Diamond Skin and Bersercer's Stance Changes

in PvP

Posted by: Sensotix.4106

Sensotix.4106

With the upcoming ele buffs and nerfs of other classes diamond skin could actually play a big role in pvp vs condi classes like ranger or necro (especially necro)…

since a 100% condition immunity to a specific sort of damage is a very bad mechanic without counterplay for some classes it should not be in the game

having automated response changed that conditions can be applied but only last 50% as long is a very good idea and is really good for the game

Now let’s check some other traits or skills in the game which have that

Bersercer’s stance: imo it should be changed the same way decrease the cooldown but make it so conditions can be applied with only 50% the duration
Diamond Skin: same thing basically as ar: change it so that it lasts till 75% or 80% of the ele’s hp but only reduce the condi duration by 50%

With these changes and the rest of the upcoming changes i am quite optimistic when it comes to the next months of gw2

in PvP

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

I agree with that, although I can’t see diamond skin getting play over stone heart.

Stone heart will not only be a great anti-burst tool, but it’ll also screw with boon and condition procs, and is found in the traitline where rock solid lies in (to use with ether renewal). It’s too good of a combo for diamond skin to compete with.

in PvP

Sensotix.4106

I agree with that, although I can’t see diamond skin getting play over stone heart.

Stone heart will not only be a great anti-burst tool, but it’ll also screw with boon and condition procs, and is found in the traitline where rock solid lies in (to use with ether renewal). It’s too good of a combo for diamond skin to compete with.

i agree that the choice will probably be made concerning the enemy lineup but there is no counterplay to diamond skin (for some builds/classes) so i would love to see it changed
also i am afraid we might see a bunker ele back in the game :/

in PvP

Posted by: Ugruk.4069

Ugruk.4069

i agree that the choice will probably be made concerning the enemy lineup but there is no counterplay to diamond skin (for some builds/classes) so i would love to see it changed
also i am afraid we might see a bunker ele back in the game :/

And eles having more specs is bad because?

I doubt the trait is going to see some play given it is competing with stone heart (wich actually helps against classes that kick eles kitten.

But I agree 100% immunities isn’t very spvp (conquest) friendly

in PvP

DiogoSilva.7089

A bunker ele will almost surely exist. Stone heart or the reverted cleansing water will make sure of it. :P

Keeping with diamond skin’s “impregnable” flavor, I propose a new mechanic: for it to have charges under individual cooldowns each (similar to how some skills, like thief’s venoms and mesmer’s mantras, already work). For example, the next three conditions are not applied, but each time that happens, the elementalist would get a boon (say, protection), and lose a charge for a 10-15-? seconds cooldown.

In fact, a charge mechanic could be a great tool for anet to balance some traits when a cooldown or other means are not enough. This would allow traits to trigger X times every Y seconds, instead of only 1 time every Y seconds or the whole time for Y seconds. Gives anet some balancing middle-ground when both extremes are not viable.

(edited by DiogoSilva.7089)

in PvP

Posted by: Lord Hammer Hand.4815

Lord Hammer Hand.4815

ele on the next patch will be immune to crit and condi lol #elepocalypse

Pacific Islander Legion [NoyP]
Black Gate
Ruthless Legend

in PvP

Posted by: MarkPhilips.5169

MarkPhilips.5169

I agree for Diamond Skin, it’s a bad designed trait (like AR) and deserves a similar change.

For Berserker Stance in general i agree, long immunity are bad but i want to see before the new warrior with the new patch. He will receive some buff from 4 sigils and 5s weapon swap but a lot of nerfs too, healing signet, LongBow (AA and pin down animation + cd), impale, hammer trait and of course, lyssa changes.

I want to evaluate the new meta in general with new GW traits too, before to see other stuff.

