Dear community...

Dear community...

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

.. stop talking crap to each other and focus more on game, ty. Past few days i had matches where players spent more time talking kitten to each other than actually playing.

Your teammates won’t suddenly play better because you talk kitten to them. Your enemies won’t suddenly handle you free kills if you talk crap to them. Get over it, pay attention and play game.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

Dear community...

in PvP

Posted by: Argon.1563

Argon.1563

I was going to write a great text wall of China about this very issue, but this gentleman has summed it up perfectly, in a shortened format.

Ive been playing sPvP for one week, and in that time ive seen people be: insulted, patronized, subjected to homophobic abuse, racially abused and threatened. I haven’t seen all those things happen in 1 year and 6 months of PVE and WvW. Sort it out, community.

Dear community...

in PvP

Posted by: ellesee.8297

ellesee.8297

disagree. madchat is the best part of pvp. how can you not find it hilarious?

#1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!
#1 Frandliest person NA!
http://www.twitch.tv/Livskis

Dear community...

in PvP

Posted by: Argon.1563

Argon.1563

If you enjoy people displaying their ignorance and inarticulacy in a way that infringes and angers others, fine, just remember that some people are here to play GuildWars2, not be the victim of criminal activity. Some of the things I have seen said in games breech real-world laws, and I hope AN dealt with them accordingly. Save the “banter” for your friends, not public games.

Dear community...

in PvP

Posted by: jcbroe.4329

jcbroe.4329

Normally the experience in solo q ends up being so bad that I just end up turning off map chat, “say” chat, and team chat.

It’s a shame I end up having to turn off team chat too, because I’m sure that there are players in the community the join and legitimately try to communicate tactics. But usually, everybody joins, somebody says a strategy, and then the rest of the time the chat venues are filled with all of the terrible, rude dialogue that people have already mentioned.

So really, I just end up turning all of the chat off, and if somebody decides they need to private message me and be rude like some people typically do for whatever reason, I block and report them too.

It’s just such a sad state to see the community in. This rude and toxic behavior was also very much highlighted during the Good Fights Invitational stream, in the twitch chat, with people just downright being repulsive, and even prejudicial, especially that whole EU/NA argument that dragged on and on.

People just seem out to ruin each others gameplay experience. It’s very sad.

Jroh | Former SOAC Ranger Podcaster | Platinum Division Top 100 Player
www.twitch.tv/itsJROH For stream, stream schedule, other streamers, builds, etc
https://www.youtube.com/user/JRoeboat

Dear community...

in PvP

Posted by: Pyroatheist.9031

Pyroatheist.9031

Dear community...

in PvP

Posted by: Elxdark.9702

Elxdark.9702

disagree. madchat is the best part of pvp. how can you not find it hilarious?

I agree with you man, the chat is one of the few things why I keep playing soloQ.

Dear community...

in PvP

Posted by: Nary Why Irk.8150

Nary Why Irk.8150

Thats what happens when pvp development has been so bad during two years.

All we got to play was 1 game mode, and a terribly boring one.

Therefore what keeps some players is map chat flames, since the game mode isnt any fun.

Happens on every game, when there is no actual fun on playing itself, people try the fun on chatting.

After 2 years then they will introduce the new game modes.

Yes.

2 years.

Dear community...

in PvP

Posted by: entropy.9613

entropy.9613

Your teammates won’t suddenly play better because you talk kitten to them.

Only because they don’t listen. Which is usually why I’m talking kitten to them in the first place.

However, one thing they will never do is suddenly play better because I said nothing.

Dear community...

in PvP

Posted by: entropy.9613

entropy.9613

If you enjoy people displaying their ignorance and inarticulacy in a way that infringes and angers others, fine, just remember that some people are here to play GuildWars2, not be the victim of criminal activity.

If you’re just here to play GW2, turn off chat and knock yourself out.

If you want to interact with others at the same time, learn how to deal with the internet.

Dear community...

in PvP

Posted by: KarlaGrey.5903

KarlaGrey.5903

Don’t pvp, if you can’t handle that little bit of watered-down trash talk.
If you wanna hold hands and sing happy hippo songs, there’s always Hello Kitty Online to indulge all your needs and wonts.

