Combo's

Combo's

in PvP

Posted by: CutePicsHunter.7430

CutePicsHunter.7430

Combo’s was positioned as one of the key mechanics in this game. It affects wvw, slighty pve, but definitely not spvp. In spvp people use combo fields very rarely, and we are not talking about things like buffing swiftness before match using ele’s 5 in air with staff. Why? Because mostly it’s not effective. I can call effective combo’s in poison (weakness), dark (blind) and light in some cases (retaliation) . Other combo fields don’t make sense to me to even try to proc them, except water, but amount of heal is definitely too low.

Another problem is that the number of skills which place combo fields is not as high as it should be, i think.
And the main problem that spvp is very dynamic, and even if you see combo field and have suitable finisher you will mostly not release combo in time because field will expire. Generally, duration of combo fields is about 3-4 seconds, and it’s inexpedient to just walk in it and use leap or blast inside. It wastes time and it’s not worth the efforts. Just not worth.

So, my suggestions:
1)Increase the duration of combo fields, but not the effects of spells which created them. x2, for example.
2)Buff effects from using finishers in combo fields or even rework them. Examples of good effects were given above.

Also, i think that some combo’s deserve to cause physical, not condition damage. For example, blast finisher in fire field = fire nova (without burning).
Or not to cause, but increase physical damage dealing by finishers. +60% to leap, and +30% to blast finishers.
Or, since haste was nerfed, i won’t be op if some combo’s will give haste. Something like leap finisher in lightning field = 2 seconds of haste. Gcd for thieves :p.

HoT is just a cash grab.
Almost nothing in this game will ever be fixed.
Anet fix things only if it might increase gemstore sales.

Combo's

in PvP

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

what?
in spvp is a lot use from combofields or finishers – dont know how you can think so^^

i agree their are some useless finishers in some combofields noone ever care about BUT ALL classes have some combofields or finishers they need and have to use

like engineer smokefield. Or since patch i need on my engi on elixiergun #5 for lightfield + projectile finisher to clean conditons

or firefield with blastfinisher most used combo in spvp pve or wvw^^ to stack might – s/d ele would not work without this – dont know why you wanna change this

how i said i agree some are useless like most leap or whirlfinisher but projectile and blast are fine

edit: but i agree on your #1 – duration from most combofields is too short

(edited by Romek.4201)

Combo's

in PvP

Posted by: ahuba.6430

ahuba.6430

due to the clusterkitten that is gw2’s combakittens impossible to tell what combo field is available, but, for example, engineers have a lot of ways to take advantage of combo fields. Although some are kinda useless.
they should make combo fields and ability chaining into these fields alot more rewarding, it was what i was most hyped about in gw2s features, but really only engineer takes advantage of it.

Combo's

in PvP

CutePicsHunter.7430

they should make combo fields and ability chaining into these fields alot more rewarding

Yeap, that’s what i’m talking about.

what?
in spvp is a lot use from combofields or finishers – dont know how you can think so^^

i agree their are some useless finishers in some combofields noone ever care about BUT ALL classes have some combofields or finishers they need and have to use

Well, it’s just combos which were designed to be used inside the class, by 1 player. Engi also have water+blast combo with healing turret, and the amount of heal from that combo seems to be legit in this case considering how easy it is.

I talked about combos in which multiplie players are affected. I mean, in most cases it’s hard and not worth to try to do combos using fields placed by another player because of short duration of fields and low effectiveness of combos.

HoT is just a cash grab.

Combo's

in PvP

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

they are “worth” to use it and are very effective and effect multiple players and not only from engi

Ele have most combofields available and all classes can do some fields

maby you should check in wiki heres the link
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Combo

teams use alot combofields – most used are water light fire smoke and now poison and they are all very important in fights

ye maby in randomplay you will not finish the fields from other players cause reactionstime is to low, before you see their is a field it is gone – but in teamplay/teamfights the players should always say (ts) when cast a field so everyone know

Combo's

in PvP

CutePicsHunter.7430

Even when playing with team combos mostly are still not as useful as they should be comparing to how much conditions they should usually satisfy.

