Engineer needs balancing

Engineer needs balancing

in PvP

Posted by: uberkingkong.8041

uberkingkong.8041

It’s not really the turret engineers that really annoy me it’s the 1v2 1v3 never die engineers.

Too many blocks, there shield blocks should not count towards to holding or capping a node either.

They constantly splashing that water healing themselves making them too strong.

They deal too much damage for all that survivability that they have.

That rifle knockback needs a longer cooldown for how powerful it is.

Rocketboots needs a longer cooldown too and a longer cast time.

Guardian hammer banish takes 1 second so those skills need a 1 second cast time as well.

Engineers are too overpowered and needs balanced. Being able to be a bunker and deal insane amount of dps shouldn’t happen.

This needs more balance than those suppose eles and celestial ammy or whatever, I don’t see ANY problems with any ele’s. All the problems I see are with these engineers and the rangers.

That ranger knockback needs toning down too, it needs a 1 second cast time just like the guardian hammer banish.

That same kind of engineer can be used in Skyhammer matches too. Class that does it all, needs balancing because no other class can do it all too.

They heal too hard, they knockback too hard, they deal damage too hard, plus they drop turrets on you making them condi too hard. Too much stuff they do best, needs to be looked at and toned down appropriately…

Ask yourselves, why does guardian have a long casttime to do a knockback but rangers and engineers its different.

You cant even see it coming it’s just instant and they deal so much range damage as well.

(edited by uberkingkong.8041)

Engineer needs balancing

in PvP

Posted by: Chaith.8256

Chaith.8256

It’s not really the turret engineers that really annoy me it’s the 1v2 1v3 never die engineers.

Too many blocks, there shield blocks should not count towards to holding or capping a node either.

They constantly splashing that water healing themselves making them too strong.

They deal too much damage for all that survivability that they have.

That rifle knockback needs a longer cooldown for how powerful it is.

Rocketboots needs a longer cooldown too and a longer cast time.

Guardian hammer banish takes 1 second so those skills need a 1 second cast time as well.

Engineers are too overpowered and needs balanced. Being able to be a bunker and deal insane amount of dps shouldn’t happen.

This needs more balance than those suppose eles and celestial ammy or whatever, I don’t see ANY problems with any ele’s. All the problems I see are with these engineers and the rangers.

That ranger knockback needs toning down too, it needs a 1 second cast time just like the guardian hammer banish.

That same kind of engineer can be used in Skyhammer matches too. Class that does it all, needs balancing because no other class can do it all too.

They heal too hard, they knockback too hard, they deal damage too hard, plus they drop turrets on you making them condi too hard. Too much stuff they do best, needs to be looked at and toned down appropriately.

Water splashes, them’s too strong. Rocket boots, too fast. Eles are fine l2p.

Aite.

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh
New Twitter: @chaithhh

Engineer needs balancing

in PvP

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

Eng itself is fine. Celest + might could use some minor tweaks though. Same with ele.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

Engineer needs balancing

in PvP

Posted by: Shinobi.3240

Shinobi.3240

Fix to Engi:

Weaponswap cooldown on device/ weapon kits and their main weapon.
e.g. They switch from rifle to bomb kit – rifle gets 10 second cd – they switch from bombkit to elixier gun – bomb kit gets 10 seconds cd.

Incendiary Powder: triggers from blinds.

Best regards!

Shinobi Sicarius [ Thief / Lvl: 80 / PvP Rank: 250+]
[5/8 Champion Titles – Legendary Division] [19k+ AP]
[BEER – Dungeon Riders – Desolation]

Engineer needs balancing

in PvP

Posted by: ArthurDent.9538

ArthurDent.9538

Fix to Engi:

Weaponswap cooldown on device/ weapon kits and their main weapon.
e.g. They switch from rifle to bomb kit – rifle gets 10 second cd – they switch from bombkit to elixier gun – bomb kit gets 10 seconds cd.

Incendiary Powder: triggers from blinds.

Best regards!

If you want the class to be completely destroyed (or get nothing but turret engis) then that is how you do it.

