Disappointing

Disappointing

in PvP

Posted by: smithm.1327

smithm.1327

i’ve found myself dissapointed with Heart of the mists pvp, and pvp in this game in general..
people cry " oh you’re just mad because this game actually takes skill", no.. i believe this game does not take much skill at all, to the people who just like moderate pvp i guess they would see HOTM fun, but to me , someone who plays literally to just PVP i found myself dissapointed. I have 5 abilities with 1 setof weapons, and 5 more with the other.. a total of 10,+ 4 more abilities that cannot be changed in combat. so 14 abilities, in which 5 of them sometimes you dont ven use, or wont come in handy.. and theres no 1v1, 2v2, 3v3, tournys are zerg fests. literally, i ran tourny like 20 times and went undefeated with a team of 4 warriors and a guardian zerging everything 1 after another. no skill. abilities do too much damage. 10k hundred blades , 5k pistol whips… idk ive found myself dissatisfied. I dont eeven get that good of a feeling when i wreck someones face.. no incentive to pvp (some of us like pvping to get the betterstuff instead of average joe with the same stats as me facerolling to victory).. this is just my opinion tho.

Disappointing

in PvP

Posted by: Shukran.4851

Shukran.4851

i would like everyone, when they whine thread about spvp,to write if they mean about 8v8 or 5v5. because your statement in 5v5 is false.

Disappointing

in PvP

Posted by: Derps.7421

Derps.7421

Well then don’t play the game? Why did you have to come on the forums and tell everyone?

Dr. Professor Evil – Engi
Stunned Girls Can’t Say No <Hawt>

Disappointing

in PvP

Posted by: DangerMonkey.3158

DangerMonkey.3158

tournament spvp = awesome, skillful play

Fear me! For I am the dangerous primate!
Rank 1X SneekyTheef (T), Wizzizard (M), Gerdierhn (G)
Builds:http://www.gw2builds.org/user/dangermonkey

Disappointing

in PvP

Posted by: Braxxus.2904

Braxxus.2904

Tournament pvp is the only pvp that matters.

Sorry that you played SPvP and realized it’s follow the zerg.

Blackwater Vanguard
Yaks Bend

Disappointing

in PvP

Posted by: Nemui.6753

Nemui.6753

I dont even get that good of a feeling when i wreck someone’s face.. no incentive to pvp (some of us like pvping to get the better stuff instead of average joe with the same stats as me facerolling to victory)

i’m afraid this is not the game for you, then.

Disappointing

in PvP

Posted by: ErkiB.8375

ErkiB.8375

Stop whining, please, why cant we speak about how great the game is, which it actually is.

Also, The PVP is fine.

If you want somthing different, wait until Arenanet releases the Kurzick vs Luxon again.

Disappointing

in PvP

Posted by: Cybrax.1397

Cybrax.1397

we can whine cause sPVP is terrible and bad.

Disappointing

in PvP

Posted by: Rock.7324

Rock.7324

You do realize that WE, the players, are the ones that make it “terrible and bad”?

It is not bad by design, but by how the random players play (mostly no strategy and zerging everything).

If you want something different, go play tournament, don’t blame ANet for the lack of “proper” players.

* ’Ko leži ne beži! *
Rockbaby – Asura Guardian, Desolation EU :)
Rockavenger – Dwarf Paladin, Bronzebeard EU :D

Disappointing

in PvP

Posted by: Cybrax.1397

Cybrax.1397

You do realize that WE, the players, are the ones that make it “terrible and bad”?

It is not bad by design, but by how the random players play (mostly no strategy and zerging everything).

If you want something different, go play tournament, don’t blame ANet for the lack of “proper” players.

yeah so half my team can go afk once we start to lose and be locked in the game for 10 minutes, great idea!

Disappointing

in PvP

Posted by: aleiro.8521

aleiro.8521

Yea just get out of gw2 go faceroll someone in another game, in this game pvp is about skill

Disappointing

in PvP

Posted by: Infuser.9685

Infuser.9685

Yea just get out of gw2 go faceroll someone in another game, in this game pvp is about skill

If i hear this one more time think ill shot myself in the face.

PPL cant wait to tell someone “its about skill, go to wow, l2p” etc and think that will make them look like they are pro. In fact if u think this is “all about skill” then u didnt play many games and have no clue what ur talking about.

The fact everyone has same gear dosn’t mean the pvp in game is awsome, balanced and all about player skill.

