Deimos's thought on "OP" healing signet

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

hello! i’m deimos! i’m a casual sPvP player.
also a casual achievement hunter.

this topic here is to share my thoughts regarding the warrior’s healing skill – healing signet. a lot of people think that healing signet is overpowered, but, is it really so?

to me, a healing skill is only overpowered if it allowed a casual, average player to become godlike, cannot be defeated etc. healing signet does not achieve that, therefore healing signet is not overpowered.

i speak for myself since i am a casual sPvP player and only plays in anet’s official 8 vs 8 hotjoin servers. nowadays in sPvP, i only play my warrior and he is far from godlike or cannot be defeated. he is harder to kill, yes, but not impossible. he still dies every now and then. so, based on this fact alone, my take is that, healing signet is not overpowered.

in short, healing signet is not overpowered because when a casual player uses it, they are not godlike, and still can be defeated.

about the build i use for casual sPvP hotjoin 8 vs 8, i use a simple healing shouts build for my warrior.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fIAQNBMhNak0J5t5x6hJOggZohVh+gdkegGsRaA-T0AAzCoIySllLLTWyssZNqYFyJkZIvQA

long sword + warhorn / long bow
0/0/25/30/15
x6 soldiers rune
some insignificant sigils: earth & leeching
healing signet
for grape justice, shake it off, fear me
signet of rage

i do fine as a support in 8 vs 8 hotjoin since i blast fire field for area might and burn people up. if i get fired upon, i try to escape to let health regenerate back up. i still die anyway if my warrior fails to escape.

i do not use endure pain, berserker’s stance since the recharge time of 60 seconds is too long for my preference. do remember that i’m a casual player who like to spam skills with short recharge time.

as for the usual standard arguments about endure pain, berserker’s stance, warrior’s natural high armor and health will make the warrior godlike. my counter argument would are as follows:

endure pain:
4 seconds, 56 seconds down time. the warrior must be very skilled if he can defeat someone in 4 seconds. various conditions still can slow down the warrior.

berserker’s stance:
8 or 10 seconds. 52 or 50 seconds down time. the warrior is still very vulnerable to burst damage during that period.

warrior’s natural high health and armor:
working as intended since the warrior is designed to have high health, high armor, but simple damaging skills, plus some boons to increase damage and condition damage, as well as swiftness for mobility, stability for protection against control skills, that is, if the warrior equip the correct skills for them.

before this, warriors were dropping like flies in sPvP / WvW even though they have natural high health and armor. warriors were free kills. some warriors were able to come up with some so called “high risk, high rewards” build that if they somehow managed to catch some one off guard, they can mow down their victims very quickly. while the general casual warrior players are still food for other professions.

after the buff to the weak healing signet skill, suddenly, casual warrior players can perform better than before, able to sustain more, they are no longer free kills. the existing professions who have been preying on the warriors find it not so easy to put down the warriors as before and now felt that the healing signet is overpowered.

this is because they are simple unable to score free warrior kills as easily as before. warriors are not impossible to kill, they are able to sustain better thanks to the improved healing signet, instead of being free kill, other professions will take them somewhat seriously now.

thanks for reading!

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

hmmm message too long, cannot fit in.
a little bit about myself.

i played some sPvP tournament when PvP achievements were introduced, before they were changed into solo arena and team arena. back then PvP monthly required 3/3 tournament wins so i tried out sPvP tournaments just for that, since i want to complete the PvP monthly achievements. yes, the PvP daily and PvP monthly achievements motivated me to play sPvP more.

during beta weekends, i only played sPvP in hotjoin 8 vs 8. yes, i love 8 vs 8 hot join. after launch i only played PvE and some WvW. i tried out sPvP a bit but spend more time in PvE though. it was until PvP daily achievements and monthly achievements were introduced that i spend some time playing sPvP. still not much though. only 3 games per day to complete the dailies.

nowadays, i stopped playing solo arena or team arena, only played in anet’s official hotjoin 8 vs 8 servers for sPvP dailies, same routine 3 games per day, until sPvP monthly is completed then i wait for the next month. can’t help it since living stories introduces new achievements every 2 weeks. remember that i’m a casual achievement hunter.

the free time i have, i come to the sPvP forums to post stuff, while taking care not to post stuffs that will score me some forum infractions. i do not wish for my forum posting rules to be revoked since i enjoy voicing out myself in the forums.

in PvP

Posted by: Requiem.8769

Requiem.8769

i speak for myself since i am a casual sPvP player and only plays in anet’s official 8 vs 8 hotjoin servers. nowadays in sPvP, i only play my warrior and he is far from godlike or cannot be defeated. he is harder to kill, yes, but not impossible. he still dies every now and then. so, based on this fact alone, my take is that, healing signet is not overpowered.

in short, healing signet is not overpowered because when a casual player uses it, they are not godlike, and still can be defeated.

Are you serious?

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Are you serious?

yes, i am serious.

i speak for myself, as a casual sPvP player, who enjoys using warrior in anet’s public 8 vs 8 hotjoin servers, and in WvW.

come, lets hear your counter argument.

in PvP

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

Hmm, a good study would be for you to roll a different profession and comment on which one felt more powerful, from a casual perspective.

I agree somewhat that the casual perspective is important. Games need casual players, and the skill floor disparity between professions can’t be too large, or it will be horribly imbalanced at low tiers. However, I think HS is a poor skill to defend from that perspective. It’s incredibly effective and requires no real actions or decisions to be made.

