Countless's PvP Suggestions

in PvP

Posted by: Trigr.6481

Trigr.6481

1— Lock classes at signup with team que ONLY—. The purpose of going into a team que, or anything team wise for that matter with a coordinated group of people is because you feel that you can win with the current composition you signed up with. Not going into a team que, seeing that the other team has a class or possibly a certain spec “depending if you know the person” that puts you at a disadvantage. Then therefore a mini game commences before the game starts for the remaining time on the clock in which I like to call “E-bay Character Swap”.

The main objective of E-bay Character Swap is to look at the enemy team, and whatever class they pick you immediately go to the character screen a pick a class that heavily counters theirs. Each team will continue to do this back and fourth, and the team who swaps characters last before the time runs out will be the winner.

The whole purpose of making a team is to make a composition in which you feel will have a advantage over most, not simply switch characters based off what composition you see. This type of nonsense garbage is fine in solo q, but anything that is team based should not have this feature enabled.

2—Solo Que & Team Que Map vote system — This one pretty much explains itself. Like I get it, I understand there are still some scumbags out there that genuinely enjoys skyhammer. However there needs to be a system in place in order for the majority of the people to decide what map THEY want to play, not what map the game randomly picks for them to play.

3—Que time for Hotjoin— I know this sounds crazy, however when it becomes a chore to simply play on the same team with your friend is when you know something is wrong. Like you guys aren’t even promoting team play in hotjoin, you’re encouraging more people to further break the current system in place, spectate to change teams out of combat, leavers, afker’s, etc. If you add a que time, you would get rid of all of that. Punishing those who went afk, leavers, etc.

Part 1/2

in PvP

Trigr.6481

4—Leaderboards that WORK, combined with a smaller scale pvp mode

I know, I know. You’ve told us before that you’re working on leaderboards, and possibly more game modes, but until it happends, I’m going to continue to poke you with a long pointy stick until you present me with said things. A small scale mode combined with leaderboards at work would open up SO MANY THINGS, I’ll give you a few examples, and my example will be with 2v2 deathmatch.

-With conquest, lets just pretend that there are 1000 people that play, with obviously 5 people on each team. 1000/5 people per team is 200 teams. Not a bad amount right?

-With 2v2 deathmatch, with the same 1000 people that play and 2 on teach team, 1000/2 people per team is 500 teams.

500 teams > 200 teams And the best part about it, is that you are making more competitive teams in the game WITHOUT bringing new people in just by making the overall team size smaller, It’s win win. So before I get replies consisting of “If you make a new game mode conquest will die” OR “The player base is too small for another game mode” I’ll just get my sharp pointy stick and tap to the part about more teams with the same playerbase. The numbers don’t lie, the only thing this would do is benefit the game.

Not only would this change bring back lots of competition, however since the ladder would be working, 2v2 could be shoutcasted at any time. The ladder itself would and should eventually be the competition. That way when the authorized shoutcasters could spectate freely and never run out of material to cast, it would literally be infinite. Since the prize is constantly being fought over until the ladder ends, and then a new one would begin shortly after. In which I would assume you would give a hefty prize for placing at the top in the ladder. However this all relies on a new smaller game mode, and a leaderboard in which the community could trust.

5—Dodge while immob— This is just irritating, just fix it please.

6—Templates— Obviously this is more a quality of life feature, but I wouldn’t mind having it

7—Rewards— The only reason in which I’m adding this is because of the amount of just absurd achievements that I recently encountered. Please try to think of something more creative than having me Collect Trash for a achievement, or whatever. No. It’s a waste of space, a waste of time, and frankly more of a headache. If I had to think of a achievement at the top of my head would be getting 5 stomps in a minute, anything that didn’t require you to become a trash compactor and collector in order to receive an item that you probably won’t care about anyways.

In short this game has the potential of becoming something really good, but when it comes to pvp this game is like looking at a ferrari with no engine. A shiny box with a empty void only leaving you angry afterwards. However fear not my friends, if they were to make these changes it would come soon. Sorry I had to say it.

If you guys have any suggestions, comments, feel free to add them below. Thanks for reading

Countless

in PvP

Posted by: Steb.2571

Steb.2571

Attachments:

IGN: Steb
Team: Blacklisted [Envy]

in PvP

Posted by: Shockwave.1230

Shockwave.1230

I disagree with preventing players from swapping to alts. This promotes players being multi-classers.