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

With the upcoming ele buffs and nerfs of other classes diamond skin could actually play a big role in pvp vs condi classes like ranger or necro (especially necro)…

since a 100% condition immunity to a specific sort of damage is a very bad mechanic without counterplay for some classes it should not be in the game

having automated response changed that conditions can be applied but only last 50% as long is a very good idea and is really good for the game

Bersercer’s stance: imo it should be changed the same way decrease the cooldown but make it so conditions can be applied with only 50% the duration
Diamond Skin: same thing basically as ar: change it so that it lasts till 75% or 80% of the ele’s hp but only reduce the condi duration by 50%

With these changes and the rest of the upcoming changes i am quite optimistic when it comes to the next months of gw2

Yeh they should mimic the ar changes for diamond skin and zerker stance. I can’t see it happening though. Or if it does it will be 6 months away by which time the game will be dead.

As for diamond skin vs stone heart. The ele can simply change based on who they face.

Vs a ranger and necro = diamond skin
Vs a thief and 2 warriors = stone heart

I would love anet to play an engi, ranger or necro vs a diamond skin ele and see how much fun they have.

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

(edited by Lordrosicky.5813)

in PvP

Sensotix.4106

Yeh they should mimic the ar changes for diamond skin and zerker stance. I can’t see it happening though. Or if it does it will be 6 months away by which time the game will be dead.

As for diamond skin vs stone heart. The ele can simply change based on who they face.

Vs a ranger and necro = diamond skin
Vs a thief and 2 warriors = stone heart

these are exactly my fears :/

in PvP

Posted by: Quincy.2198

Quincy.2198

Ele isn’t that fun when you are playing with these. It’s like Warrior then. True ele’s wont be playing this. Atleast I think I wont.

Ninov Is Strng
Ninov Ftw

in PvP

Posted by: Wiseman.4075

Wiseman.4075

Haha I’m not sure you can really complain about Ele diamond skin though. You do realize it is no longer in effect below 90% health…which means you only have to hit an ele for 1000hp and then you can condi spam them just like everyone else does during this condition meta…

in PvP

Posted by: sorrow.2364

sorrow.2364

Well, not that Diamond Skin has ever been useful to begin with…

But yes, I’d like to have it completely reworked instead of changed a little bit.

(edited by sorrow.2364)

in PvP

Posted by: DanzelOPP.5068

DanzelOPP.5068

IMO they need to bring ele back to where they were before. The changes to ride the lighting and stun breaks hurt them badly. If ele was at the level it was a year ago no one would think they were op because every other class has gotten a lot of love in that time. I really don’t think the old ele could be considered OP in this meta and don’t see these changes to traits really giving them any upper hand.

B O I N K

(edited by DanzelOPP.5068)

in PvP

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

Berserker stance is on a 60 sec cd with a 8 sec uptime.Reducing it to only 50% condi duration would make this skill completely useless,espec if meeting a class that’s using +condi duration.Berserk stance is Needed for many warr builds in this over the top condi spamming game,start realizing this.

in PvP

Sensotix.4106

Berserker stance is on a 60 sec cd with a 8 sec uptime.Reducing it to only 50% condi duration would make this skill completely useless,espec if meeting a class that’s using +condi duration.Berserk stance is Needed for many warr builds in this over the top condi spamming game,start realizing this.

why cant people on the forums read properly “…be changed the same way decrease the cooldown” i am not saying that it should only be nerfed because then it would be almost completely useless

in PvP

Posted by: Empathetic Fighter.2065

Empathetic Fighter.2065

Just make berserker-stance reducing 100% condition-duration regarding the opponents “condition duration stat”. If he has more than 100% through traits or runes/sigils, than he applies his condition duration minus these 100% of the stance.

With this way, classes that actually run condition specs are applying at least some sort of damage, while builds that rely more on direct damage can’t apply conditions (or not as effective)

Read It Backwards [BooN]

in PvP

Sensotix.4106

Just make berserker-stance reducing 100% condition-duration regarding the opponents “condition duration stat”. If he has more than 100% through traits or runes/sigils, than he applies his condition duration minus these 100% of the stance.