HoT is just a cash grab.

Combo's

in PvP

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

Depending on the build, I always try to use combo fields. My Flamethrower/Elixir Gun build is all about stacking might with the fire field from the flamethrower and then keeping myself sustained with combo fields from the healing turret.

People who don’t use combo fields are definitely losing out, trust me.

The reason why the dark fields, light fields, and lightning fields don’t seem useful is because not many classes have them. And some of the classes that do have them don’t use them in any prominent builds. I once tried to use Greatsword to remove condis in whilst standing in a lightfield but noticed, I only removed 1 condition for a 3 seconds whirl…. I find that pathetic.

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

Combo's

in PvP

CutePicsHunter.7430

Depending on the build, I always try to use combo fields. My Flamethrower/Elixir Gun build is all about stacking might with the fire field from the flamethrower and then keeping myself sustained with combo fields from the healing turret.

As i said above, it’s just combos which were designed to be used inside the class, by 1 player, and this combos are easy to use (since my main is engi, i just know it). Combos was positioned as something that usually require several players to be done, something that strongly affects the game. And… it’s just not.

HoT is just a cash grab.

Combo's

in PvP

Posted by: Xom.9264

Xom.9264

Combos help give a edge, they dont really need buffs else they would be too strong.

Xomox ~Human Necro/Engineer ET

Combo's

in PvP

Posted by: MarkPhilips.5169

MarkPhilips.5169

Basically i think combo fields should be a great way to promote a better team play. I think Anet should improve combo fields in the game because is a great idea but now more combo fields are useless or not much effective.

eg. It would be nice if the combo fields made ??by 2 or more teammates were more powerful than make by one player.

Combo's

in PvP

Posted by: emon.1863

emon.1863

what?
BUT ALL classes have some combofields or finishers they need and have to use

Correction: Necro aint using Combofields so much and it has non Finishers at all )

Combo's

in PvP

Posted by: Asurmir.7956

Asurmir.7956

Ele have most combofields available and all classes can do some fields

Actually, Engineers have the most combo fields available

Basically i think combo fields should be a great way to promote a better team play. I think Anet should improve combo fields in the game because is a great idea but now more combo fields are useless or not much effective.

eg. It would be nice if the combo fields made ??by 2 or more teammates were more powerful than make by one player.

It might be that the combo fields are not something to be depended on during the course of a fight—you can go through a whole fight without using a combo field and still win. This is most likely due to each profession becoming more and more self-reliant with the needed heals, boon access, and defense mechanics (stealth, distortion, blocks, evades) already built into the class utilities and weapons. Combos from what the OP is saying, and from my own experience, combos don’t have the biggest impact in combat.

Asurmir “The Heretic” Ravenclaw
http://tinyurl.com/oaxdkgt

Combo's

in PvP

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

what?
BUT ALL classes have some combofields or finishers they need and have to use

Correction: Necro aint using Combofields so much and it has non Finishers at all )

Staff 4 is a blast finisher and I believe the bone fiend detonation is as well…

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

Combo's

in PvP

Posted by: MarkPhilips.5169

MarkPhilips.5169

It might be that the combo fields are not something to be depended on during the course of a fight—you can go through a whole fight without using a combo field and still win. This is most likely due to each profession becoming more and more self-reliant with the needed heals, boon access, and defense mechanics (stealth, distortion, blocks, evades) already built into the class utilities and weapons. Combos from what the OP is saying, and from my own experience, combos don’t have the biggest impact in combat.

I agree with you, for this reason i think anet should improve combo fields.

Classes are too indipendent now and better combo fields (in combat) can be a good way for a better teamplay.

For example area of healing is a good combo field, but it’s not super good now, if two team mates did a combo field, area of healing could heal more than an area of healing done, for example, by an eng alone. (it’ only an idea).

I think a good way could be promote synergy between combo fields between different players, not improve combo fields make alone (to mantain a good balance between classes).

Create different combo fields (more effective in combat) could be another good step.