On the whole, I’d say warrior is a bit casual un-friendly atm because at the casual level, you’d be gimping yourself not to use one.

in PvP

Posted by: noobftw.9654

noobftw.9654

i speak for myself, as a casual sPvP player, who enjoys using warrior in anet’s public 8 vs 8 hotjoin servers, and wvw

This speaks for itself.

in PvP

Requiem.8769

Are you serious?

yes, i am serious.

i speak for myself, as a casual sPvP player, who enjoys using warrior in anet’s public 8 vs 8 hotjoin servers, and in WvW.

Counter argument? I need an argument to counter first.
Imagine taking a class, putting it in sPvP and going AFK to make tea. If I came back at the end of the game, and it had died, then your “argument” would qualify this as balanced – even if, most of the time, I would live. Clearly (I hope?) this is nonsensical in the extreme.
My recommendation: Provide numbers. Stats. Analysis. Comparisons. But saying “I run this and it sometimes dies” is mindbogglingly ineffective.

in PvP

Posted by: Rednik.3809

Rednik.3809

Imagine taking a class, putting it in sPvP and going AFK to make tea. If I came back at the end of the game, and it had died, then your “argument” would qualify this as balanced – even if, most of the time, I would live.

Are you high or something?

Kiijna, Xast, Satis Ironwail, Sekhaina, Shira Forgesparkle, Sfeno, Nasibi, Tegeira, Rhonwe…
25 charracters

in PvP

Requiem.8769

Imagine taking a class, putting it in sPvP and going AFK to make tea. If I came back at the end of the game, and it had died, then your “argument” would qualify this as balanced – even if, most of the time, I would live.

Are you high or something?

Am I? No. Are you?
His argument included absolutely no elements of gameplay whatsoever. I merely took that to its extreme (and logical) conclusion. This was meant to highlight its ridiculousness- which, evidently, you missed.

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Hmm, a good study would be for you to roll a different profession and comment on which one felt more powerful, from a casual perspective.

I agree somewhat that the casual perspective is important. Games need casual players, and the skill floor disparity between professions can’t be too large, or it will be horribly imbalanced at low tiers. However, I think HS is a poor skill to defend from that perspective. It’s incredibly effective and requires no real actions or decisions to be made.

On the whole, I’d say warrior is a bit casual un-friendly atm because at the casual level, you’d be gimping yourself not to use one.

hmmm try a different profession, in sPvP, 8 vs 8 hotjoin … hmm ….
might be hard for me, but yeah, i should try that.
in the past, besides warrior, i only played staff / scepter + torch mesmer extensively. trying to confuse (not the condition) players with clones and phantasms. but now i noticed something in WvW is, clones do not have the mesmer symbol next to their names. is this the same in sPvP? seems like a bad nerf to clones.

and a short bow thief, basically just spam poison and bleed condition while blasting area weakness to support team members.

necro, tried 1 round.
ranger, tried 1 round.
engineer, tried 1 round
guardian, played few rounds during beta weekend, after release, got try a few rounds
elementalist, never tried

errr yeah i guess that tells you a lot about my skill level.

“skill floor disparity between professions can’t be too large, or it will be horribly imbalanced at low tiers.”
i think what they (anet) is trying to do, is to make all professions easier to play? O_O

“I think HS is a poor skill to defend from that perspective.”
hmmm well i dunno really. but from my warped perspective alone, my casual warrior enjoys the improved healing signet none the less, since kissing the floor most of the time in a sPvP match is not really fun, for me, at least.

and also because i did not really play the other 5 professions in sPvP much at all.

healing signet may be indeed a poor skill to defend from that perspective (i.e. casual players are important too) but i will attempt to “defend” it anyway. thanks for sharing your feedback yar!

“It’s incredibly effective and requires no real actions or decisions to be made. "
yup! from a casual warrior’s perspective, i only need to focus on other things
- is my adrenaline full? find good target, f1 !!!
- is someone attacking me? no? good! keep attacking others!
- someone is attacking me! health >80% ? doesn’t matter, keep on attacking!
- my health is dropping very fast! dodge! dodge! flee!
- hurrrr durrrr team fight! f1 !!! long bow 3! blast area might! spam aoe!
- health around 60%? FOR GRAPE JUSTICE! (shouts heal)
- stunned / dazed / knocked down? SHAKE IT OFF!
- reviving allies, enemy trying to finish him / her? FEAR ME!

and that kinda sums up my sPvP chain of thoughts while playing my warrior casually in anet’s public 8 vs 8 hotjoin servers.

i speak for myself, as a casual sPvP player, who enjoys using warrior in anet’s public 8 vs 8 hotjoin servers, and wvw

This speaks for itself.

yes, i believe the other casual warrior sPvP players are:
- enjoy themselves with their new found sustain in hotjoins
- afraid to voice out in the forums due to forum elitism
- other reasons

Imagine taking a class, putting it in sPvP and going AFK to make tea. If I came back at the end of the game, and it had died, then your “argument” would qualify this as balanced – even if, most of the time, I would live. Clearly (I hope?) this is nonsensical in the extreme.
My recommendation: Provide numbers. Stats. Analysis. Comparisons. But saying “I run this and it sometimes dies” is mindbogglingly ineffective.

any warrior will not survive being away from the keyboard in the game. especially in a 8 vs 8 hotjoin game room.

if you wish, i could record a video.

what kind of numbers, stats, analysis, comparison you wish for me to provide?

His argument included absolutely no elements of gameplay whatsoever. I merely took that to its extreme (and logical) conclusion. This was meant to highlight its ridiculousness- which, evidently, you missed.

well, it was more of a opinion sharing session.
yes, i did not show any elements of gameplay etc.
well, i did show what build my warrior was running though.

we can start from there if you wish to.

(edited by Deimos Tel Arin.7391)

in PvP

Rednik.3809

Am I? No. Are you?