In tournaments, it’s banned mid match. But you can swap between rounds. In team queue you don’t know who you’re up against until you’re in match. So if you can’t swap, you can’t simulate a tournament scenario where you’d adjust your team comp on the fly.

Sylvari Elementalist – Mystree Duskbloom (Lv 80)
Norn Guardian – Aurora Lustyr (Lv 80)
Mia A Shadows Glow – Human Thief (Lv 80)

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

1 – This would be awesome. Builds and classes should be locked but then necro should start with some life force.
2 – Open to abuse. I would rather they just deleted skyhammer.
3, Don’t care
4, Yes and yes – two of the biggest issues with pvp in my view.
5, How do you mean? People shouldn’t be able to evade (weapon skill) when immobalised. Immobalised stacking should be removed, and getting immobed mid dodge should be fixed.
6, Pretty clutch I agree
7, Id rather have gold for rewards, the chests are just boring to open.

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in PvP

Posted by: Killthehealersffs.8940

Killthehealersffs.8940

Tell them to create an Unraked que , if you wish to play with your friends
PPl willf flock in what they like and let the other things , die . Its simply :P

in PvP

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

Just get rid of immobilize stacking, one of the worst changes they ever made.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

in PvP

Trigr.6481

1 – This would be awesome. Builds and classes should be locked but then necro should start with some life force.
3, Don’t care
5, How do you mean? People shouldn’t be able to evade (weapon skill) when immobalised. Immobalised stacking should be removed, and getting immobed mid dodge should be fixed.
6, Pretty clutch I agree

Regarding number 2- They literally said in another thread that they will never delete skyhammer, so a vote system would be the most logical compromise.

Regarding number 6- You can still dodge from your current location while immob’d to where you dodged to. It’s glitchy.

in PvP

Trigr.6481

I disagree with preventing players from swapping to alts. This promotes players being multi-classers.

In tournaments, it’s banned mid match. But you can swap between rounds. In team queue you don’t know who you’re up against until you’re in match. So if you can’t swap, you can’t simulate a tournament scenario where you’d adjust your team comp on the fly.

You can be a multi class player, just make up your mind and what you want to run with your comp before you que, with what works best.

Countless

in PvP

Posted by: Rolyate.6753

Rolyate.6753

I 100% agree with the lock before signing up, personally I believe it should be build and class locked.

It provides a far better meta if people have to guess and build for possible setups. Rather than just switching to hard counters.

Rolyate
How do you pronounce your name?

in PvP

Posted by: Booms.2594

Booms.2594

Countless wants to roll meta builds with his cheese and then not let us run his counter haha

gerdian

in PvP

Posted by: DanSH.6143

DanSH.6143

I agree with you on everything except the dodge on immob part, immob doesn’t need a buff imo.

Griften

in PvP

Posted by: Dondagora.9645

Dondagora.9645

I’m fine with the swapping of both builds and classes. I play only mesmer[trying to branch out], but I view multi-classers who are can swap depending on the opponent as a tactical play style. Take the Art of War, by Sun Tzu, for example:

“26. Now the general who wins a battle makes many calculations in his temple ere the battle is fought. The general who loses a battle makes but few calculations beforehand. Thus do many calculations lead to victory, and few calculations to defeat: how much more no calculation at all! It is by attention to this point that I can foresee who is likely to win or lose. "

To be able to have and use multiple classes is a tactical advantage one has over his opponent, the same as a player with more “skill” having an advantage over one with less “skill”. In a certain way, skill can be looked at as brawn, while brain would be creating a plan during the time provided before the match. In this description, brawn would be one’s ability to defeat opponents and brain would be preemptive planning and good decision making[running instead of fighting, etc.]. Swapping of any kind before the beginning of the match, as in being able to comprehend the enemy’s composition and understanding how to best counteract that composition, is part of brain. In such a way, builds of any kind are also a part of brain, arming one’s self with the best abilities and traits thought out well before the match for a certain purpose.

This is another reason why 1v1 isn’t the way the game is balanced nor a game type [yet]. If it was, it would only focus on brawn and no brain.

Therefore, if multi-classers have the skill to play each of their classes and the tact to read/counter the enemy before the fight via class-swapping is simply another type of play style.

in PvP

Posted by: witcher.3197

witcher.3197

3, Don’t care
6, Pretty clutch I agree

Regarding number 2- They literally said in another thread that they will never delete skyhammer, so a vote system would be the most logical compromise.