With this way, classes that actually run condition specs are applying at least some sort of damage, while builds that rely more on direct damage can’t apply conditions (or not as effective)

^this

in PvP

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

side note:
Just for the guys saying the +/- evens out, the +/- condi duration is bugged or the formula is written a way so:

1) it first calculates outgoing condi duration
2) then aplies the -% of whole duration on user

Result is
a) 100+40% and -100% condi stance = 0 conditions not 40%
b) or 100+40% and -40% like wvw food = 84% conditions not 100%

I have no idea how they could implement that into the mechanics, but the bigger the -duration, the stronger it is. At -100% it doesnt matter, you could have +100000% duration and it would be completely negated.

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

in PvP

Posted by: manveruppd.7601

manveruppd.7601

I have no idea how they could implement that into the mechanics, but the bigger the -duration, the stronger it is. At -100% it doesnt matter, you could have +100000% duration and it would be completely negated.

Above is tested and true: I already have 140% condition duration in my spvp build, and nothing gets applied on a zerker stance warrior. I’m not sure if it was intended, bnut the -100% duration definitely gets applied at the end, so whatever +duration you have is irrelevant.

A bad necromancer always blames the corpse.

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

Or they could just give zerker stance a 6s duration. Even at 4s it might of been viable but anet didn’t give people a chance to run it before they buffed it to the sky.

in PvP

Empathetic Fighter.2065

side note:
Just for the guys saying the +/- evens out, the +/- condi duration is bugged or the formula is written a way so:

1) it first calculates outgoing condi duration
2) then aplies the -% of whole duration on user

Result is
a) 100+40% and -100% condi stance = 0 conditions not 40%
b) or 100+40% and -40% like wvw food = 84% conditions not 100%

Well, it is really nothing new. That’s why I suggested a better version of it. Atm it says 100% but means “immunity to conditions”.

Read It Backwards [BooN]

in PvP

Empathetic Fighter.2065

Or they could just give zerker stance a 6s duration. Even at 4s it might of been viable but anet didn’t give people a chance to run it before they buffed it to the sky.

Well, immunity mechanics are in general bad.
But hey, A-Net tested it on their servers, so it must be good^^

Read It Backwards [BooN]

in PvP

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

no counter play? how about you deal 2k damage?
thats what? a few auto attacks? or 1-2 hits from your flesh golem?

somehow can’t manage to deal 2k damage? (in some crazy alternate universe)
just slot lightning sigil, 3 second cooldown, around 1500 damage.

honestly 10% of an eles health is nothing.
i don’t like the trait because i feel it is too weak
the moment someone looks at an ele that ele loses 10% of their hp.

in PvP

Posted by: Seifer Thalaen.7869

Seifer Thalaen.7869

As it already should have been (And as it was on description btw) too bad instead of making the skill working as intended they just made it 100% immune to incoming condis and changed description lol….wars started rampaging everywhere and well….here we are, it would be already really strong with 100% – added duration, as it is right now it’s just nonsense (I, sadly, must play war too and vs a condition class you pop zerk stance going pretty much godmode for 10 secs…usually enough to bring him down or at very low hp…coupling dat with op cleansing ire…lol)

in PvP

Sensotix.4106

try that as a necro (and please dont come with “slot a lightning sigil on one of the weapons”)

in PvP

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

IMO they need to bring ele back to where they were before. The changes to ride the lighting and stun breaks hurt them badly. If ele was at the level it was a year ago no one would think they were op because every other class has gotten a lot of love in that time. I really don’t think the old ele could be considered OP in this meta and don’t see these changes to traits really giving them any upper hand.

Eh… lets jsut start with unnerfing RTL…. And go from there.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in PvP

jportell.2197

try that as a necro (and please dont come with “slot a lightning sigil on one of the weapons”)

Or or or… How bout dem power necs?