His arguments is as good (if not better) as 99% of posts made by “professional tPvP players”:
“lel cheese OP builds” (ofc w/o any discussions about alternative builds)
“omg <ability name> so broken, here is my awesome idea – nerf it to the ground!” (ofc not a single phrase about how build can be played without this ability)
“<classname> killed me 100500 times, crazy OP nerf plz nao” (ofc our great professional player never gonna tell us his build and never give more information about his fights).

At least he is honest about himself and his game and not pretending to be Greatest Expert Of PvP Community Ever With Mad Skillz And 1000+ Years Of Experience.

Kiijna, Xast, Satis Ironwail, Sekhaina, Shira Forgesparkle, Sfeno, Nasibi, Tegeira, Rhonwe…
25 charracters

in PvP

Requiem.8769

any warrior will not survive being away from the keyboard in the game. especially in a 8 vs 8 hotjoin game room.

Excellent. To begin, I would like you to play an Elementalist. Any build you like, but include which in your response. Next, I would like you to take this build into a 1v1 arena, and duel every Healing Signet warrior you can find. ~10 should be a sufficient data pool. Record these duels on video.
Once that is done, take said Elementalist into sPvP. Play ~5 matches. Record the results of these matches, and your fights within them.
Compile a table of your wins, losses, draws in 1v1.
Create a pie-chart of health lost in these duels. As in, if I died after starting with 15k HP, and my enemy was down to 10k after starting with 20k, I would record a 15k loss for myself and a 10k for my enemy. Use the aggregate results of every duel.

That should be good enough for now. Thank you for your cooperation.
I await your video and response with great anticipation.

in PvP

Requiem.8769

Am I? No. Are you?

His arguments is as good (if not better) as 99% of posts made by “professional tPvP players”:
“omg <ability name> so broken, here is my awesome idea – nerf it to the ground!” (ofc not a single phrase about how build can be played without this ability)
“<classname> killed me 100500 times, crazy OP nerf plz nao” (ofc our great professional player never gonna tell us his build and never give more information about his fights).

At least he is honest about himself and his game and not pretending to be Greatest Expert Of PvP Community Ever With Mad Skillz And 1000+ Years Of Experience.

Whether his arguments are as good as 99% of other players’ is irrelevant. What is relevant is the merit of his arguments.
However, I must agree that he seems completely open to discussion, and for this I applaud him.

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.6245

Archaon.6245

OP warrior opening threads to explain why war is not op.

Reminds me crazy op eles months ago trying to explain how ele was fine because they wanted to continue “hurr durr i do what i want and you can’t stop me even if i’m bad as kitten”

War atm is almost as stupid as ele was months ago…and looking at casuals straight from pve rocking around facerolling ppl just spamming stuff not even knowing what are they doing is more than enough to invalidate every possible point defending wars..8vs8 hotjoin proves nothing, gw2 pvp must be balanced around tpvp…i can kill 3 or 4 alone with pu mesmer in hotjoin, but in tpvp i’m not even trying to go with dat cause it’s completely unuseful…problem with wars is that you can easily faceroll ppl and still being effective in teams…if wars weren’t so effective in tournaments while being played randomly noone would give a kitten to them..

(edited by Archaon.6245)

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Am I? No. Are you?

hahah thanks i will take that as a compliment. XD

Excellent. To begin, I would like you to play an Elementalist. Any build you like, but include which in your response. Next, I would like you to take this build into a 1v1 arena, and duel every Healing Signet warrior you can find. ~10 should be a sufficient data pool. Record these duels on video.
Once that is done, take said Elementalist into sPvP. Play ~5 matches. Record the results of these matches, and your fights within them.
Compile a table of your wins, losses, draws in 1v1.
Create a pie-chart of health lost in these duels. As in, if I died after starting with 15k HP, and my enemy was down to 10k after starting with 20k, I would record a 15k loss for myself and a 10k for my enemy. Use the aggregate results of every duel.

That should be good enough for now. Thank you for your cooperation.
I await your video and response with great anticipation.

hurrrr durrrr iseewhatyoudidthere.jpg
okay, since i have not really played an elementalist in sPvP before.
i think it will take some time. for this … assignment …

le assignment!
1. play an elementalist in sPvP, for my case, let this be anet’s public 8 vs 8 hotjoin servers.
2. once comfy, use this build in 1 vs 1 servers against warriors
3. record matches for 10 matches.
4. record health losses for each match.
5. play 5 sPvP matches (hotjoin 8 vs 8 for me) with the same ele build

let me quote Trahearne, the number 1 hated villian hero from PvE
“This won’t end well.”
for my elementalist, i think.

but i should give it a try anyway!

source:
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Trahearne

cheers and thanks for the feedback!
errrr and assignment!

Reminds me crazy op eles months ago trying to explain how ele was fine because they wanted to continue “hurr durr i do what i want and you can’t stop me even if i’m bad as kitten”

horry kitten! look at elementalist now! actually i dun really know much about elementalist since i do not play them a lot. however, last time, i recall that, elementalist were kinda really hard to put down. those really good ones. can really survive 2 versus 1 and then run away when needed to be.

now you made wonder if i should continue with my topic or not …

in PvP

Archaon.6245

those really good ones. can really survive 2 versus 1 and then run away when needed to be.

You’re right…really good ones are supposed to be good (When they nerfed it every single random scrub rerolled ele and could stay alive vs 2 while roaming everywhere with pretty much no counters)…atm ppl can just reroll a war with NO experience on it (Many friends did while i’m not going for it cause i never went fotm and never will) being even MORE effective than with their main class with thousands of tpvp matches on it…and yes, this is called being op.

