Do the Devs have fun on skyhammer?

in PvP

Posted by: Tao.5096

Tao.5096

Love it when I’m finishing someone in 1v1 and I’m 1 shot by kitten cannon.

Did I ever tell you, the definition, of Insanity?

in PvP

Posted by: Pixels.6532

Pixels.6532

Skyhammer is a fun map. It has unique mechanics that give it a completely different feel from your standard map.

If you run the correct build on a class that can run the correct build, skyhammer is a nice place to go for a different experience from the regular maps in rotation.

It can be tons of fun, so I’m guessing the devs have fun on it too.

That being said, Skyhammer (and stupid spirit watch) has no business being in solo queue rotation. It’s a fun map, but it should not be anything other than a custom arena or hot join option.

The mechanics that make it unique do not make it a skillful map. I could literally run a healing power, toughness and vitality build on my guard (if that was an amulet option) and be able to 1-shot players on this map, that’s the epitome of one class being able to do everything. And why the map is completely broken as a competitive tournament map.

I’ve said it before: Any map that gives a huge advantage to a set of skills which are not evenly distributed (not even close) across all class types is a troll map.

Does that mean it isn’t fun? No, on the right class you can kittenolol all day and have fun, but it doesn’t fit with the other maps in queue rotation.

tl,dr: Map is fun, but is trollish and should be relegated to hot join/custom arena status

Sanctum of Rall

in PvP

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

Skyhammer is a fun map. It has unique mechanics that give it a completely different feel from your standard map.

Yeah, that feeling is rage and frustration.

in PvP

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Looking at the new EoTM map it’s pretty clear Anet loves Skyhammer-like features. It’s not going away.

in PvP

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

That’s what you get for standing in a giant red circle. Maybe you should PvE more. =P

in PvP

Posted by: infantrydiv.1620

infantrydiv.1620

The devs have fun because they play warrior or engineer

Ranger//Necro

in PvP

Posted by: Forzani.2584

Forzani.2584

Looking at the new EoTM map it’s pretty clear Anet loves Skyhammer-like features. It’s not going away.

Sadly I agree.

With some of the game mechanics/maps etc it also appears like Anet staff like to do a little trolling themselves. Create something, install in game and sit back and laugh at people raging.

When someone uses the word ‘Meta’, a kitten dies. Don’t do it.

in PvP

Posted by: Yasha.5963

Yasha.5963

Also, where is this statistic of “x % of players want to keep the map” Coming from? I don’t remember a survey going around.
Discuss.

There have been several community polls.

I think the most voted on poll is in this thread:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/Poll-Should-Skyhammer-be-Removed/first

But the community feedback on this goes back a long time
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/Survey-about-skyhammer-map

And there have been other polls over the course of 6-plus months- all of which resounding show that the community would like the map out of solo queue.

However, we did get a response from our community coordinator on this a couple of weeks ago (first response ever on the matter), in which she proves that at least 50% of the community think skyhammer is ok (community coordinator quote from thread):

“I’ve talked to a lot of people personally, and the feelings are mixed. I’d say it’s actually close to 50/50.”
Apparently this is “an example to prove that it is not a majority request to have the map removed from Solo Arena”

That thread actually had some interesting debate on the matter, unfortunately it ended like this:
(community coordinator quote)
“this thread has turned into a conversation about skyhammer, I’m going to go ahead and lock it”.

You can take a look at it by searching “gw2 I’m back” in google (I don’t think the search function works on this forum).

in PvP

Posted by: Wintel.4873

Wintel.4873

Also, where is this statistic of “x % of players want to keep the map” Coming from? I don’t remember a survey going around.

Allie (community dev) said “half the players I have personally talked to”. I.e. she has talked to extremely few players, and a lot of those players happened to be either PvP newbies or idiots/trolls.
Or maybe they had replied in a sarcastic manner like “yes Allie we LOOOVE skyhammer, best idea ever!” and the sarcasm flew over her head. Who knows.

“I’ve talked to a lot of people personally, and the feelings are mixed. I’d say it’s actually close to 50/50.”
Apparently this is “an example to prove that it is not a majority request to have the map removed from Solo Arena”

She clarified that in another thread, specifically saying that statement was not supposed to mean anything and “of course it wasn’t representative of a proper sample size” etc.
Then ANet quickly deleted that thread before it made them look even worse. I wish I was making this stuff up.

The whole series of official responses to Skyhammer were so badly mishandled lol.

(edited by Wintel.4873)

in PvP

Posted by: Tao.5096

Tao.5096

That’s what you get for standing in a giant red circle. Maybe you should PvE more. =P

it doesn’t matter, if you’re defending a point, it’s around 3 sec to switch from one point to another on cannon – when you’re focused on your enemy I doubt you pay attention what’s on the ground.

Tho I’m playing gw2 for almost a week now ^^
So gotta get accustomed to it.

Did I ever tell you, the definition, of Insanity?

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

i had 4 skyhammer in a row today, then spirit watch, skyhammer, spirit watch, 2 forest, skyhammer…..

lkhjnlkytnhlsklzjmJLJMDÖUK;MÖLDfgWG, i am close to uninstalling this game

let us blacklist it at least, pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>