Chill, equally effective against all classes?

in PvP

Posted by: posthumecaver.6473

posthumecaver.6473

First of all I don’t write this post because some Pistol Whip Thief owned me in my Elementalist, /which he did btw) but just to ask logical question.

If a Thief steals from me, I am chilled for eternity, to make the things more crazier my attunement switch slowed for %66, so if I just left Water attunement (which is the place I can clear conditions) I have to wait 17s instead of 10s, I have no idea any other profession weapon swap slow downs because of the chill, that is only mechanic I see on Ele.

More injury to the insult, lets see what happens to the Thief, if I chill him, absolutely nothing, all his abilities off cooldown, he is not walking to his enemy, he is just teleporting, only effect he/she will feel after he killed me, he has to walk slowly for next 6s.

One of the few mechanics that can prevent mindless button spamming of a Thief is completely useless against him

Do you remember the uprising, when forst aura didn’t had ICD and when a Thief used quickness he is chilled like 20s it was the end of the world, which was actually L2P issue, when Ele has Frost Aura don’t use quickness, what happened FA got ICD, instead a Thief L2P.

Now Ele is in the same condition and nobody cares, it must be something to do with number of players playing Thief and number of players playing Ele.

in PvP

Posted by: Aedrion.6483

Aedrion.6483

Chill is a very powerful condition, it works well against all classes but teleports are the ideal counter. I play meditations guardian and when I’m chilled, I use teleports to close gaps too. (if I can’t clear the chill fast enough)

As for ele balance in general. The class can be very powerful, but the amount of skill required to make it as good as most other classes is substantially higher than say for a warrior or a necro.

I compliment every ele that beats me in a 1v1, which has been only 2 so far. Allas.

in PvP

posthumecaver.6473

That is the point I am making, you can be most skilled Ele out there, if you are chilled for 10s and your attunements are locked for next 16s, you can be skilled as you like, but you are dead Ele.

And for what, Thief click steal teleported to me and I am chilled, yeah, really skillful, there is no animation to dodge, nothing that I can do, if I don’t have cleanse utility or it is on CD, I am dead.

And you don’t have endless Teleports isn’t, if Ele kites you, chill still has an effect but not against the Thief.

in PvP

Posted by: Leeto.1570

Leeto.1570

Agree, its unfair that i get whining only from elementalists and mesmers about “so much chill :’(( weeeeeee”, i want my chilzzors to decrase pistol whip spamability by 66%, as prophet of grenth i am highly dissapointed by the fact that one class slips through my icy grasp, especially because this class deserves to get chilled down the most.

in PvP

posthumecaver.6473

I can live with Necro chill, it never get to 10s duration and most importantly I can see and dodge most of the attacks of a Necro that can apply me chill but not so against a Thief.

in PvP

Posted by: Thedenofsin.7340

Thedenofsin.7340

OP you are 100% correct. Chill is too effective against elementalists, and not effective enough against thieves.

Chill needs to not affect weapon swap, but affect initiative.

in PvP

Posted by: MIrra.3604

MIrra.3604

OP you are 100% correct. Chill is too effective against elementalists, and not effective enough against thieves.

With the recent buff to inititative regen, I’m not agaisnt applying chill CD increase to thieves.

Also, should chill affect RTL now? We have to be fair right?

in PvP

Posted by: MrYay.7063

MrYay.7063

Chill is not effective overall against most classes.
I have an “absolute-zero” build on my Elementalist, which I play quite often. You can almost perma chill an opponent, BUT it won’t be enough to be useful overall.
Why:
- because the -60% recharge rate work only on skills having CD
- because even if chill is supposed to lower down initiative recharge rate, overall Thief do not have any issue dealing with Chill.
- It is a condition, which is often cleansed by some traits mechanics. It does not do damage either. It is not as annoying as Burn or Poison.

For that I have (and still doing it) requested to change the Chill mechanism by lower down by 50% the attack rates (basically the opposite of quickness).

Peace

in PvP

Posted by: Xaos.3257

Xaos.3257

PLEASE make chill effects RTL please make cripple affect it too, but give us the original cooldown of 15 secs. PLEASE!

Elementalist – Necromancer

in PvP

posthumecaver.6473

Chill is not effective overall against most classes.
I have an “absolute-zero” build on my Elementalist, which I play quite often. You can almost perma chill an opponent, BUT it won’t be enough to be useful overall.
Why:
- because the -60% recharge rate work only on skills having CD
- because even if chill is supposed to lower down initiative recharge rate, overall Thief do not have any issue dealing with Chill.
- It is a condition, which is often cleansed by some traits mechanics. It does not do damage either. It is not as annoying as Burn or Poison.

For that I have (and still doing it) requested to change the Chill mechanism by lower down by 50% the attack rates (basically the opposite of quickness).

Peace

I know I had great hopes for it but I converted to Perma Weakness

in PvP

posthumecaver.6473

With the recent buff to inititative regen, I’m not agaisnt applying chill CD increase to thieves.

Also, should chill affect RTL now? We have to be fair right?

If it is going to slow down Thief’s Pistol Whip spam, you can slow down everything on my Ele :p