(edited by Archaon.6245)

in PvP

Requiem.8769

Take your time. As long as all the data is before the Dec. 10th patch, you’re golden. Good luck.
Cheers.

in PvP

Posted by: noobftw.9654

noobftw.9654

War atm is almost as stupid as ele was months ago…and looking at casuals straight from pve rocking around facerolling ppl just spamming stuff not even knowing what are they doing is more than enough to invalidate every possible point defending wars..

War > dd ele pre nerf.
More hp armor
More dps
More cc and immo. (DD ele has 2 cc 1 immo, hambow Warr for instance has at least 3 cc 2 immo)
More mobile.
Longer blocking invul vs shocking aura no ele uses arcane shield then
Ele only outshines Warr on healing and teleport.
Both are kinda spammy, Warr is more forgiving and less buttons.

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

You’re right…really good ones are supposed to be good (When they nerfed it every single random scrub rerolled ele and could stay alive vs 2 while roaming everywhere with pretty much no counters)…atm ppl can just reroll a war with NO experience on it (Many friends did while i’m not going for it cause i never went fotm and never will) being even MORE effective than with their main class with thousands of tpvp matches on it…and yes, this is called being op.

well, you did say that many of your friends with no experience in warrior did very good in warrior.
also, more effective than their main profession.
but the keyword here is “thousands of tpvp matches on their main professions.” as mentioned by you.

my counter argument to your statement would be:
1. with thousands of tpvp matches under their belt, your friends hardly qualify as casual players.
2. they know how to sPvP, that is for sure.
3. even though they have no experience in playing a warrior, yet able to excel in it, even perform better than their main previous professions. this could also be interpreted as, the warrior is a very newbie friendly profession.
4. since many your friends are experienced sPvP players, it is natural that they do well with the warrior profession.
5. from another perspective, their main professions could use some buffs, maybe?

hmmm?

my original “argument” being:
healing signet does not make casual warriors godlike or down right impossible to kill, but simply harder to kill, so based on that logic, healing signet is not overpowered.

Take your time. As long as all the data is before the Dec. 10th patch, you’re golden. Good luck.
Cheers.

okay, got it.
deadline is 10 dec 2013 !!!

in PvP

Archaon.6245

well, you did say that many of your friends with no experience in warrior did very good in warrior.
also, more effective than their main profession.
but the keyword here is “thousands of tpvp matches on their main professions.” as mentioned by you.

my counter argument to your statement would be:
1. with thousands of tpvp matches under their belt, your friends hardly qualify as casual players.
2. they know how to sPvP, that is for sure.
3. even though they have no experience in playing a warrior, yet able to excel in it, even perform better than their main previous professions. this could also be interpreted as, the warrior is a very newbie friendly profession.
4. since many your friends are experienced sPvP players, it is natural that they do well with the warrior profession.
5. from another perspective, their main professions could use some buffs, maybe?

hmmm?

my original “argument” being:
healing signet does not make casual warriors godlike or down right impossible to kill, but simply harder to kill, so based on that logic, healing signet is not overpowered.

Cheers.

okay, got it.
deadline is 10 dec 2013 !!!

Just try rerolling a mesmer and go tpvp while you never used it before, even with 4k tpvp matches on your back with other classes…see what happens..that’s the difference.

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Just try rerolling a mesmer and go tpvp while you never used it before, even with 4k tpvp matches on your back with other classes…see what happens..that’s the difference.

ah, i did play mesmer before, errr quite some time ago, not much in tournament (solo arena, team arena) more in 8 vs 8 hotjoin.

in this topic, i am “defending” the healing signet from a casual warrior’s perspective.

so, are you telling me to play a mesmer in sPvP hotjoin 8 vs 8 and then come back here to share my experience as a casual mesmer?

because i do not play solo arena or team arena nowadays.
only in anet’s public 8 vs 8 hotjoin servers.

by the way, when you guys / gals say “rerolling” a new profession, you meant changing the builds, runes, amulets, traits etc right?

because i think most people (PvE / WvW) would have enough slots for one of each profession at least.

though i am not too sure sPvP only players though, as they may just delete existing characters and make a new one for a new professions since there are only 5 character slots but a total of 8 professions.

in PvP

Rednik.3809

War > dd ele pre nerf.
More hp armor
More dps
More cc and immo. (DD ele has 2 cc 1 immo, hambow Warr for instance has at least 3 cc 2 immo)
More mobile.
Longer blocking invul vs shocking aura no ele uses arcane shield then
Ele only outshines Warr on healing and teleport.
Both are kinda spammy, Warr is more forgiving and less buttons.

Double ele teams was tPvP standard, some teams tried even triple ele comps. Now can you show me numerous double war tPvP teams, pretty please?

25 charracters

in PvP

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

to me, a healing skill is only overpowered if it allowed a casual, average player to become godlike, cannot be defeated etc. healing signet does not achieve that, therefore healing signet is not overpowered.

So, a healing skill is only OP if a casual player that uses it is impossible to kill. Interesting definition you got there but a tad optimistic.

in PvP

Archaon.6245

so, are you telling me to play a mesmer in sPvP hotjoin 8 vs 8 and then come back here to share my experience as a casual mesmer?