True but people keep asking for the wrong things. They don’t need to delete the map, just remove it from rated play and keep it in hotjoin. But people are just getting mad (for a good reason) and want to see this map 6 feet under.

in PvP

Posted by: SaintSnow.6593

SaintSnow.6593

I find build swapping is fine in the wait time. Though i think classes should be locked in in tpvp only, while class swapping allowed in solo. I like map vote, works in any pvp game, but sky ham should be removed from rated matches or significantly changed regardless.
Templates should have been implemented long time ago and are a must. The lootz are of course better now than before but it could be much better. The bug with getting immobilized while dodging is obnoxious but its not a major issue like others.
New leaderboards , like templates, are a mandatory change/addition. No questions there.
As for hotjoin, I say remove it and just keep the custom arenas in the list. Replace it with a new Unranked Arena que. This would allow parties/individuals to play together in a match for fun and ultimately get rid of side swapping, etc. So we would have Unranked Que, Solo Ranked Que, and finally Team Ranked Que.
Also as some may know, they are working on a Lord rush (old gw1 gvg) game mode. They should then implement the same ques i listed previously for this mode as well in the arena tab.

Edit: Oh and they should add capes because who doesn’t like godkitten capes.

Säïnt

(edited by SaintSnow.6593)

in PvP

Posted by: Shockwave.1230

Shockwave.1230

You can be a multi class player, just make up your mind and what you want to run with your comp before you que, with what works best.

Countless

The competitive reason to be a multi-class player is to counter comp. You’re basically denying these people their competitive advantage.

In tournaments you can counter comp between rounds, no reason to make team queue out of sync with tournaments.

Now once a match starts, preventing people from swapping chars is in sync with tournament rules, so that change might make since to implement.

Sylvari Elementalist – Mystree Duskbloom (Lv 80)
Norn Guardian – Aurora Lustyr (Lv 80)
Mia A Shadows Glow – Human Thief (Lv 80)

in PvP

Posted by: tichorum.2415

tichorum.2415

I like your idea on map voting. I just kind of skimmed it, so excuse me if this is exactly what you posted as a suggestion…

But in Starcraft 2 they allow you to veto certain maps. If we could veto at least one map, that would be neat.

Former PvP commentator for ESL & Arenanet.

I used to run the Academy Gaming tournaments for GW2.

in PvP

Steb.2571

1. @Steb, you’re kittened. He obviously means get rid of the bug which allows you to dodge while immobed.

Ah, I’ve literally never seen that bug. But stranger things have happened, Groober apparently had no idea what the stuck /dance bug was.

Then ya, obviously fix it, along with the teleport / stunbreak can’t move bugs….and the thousands of broken pathing and teleport bugs. I mean, you would think with only a few maps in the game, and years of development time, that they would make maps function even just a little. Half of each map you can’t even teleport to, players have had to adapt and to learn to play around and figure out the bug since the severity of it is so egregious and overwhelming, and that’s both hysterical, and terrible.

Honestly, I think they should change the way teleports work. Or just go into each map, and fix all the broken pathing, which would help teleports, AND pets at the same time.

(edited by Steb.2571)

in PvP

Posted by: hehk.8705

hehk.8705

1—Lock classes at signup with team que ONLY

That sounds great. There is very little strategy now when making a group because everyone just switches whenever they want. It would also reward smarter teams for coming up with a counter meta comp.

I think at least utilities and weapons can be changed but not traits, runes, sigils and ammis. Would prevent 5 lich comps from being rampant but at the same time prevent people from completely changing how there class plays (d/d→staff, hambow→axe, bunker guard→DPS and so on)

2—Solo Que & Team Que Map vote system

I think this would be terrible for team que because people would build a comp for a specific map and move for that map everytime. that means the entire other team would have to agree on the same map to get it to even a tie vote.

It would be great for solo que tho, would remove a lot of the skyhammer and spirit watch ques.

Curie is my smooth Australian sensei.

in PvP

Posted by: ArrDee.2573

ArrDee.2573

Hello frands! Vee Wee here, #1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!

If we can’t swap classes, how will Vee Wee be able to rage swap to Engineer after condi ele fails!

Wahoo! Bye frands!

