Channeling effects in sPvP are gamebreaking

in PvP

Posted by: Mrbig.8019

Mrbig.8019

Dear aNet,

today i was in a tournament and a warrior used bolas and bullrush one after another.

I’m a thief, and i previously used shadowstep, so as soon as i saw the bols thrown toward me ( with the following bullrush) i teleported back.

The warrior was already at me ( he also used haste meanwhile) and i teleported back, to 900 range ( still in LoS, anyway) JUST TO GET HIT BY BOTH BOLAS AND BULLRUSH ( with the following 100blades) LIKE IF kitten WARRIORS COULD TELEPORT LIKE NINJAS.

I could pass on stealth not breaking channeling effects ( altough it’s ridicolous to see a Rapid fire ranger firing like if he knew where i am ) but this was really too much.

Fix channeling asap, it’s gamebreaking.

Thanks.

in PvP

Posted by: muscarine.5136

muscarine.5136

As well as fixing being able to auto aim targets behind your back without even turning the camera in the right direction, like so many skills (leaps, charges, even some range attacks like black powder) allow it… That would help positionning becoming a bit more meaningfull, it is already in bad shape due to all the AoEs and having to stand inside a tiny circle to win some points…

in PvP

Posted by: renegade.4851

renegade.4851

You know people might hate me for this, but I totally agree with you on this part. Stealth should prevent channel spells to chase u down. When a ranger is using his rapid fire, everyone can easily track the stealthed person because they just have to follow the rangers attack, however don’t change it so the spell will cancel, just not track anymore

in PvP

Posted by: Prelude.3817

Prelude.3817

In one of the early game patches, they changed warrior charge skills to hit moving targets more reliably.
Basically unless you move/dodge/teleport BEHIND the warrior while he’s charging you, the charge will still follow you.
Yes, it often results in situations defying every laws of physics or logic, where the skill hits you when it really shouldn’t.
Like stealth and channeling skills.

This game is full of those. Have fun finding them!

in PvP

Mrbig.8019

In one of the early game patches, they changed warrior charge skills to hit moving targets more reliably.
Basically unless you move/dodge/teleport BEHIND the warrior while he’s charging you, the charge will still follow you.
Yes, it often results in situations defying every laws of physics or logic, where the skill hits you when it really shouldn’t.
Like stealth and channeling skills.

This game is full of those. Have fun finding them!

I teleported behind him, he teleported with me, or so it seems.

Ninja warriors, this world will soon meet its end.

No srs, this kitten the freak out of me, it’s ridicolous.

They need to fix this kind of stuff ASAP.

in PvP

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

Longbow rangers are game-breaking?

Bull’s rush appears to be working as intended, as ride the lightning works similarly. Both skills were updated to track moving targets more reliably. It seems that unless you dodge or break LoS you will get hit.

in PvP

Posted by: zone.1073

zone.1073

Your mistake was that you shadow-returned too soon. Wait for Rush’s animation to end before shadow-returning, or else the Rush will just follow you.

in PvP

Mrbig.8019

Your mistake was that you shadow-returned too soon. Wait for Rush’s animation to end before shadow-returning, or else the Rush will just follow you.

So i had to took 2-3k damage from bullrush AND 100 blades first strike ( the most damaging one, along with the last one) to avoid it while i’m punished for playing better, with a faster reaction time, if i try to avoid it BEFORE it hits me ?

i’m thief, i have 14 k health.

A single bullrush eats 1/5 of my actual HP pool.

This is game’s fault and needs to be fixed asap, i don’t care how, i don’t care if it was made to allow “wars charges to track targets more easily”, it goes against every law of physics and punishes the better player.

AGAINST EVERY LAW OF PHYSICS.

i’m fine if it hits me while i’m strafing , but i teleported behind him at 900 range.

HE DISTORCED TIME AND SPACE, AND FOLLOWED ME 900 RANGE AFAR, it’s ridicolous.

(edited by Mrbig.8019)

in PvP

NevirSayDie.6235

I’m not sure it’s distorting time and space to turn around while charging toward someone, and charge the other way.

As I said, the intent of the “charge” skills seems to be that if you don’t dodge or break LoS, it will hit you.

in PvP

Posted by: Seether.7285

Seether.7285

I would be happy to see them make channeled effects stop hitting stealth people the moment they make missing an attack while in stealth result in breaking stealth.

in PvP

NevirSayDie.6235

I would be happy to see them make channeled effects stop hitting stealth people the moment they make missing an attack while in stealth result in breaking stealth.

Heheh, yeah, my first few games I blinded thieves before they backstabbed me. That worked real well.

in PvP

Posted by: denyitbattle.2609

denyitbattle.2609

Yea, I experienced something similar to this using the mesmer’s blink ability against a bullrush.