8vs8 proves nothing..you can still be good with worthless 1v1 specs like pu or phantasm, if you want to try hotjoin go with shatter that is the only viable spec for tpvp and see if you can just spam stuff around like with hambow warrior (tpvp war spec)

PS. This is s-tpvp forum..noone gives a kitten bout zerg vs zerg here because wvsw has nothing to do with pvp, even skills are different since wvsw goes with pve mechanics and skills and yes pvp players normally delete chars and make new ones if they need to reroll prof, i already have 2 shatter mesmers just with slightly different traits…all pve lv2 chars so don’t give a kitten bout deleting one to make another….worst part is that they forced us to do that kitten pve quest instead of porting in pvp straight at lv1

In pvp you don’t rely on you ascendend kitten, level, zergs and candies to be good, is based on player skills only (That’s why noskill specs are stupid)…you can give me a brand new r1 account and i’ll play exactly the same as i play with my main account since stats and gear will be always the same from r1 to r80 just different skins

(edited by Archaon.6245)

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

8vs8 proves nothing..you can still be good with worthless 1v1 specs like pu or phantasm, if you want to try hotjoin go with shatter that is the only viable spec for tpvp and see if you can just spam stuff around like with hambow warrior (tpvp war spec)

PS. This is s-tpvp forum..noone gives a kitten bout zerg vs zerg here because wvsw has nothing to do with pvp, even skills are different since wvsw goes with pve mechanics and skills and yes pvp players normally delete chars and make new ones if they need to reroll prof, i already have 2 shatter mesmers just with slightly different traits…all pve lv2 chars so don’t give a kitten bout deleting one to make another….worst part is that they forced us to do that kitten pve quest instead of porting in pvp straight at lv1

well, this topic is about how a casual warrior is trying to express his thoughts regarding that how healing signet is not overpowered in his perspective.

pvp games need both casual and competitive players. a pvp game cannot survive on competitive players alone as there will always be more casual players than competitive players.

this is a “Structured PvP” forum which covers discussion on solo arena, team arena as well as hotjoin games.

i believe i have my rights to express my opinions on this forum, unless the officials tells me otherwise.

also, 8 vs 8 is not zerg vs zerg.
i call it casual sPvP.

i see. thanks for sharing your part about sPvP players constantly deleting and re-creating new characters in order to sPvP.

In pvp you don’t rely on you ascendend kitten, zergs and candies to be good, is based on player skills only (That’s why noskill specs are stupid)…you can give me a brand new r1 account and i’ll play exactly the same as i play with my main account since stats and gear will be always the same from r1 to r80 just different skins

exactly, that is why it is called structured player versus player since everyone has access to the same things.

healing signet is not “noskill specs” though. it is functioning as intended, giving the warrior a constant health regeneration per second.

for me, i think it is not stupid but allows the warrior to act as a warrior, able to sustain more damage before being violently taken down, able to get everyone’s attention on the warrior.

like i said earlier, previously, warriors were the first one to be focused fire on, because they go down so fast.

now, people start to take them more seriously.

in PvP

Archaon.6245

well, this topic is about how a casual warrior is trying to express his thoughts regarding that how healing signet is not overpowered in his perspective.

pvp games need both casual and competitive players. a pvp game cannot survive on competitive players alone as there will always be more casual players than competitive players.

this is a “Structured PvP” forum which covers discussion on solo arena, team arena as well as hotjoin games.

i believe i have my rights to express my opinions on this forum, unless the officials tells me otherwise.

also, 8 vs 8 is not zerg vs zerg.
i call it casual sPvP.

i see. thanks for sharing your part about sPvP players constantly deleting and re-creating new characters in order to sPvP.

wvsw is zerg vs zerg…8vs8 is little zerg vs little zerg since not enough ppl…but tactics and skills needed are pretty much the same…zero…tpvp is a totally different world, you must play good (Or just go with op cheese specs like, as i said, hambow war or spirit ranger) and you must play as a team, bad players can do whatever thay want in hotjoin since noone gives a kitten bout winning, tactics and good play, in tpvp if you’re bad you’re out. Healing signet giving so much regen wouldn’t be op if wars would have to trait for it losing damage and overall effectiveness…but right now even zerk wars traited for cc and killing stuff around get that continuous regen..other classes if they go full berserker won’t have anything even close to that kitten, regen if fine…getting it with no drawbacks when not traited for healing isn’t…at all

(edited by Archaon.6245)

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

wvsw is zerg vs zerg…8vs8 is little zerg vs little zerg since not enough ppl…but tactics and skills needed are pretty much the same…zero…tpvp is a totally different world, you must play good (Or just go with op cheese specs like, as i said, hambow war or spirit ranger) and you must play as a team, bad players can do whatever thay want in hotjoin since noone gives a kitten bout winning, tactics and good play, in tpvp if you’re bad you’re out.

aye, 8 vs 8 hotjoin is a mini zerg, that i can agree.
well, tactics … errr strength in numbers is a good tactic ahhaa.
skills, well, individual skills still matter to a certain extend.

yes, 5 vs 5 solo arena and team arena is totally different from hotjoin 8 vs 8 this i agree. i cannot play good, so i steer clear of that, and only participate in anet’s public 8 vs 8 hotjoin servers.

yes, team work is very important for 5 vs 5 arena game mode (solo and team).

can we not call the players who only play in hotjoin “bad players” please?
please understand that there are both casual and competitive players in the sPvP part of guild wars 2. and i dare say there are more casual hotjoin players than solo or team arena (competitive) players. unless an official tells me otherwise.

yes, hotjoin is supposed to be a place for casual players to have some casual sPvP fun, without all the seriousness of solo arena or team arena.

do remember that many people still play computer games for fun.

in PvP

Posted by: CntrlAltDefeat.1465

CntrlAltDefeat.1465

warrior=apple
ele=pear

Both are fruit. Both grow on a tree. Both grow in a orchard. Both have skin. Both have seeds. Both have a core. Both can produce juice. They are equally the same then. No, they’re not the same. One is a apple..one is a pear..therefore although there maybe similarities, they cannot be compared. What is the point of collecting data on a apple and pear and comparing this element with that element when they are not comparable to begin with.

