Earth Magic XI is too strong.

in PvP

Posted by: TGH.7630

TGH.7630

Condition builds lack the power necessary to bring elementalists below the 90% threshold. This is because elementalists harbour a variety of heals, and also often run with at least some toughness. This is not an ‘Ele is op pls nerf’ thread. Simply, this particular trait completely negates counter-play in certain scenarios, which I do not feel is in the best interest of the game.

Maybe make it so that while above 90% health, conditions applied to you have a 66% reduced duration. This would increase the effort needed to bring them below that threshold while making it still, actually possible.

(edited by TGH.7630)

in PvP

Posted by: Bsgapollo.5364

Bsgapollo.5364

Condition builds lack the power necessary to bring elementalists below the 90% threshold. This is because elementalists harbour a variety of heals from water, and also often run with at least some toughness. This is not an Ele is op pls nerf thread. Simply, this particular trait completely negates counter-play in certain scenarios, which I do not feel is in the best interest of the game.

Maybe make it so that while above 90% health, conditions applied to you have a 66% reduced duration. This would increase the effort needed to bring them below that threshold.

The trait already by itself is so bad, yet you are asking for a nerf, how many ele’s do you see running with this particular trait?

Level 80 Elementalist, experienced player in pvp, trying out pve for now.

in PvP

Posted by: Nova Stiker.8396

Nova Stiker.8396

You and everyone has been saying how bad counter traits are, we told and warned ArenaNet that Diamond Skin purely exists to counter the condition meta and nothing more.

One of these days they might actually listen to players that spend hundreds if not thousands of hours on their favorite profession.

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

diamond skin is working as intended.
in 1 vs 1 situations, it is very good against condition builds.

guild wars 2 is a team game, bring some friends to take down that ele together!

in PvP

Posted by: glaphen.5230

glaphen.5230

Its almost as if no complaint threads have been made since patch day. Good thing you made this thread since no one else bothered for almost two weeks since it is sooo good.

in PvP

Posted by: entropy.9613

entropy.9613

Can’t PvP, can’t troll.

in PvP

Posted by: TGH.7630

TGH.7630

Condition builds lack the power necessary to bring elementalists below the 90% threshold. This is because elementalists harbour a variety of heals from water, and also often run with at least some toughness. This is not an Ele is op pls nerf thread. Simply, this particular trait completely negates counter-play in certain scenarios, which I do not feel is in the best interest of the game.

Maybe make it so that while above 90% health, conditions applied to you have a 66% reduced duration. This would increase the effort needed to bring them below that threshold.

The trait already by itself is so bad, yet you are asking for a nerf, how many ele’s do you see running with this particular trait?

Most non glass-cannon eles seem to be using it in tPvP at least. It just doesn’t feel right when you can do absolutely nothing with any of your abilities or autos due to a single trait, that’s all You would be surprised at the amount of uptime this trait actually has.

in PvP

Posted by: Arganthium.5638

Arganthium.5638

I haven’t seen a single ele use it. Either way, these kinds of flip-the-table traits go against everything I stand for and many of the principles of the rest of the sPvP community.

Thief|Mesmer|
Theorycrafter

in PvP

Posted by: Edifer.6073

Edifer.6073

The main thing of this trait is that you should spend 30 points in Earth Magic.
It is condition/toughness-based line.
And ele have no viable condi builds now.
Investments are don’t worth losing other more usefull traits and stats.

in PvP

Posted by: Rickster.8752

Rickster.8752

Worst trait ever made. We told them and they didnt listen. It has no place in the game. At all. Total immunity bs which is 100% win rate in certain 1v1s and otherwise just not good. They wont remove it because they are wayyy too stubborn

Official winner of solo queue MMR leaderboards – EU

in PvP

Posted by: Geff.1930

Geff.1930

There are other traits like this. Engi can’t get conditions when below a certain threshold. Warrior auto-cast balanced stance when hit by a CC. Just to name a few.

Lol esport…

in PvP

Posted by: Wintel.4873

Wintel.4873

Non-condition classes: Ele wasted 30 points in a useless trait-line
Condition classes using Carrion amulet: Ele is borderline unkillable
All group fights: Ele will always be below 90% hp and wasted 30 points in a useless trait-line
Ele builds: There is basically only 1 build that makes Diamond Skin work, D/D 0/0/30/20/20 or similar. It’s extremely difficult to make it work because zero points are spent in offensive trees (Fire/Air), it’s mostly defensive.

in PvP

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

Non-condition classes: Ele wasted 30 points in a useless trait-line
Condition classes using Carrion amulet: Ele is borderline unkillable
All group fights: Ele will always be below 90% hp and wasted 30 points in a useless trait-line
Ele builds: There is basically only 1 build that makes Diamond Skin work, D/D 0/0/30/20/20 or similar. It’s extremely difficult to make it work because zero points are spent in offensive trees (Fire/Air), it’s mostly defensive.

I hear there’s these builds out there called bunkers that are designed to be defensive and have almost no damage, I know it’s weird that someone would wanna go with “not dying” instead of blowing everything up, but supposedly it’s this thing called a “staple” in a PvP team, it’s weird isn’kitten

@OP: If you try to min/max you’re gonna have a bad time.

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

in PvP

Posted by: Wintel.4873

Wintel.4873

I hear there’s these builds out there called bunkers that are designed to be defensive and have almost no damage, I know it’s weird that someone would wanna go with “not dying” instead of blowing everything up, but supposedly it’s this thing called a “staple” in a PvP team, it’s weird isn’kitten

Cut the sarcasm, there’s a reason I didn’t call it a bunker build. Ele has no real bunker build, no matter how defensive you choose to go – and it comes at the cost of having absolutely zero damage/pressure capability.
They can never be as defensive as what Rangers and Necros can accomplish, and not even come CLOSE to the “immortal” style bunker builds of Guardians, Warriors and Engineers.

