Do Arenanet read these?

Do Arenanet read these?

in PvP

Posted by: Ancher.5436

Ancher.5436

Its very rare to see so many complaints on forum category like this one have. I think this is a highly critical situation, because when something receive so many complaints there must be something wrong.

So what are they working on? What can we expect soon, and what might take a year or two before we get to see it? There’s really two major issues.

-Class Balance.
-New game modes (Like CTF or Deathmatch)

So will we see any of these two 2013? Im really tired of always fighting the strongest class´s for SPvP and therefor the most played. In one of the pre-release videos, we were told the game is more about player skill than actualy pressing the right buttons and having the right build. I dont believe it is, in its current state.

And I personly would love a game mode with progress. (Not CTF or DM) Like one of the team has to defend a keep the other one has to capture it. Once its captured the teams swap position and whoever captured it fastest won. Or maybe a complete “MOBA” setup. Start with a small amount of gold to buy a starter item and then go farm easy Skritt minions and kill enemy players to get more gold and buy stronger items only for that match. Destroy the enemy towers, get to their “crystal of power” destroy it and win.

Do Arenanet read these?

in PvP

Posted by: Kousetsu.1627

Kousetsu.1627

Imho for an MMO this is one of the most balanced games i played and i think anet nailed it spot on.

Sure some classes might have a little extra here and there, but how fun would this game be if you could just walk from point to point without a care in the world, knowing that there perhaps might be a fight, but youre not in real danger anyway.

Do Arenanet read these?

in PvP

Posted by: MindlessRuff.1948

MindlessRuff.1948

Its very rare to see so many complaints on forum category like this one have. I think this is a highly critical situation, because when something receive so many complaints there must be something wrong.

So what are they working on? What can we expect soon, and what might take a year or two before we get to see it? There’s really two major issues.

-Class Balance.

So will we see any of these two 2013? Im really tired of always fighting the strongest class´s for SPvP and therefor the most played. In one of the pre-release videos, we were told the game is more about player skill than actualy pressing the right buttons and having the right build. I dont believe it is, in its current state.

And I personly would love a game mode with progress. (Not CTF or DM) Like one of the team has to defend a keep the other one has to capture it. Once its captured the teams swap position and whoever captured it fastest won. Or maybe a complete “MOBA” setup. Start with a small amount of gold to buy a starter item and then go farm easy Skritt minions and kill enemy players to get more gold and buy stronger items only for that match. Destroy the enemy towers, get to their “crystal of power” destroy it and win.

Yes they read it, they just don’ t have time to spend responding to every single thread here, if you saw Jon Peters on that call with some other players earlier this month, he explained the process.

Do Arenanet read these?

in PvP

Ancher.5436

-Class Balance.

Yes they read it, they just don’ t have time to spend responding to every single thread here, if you saw Jon Peters on that call with some other players earlier this month, he explained the process.

I dont understand why they dont just post it? Make a resumé of it, link the video, or audio and post it with a name like “Upcoming changes for SPvP”?

Do Arenanet read these?

in PvP

Posted by: Harrier.9380

Harrier.9380

Or maybe a complete “MOBA” setup. Start with a small amount of gold to buy a starter item and then go farm easy Skritt minions and kill enemy players to get more gold and buy stronger items only for that match. Destroy the enemy towers, get to their “crystal of power” destroy it and win.

Oh god, please don’t suggest adding even more PvE into PvP. This game already has way too much AI in PLAYER VS PLAYER mode. (Bosses, Necro minions, Ranger pets & spirits, Engi turrets, Mesmer phantasms/clones, Thieves Guild, elementals, spectral weapons)

If anything we should be looking to reduce amount of PvE elements, not increase it.

“Men are more ready to repay an injury than a benefit,
because gratitude is a burden and revenge a pleasure.”

Do Arenanet read these?

in PvP

MindlessRuff.1948

-Class Balance.

I dont understand why they dont just post it? Make a resumé of it, link the video, or audio and post it with a name like “Upcoming changes for SPvP”?

Imagine the rage if they posted they were thinking about buffing engis with this one change, and then they couldn’ t add it to the next patch. Making promises will just make the community more disconnected.

Do Arenanet read these?

in PvP

Posted by: aydenunited.5729

aydenunited.5729

Actually, this is what forums look like these days for most MMO style games. It’s not unusual and it’s not usually an indicator of anything being terribly wrong, it is the culture of gaming forums now.

Jumzi (Ranger), Tarnished Coast

Do Arenanet read these?

in PvP

Ancher.5436

-Class Balance.

Imagine the rage if they posted they were thinking about buffing engis with this one change, and then they couldn’ t add it to the next patch. Making promises will just make the community more disconnected.

As it is now, it feels like they make a few class balances and maybe adding or changing a little on the current game mode. This make players feel like that Arenanet are happy with this one game mode, which a big part of the SPvP players dislike. And if you stay long enough, the game will slightly get better balanced every patch. Which means if you are pretty unhappy with the current state, you will either drop SPvP or completely drop the game if you wanted the game for its SPvP. Its feels a little like standby, its there but yet nothing big is happening. And with so many complains something big has to happend. Im not saying to get rid of this game mode, but maybe add another one?

(edited by Ancher.5436)

Do Arenanet read these?

in PvP

MindlessRuff.1948

-Class Balance.

As it is now, it feels like they make a few class balances and maybe adding or changing a little on the current game mode. This make players feel like that Arenanet are happy with this one game mode, which a big part of the SPvP players dislike. And if you stay long enough, the game will slightly get better balanced every patch. Which means if you are pretty unhappy with the current state, you will either drop SPvP or completely drop the game if you wanted the game for its SPvP. Its feels a little like standby, its there but yet nothing big is happening. And with so many complains something big has to happend. Im not saying to get rid of this game mode, but maybe add another one?

They have already stated their list of priorities for the upcoming patches next year, a few things include matchmaking, a ladder system, and custom arenas.