#1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!
#1 Frandliest person NA!
http://www.twitch.tv/Livskis <-It’s back!

in PvP

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

If build templating comes in, locking your class on the start of the match could lead to several situational builds becoming more popular.

in PvP

Posted by: CntrlAltDefeat.1465

CntrlAltDefeat.1465

You could possibly make tpvp a blind draw similar to the old team arena’s in gw1. You can’t see what the other team composition is until you actually see them in the arena. You may get a PuG, a gimmick or balanced team. Although half of why this was a good idea in gw1 was because if your team won, you automatically went through to the next team where again you didn’t know what they were running until you made sight with them in the arena.

in PvP

Posted by: shimmerless.4560

shimmerless.4560

How about yes if you somehow get hit by Mesmer sword #3 there is less reason than a sleep-deprived ketamine trip you should get to dodge as well.

in PvP

Trigr.6481

If its possible to counter comp , blame the devs not the players. Hard Counters shouldnt exist in the first place..

Also 2v2 is imbalanced because of supply crate. I havent seen a team without an engi winning a 2v2 Tourny.

When it comes to a engi dropping a crate in 2v2, simply kiting away from the crate would be the answer to that.

in PvP

Trigr.6481

1—Lock classes at signup with team que ONLY

That sounds great. There is very little strategy now when making a group because everyone just switches whenever they want. It would also reward smarter teams for coming up with a counter meta comp.

I think at least utilities and weapons can be changed but not traits, runes, sigils and ammis. Would prevent 5 lich comps from being rampant but at the same time prevent people from completely changing how there class plays (d/d->staff, hambow->axe, bunker guard->DPS and so on)

2—Solo Que & Team Que Map vote system

I think this would be terrible for team que because people would build a comp for a specific map and move for that map everytime. that means the entire other team would have to agree on the same map to get it to even a tie vote.

It would be great for solo que tho, would remove a lot of the skyhammer and spirit watch ques.

2- Yeah I think you’re right, however for solo q this would be highly valued. They just have to continue to not put terrible maps into the rotation when it comes to team que.

Countless

in PvP

Trigr.6481

1. nah. characters should only be locked once game starts. count-comping is just part of the game.
  2. pretty sure this will never get implemented. If it did, they would have actual metrics to prove nobody kittening likes skyhammer, and then they would run out of excuses to not remove it—but still keep it in the game.
  3. sure. or just get rid of hotjoins, and add a normal unranked queue.
  4. get that math out of here! you know jon peters doesn’t like having math in sensible arguments!
  5. @Steb, you’re kittened. He obviously means get rid of the bug which allows you to dodge while immobed.
  6. soon^tm
  7. lol, I don’t understand why they can’t just give us more silver or gold, kitten even extra copper, but noooooo just give me pve trash why don’t you.

in all honesty, anyone that still plays this game has given up hope on pvp ever being balanced or actually fun.

1- “Copy and pasting Heck’s response” There is very little strategy now when making a group because everyone just switches whenever they want. It would also reward smarter teams for coming up with a counter meta comp.

Acandis, You’ve been hanging around Ostrich too much lately it seems, stop it…… Kappa

Countless

in PvP

Posted by: tanztante.6532

tanztante.6532

Hello frands! Vee Wee here, #1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!

If we can’t swap classes, how will Vee Wee be able to rage swap to Engineer after condi ele fails!

Wahoo! Bye frands!

kitten? condi ele pvp?

BUILD! GIMME! NAO!!

Ayaílla ~all is [vain]

ele @ Gf Left Me Coz Of Ladderboard [vain] (EU) / Salty Strategy [PAIN]

in PvP

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

1. Yes please.

2. No. This way Mesmer/Thief teams would always play on Khylo and bunkers on Milfhel. It would be okay if you could lock 1 map only. But more, hell no. And only in soloq.

3. Agree. Something has to be done with this crap ASAP. I know people who would like to play some hotjoins after work, but are tired of these shenanigans.

4. Unless 2v2/3v3 mode gets new maps, crafted just for that annihilation arena with specific fair-play mechanics, hell no. Certain comps and professions would always have an advantage over others. If we’re to officialy implement annihilation in formats with under 5 players, heavy mechanics and changes must be done beforehand.

As for Leaderboards – I’m after copying MMR from World of Warcraft. It’s clear, visible, works and needs only couple adjustements. We don’t have to be innovative about rankings at least. Oh, and Team MMR instead of personal one for tpvp please.

5. No.

6. Yes.

7. Whatever.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in PvP

Steb.2571

bunkers on Milfhel.
……..
on Milfhel
…….
Milfhel……

Attachments:

(edited by Steb.2571)

in PvP

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

bunkers on Milfhel.
……..
on Milfhel
…….
Milfhel……

Oh, don’t blame me, it was just a good laugh on Skype couple months ago and it’s stuck in my head .

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144