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

warrior=apple
ele=pear

Both are fruit. Both grow on a tree. Both grow in a orchard. Both have skin. Both have seeds. Both have a core. Both can produce juice. They are equally the same then. No, they’re not the same. One is a apple..one is a pear..therefore although there maybe similarities, they cannot be compared. What is the point of collecting data on a apple and pear and comparing this element with that element when they are not comparable to begin with.

perhaps he wants to prove to me that elementalist will have a hard time surviving or even killing someone in sPvP?

take note that i have never really played an elementalist in sPvP before. not even in 8 vs 8 hotjoin.

in PvP

Posted by: Forsaker.9213

Forsaker.9213

Hey Deimos ,

so ok u have your point view , u are casual 8v8 player , based on what u wrote i can say that your are wrong HS is broken when it comes to balance , i respect your point of view but there ppl with more exp than u who plaied thousend hours of competetive pvp on diffrent profesions so 1st try to play some soloque idk some team que with friends , try diffrent proefesions but not 1-2 rounds , just try to get more exp in higher level of pvp.

Coments “Are you high or something?” are just stupid , guy made topic with his point of view so its just better to explain him some thing then just trash talk , realy some ppl here sometimes act like bunch of ….

in PvP

Posted by: Adian.8756

Adian.8756

Hahaha. 10/10. Good troll.

Lyann Vail | 80 Mesmer
Aurora Glade [EU] | Leader of ‘The New Reality [NR]’
WvW Beast!

in PvP

Posted by: mini.6018

mini.6018

I apreciate the op for voicing out his opinion wich is 100% the reality.He plays a very Powerfull build sustain wise yetvit’s far from Op letalone healing signet by itself in the age of insta burst and conition flooding..But unfortunately these players complaining about it will not hear reason for a multitude of reasons:ignorance, denial, bads, flock mentality and so on.There is no changing them.

I remember a few months back when people were complaining that it was impossible for a group of ppl to kill one warrior because of hs.I always wondered how in hell can anyone be that bad since i always get bursted down fairly quick by any good dps build in spvp or wvw.Iam a casual player myself but in more than several ocasions i won 1v2 and even 1v3 tanky warriors with hs.The difference is i run a zerker build and healing sig is lacking tremendously against good damage.Yes i soloed 3 wars while ppl are complaining that in 5 they cant kill one.Is my hs mire op thrn theirs?Maybe i need to check if some classes only weapon option is “wet noodle” idk.

Problem is this game for too long rewarded sustain damage and tankiness over true dps builds.A easy mode for bad players i might say since bunker builds are far too forgiving for their investment, can still do very big damage on a glass canon (because no armor) and basicly live trough countless mistakes promoting braindead gameplay.In the other corner tha dps build stands just the opposite where only 1 mistake can quickly result in death and their burst is not enough to kill them in one rotation only.

Hs was just a minor slap in the face to such lameness builds but unfortunately 99.9 % of gw2 (s except thieves)playerbase was playing just that resulting in this massive qq storm.

(edited by mini.6018)

in PvP

Posted by: livlaender.8790

livlaender.8790

ask yourself these questions:

would you use any other healskills besides of the signet, would you activate the signet to heal yourself?

my answers are no and no….becouse the amount of the passive heal is such high

die Gedanken sind frei

in PvP

Rednik.3809

would you use any other healskills besides of the signet, would you activate the signet to heal yourself?

More like because other heals are too bad to give any good sustain in current meta, especially condition meta.

25 charracters

in PvP

Posted by: Empyre.2531

Empyre.2531

Ok, so we up the damage even more. You seem to not realize that the upward (damage) helix is BAD for the game. In a game with too much damage overall (cond and direct) you can’t simply go and up it further.
Also think about what you said. You want to up 7 classes, that will put warrior down in relative sustain and relative damage output resulting in the same as grounding warrior a bit. Want a 15k fire grab on your 2.8k armor in spvp?

[RG]

in PvP

livlaender.8790

pls, dont twist my words around, i allready founded it (becouse the amount of passive heal is such high !)

the other healskills are not to bad, signet passiv heal is to strong…..but compared to the signet the other healskills are bad, oh yes !

one of the other heals heals the player for 5k+ points and removes 3 condis on 20 sec cd and the other heal heals the player between 6k to 10k (depends on adrenaline lvl) on 30 sec cd

and the warrior has many, many possibilities to deal with condidps…..

die Gedanken sind frei

(edited by livlaender.8790)

in PvP

Archaon.6245

pls, dont twist my words around, i allready founded it (becouse the amount of passive heal is such high !)

the other healskills are not to bad, signet passiv heal is to strong…..but compared to the signet the other healskills are bad, oh yes !

one of the other heals heals the player for 5k+ points and removes 3 condis on 20 sec cd and the other heal heals the player between 6k to 10k (depends on adrenaline lvl) on 30 sec cd

and the warrior has many, many possibilities to deal with condidps…..

Wish i have something like that on mesmer…even those considered “not so good” by 90% of wars

lol ppl wanna see some worthless healing skills forcing you to pick one not because it’s op but because others are so bad it’s pretty much like going suicide? Take a look at mesmer…you wars have terrible options on healing skills…yeah…right..

(edited by Archaon.6245)

in PvP

Posted by: mini.6018

mini.6018

I asked myself and i respond that the rest of warrior heals are terrible since release.If you check the forums you will see a 15 month stream of threads asking Anet to fix /give warrior better heals because they were that bad.

Everyone using healsig for that reason.Mending heal is crap and andrenaline surgee needs full andrenaline or the heal it’s terrible.In a fight you cannor wait to get full amdrenaline when you need healing or you cannot save andrenaline for healing because the class is such f1 depwndent.Andrenaline surge is terrible designed.If they would fix it to require no andrenalineit would ve a normal heal on par with othwr classes and war will atill lack because except shouts iit’s still the most difficult class to gain healrt on by normal means.Ad to that melee dependent, suceptible to blinds qnd facetanking class, no protction and voipa, ofc everyone uses hs atm.