RIP ‘gf left me coz of ladderboard’ Total views: 71,688 Total posts: 363

Dear community...

in PvP

Posted by: Destiny.6738

Destiny.6738

If you enjoy people displaying their ignorance and inarticulacy in a way that infringes and angers others, fine, just remember that some people are here to play GuildWars2, not be the victim of criminal activity.

If you’re just here to play GW2, turn off chat and knock yourself out.

If you want to interact with others at the same time, learn how to deal with the internet.

Don’t pvp, if you can’t handle that little bit of watered-down trash talk.
If you wanna hold hands and sing happy hippo songs, there’s always Hello Kitty Online to indulge all your needs and wonts.

It’s not about interacting with others – map chat is mostly used for flaming and talking kitten, while considering yourself as a pro – and that’s like 80% of the community. These ppl are worse then any PvE players joining tournaments.

Btw: Hello Kitty Online has better PvP then GW2.

(edited by Destiny.6738)

Dear community...

in PvP

Posted by: KarlaGrey.5903

KarlaGrey.5903

Of that, I have no doubt.

RIP ‘gf left me coz of ladderboard’ Total views: 71,688 Total posts: 363

Dear community...

in PvP

Posted by: Geiir.7603

Geiir.7603

I remember having this Asura Thief calling me out the entire match, calling me a rat and a bad thief and so on, you get the idea. Needless to say I killed him whenever I saw him. That little rat ;p

Well. There’s a lot of crap talk in the chat, and some try to flame you by whispering you. Just block those guys and report them and just ignore what people are saying in the other chats. These brats will always be there, so just get used to it.

Melder – Thief

Dear community...

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

My post is not about kitten talk itself ( i couldn’t care less tbh), it is about the fact that people waste too much time talking crap than actually fighting.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

Dear community...

in PvP

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

what community?

As far as i can see the spvp community is a about 20 pvp teams coming from the US.. and that’s about it..

the rest..
not Spvp community but pugs who scream and curse because of lack of attention..
note: the pvp teams are no better really

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

Dear community...

in PvP

Posted by: Marsares.2053

Marsares.2053

The most fun is when they block your chat before you have ever spoken them and then start to abuse you via whispers whilst you can’t talk back. So childish. You know you’re doing something good though if you’re invoking so much nerd rage.

The best is if you continue farming them, they then ragequit and re-log another character so they can farm you, after which you duly proceed to roflstomp their faces.

Had a Ele rage at me when I 1v1-ed him three times in a row yesterday. He then whispered me and said he’d log his thief and “hunt me down and make my life hell”. A shame for him that he was a 2-spammer and just too easy to kill. Chain-locked him on my Mesmer, then let my illusions kill him off very slowly when he was in downed state whilst I did a /dance on his corpse. He totally rage-quit shortly after.

… kids. There really is no need for this, but if you give it to me, be prepared to receive back. :-)

Dear community...

in PvP

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Soon as you catch heat, i would suggest rolling the exact same build as the person screaming at you.. and destroy them… that should shut them up real quick.

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

Dear community...

in PvP

Posted by: Wintel.4873

Wintel.4873

It really all depends…are there Warriors or Elementalists in either team? Then you’re bound to see flame wars, either because the Warrior is facerolling or the Elementalist is being a free kill (more than they usually are I mean).

Dear community...

in PvP

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

It’s a valid tactic

Dear community...

in PvP

Posted by: Lord Hammer Hand.4815

Lord Hammer Hand.4815

players who talk crap to their teamates or opponent wont see it coming when i put them to my block list which i look at everygame if they are in my team so i can intentionally try to lose the match and see them rage in chat lol

Pacific Islander Legion [NoyP]
Black Gate
Ruthless Legend

Dear community...

in PvP

Posted by: Blacknasty.3641

Blacknasty.3641

I thank the OP for the post. It’s something that is constantly on my mind, but never really put to words.