I was up on the stairs of the keep at Niflhil when I saw a warrior haste rush at me so I blinked max range down the slope toward the middle of the map right as I thought the warrior was about to get to me. What ensued was a ridiculous, physics-defying, path-finding animation as the warrior zoomed right up to me and still hit me. Fortunately I was still able to staff-2 just barely out of the way of 100-blades, but it stuck out to me that this must surely be a bug resulting from the increased warrior movement-tracking buff in an earlier patch (as someone said earlier).

I have witnessed something similar a couple more times, but it isn’t too often that it gets that ridiculous. Also, as someone said, if you wait for the bull rush to end and then use your evasion they won’t follow; however, if they are hasted, the animation+network lag could result in you taking a few K dmg from 100 blades before you make it out.

in PvP

Mrbig.8019

I’m not sure it’s distorting time and space to turn around while charging toward someone, and charge the other way.

As I said, the intent of the “charge” skills seems to be that if you don’t dodge or break LoS, it will hit you.

I’m joking of course.

The point, anyway , is simple.

1. I shadowstep at 900 range

2. War uses haste, bolas and bullrush, and flights towards me.

3. He is at 1 cm from my face, and i teleport back ( 900 range)

4. He hits me, doing a 900 range teleport from nowhere.

5. I’m dead, while i should have outplayed him.

can you understand how this makes no sense at all , yes ?

Again, i don’t care what they did, to make war stuff to hit, this is

1. ridicolous

2. senseless

3. gamebreaking, even more for low health characters

anet, fix it asap.

in PvP

NevirSayDie.6235

1. ridicolous

2. senseless

anet, fix it asap.

It’s merely a situation where a specific type of offensive cooldown negates a specific type of defensive cooldown. There are many situations like that (examples: pull>block, stealth>blind, hb/fast attacks>blind, ground-effect cc>dodge/block/blind, conditions>endure pain).

Tracking abilities>teleports, unless you teleport out of LoS.

No, I’m not sure it “makes sense” but let’s be honest—longbow rangers and warriors are not “gamebreaking.” They’re barely even usable in tournaments. So, let’s just add this to a list of things that should maybe be addressed at some point in the future, and call it good.

tl;dr—we’re over-reacting.

in PvP

Posted by: muscarine.5136

muscarine.5136

This is something i suggested a while ago in the dedicated QQ thief thread but it got burried under kilotones of tears

I support this idea though, it seems just plain logical.

in PvP

Mrbig.8019

1. ridicolous

2. senseless

anet, fix it asap.

It’s merely a situation where a specific type of offensive cooldown negates a specific type of defensive cooldown. There are many situations like that (examples: pull>block, stealth>blind, hb/fast attacks>blind, ground-effect cc>dodge/block/blind, conditions>endure pain).

Tracking abilities>teleports, unless you teleport out of LoS.

No, I’m not sure it “makes sense” but let’s be honest—longbow rangers and warriors are not “gamebreaking.” They’re barely even usable in tournaments. So, let’s just add this to a list of things that should maybe be addressed at some point in the future, and call it good.

tl;dr—we’re over-reacting.

But this is not directed to longbow rangers or other stuff, again, i can live with tracking abilities going trough stealth.

But a warrior using bullrush and teleporting 900 range BEHIND HIM ( out of LoS) in 0.1 secs after a teleport, is ridicolous.

I’m a glass thief, i have 14 k , for me it’s gamebreaking, it means death/live in a fight.

And i’m sure every other glass proff would agree with me.

Shadowstep is my only stunbreak, if i’m shadow returning it means i’ve no other stunbreaks and i’ll eat the whole 15k 100blades, or rather “you dead”.

Think as you wish, it’s gamebreaking.

in PvP

Posted by: Prelude.3817

Prelude.3817

AGAINST EVERY LAW OF PHYSICS.

i’m fine if it hits me while i’m strafing , but i teleported behind him at 900 range.

HE DISTORCED TIME AND SPACE, AND FOLLOWED ME 900 RANGE AFAR, it’s ridicolous.

I may have used a little too strong hyperbole when I said that it was defying laws of physics…
Anyway…

Since we’re on subject of warrior’s, it reminded me of something related to warrior’s I wanted to talk about:
In the last patch notes they tweaked the Last Stand trait of warrior’s so that it actually breaks stun.
Fair enough I thought at first, Balanced stance breaks stun, so should that trait.
Then I went to sPvP and realized my error.

As a shatter mesmer, I used to self divert to daze warriors who managed to “bully” me.
well now, it won’t stop them at all. The warrior will instantly and automatically stun break.
It won’t even put 100b on cooldown. Yet it’s interrupted. Don’t ask me why.

