620

infantrydiv.1620

Uh I see no problem letting unranked queue progress those titles as long as it remains a 5v5 mode with MMR, its basically the same as solo queue, just without the rating.

Those titles are to show your experience on a class, they aren’t really very exclusive or prestigious, and they don’t even show that you are good at the class that you have them for. They are just nice titles to show that you won a bunch of games in pvp with a certain class.

I think that it would be cool if they added more titles such as Expert Magus, Legendary Magus. “Legendary” could be for 1000 ranked wins or something.

Ranger//Necro

in PvP

Posted by: Nabrok.9023

Nabrok.9023

The Champion achievements are progressed by participating in rated matches. Ranked and Unranked are both rated matches, just like solo and team arenas were. This is by design.

As both are rated matches, the only difference with ranked is that it will change your ladder position? And if there is no ladder (as there is not right now), there is no difference at all?

In that case, does it just queue everybody together? If not, why not?

“I’m not a PvE, WvW, or PvP player – I am a Guild Wars 2 player”
Tarnished Coast – Dissentient [DIS]
All classes

in PvP

Posted by: tichorum.2415

tichorum.2415

As both are rated matches, the only difference with ranked is that it will change your ladder position? And if there is no ladder (as there is not right now), there is no difference at all?

In that case, does it just queue everybody together? If not, why not?

Correct. Right now ranked and unranked are the same, essentially. Dec. 16th will change that when the LB is back.

Former PvP commentator for ESL & Arenanet.

I used to run the Academy Gaming tournaments for GW2.