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in PvP

Sensotix.4106

no unnerfing rtl will make ele as op as they was back in the days with the upcoming changes :/

in PvP

Ugruk.4069

no unnerfing rtl will make ele as op as they was back in the days with the upcoming changes :/

So true, RTL just 1 shots people so it’s just too OP to even be in the game :/

in PvP

Seifer Thalaen.7869

rtl nerf was deserved…otherwise eles would reset fight everytime they want, there are other things to look at in order to improve eles…but reverting rtl is not one of those

in PvP

Posted by: skoa.7964

skoa.7964

But then introducing 100-0 counters like diamond skin or zerker stance which must be frustrating for rangers. Engis too. Ask any engi, necro or ranger whether facing diamond skin would just make them quit the game and most would say it would. It is sooo lame to fight against. Skill should decide combat not 100% immunity.
I hope engi, ranger and necro community can lobby for changes against these immunities.

This!!!

in PvP

Posted by: Simon.3794

Simon.3794

problem with diamond skin is not that its difficult to get an ele down 90%, the problem is an ele can heal back

in PvP

Posted by: Ostricheggs.3742

Ostricheggs.3742

Zerkers stance is hardly worthless with a 50% condi duration reduction given the fact that it also gives 4 to 5 bars of adrenaline which translates into more condi clear via cleansing ire. This has been an issue forever but seemingly ignored by a-net. I hope that the nerfs to warriors are sufficient next patch. I’d really hate to support a nerf to zerkers stance only to find out warriors suck, but right now you have to intrinsically outplay a warrior when fighting them while they require very little effort to be extremely effective.

On topic though, I agree 100% with the general immunity stuff. Active forms of condi clear are far better for the game than raw immunity at certain HP or “hit one button and be immune to condis loool”. Hard counters are very bad for this game. There is nothing worse than being a player and realizing that you cannot do anything to another player simply because his spec is a hard counter. They’ve leaned in this direction for quite some time and it’s a kitten shame to see.

twitch.tv/ostricheggs MOTM/TOL 2/TOG NA/WTS Beijing winner. Message me for PvP Coaching
@$20 an hour! It’s worth it!

(edited by Ostricheggs.3742)

in PvP

Posted by: Smirgel.9460

Smirgel.9460

How about changing Diamond Skin to:
Remove all conditions on you when attuning to earth. And if that is too weak, make it also reduce cond duration by, lets say, 33%.

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

How about changing Diamond Skin to:
Remove all conditions on you when attuning to earth. And if that is too weak, make it also reduce cond duration by, lets say, 33%.

That is the most overpowered trait of all time. Remove 3 conditions when attuning to earth would be sufficient. Balanced trait which takes skill. And can be played around by condi bursting after the ele goes into earth. Meanwhile it is an exceptionally strong trait. Having a new skill which says “remove 3 condis every 10-14 seconds” is very very strong. For the life of me I have no idea why this wasn’t the design in the first place

in PvP

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

Zerkers stance is hardly worthless with a 50% condi duration reduction given the fact that it also gives 4 to 5 bars of adrenaline which translates into more condi clear via cleansing ire. This has been an issue forever but seemingly ignored by a-net. I hope that the nerfs to warriors are sufficient next patch. I’d really hate to support a nerf to zerkers stance only to find out warriors suck, but right now you have to intrinsically outplay a warrior when fighting them while they require very little effort to be extremely effective.

On topic though, I agree 100% with the general immunity stuff. Active forms of condi clear are far better for the game than raw immunity at certain HP or “hit one button and be immune to condis loool”. Hard counters are very bad for this game. There is nothing worse than being a player and realizing that you cannot do anything to another player simply because his spec is a hard counter. They’ve leaned in this direction for quite some time and it’s a kitten shame to see.

Eggs knows what’s up.

Hard counters make for boring/less skillful gameplay.

Reduction is far better than str8 up immunity. It has far more play/counter play and doesn’t leave the player feeling totally helpless or “lolol u can’t do anything, faceroll time”.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

(edited by Aberrant.6749)

in PvP

Ugruk.4069

rtl nerf was deserved…otherwise eles would reset fight everytime they want, there are other things to look at in order to improve eles…but reverting rtl is not one of those

RTL was nerfed because bads in wvw couldnt kill a bunker ele + he could run away so they whinned until it got nerfed to this kittened state while even at 2 feet distance you still get the full cooldown like you havent hit anything.