14 Dungeon paths soloed
Lupi solos on 9/9 professions
Wost Engi NA

Engineer needs balancing

in PvP

Posted by: Arachnid.4062

Arachnid.4062

In reality, Engineer is developing a reputation as probably one of the most poorly designed professions as the game moves along. It has a list of specs that are or have been absolutely broken in the solo queue game mode: Automated Response Bomb Nade, Decap, Skyhammer Knockback and now Turrets are all incredibly stupid and poorly designed.

“Top players” continue to defend Incendiary Powder, which constitutes Rabid Engineer’s main source of damage. A completely undodgeable random proc which can do over 4,000 damage and can be procced by any attack an Engineer does. Obvious skillful gameplay right there.

Then there is Engineer’s healing turret, the strongest heal per second in the game. Also one of the shortest cast times. Again, great design.

In addition to that, a number of other things that keep Engineer as a top profession are almost entirely passive such as protection on CC, increased health regeneration (on top of their best heal in game) while using a kit, Transmute, and last but not least, permanent swiftness just for spamming kit swaps.

Then there is crate, possibly the strongest Elite in the game, with even more passive burn and now added passive immobilize.

Overall, Engineer is a mess. It has high healing, high mobility, high AoE damage, high 1v1 potential, low counterplay and definitely fits in really well with its buddy, the Elementalist. Hence why you see teams like Abjured running 2x double classes, with their players claiming this meta is great and everything is viable and balanced! LMAO

Engineer needs balancing

in PvP

Posted by: SaintSnow.6593

SaintSnow.6593

You’re bad at the game, get over it.

Säïnt

Engineer needs balancing

in PvP

Posted by: glock.6590

glock.6590

Then there is Engineer’s healing turret, the strongest heal per second in the game. Also one of the shortest cast times.

This, if they added longer cast time, D/P thief vs engineer could be a reasonable match up. I dont care about incendiery powder, every class has attacks that cant be dodged but not every class has a stupid heal that heals u to full and is nearly impossible to interupt.

6’4’’ Master Race. I am Above You.

Engineer needs balancing

in PvP

uberkingkong.8041

They need to tone down whatever it is that splashes water on them, everytime I fight them they heal themselves so strong that its almost impossible to kill, and the amount of damage they deal shouldn’t be that strong with the amount of bunker they are.

Engineer needs balancing

in PvP

Chaith.8256

Hence why you see teams like Abjured running 2x double classes, with their players claiming this meta is great and everything is viable and balanced! LMAO

The Abjured’s comp is purely based on which subs could physically go to China. Not based on balance.

Do you think The Abjured’s comp is better with me subbing as a 2nd Engi, as opposed to Nos on Necro? Hell no. Sit down. I’ll be the first to admit that Engi/Necro is better than Engi/Engi for how The Abjured plays the game.

Also, running no Engies is viable. See: TCG comp – Thief, Mes, Guard, Ele, Warrior/Ranger depending on R O M.

Do you see how between just these two China teams, every profession is considered in the comps?

Seeing as how in the past, there’s always been a trashcan profession who you can’t carry to victory: IE, War, Ele. Ranger and Warrior and Mesmer are arguably the professions that are on the lower end of picks right this second, but clearly it’s a L2P issue if you can rock them and go to China.

Edit: so just to clarify, take any profession, l2p, build a team around it if necessary, and you can compete at the highest level. Not all professions are favored equally, nobody is claiming that, but it’s not imbalanced to the point where you can’t play what your main class is. For that reason, despite Eles and arguably Engies getting too many picks, cross profession, overall viability/balance is better than it’s ever been.

Also, Uberkingkong that splash of water that you encounter that seems to sustain Engineers, that’s from the Tear-Collection Turret. It’s cooldown is reset every time a Guardian cries on the forums.

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh

(edited by Chaith.8256)

Engineer needs balancing

in PvP

Arachnid.4062

Yes, I definitely have seen TCG losing to a variety of Engi/Ele celetank ‘teams’ who run around spamming AoE on all 3 nodes and then heal to full with their waterfields and blast finishers.

We can only hope that they will be able to sufficiently outplay the Abjured with actual coordination and good use of actual conquest roles (other than the “being good at everything” role which you are so fond of). But I expect at this point to see them succumb to the highly balanced kittenstorm of AoE spam and blast finishers you will through at them.