Ele’s rely entirely on spamming dodge with 100% vigor uptime, that’s their “bunker”.

in PvP

Posted by: P Fun Daddy.1208

P Fun Daddy.1208

I have either not seen any eles who use diamond skin, or I killed them fast enough that I didn’t notice they had it. As far as I can tell, it counters PU clone condi mesmers and pure condition necros, and gets you killed by everything else.
Not overpowered or underpowered, just impractical and not active enough to be really useful.

in PvP

Posted by: Amitabh Bachan.4385

Amitabh Bachan.4385

The only thing diamond skin counters is bad players that don’t know how to do 1k damage to the worst class in the game. Aka mostly bad necros that don’t know how to use their skills once they’ve spammed all their AoE on the point

in PvP

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

just use some skills/utilities with some direct damage burst. or god forbid, run a power build. Problem solved.

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

in PvP

Posted by: Ruru.1302

Ruru.1302

The only thing diamond skin counters is bad players that don’t know how to do 1k damage to the worst class in the game. Aka mostly bad necros that don’t know how to use their skills once they’ve spammed all their AoE on the point

ele attunes to water gg full hp again

not saying the trait is good, but i’m saying that it’s not just about being able to do damage to bring below 90%. u need to do consistent power damage as a condition build to get past diamond skin

mag
[Mada] Apocryfia

in PvP

Posted by: Caffynated.5713

Caffynated.5713

I 100% agree that this trait is a hard counter to rabid necro and I think it’s a terrible change to the game.

That said, I have no sympathy for you what so ever. Condi spammers have facerolled long enough and anything that makes them cry makes me happy.

“We recognize that the changes to [ele] will essentially remove it from play. In the future,
we may consider whether or not there is an incarnation of [ele] that would be viable
but balanced. For now, we do not expect it to see serious use.” – ANet

in PvP

Posted by: Amir.1570

Amir.1570

ANY comp will have both power and condition damage. If you’re doing hot-joins then too bad, so sad. Play power builds or make plays with Carrion amulet.

in PvP

Posted by: Candar.8140

Candar.8140

I have said so many times only the more intelligent and/or experienced players will find a way counter for this trait. Guys, 10% is really not a lot on a squishy profession.

The game requires innovative, creative players, and I would say that the elementalist, amongst others are some of the most innovative players. Simply because they had to be to play a class that continues to be the underdog when compared to others. So find a way to beat the Diamond-Skinned Elementalist, be innovative, creative, clever and stop whining.

Let’s not forget that engineers have a trait that protects from conditions when their HP reaches a certain threshold.

in PvP

Posted by: Divinity.8041

Divinity.8041

Condition builds lack the power necessary to bring elementalists below the 90% threshold. This is because elementalists harbour a variety of heals, and also often run with at least some toughness. This is not an ‘Ele is op pls nerf’ thread. Simply, this particular trait completely negates counter-play in certain scenarios, which I do not feel is in the best interest of the game.

Maybe make it so that while above 90% health, conditions applied to you have a 66% reduced duration. This would increase the effort needed to bring them below that threshold while making it still, actually possible.

Name a competitive ele who uses this trait. Wait..name a competitive ele…

R40 Mesmer
Hypercrushed

in PvP

Posted by: cheese.4739

cheese.4739

Once again: if you can’t do 2k direct damage (at most, for an ele’s vitality), either:

1) balance your build a bit better and don’t run something from an extreme point on the spectrum
2) shut up about how things are OP that you’ve been facerolling for months already, and enjoy the flipside of the coin
3) play teamq with a group so they can do all the work and you can just chuck your condi wherever and hope it sticks

in PvP

Posted by: Writetyper.1985

Writetyper.1985

It’s not really too strong, it’s just straight up kittening dumb. Passive condition immunity? Anet are you not getting the message about passives? How about something like “Immunity to conditions for 4 seconds after switching to earth attunement”.

Mortryde/Cold/Thugmentalist Bara
really bad engineer

in PvP

Posted by: cheese.4739

cheese.4739

Yeah I’m not happy that this trait exists as it is, but with condition damage being so punishing to ele, with few blocks, evades and invulns compared to the other low-vitality professions... I’m going to run it for a while. I’m going to enjoy that invulnerability against people who can’t adapt, seeing as I’m playing a variety profession myself. I’m going to risk bringing it into teamfights, where any stray arrow or AoE can take me below that pretty measly 10% barrier, so that I can survive on my own without getting permafeared or bled down in moments.

in PvP

Posted by: sorrychief.2563

sorrychief.2563

wow such immunity

Attachments:

champion magus
previously rank 2 on old leaderboards
EG.secret.OG.NAVI.sorrychief

in PvP

Posted by: Azraelle.1683

Azraelle.1683

Typical “ele op nerf plox can’t play gg((” post.

Thief/Guardian. Desolation [EU]

in PvP

Posted by: sorrow.2364

sorrow.2364

Wat.
That trait is trash and stupid.

2k damage and an elementalist with Barbarian Amulet is out of the Diamond Skin threshold. That’s about a life blast or a couple of autoattacks.

The only way to make it useful is to lower the threshold, but in that case it would become OP.

That trait should not have existed at all.

in PvP

Posted by: Phaeton.9582

Phaeton.9582

Don’t feed it

Phaatonn, London UK