U L L
80 lvl Norn Ranger
Seafarer’s Rest

Disappointing

in PvP

Posted by: Raging Bull.5048

Raging Bull.5048

Agreed with the OP.

On the side note, there are actually people advising “well this game isn’t for you” and “go back to wow”!? Really?

There should be some sort of condition to be able to take part on the forums, like, being 15+ at least?

Disappointing

in PvP

Infuser.9685

On the side note, there are actually people advising “well this game isn’t for you” and “go back to wow”!? Really?

There should be some sort of condition to be able to take part on the forums, like, being 15+ at least?

This.

p.s. dont forget “l2p, noob” mate ^^

U L L
80 lvl Norn Ranger
Seafarer’s Rest

Disappointing

in PvP

Posted by: Yssta.8345

Yssta.8345

What this thread amounts to is:

“I chose to ignore all advertising and opportunities to educate myself about the game and instead chose to naively hope that the game would come out exactly as I wished. When it didn’t, I was incredibly disappointed and voiced my displeasure on the forums.”

Waitaminute.

Disappointing

in PvP

Posted by: aleiro.8521

aleiro.8521

What this thread amounts to is:

“I chose to ignore all advertising and opportunities to educate myself about the game and instead chose to naively hope that the game would come out exactly as I wished. When it didn’t, I was incredibly disappointed and voiced my displeasure on the forums.”

Waitaminute.

This…..
for the last time, adapt or change games…

Disappointing

in PvP

Rock.7324

yeah so half my team can go afk once we start to lose and be locked in the game for 10 minutes, great idea!

What? …What did you try to say here?

EDIT;

Agreed with the OP.

Um… You do understand that’s logic right? (and someone doesn’t have to be 15+ to come up with this, which makes me think…how old are you to not find this logical and more to the point, it shows that the age (obviously in your case) doesn’t really matter)
As in, you don’t like it, you can leave?

What’s wrong with saying that exactly?

* ’Ko leži ne beži! *

(edited by Rock.7324)

Disappointing

in PvP

Posted by: snadge.2483

snadge.2483

Why is your team made up of people that do that, why would you play with mates in a tournament team that do that?

Disappointing

in PvP

Posted by: Bloodyx.5946

Bloodyx.5946

well this thread went south pretty quickly. dont worry, someone will make guildcraft 3 and argue that some arrangement of professions in pvp take zero skill.

Disappointing

in PvP

Posted by: Iqor.2803

Iqor.2803

Disagreeing tourneys being zergfests.

Disappointing

in PvP

Infuser.9685

What is wrong is attitude. “you don’t like it, you can leave” is usually followed up by or in context of l2p, noob, go play wow this is game for skilled player etc.

Whatever topic u read 90% of it are (i hope) kids spaming things like that.

Cause of that many constructive posts that could get to devs and maybe improve the game get lost in sea of “l2p,noob” posts made by kids and internet tough guys.

U L L
80 lvl Norn Ranger
Seafarer’s Rest

Disappointing

in PvP

Rock.7324

What is wrong is attitude. “you don’t like it, you can leave” is usually followed up by or in context of l2p, noob, go play wow this is game for skilled player etc.

Cause of that many constructive posts that could get to devs and maybe improve the game get lost in sea of “l2p,noob” posts made by kids and internet tough guys.

That I agree with. As a regular (for about 3 years) on the WoW forums, I’ve seen it all. Especially the BG and PvP forums where I spent most of my time.

I’m not going to go in why the people choose to say that and what they mean by it, but it is a logical (not to say normal) response to the “whining”. Most of the people here don’t come here with ideas or suggestions for the betterment of the game, but rather to whine about something or other. I don’t think anyone would come and say “go away” if the OP had a good idea behind his rant. Like this, it only makes people angry.

* ’Ko leži ne beži! *

Disappointing

in PvP

Infuser.9685

I don’t think anyone would come and say “go away” if the OP had a good idea behind his rant. Like this, it only makes people angry.

You would be suprised. I saw many threads so far where ppl proly don’t read pass first sentence and completly missed the point of OP rewarding him with the usual kewl names and nicks ^^

U L L
80 lvl Norn Ranger
Seafarer’s Rest

Disappointing

in PvP

Posted by: Shukran.4851

Shukran.4851

i saw many thread where OP have to learn to play the game instead of whining and him with someone else don’t listen to the wise.