Thief can reset it all day, mesmers can reset it all day etc etc…

in PvP

Posted by: roamzero.9486

roamzero.9486

The issue about the Automated Response change is that it isn’t thought out very well. Outside of sPvP you will be able to combo food and runes to have a buffed version of the old Automated Response. A similar change to Diamond Skin would have the same effect.

A better change would be to have a bubble encase the char when hit in the right health threshold that blocks a number of incoming conditions before it pops, with a reasonable cooldown.

in PvP

jportell.2197

You mean like…. warriors? Or thieves? Haha… yeah thats a good one….

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in PvP

Sensotix.4106

problem with diamond skin is not that its difficult to get an ele down 90%, the problem is an ele can heal back

^ this!

in PvP

Seifer Thalaen.7869

noone ever said wars and spam thieves are ok xD

in PvP

jportell.2197

Yeah but let’s face it out of all the classes that could reset fights… eles are the only ones who got their ability to reset fights nerfed…

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in PvP

Sensotix.4106

Yeah but let’s face it out of all the classes that could reset fights… eles are the only ones who got their ability to reset fights nerfed…

have you played at the time when ele was op?

in PvP

DiogoSilva.7089

have you played at the time when ele was op?

We did, but I think your question is equally fair if towards to warriors, thieves and our time.

The problem with RTL now is not only a balance problem: the new functionality is clumsy, which makes one of our most interesting skills a bit unfun. I wouldn’t ask for a revert, but I think the skill should be at a middle ground between what is now and what was before. 25 cooldown and 1200 range could be that middle ground spot (it was previously at 15-1500, it is currently at a clumsy 20 or 40 cooldown).

If eles were to get too strong again, it wouldn’t be that much of an issue to balance them back. It would present the best opportunity for anet to shave their two overpowered defensive traits (giving to renewing stamina the same treatment other vigor traits got, and nerfing the huge protection duration from elemental attunement). This would, effectively, transfer ele’s survivability from their arcana hole into (one of) their weapons, being a first step towards to more build flexibility within the class, which is currently another problem with eles.

(edited by DiogoSilva.7089)

in PvP

Posted by: CntrlAltDefeat.1465

CntrlAltDefeat.1465

This is a pointless comparison.

Berserker can’t be kept currently in perpetuity like diamond skin and automatic response. Currently as long as your either over 90% health or below 25% these immunities will remain. With the players health constantly either raising above, or marginally dropping below you’re going to get use out of them. Berserker stance is a one off stance with a set duration on a set cool down. To make it better, it is currently bugged. Any positive condition duration should affect Berserker stance, but it’s current bug does not allow them.

This makes comparing and giving suggestions about these skills completely irrelevant. They have the same effects, but are induced by completely different methods.

in PvP

Posted by: Avead.5760

Avead.5760

Take diamond skin and repalce it with kittens .Whatever you want..id do anything to not face another pistolwhip for the rest of my life. I trade diamond skin and whole water attunement with the complete removal of thiefs sword mainhand… is it a deal???

in PvP

Posted by: Phoenixlin.8624

Phoenixlin.8624

Dat “I spam my every condition skill non-stop until they waste all of their condition removal skills; but I can’t kill elementalists because their only one/almost useless trait is too OP for me” topic again.

in PvP

Sensotix.4106

Dat “I spam my every condition skill non-stop until they waste all of their condition removal skills; but I can’t kill elementalists because their only one/almost useless trait is too OP for me” topic again.

you seem to know a lot about pvp balance.

in PvP

Posted by: Phaeton.9582

Phaeton.9582

Sounds accurate to me.

The new earth GM is going to be so much stronger anyway XD

oh and cleansing water. Now THAT you can qq about rofl

Phaatonn, London UK

in PvP

Empathetic Fighter.2065

/bump

Read It Backwards [BooN]