Engineer needs balancing

in PvP

Chaith.8256

We can only hope that they will be able to sufficiently outplay the Abjured with actual coordination and good use of actual conquest roles (other than the “being good at everything” role which you are so fond of). But I expect at this point to see them succumb to the highly balanced kittenstorm of AoE spam and blast finishers you will through at them.

Totes. Because having a Guardian, Ele, and Warrior to sit on nodes, with a Thief/Mes roamer requires so much more coordination, and is such a different concept than two Eles sitting on nodes, and Engi/Engi(Necro)/Thief roaming.

Man, I sure hope that The Abjured’s inability to understand conquest roles is negated by all the blast finishers they got. Ha-ha…

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh

Engineer needs balancing

in PvP

Posted by: ellesee.8297

ellesee.8297

Hello frands! Vee Wee here, retired #1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!

Pretty sure every top player on a team is running their mains! Nobody swapped to Engineer because it’s “super op”! Sounds like you need a dose of get good sons my frands!

PS: Get good sons!
PPS: #playerskillissue #rememberheartseekerQQthreads
PPPS: If there were more good Necromancer players… You don’t even have to be a good Necromancer player to beat way better Engi/Ele players! Literally the easiest class to pick up and poop on things next to Ranger!
PPPPS: Engi bunkers! Who does that! That’s crazy! Get good sons!
PPPPPS: Who even runs Rocket Boots in PvP!
PPPPPPS: Guardian Banish doesn’t self CC and isn’t super buggy like Overcharge Shot is!
PPPPPPPS: Skyhammer is a terrible map! Balancing around Skyhammer is even a worse idea! Where do you get this stuff!

Wahoo! Bye frands!

#1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!
#1 Frandliest person NA!
http://www.twitch.tv/Livskis

Engineer needs balancing

in PvP

Arachnid.4062

I don’t play necromancer, but I’d say necromancer is much higher risk in team settings than engineer is to play. You actually have to know how to position properly and spike people rather than running around spamming ur incendiary powder on people and then going through ur shield block/elixir s/stealth/uninterruptable heal rotation whenever you get focused.

In fact, if you think that Engineer is harder to be effective on than Necromancer, I can only really laugh.

And that’s why there is one active necromancer in top tier while there are probably about 10+ engineers.

Engineer needs balancing

in PvP

Posted by: robertul.3679

robertul.3679

They should add a cap to the number of water bottles engineer carry in their hobosacks.
Too many splashes!!

Engineer needs balancing

in PvP

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

Then there is Engineer’s healing turret, the strongest heal per second in the game. Also one of the shortest cast times.

This, if they added longer cast time, D/P thief vs engineer could be a reasonable match up. I dont care about incendiery powder, every class has attacks that cant be dodged but not every class has a stupid heal that heals u to full and is nearly impossible to interupt.

A thief complaining about a heal that’s nearly impossible to interrupt… while having one that is totally impossible to interrupt… >.>

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

Engineer needs balancing

in PvP

Chaith.8256

A thief complaining about a heal that’s nearly impossible to interrupt… while having one that is totally impossible to interrupt… >.>

Yeah I don’t get the tears over not being able to reliably interrupt Healing Turret. Why should you be able to?

• Healing Signet, Signet of Restoration, Withdraw, Shelter. 4/8 Professions use completely un-interruptible heals. Shelter being maybe an exception if you get really outplayed. By virtue of having no viable un-interruptible heal, the Engineer is 5th of 8 professions in difficulty to heal-interrupt. Lmao. More tears. The odds are, your healing skill is harder to interrupt than Healing Turret, or you have many ways (mesmer) to cover the cast.
Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh

Engineer needs balancing

in PvP

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Honestly, I have nothing against most Engineers. I just feel like the condi setup with P/S is too strong for that much lower skill floor and “safer” play.

From my experience, celestial Engi with rifle is rather fine, zerk builds – even more. Just objections against P/S “Spamgineer”.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

Engineer needs balancing

in PvP

Posted by: Dredd Spirit Caller.4082

Dredd Spirit Caller.4082

I don’t play necromancer, but I’d say necromancer is much higher risk in team settings than engineer is to play. You actually have to know how to position properly and spike people rather than running around spamming ur incendiary powder on people and then going through ur shield block/elixir s/stealth/uninterruptable heal rotation whenever you get focused.