So now, you can’t CC a warrior Frenzy Blading your teamate. Unless you’re lucky and the trait is on cd. Which is quite short (40secs)
And they get a free stun break anyway.

Of all those CC procced traits, like the mesmer’s (cc reflect, 90sec cd), necro’s (fear, 90sec cd), even ranger’s which is one of the best (stealth on a 30sec cd), the warrior one seems a bit OTT because of that little break stun addition.

Makes me really question Anet sense of balance…

Back on subject, I remember when playing warrior in beta that using a charge on a moving target was like playing with fire. You’d often end up further than where you started :p.
The target moving 2 steps to the left would make the charge completly miss.

But there’s a difference between tweaking the path finder a little so that it hits a running target,
and tweaking the path finder so that you can make a complete U-turn if the target teleports behind you…

(edited by Prelude.3817)

in PvP

Posted by: typingofthedead.5614

typingofthedead.5614

i’ll agree to fixing channelling when u agree to let me automatically regain you as a target when you come out of stealth

in PvP

Posted by: Darnis.4056

Darnis.4056

Sometimes a thief will heartseeker me after I stealth mid dodge, SEEMS a little strange, that I popped two forms of damage mitigation, and still get crit for 7k, I realize this was my error, but it still feels a bit off.

Will the Real Pink Puma Please stand up?

in PvP

Posted by: Menzies The Heretic.3415

Menzies The Heretic.3415

i’ll agree to fixing channelling when u agree to let me automatically regain you as a target when you come out of stealth

Deal

* Twitch – Mênzîes – Mesmer pvp
* YouTube – Fun, guides and gameplay

in PvP

Mrbig.8019

i don’t want to turn this thread into a l2p thread.

learn how to deal with it, like i did, like every other decent player did.

the issue listed on the OP is by far more gamechanging than a feature ( target drop on stealth) working as intended.

in PvP

Posted by: Geewoody.2017

Geewoody.2017

the issue listed on the OP is by far more gamechanging than a feature ( target drop on stealth) working as intended.

Shadowstep is a stealth ability? Seriously, here’s a helpful tip:

Break out the shortbow and keep the warrior crippled while he has the greatsword out. The effect it has on all of his gap closing abilities is awful. Seriously, he’ll only move up like 2 feet. Probably won’t be able to hit you with Bladetrail either. (it almost never hits unless it’s used at point blank or the target is standing perfectly still)

Channeling is fine, it’s just another thing in GW2 you have to learn to cope with.

Also, it’s just called Rush.

in PvP

Mrbig.8019

Shadowstep is a stealth ability? Seriously, here’s a helpful tip:

Break out the shortbow and keep the warrior crippled while he has the greatsword out. The effect it has on all of his gap closing abilities is awful. Seriously, he’ll only move up like 2 feet. Probably won’t be able to hit you with Bladetrail either. (it almost never hits unless it’s used at point blank or the target is standing perfectly still)

Channeling is fine, it’s just another thing in GW2 you have to learn to cope with.

Also, it’s just called Rush.

Dude, read the OP before embarassing yourself anymore pls.

in PvP

Posted by: dank.3680

dank.3680

On my ele I used magnetic grasp on a thief just before he used infiltrators arrow (he was already near max range when I used it – in wvw btw) , he IA’d I think a total of 4 times and my magnetic grasp just kept pulling me to him and caught me up all the way. So MG traveled me a total of about 5700 units instead of 900, while I found it funny, was pretty ridiculous.

#MAGSWAG: All class player. XOXO

in PvP

typingofthedead.5614

working as intended? i cant mouse target you cause you havent rendered yet and wont for a few seconds (which really also is unacceptable and needs to be fixed). i cant tab target you cause theres a kittenton of rock dogs, turrets, minions, pets, clones, etc in the way.

i personally dont think you getting punished for stealthing while someone is channelling on you is any less fair than me getting punished for several seconds AFTER you “REAPPEAR” trying to find you, wait for you to render, quickly target you to get a CC off before you’re back on me, which can be a nightmare in a crowded battlefield.

simply put, because of this, even a 1 second stealth punishes the person attacking you for several seconds to suffer through graphical and UI annoyances. it would be like me having a skill that changed YOUR target to my tank friend 900m away right as you were about to unload on me, then you waste all of your initiative missing him

in PvP

Mrbig.8019

working as intended? i cant mouse target you cause you havent rendered yet and wont for a few seconds (which really also is unacceptable and needs to be fixed). i cant tab target you cause theres a kittenton of rock dogs, turrets, minions, pets, clones, etc in the way.

i personally dont think you getting punished for stealthing while someone is channelling on you is any less fair than me getting punished for several seconds AFTER you “REAPPEAR” trying to find you, wait for you to render, quickly target you to get a CC off before you’re back on me, which can be a nightmare in a crowded battlefield.

simply put, because of this, even a 1 second stealth punishes the person attacking you for several seconds to suffer through graphical and UI annoyances. it would be like me having a skill that changed YOUR target to my tank friend 900m away right as you were about to unload on me, then you waste all of your initiative missing him

I may agree with you regarding the culling issue, but that’s about it.