In the yolo q where I spend most of my time, it seems more often than not that the person yapping “omg, noobs. worst team ever. ugghhh L2P!” is usually under rank 20. They’ve spent some time in the matches and are feeling a little more confident… but haven’t picked up on all the random possibilities of what is going on. It’s easy to pick flavor of the month builds and common tactics, but those are only a fraction of the action. We have all seen people with terribad builds just demolish people, and people with best possible meta builds just flail and die. I would like to think that aside from the one person in chat kittening and moaning, the other 9 are actually focused on the game and are enjoying it. I’ve gotten to know some of the randoms I’ve met in solo queue, and despite how the forums makes it sound, there are actually talented and nice folks who enjoy pvp…Though people rarely mention that.

Dear community...

in PvP

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

It’s always been like this in online games. Generally the players that rage are the least skilled. They blame everyone else to cover up their own faults.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

Dear community...

in PvP

Posted by: DiamondMeteor.8345

DiamondMeteor.8345

But… it’s funny to hear warriors complaining about how they are weak in hotjoin!

In all seriousness, it really should be just like WvW. Communicating to the enemy team shouldn’t be allowed in any PvP. It’s just toxic.

Ranger / Revenant – Crystal Desert

Dear community...

in PvP

Posted by: redslion.9675

redslion.9675

It really all depends…are there Warriors or Elementalists in either team? Then you’re bound to see flame wars, either because the Warrior is facerolling or the Elementalist is being a free kill (more than they usually are I mean).

That’s why some eles trashtalked me no matter what I did. One suggested me to “hang myself” muttering something about a “ultimate that saved me” after we downed an engi at far (don’t know what he was talking about, my ulti is just a signet and he didn’t use his ulti).

Another one was mad at me because I didn’t try to ress him, when there were 2 necros and he was downed at 50% and tried to stomp one of the necros who was downed but was at 99% (didn’t see that). You know what would have happened nevertheless: condispam, he gets poisoned, I can’t ress him fast enough (ress). We both go down. gg. Or I have to blow my cds, with a glass ele at 50% health not capable of surviving a condi spike. Not a bright sight.

It’s like some eles think that I can do impossible things because I am a warrior. Come on! Or they expect you to use hambow (you are going ele, you are in no place to tell me what I should be running :P).

You will never be able to know what an engineer is going to do next…

because he doesn’t know it himself

(edited by redslion.9675)

Dear community...

in PvP

Posted by: redslion.9675

redslion.9675

You will never be able to know what an engineer is going to do next…

because he doesn’t know it himself

Dear community...

in PvP

Posted by: Sunt.6835

Sunt.6835

The most fun is when they block your chat before you have ever spoken them and then start to abuse you via whispers whilst you can’t talk back. So childish. You know you’re doing something good though if you’re invoking so much nerd rage.

The best is if you continue farming them, they then ragequit and re-log another character so they can farm you, after which you duly proceed to roflstomp their faces.

Had a Ele rage at me when I 1v1-ed him three times in a row yesterday. He then whispered me and said he’d log his thief and “hunt me down and make my life hell”. A shame for him that he was a 2-spammer and just too easy to kill. Chain-locked him on my Mesmer, then let my illusions kill him off very slowly when he was in downed state whilst I did a /dance on his corpse. He totally rage-quit shortly after.

… kids. There really is no need for this, but if you give it to me, be prepared to receive back. :-)

I got this like everyday ……. I’m curious how old they are if they are adult i feel shame for them.

usually when someone start talking trash i tell … go duel me first if you win i will listen..
then here we go and they block me and start trash talking

BG

Dear community...

in PvP

Posted by: Drafigo.4690

Drafigo.4690

Just say “NO” to the GW2 Pvp bullies!

Dear community...

in PvP

Posted by: brannigan.9831

brannigan.9831

players who talk crap to their teamates or opponent wont see it coming when i put them to my block list which i look at everygame if they are in my team so i can intentionally try to lose the match and see them rage in chat lol

Yes and screw over 3 other people. Maybe you could just block the person instead and try to win that seems like the more sane thing to do. As long as the guy bad mouthing you is trying his best to win what you claim to do here is even worse behavior because you are punishing 3 people who had no part in anything with a loss. Imo, people need to grow up and learn what ignore is for and how to just laugh off idiots not just claim they do.

(edited by brannigan.9831)