In fact, if you think that Engineer is harder to be effective on than Necromancer, I can only really laugh.

And that’s why there is one active necromancer in top tier while there are probably about 10+ engineers.

what!!!!
necro has high risck than engy?
necro got double life with F1, if an engy decapper or turrets go off his skill rotation is dead
healing turret is a short CD but got small heal x2 and blast water got small heal to for full heal an engy on blust, he need to blust 2 or 3 times the water field (how many skil he need to waste on blast
) for heal himself
not to mention other OP class or build (evasive thief, bunker guard, hambow war, ecc)

Engy:Turrets Nade/HgH Kit Bunker Zerker
Necro:MMMesmer:pve omniRanger:SpiritsThief:P/P

Engineer needs balancing

in PvP

Posted by: Lifestealer.4910

Lifestealer.4910

Its hilarious that people think celestial rifle, a build that is weaker in 1v1 in almost all situation compared to a rabid p/p or p/s somehow needs a nerf. The build at best only gets 6-9 might compared to an ele or warrior who can get 25 easily. IP also hits for noodles and the entire build is extremely predictable having many counter plays.

If you ever lose to this build 1v1, you got outplayed really hard.

Engineer needs balancing

in PvP

SaintSnow.6593

I repeat, op you’re bad at the game.

P.S. Necro is only a risk if you make it. Otherwise you feast on any class no problem. But basically 80% of the necro player base can’t think past their left nostril.
#splishsplash2014 #watertoogud #thirsty

Attachments:

Säïnt

Engineer needs balancing

in PvP

uberkingkong.8041

They should add a cap to the number of water bottles engineer carry in their hobosacks.
Too many splashes!!

Yes that water splash is pretty crazy, its like the engineer is an ele… They are not ele’s, they don’t deserve to be able to cleanse conditions just as good as an ele, yet do crazy damage, knockbacks, and be able to handle crazy amounts of dps. Just add fear to there kitten nal and I wont know what else they could ask for.

Its hilarious that people think celestial rifle, a build that is weaker in 1v1 in almost all situation compared to a rabid p/p or p/s somehow needs a nerf. The build at best only gets 6-9 might compared to an ele or warrior who can get 25 easily. IP also hits for noodles and the entire build is extremely predictable having many counter plays.

Ya… Speaking of which, I lost a 1v2, my team couldn’t take him 1v1, he pretty much went far and dominated.

Seems to be a trend huh? The far guy. Is it an engineer? Yes. Don’t even bother than, because he will 1v1 you 1v2 and 1v3 you. Overpowered freaks, needs some balancing.

Engineer needs balancing

in PvP

Chaith.8256

Too many splashes!!

Yes that water splash is pretty crazy, its like the engineer is an ele… They are not ele’s, they don’t deserve to be able to cleanse conditions just as good as an ele, yet do crazy damage, knockbacks, and be able to handle crazy amounts of dps. Just add fear to there kitten nal and I wont know what else they could ask for.

Ya… Speaking of which, I lost a 1v2, my team couldn’t take him 1v1, he pretty much went far and dominated.

Seems to be a trend huh? The far guy. Is it an engineer? Yes. Don’t even bother than, because he will 1v1 you 1v2 and 1v3 you. Overpowered freaks, needs some balancing.

Splish splash, all my conditions instantly gone! Actually, meta Engineers with healing turret have about 6-8 condition removal per minute, with 15-20 seconds devoid of any condition removal, and meta Cantrip Eles realistically have 22-26 per minute.

Splish splash, son. Cleansing as good as an Ele? Ez.

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh

Engineer needs balancing

in PvP

Posted by: Lifestealer.4910

Lifestealer.4910

Too many splashes!!

If you are losing a 1v2 then its really personal skill issue at this point, for you and your partner. really not kidding, even the most OP spec in the game atm can’t 1v2 assuming equal skill level.