When wasthe last time you seen any war using mending before hs buff? Did that mean Andrenaline surge was OP because all wars were using it? Please this has a no logic for an argument.

(edited by mini.6018)

in PvP

livlaender.8790

all heals got buffed, but in my opinion anet has exaggerated with the signet passive heal

before the healbuffs you were able to chose between the 3 healskills, they had all their pros and cons, no of them 3 was better than the other….surge: adrenaline gain on heal….signet: passive heal wich you dont need to activate….mending: removed also 2 condis on heal…..the surge was just used becouse of the adrenaline gain on heal, not becouse it was op….and this is true, healing signet is just used now, couse the passive effect is such high, not becouse the other healskills would be to bad

maybe you all should try to play without healskill, maybe than you would recognize, that the healskills beside signet are fine….

die Gedanken sind frei

in PvP

Posted by: Thedenofsin.7340

Thedenofsin.7340

Are you serious?

yes, i am serious.

That’s a completely invalid argument. You’re saying that it’s balanced for bad players. The argument is so poor I will find it difficult to ever take your posts seriously.

gg

in PvP

Posted by: bethekey.8314

bethekey.8314

Just going to go ahead and re-post this here…

The way warriors are designed in this game and many others, is to be a good introductory class. This says nothing about skill ceiling, only skill floor. In their current state, warriors are actually serving this purpose well. New players can enter into the game, equip themselves with strong yet easy-to-use skills like Healing Signet, Berserker’s Stance, Endure Pain etc. and perform well. This creates a problem, however, when such low-skill, high power abilities do not lose effectiveness as the player progresses into areas of the game that require more skill.

Here is a perfect example:

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

but i enjoy playing a warrior, in sPvP (hotjoin 8 vs 8 whee) / PvE / WvW
previously i was playing a mesmer in sPvP, then a thief for a short while. then i reverted back to playing warrior in sPvP. i did not use healing signet though. i used the errr mending which heals for a bit and removes some conditions.
after i learned that healing signet was balanced, i used healing signet for my warrior in sPvP again. i felt so much happier! died less, still die sometimes unlike last time, died a lot. my warrior is able to sustain much better now. he is not god like and will still die. just doing better than last time.

This is a case of an “inexperienced” player who, at first, is doing ok. Nothing special. But then, he builds a certain way or equips a certain skill, performs better, has more fun (plays more as a result) and ultimately attributes his success to an increase in skill because of increased time played. Anyone who says otherwise, according to this player, is having a L2P issue. After all, that’s what he thinks he overcame himself. Either that or he has the insight to see from where his increased ability to perform is derived (Healing Signet) and fears for it being taken away.

If you have not seen it yet, I am essentially reiterating this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6fVHZFjnmA#t=3m02s

Healing Signet, passive immunity builds are the quintessential definition of “FOO” strategies. They need to remain good, but become sub-optimal when players become skilled. When we see every warrior running around with these skills with little consequence at higher levels of play, it is apparent something is wrong. If you cannont recognize that, I’m afraid you are delusional.

From what I understand, top warriors desperately want the opportunity for skilled play. They constantly refer back to the good ol’ days of frenzy greatsword builds (ie. high risk, high reward play). The fact of the matter is, it is not rewarding to play as nor fun to play against an unstoppable force who kills you if it hits you once. Do not even begin to say that warriors become useless and easy kills after their immunities expire. Even at their point of “every skill on cooldown”, they are more mobile, deal more damage, and are more tanky than many classes when in the same situation.

Fixing this is not as simple as “nerf ____ by 20%” or “bring everything else warriors have up to snuff”. Warriors need to be given strong, active use skills that excel when used by a skillful player. It is a tough job and I do not envy those who have to do it, especially after seeing how worked up some people can become about topics like these.

in PvP

Posted by: glaphen.5230

glaphen.5230

all heals got buffed, but in my opinion anet has exaggerated with the signet passive heal

before the healbuffs you were able to chose between the 3 healskills, they had all their pros and cons, no of them 3 was better than the other….surge: adrenaline gain on heal….signet: passive heal wich you dont need to activate….mending: removed also 2 condis on heal…..the surge was just used becouse of the adrenaline gain on heal, not becouse it was op….and this is true, healing signet is just used now, couse the passive effect is such high, not becouse the other healskills would be to bad

maybe you all should try to play without healskill, maybe than you would recognize, that the healskills beside signet are fine….

Actually all Warrior heal skills have always been some of the worst in the game. Healing Signet before the buff was the absolute worst heal in the game with nothing even close to as bad. Warrior lacks the survivability skills other classes are stuffed with and needs better heals to survive, but unfortunately the only decent heal right now is Healing Signet. If they want to nerf Healing Signet then they need to buff the other two worthless ones so Warrior isn’t back to being everyone’s rally bot. Either that or they need to change other mechanics that aren’t just a 8 seconds of condition immunity and then back to the ground you go. For comparison Withdraw from Thieves heals 289 per second and gives a 3/4 second evade while also removing all slows and immobilizes and only has a 15 second cooldown that can abuse runes. Then you had the Healing Signet healing 200 per second and barely scaled with healing power meaning if you had 1500 healing power you still had way less than the Thief heal.

in PvP

glaphen.5230

Just going to go ahead and re-post this here…

The way warriors are designed in this game and many others, is to be a good introductory class. This says nothing about skill ceiling, only skill floor. In their current state, warriors are actually serving this purpose well. New players can enter into the game, equip themselves with strong yet easy-to-use skills like Healing Signet, Berserker’s Stance, Endure Pain etc. and perform well. This creates a problem, however, when such low-skill, high power abilities do not lose effectiveness as the player progresses into areas of the game that require more skill.