I’m a thief, i can global ( from 100 to 0) and get global’d by another thief, and i’m experiencing the same issue you’re facin, yet i don’t whine on forums.

Should i talk about all the stuff which is hindering my gaming experience ?

Should i talk about mesmer temporal curtain putting me in revelead after shadow refuge even if i spent all those secs in stealth ? ( if you don’t stay for 4 secs in Shadow refuge, you get revelead as soon as you exit the AoE)

Should i talk about eles using magnetic grasp and traveling twice as they should, beacuse i used a teleport ?

Should i talk about all the time inf arrow fails to teleport me in z axis ?

Al those times, unless i’m very lucky, means DEATH for a squishy like me.

Yet i complain about bullrush, not those ones.

in PvP

typingofthedead.5614

I may agree with you regarding the culling issue, but that’s about it.

I’m a thief, i can global ( from 100 to 0) and get global’d by another thief, and i’m experiencing the same issue you’re facin, yet i don’t whine on forums.

Should i talk about all the stuff which is hindering my gaming experience ?

Should i talk about mesmer temporal curtain putting me in revelead after shadow refuge even if i spent all those secs in stealth ? ( if you don’t stay for 4 secs in Shadow refuge, you get revelead as soon as you exit the AoE)

Should i talk about eles using magnetic grasp and traveling twice as they should, beacuse i used a teleport ?

Should i talk about all the time inf arrow fails to teleport me in z axis ?

Al those times, unless i’m very lucky, means DEATH for a squishy like me.

Yet i complain about bullrush, not those ones.

so i concede and definately agree, bugs need to be fixed. i think we both agree we’re fine with things as they’re intended, but everything right now isnt working as intended.

i dont doubt u suffer from the same issues as me, you just get the benefit from them as well :-P

P.S. thanks or giving me a lot of different ideas on how to troll thieves :P

in PvP

Mrbig.8019

dear aNet, the same issue happend today again with a thief using heartseeker.

This is even worse, since i took 7k damage in a single hit, after avoiding its burst and trying to juke him just to end up being screwed by a 450 range leap finisher.

Please, this is not funny.

in PvP

Posted by: Shukran.4851

Shukran.4851

dear aNet, the same issue happend today again with a thief using heartseeker.

This is even worse, since i took 7k damage in a single hit, after avoiding its burst and trying to juke him just to end up being screwed by a 450 range leap finisher.

Please, this is not funny.

i am quite confident with thief and , even if 3/4 secs is a very tiny channeling (this thread meaning), it is never happened to me to move while leaping to opponent. if it is as you say, fix it anet . but i think you only saw 2 hs one after each other.

in PvP

Posted by: Chi Malady.2015

Chi Malady.2015

Stealth is one of the most gamebreaking issues in this game (as it has been in every other game that has implemented it).

in PvP

Posted by: uwo.8197

uwo.8197

As well as fixing being able to auto aim targets behind your back without even turning the camera in the right direction, like so many skills (leaps, charges, even some range attacks like black powder) allow it… That would help positionning becoming a bit more meaningfull, it is already in bad shape due to all the AoEs and having to stand inside a tiny circle to win some points…

THIS. Auto-aim has no place in a competitive game. For instance heartseeker should be a skill shot like burning speed.

in PvP

Posted by: Leuca.5732

Leuca.5732

THIS. Auto-aim has no place in a competitive game. For instance heartseeker should be a skill shot like burning speed.

It wouldn’t be an issue if thieves didn’t work off of initiative. One of the biggest mistakes Anet made with this game was making one class have a different recharge mechanic on its weapon skills.

in PvP

Mrbig.8019

Stealth is one of the most gamebreaking issues in this game (as it has been in every other game that has implemented it).

PLEASE, don’t turn this thread into a flame war against thieves.

I don’t care how bad you get pwned by thieves, stealth and all the crap you can add, this thread is about channeling bugs.

In tPvP, even more if they really want this game to be serious, i know that as a thief , with my 25 bloodlust stacks, i can totally change the outputof a small teamfight, and losing those 25 stacks ( with followed death) not only means i won’t be able to support my teammate ( who will die with me), it will also mean we’ll lose the point, give 10 points to our enemies counting ONLY our deaths plus having our team 3 vs 5 for 15 secs.

This means we’ll lose a huge chunk of points, and simply due to CRAP WRONG CODING.

This is a serious issue, leave your thief hate out of this place please.