Engineer needs balancing

in PvP

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

my problem with engi is not the fact i think their are op rather the fact they can hold a point too easy without risking much themselves
they put out their turrets in the middle so the AI do all the dmg while they are just focusing on defense and kd
its reminds me the pu memser – put clones out and focus on stealth while the clones do all the dmg

in an open area i can fight them but if they put already the turrets out its harder to contest the point

also i hate when they put turrets on windows or higher ground while they go the cap other points and other enemy player stand in the point i try to cap so its 1v1.5 with lots of condi pressure

i think turrets should disapear after the engi walk away 1200 range
also maybe the activation of the turret skills be slower or they could be killed easier even by conditions
ot maybe the range of the turrets will decrease to 600 so the engi must move from the point if he wants to fight it

Engineer needs balancing

in PvP

Posted by: SoLeciTO.3490

SoLeciTO.3490

i love this post . . . pleople trying to save a sinked ship.

Engineer needs balancing

in PvP

Chaith.8256

If I were in charge of balance, I would make Healing Turret remove three or four conditions and nerf engineer’s condition application a tad — maybe by making Incendiary Powder last two or three seconds by default.

But those are really changes at the margin. Anyone who thinks any class is dramatically broken is very likely blaming the game for a personal skill issue.

Unfortunately, the balance between healing skills is … really unbalanced. Healing Turret pulls out much better sustain, utility (with the knockback) and the condition removal. Buffing Healing Turret would just make the other ones even worse in comparison, choices are ideal.

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh

Engineer needs balancing

in PvP

Posted by: ArthurDent.9538

ArthurDent.9538

If I were in charge of balance, I would make Healing Turret remove three or four conditions and nerf engineer’s condition application a tad — maybe by making Incendiary Powder last two or three seconds by default.

But those are really changes at the margin. Anyone who thinks any class is dramatically broken is very likely blaming the game for a personal skill issue.

Unfortunately, the balance between healing skills is … really unbalanced. Healing Turret pulls out much better sustain, utility (with the knockback) and the condition removal. Buffing Healing Turret would just make the other ones even worse in comparison, choices are ideal.

Have to agree, Healing turret is already the best #6 heal in the game with basically no close second. Even the compared to the generally considered overpowered Healing signet it has greater potential hp/s (not totally positive), clears conditions, is aoe healing for teammates, and has both a blast finisher and water field for extra utility. Basically this skill doesn’t need any buffs as it is already incredibly strong, in engi needs extra cleansing options, then add them elsewhere.

14 Dungeon paths soloed
Lupi solos on 9/9 professions
Wost Engi NA

Engineer needs balancing

in PvP

SaintSnow.6593

Splish splash I was takin a bath
http://youtu.be/4KmKkV3ddAo

Säïnt

Engineer needs balancing

in PvP

Posted by: Warlord of Chaos.7845

Warlord of Chaos.7845

The only things that engis are OP about honestly is incin powder, healing turret, supply crate, and overcharged shot.

I would suggest IP be reworked like dhuumfire was for necro, healing turret gets a 5 sec cd increase or a cast time increase, supply crate to be generally less powerful, and overcharged shot to have a small cd increase or just more counterplay.

However, I think that the other engi elites would need a buff/rework if supply crate got nerfed.

-Rylock [vE]
Retired.

Engineer needs balancing

in PvP

Posted by: balmung.6217

balmung.6217

Overcharged shot prob needs to be 1/2cast time and gear shield brought up by 5 secs other than that doesn’t bother me.

Engineer needs balancing

in PvP

Posted by: vincecontix.1264

vincecontix.1264

Nope engi dont need any extra condi cleansing options. Currently other players can build there classes around engi weakness(condi and cc) to counter them . If I see a team of engi I can currently choose necro or condi ranger or anything else to kitten em up.

Shikamaru X Thief, Warrior, Mesmer, Engi(FT leader)
Highest ranked reached 28 soloq
Isle of Janthir

Engineer needs balancing

in PvP

Posted by: Ouroboros.5076

Ouroboros.5076

Engies still have counters, so it’s not as bad as people say. Still, Healing Turret has a broken CD considering the heal it provides.

Supply Crate is an extremely powerful elite that is true, and it’s even more so in an environment where you have to defend points. That said, I think it’s fine, no major nerf required (maybe a slight CD increase, or HP reduction on turrets ?)