Here is a perfect example:

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

but i enjoy playing a warrior, in sPvP (hotjoin 8 vs 8 whee) / PvE / WvW
previously i was playing a mesmer in sPvP, then a thief for a short while. then i reverted back to playing warrior in sPvP. i did not use healing signet though. i used the errr mending which heals for a bit and removes some conditions.
after i learned that healing signet was balanced, i used healing signet for my warrior in sPvP again. i felt so much happier! died less, still die sometimes unlike last time, died a lot. my warrior is able to sustain much better now. he is not god like and will still die. just doing better than last time.

This is a case of an “inexperienced” player who, at first, is doing ok. Nothing special. But then, he builds a certain way or equips a certain skill, performs better, has more fun (plays more as a result) and ultimately attributes his success to an increase in skill because of increased time played. Anyone who says otherwise, according to this player, is having a L2P issue. After all, that’s what he thinks he overcame himself. Either that or he has the insight to see from where his increased ability to perform is derived (Healing Signet) and fears for it being taken away.

If you have not seen it yet, I am essentially reiterating this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6fVHZFjnmA#t=3m02s

Healing Signet, passive immunity builds are the quintessential definition of “FOO” strategies. They need to remain good, but become sub-optimal when players become skilled. When we see every warrior running around with these skills with little consequence at higher levels of play, it is apparent something is wrong. If you cannont recognize that, I’m afraid you are delusional.

From what I understand, top warriors desperately want the opportunity for skilled play. They constantly refer back to the good ol’ days of frenzy greatsword builds (ie. high risk, high reward play). The fact of the matter is, it is not rewarding to play as nor fun to play against an unstoppable force who kills you if it hits you once. Do not even begin to say that warriors become useless and easy kills after their immunities expire. Even at their point of “every skill on cooldown”, they are more mobile, deal more damage, and are more tanky than many classes when in the same situation.

Fixing this is not as simple as “nerf ____ by 20%” or “bring everything else warriors have up to snuff”. Warriors need to be given strong, active use skills that excel when used by a skillful player. It is a tough job and I do not envy those who have to do it, especially after seeing how worked up some people can become about topics like these.

That mobility only exists on a Greatsword and sword and “more armor” is only around 10% less damage on no toughness builds between lights and heavies. Please again tell me what the Warrior has after the initial 8 seconds of condition immunity besides Healing Signet right now. If the Warrior is focused he has no way to stop his death as it was in the past and he will drop fast. Then hes downed and stuck with a useless 1 target slow casting knockdown and a recently nerfed Vengeance that has only 1 second of invulnerability, half hp and 0 adrenaline. Why do you think Warrior was never used in the past in top teams? Warriors damage relies on the enemy skill or allies landing stuns and they have 0 sustain so they should be the first to die in any team fight giving a free rally if anyone did get downed. You cant possibly bring Warrior bunkers into this since they are the worst bunker class having little sustain, no damage and bad team support besides Battle Standard.

in PvP

Posted by: Oblivion.8307

Oblivion.8307

abusing line of sight, cleansing ire and counter pressure are all great additions to stances, plus lyssa runes too.

Symbolic

in PvP

glaphen.5230

abusing line of sight, cleansing ire and counter pressure are all great additions to stances, plus lyssa runes too.

Line of sight is situational, Cleansing Ire wont work with anything besides longbow and Lyssa runes are a whole different balance problem.

in PvP

Posted by: Excalibur.9748

Excalibur.9748

to me, a healing skill is only overpowered if it allowed a casual, average player to become godlike, cannot be defeated etc.

I don’t know man…it’s OP even if it allows a good player to become godlike.

Ofcourse it’s important to make it so casual players don’t get destroyed but warrior is already the lowest skill floor class. Try some other ones and see if they’re easier than warrior?

All is vain.

in PvP

Posted by: Oblivion.8307

Oblivion.8307

Line of sight is situational, Cleansing Ire wont work with anything besides longbow and Lyssa runes are a whole different balance problem.

what weaponset do you have in mind when referring to warrior balance? in most used warriors builds the weaponsets usually have blocks, cc or mobility. You can kite with the mobility, counter pressure with cc or straight up just block I guess.

Symbolic

in PvP

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

Are you serious?

yes, i am serious.

there u go

a monkey could survive with that.
if something like this is possible in a game it sure is overpowered!

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in PvP

glaphen.5230

what weaponset do you have in mind when referring to warrior balance? in most used warriors builds the weaponsets usually have blocks, cc or mobility. You can kite with the mobility, counter pressure with cc or straight up just block I guess.

Greatsword and sword since the rest all rely on one ability hitting and if it doesn’t you’re screwed for the next 7-30 seconds. No good player gets hit by Earthshaker or Eviscerate. Really though are you actually suggesting Warriors kite though? The counter to every Warrior build besides Rifle is kiting them so how is kiting gonna help you unless the enemy is another Warrior or some perma chilled Thief trying to Heartseeker spam you.

in PvP

glaphen.5230

Are you serious?

yes, i am serious.

there u go

a monkey could survive with that.
if something like this is possible in a game it sure is overpowered!

WvW is unbalanced whats the point of posting this in the Spvp forum? Plus the Mesmer is attacking with greatsword at melee range and most people in WvW use tanky builds. Also if he summoned 3 Berserker phantasms he could have killed him too. Notice how he was dying to 2 of them and the Ranger is using axe a weapon that only does good damage against 2 enemies. Plus the ranger is using the longbow at melee range too

(edited by glaphen.5230)